Start by marking “Momentum” as Want to Read:
Momentum

Momentum

This is an anthology about moving in, moving out, and moving on. It features friendly (and smug) ghosts, people overcoming their fears, giant robots, bitter falling outs, people taking the leap, people coming back home, ever-changing family dynamics, love at unlikely dimensions and planets, and, of course, humor.
Published April 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Momentum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Momentum

Start your review of Momentum
halfirishgrin
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am obviously (slightly) biased because I have a story in this anthology but the 5 stars and this review is for all of the other authors and stories in this anthology because WOW. They are beyond talented and have put together such wonderful stories about moving in, moving out, and moving on.

For most of these authors, it was my first time reading their work and honestly, I'm struck by how brilliantly talented they all are, along with the amount of diversity within this collection. There's a li
Sofia Soter
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
MOMENTUM is a delightful anthology filled with incredible stories by talented writers, and I swear I'm not just saying that because one of those stories is mine!
Ceillie Simkiss
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely little anthology, and I can't wait to read more from all of these authors!
Francesca Flores
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a beautiful anthology! The theme of "moving on" is a unique one that ties together all these stories perfectly. Though they follow the same general theme, each one is so unique, and brings a whole new world to the page. I also loved the wide range of topics and issues these stories covered. Some were more fun, some were more serious, some added sci fi/fantasy while others dealt with our daily lives and interpersonal emotions. I highly recommend it :)
Alex
I loved the connecting theme of movement in this anthology. I also loved that most (if not all, I can't remember) of the authors and main characters were non-white of several cultures and countries. Some of the stories were only a couple of pages long, which was a little surprising, but the later ones got longer. Personally my favourite was the last one, In Support of the One Child Policy by Katie Zhao.

There were some formatting issues in some of the story though.
Safiya
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this entire anthology in one night. It was the night before I went back to work after a break and I should've spent slept, but I ended up sleeping up at 2 a.m. because I couldn't put it down before I was finished with all the entries.

There's just something special about stories written by authors of colors, and otherwise marginalized people. They added depth and nuance to the theme of "moving on" that couldn't have been achieved without the struggle that comes with being a marginalized au
Mayara Barros
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Guys, this anthology is amazing! The stories are so good! I even cried a little. Every writer has a clear voice and the stories go from sweet to heartbreaking to comforting. And you will find just about everything in there: there are giant robots, a trip to another world, friendships, family relationships, food! So much food!

Give it a chance and I'm sure you'll find something you like.
Maria
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved loved loved the stories, stories about moving in and moving out and moving back and moving on. My personal favorites were the stories by Ashia Monet and Katie Zhao.

A must read.
Ams
Apr 16, 2018
Katie Zhao
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nahia
London Shah
Apr 13, 2018
Naseem
Apr 13, 2018

• Frankly in Love (Frankly in Love, #1)
  • Darius the Great Is Not Okay (Darius The Great, #1)
  • I Wish You All the Best
  • The Fragile Ordinary
  • The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1)
  • It Only Happens in the Movies
  • West of the Moon
  • Patron Saints of Nothing
  • Journey's End
  • Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life
  • Empress of Forever
  • Crush
  • Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1)
  • The Pursuit Of... (The Worth Saga #2.5)
  • Nature Poem
  • The Black Tides of Heaven (Tensorate, #1)
  • Calling a Wolf a Wolf
  • The Fever King (Feverwake, #1)