Start by marking “Momentum” as Want to Read:
Momentum

Momentum

This is an anthology about moving in, moving out, and moving on. It features friendly (and smug) ghosts, people overcoming their fears, giant robots, bitter falling outs, people taking the leap, people coming back home, ever-changing family dynamics, love at unlikely dimensions and planets, and, of course, humor.
Published April 14th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Momentum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Momentum

Start your review of Momentum
halfirishgrin
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am obviously (slightly) biased because I have a story in this anthology but the 5 stars and this review is for all of the other authors and stories in this anthology because WOW. They are beyond talented and have put together such wonderful stories about moving in, moving out, and moving on.

For most of these authors, it was my first time reading their work and honestly, I'm struck by how brilliantly talented they all are, along with the amount of diversity within this collection. There's a li
Sofia Soter
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
MOMENTUM is a delightful anthology filled with incredible stories by talented writers, and I swear I'm not just saying that because one of those stories is mine! ...more
Ceillie Simkiss
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely little anthology, and I can't wait to read more from all of these authors! ...more
Francesca Flores
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a beautiful anthology! The theme of "moving on" is a unique one that ties together all these stories perfectly. Though they follow the same general theme, each one is so unique, and brings a whole new world to the page. I also loved the wide range of topics and issues these stories covered. Some were more fun, some were more serious, some added sci fi/fantasy while others dealt with our daily lives and interpersonal emotions. I highly recommend it :) ...more
Alex
I loved the connecting theme of movement in this anthology. I also loved that most (if not all, I can't remember) of the authors and main characters were non-white of several cultures and countries. Some of the stories were only a couple of pages long, which was a little surprising, but the later ones got longer. Personally my favourite was the last one, In Support of the One Child Policy by Katie Zhao.

There were some formatting issues in some of the story though.
s
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this entire anthology in one night. It was the night before I went back to work after a break and I should've spent slept, but I ended up sleeping up at 2 a.m. because I couldn't put it down before I was finished with all the entries.

There's just something special about stories written by authors of colors, and otherwise marginalized people. They added depth and nuance to the theme of "moving on" that couldn't have been achieved without the struggle that comes with being a marginalized au
May Barros
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Guys, this anthology is amazing! The stories are so good! I even cried a little. Every writer has a clear voice and the stories go from sweet to heartbreaking to comforting. And you will find just about everything in there: there are giant robots, a trip to another world, friendships, family relationships, food! So much food!

Give it a chance and I'm sure you'll find something you like.
Maria
Jun 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Loved loved loved the stories, stories about moving in and moving out and moving back and moving on. My personal favorites were the stories by Ashia Monet and Katie Zhao.

A must read.
Vladimir Sivin
Apr 10, 2021
Katie Zhao
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Nahia
nope
is currently reading it

• This Is How You Lose the Time War
  • Starfish
  • Girls of Storm and Shadow (Girls of Paper and Fire, #2)
  • A River in Darkness: One Man's Escape from North Korea
  • The Henna Wars
  • Before She Disappeared (Frankie Elkin, #1)
  • Kisses and Croissants
  • Icatha - The Soul Eater (Naija Stories Anthology Book 2)
  • Something Wild