Start by marking “Like Cats and Dogs: Based on the Hallmark Channel Original Movie” as Want to Read:

Like Cats and Dogs: Based on the Hallmark Channel Original Movie

Laura is drifting through life. Spencer has the next decade perfectly planned. Laura loves her dog Frank. Spencer pampers his cat Mozart. Both humans have nothing in common, but when there's a mix-up with a vacation rental house, they're suddenly stuck together. At first, they fight like cats and dogs. Yet they can't deny that opposites definitely attract. Can they find a ...more
Published April 17th 2018 by Hallmark Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Like Cats and Dogs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Like Cats and Dogs

Start your review of Like Cats and Dogs: Based on the Hallmark Channel Original Movie
Linda 📚
Fun, light cozy-romance with an opposites attract conflict and humor spread throughout. Laura is an accountant who lives and works with her parents. She takes her part-beagle dog and heads off on a two week vacation in hopes of figuring out who she really is and what she’s meant to do in life. She loves photography, loud pop music, and junk food. Spencer Hodkins is a grad student struggling to write his dissertation in the field of psychology, but his muse is blocked. He’s eating raw food for a ...more
Shalini
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who can resist true love and everything that comes stringed along with it, from the beautiful strains of Vivaldi to the hip hop peppy beats of Rihanna. The love can travel along the rhythms of music to flow along the rhythms of the hearts, binding them together, forever. Aah... That's the power of true love.

This book based on the Hallmark Channel original movie, just multiplies this love between two characters who live life in diametrically opposite ways.

Spencer loves rules, Laura lives life on
Heather
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Laura Haley and Spencer Hodkins couldn’t more different like Cats and Dogs. Or can they? They both rent this Home in South Haven thinking they will have this time to them selfs but are thrown together for the next 2 weeks.

I like Laura because she is care free, easy going and very optimistic. She had a good attitude in any situation. Even if her doesn’t go as plan she is will to try to make the best of it. She has a dog named Frank.

Spencer drove me nuts he was so stiff at first. He has to have
Joy
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Seriously, how cute is this little book?

As I have said before and I will say it again, I am completely in love with Hallmark Channel. I was a big fan of this movie when it came out and I was very excited to be reading it in book form.

This is an easy and light read. I love how the author shares more into the characters' lives than just what's seen on screen. And she included new material in the novel that wasn't quite in the
Melissa Borsey
Apr 28, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a fun, heart-warming read abour a woman with her dog and a man with his cat who get stuck in a rental house on the beach that they were both approved to rent for two weeks. When they discover that there are no other available rentals they decide to stay and make the best of it. This turns out to be easier said than done. I thank Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.
Kristin Davison
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank netgalley and Hallmark Publishing for a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

Spencer is desperate to finish his doctoral dissertation and heads to South Haven to get rid of any distractions. Laura is working for her parents and living at home, a trip South Haven may help her figure out her future.

However the house they rented was double booked and their stuck together along with Spencer's car and Laura's dog.

This is really cute and exactly what you would
Ruth Hill
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not financially compensated, and all opinions are 100 percent mine.

Again, Hallmark authors have raised the bar, and I am thoroughly excited to continue to review these books. When this book first premiered on the Hallmark Channel, at the best, it was a little bit above average, in my opinion. Fun story, good actors, but I wasn't particularly overwhelmed with the story. Picking up this book to read didn't excite me all that
Ronald B.
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Disappointed

I expected an expansion of the TV script with lots of characters thoughts and perhaps even some expanded story line, but the expansion was minimal and read seemed to be aimed at adolescents. It was my first Hallmark book and cost was 5.99 and I am not sure it was worth that or my time. Makes me a little gun shy on further Hallmark books that didn’t start out as a book.
RoloPoloBookBlog
By Alexis Stanton
Source: Netgalley
My Rating: 4/5 stars

Laura isn’t exactly unhappy with her life, but she isn’t dancing on cloud nine either. With two weeks away from “real” life in an idyllic location with nothing but her camera and little dog, Frank, Laura is hoping to find some clarity, some direction. She’s tired of simply drifting through life and is ready to make some hard choices related to her future. Unfortunately, the
Elley Murray
Rating: 3.5 stars

Like Cats and Dogs has a very Odd Couple vibe. Laura is the Oscar to Spencer's Felix; she is messy and he's neat, she's a dog person and he's a cat person, she likes loud pop music and pizza and he likes Vivaldi on vinyl and is doing a raw diet. I love the opposites-attract aspect of this book, and I'm tagging it at enemies to lovers even though they're not really ENEMIES, but sort of, but not...?

I love the Laura and Spencer are both on a bit of a personal growth journey, and
Maria Thomas
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a quick, light romance. I think I saw the beginning of the movie but not the whole thing. When I started reading the book I kept feeling like I'd read the book before but couldn't figure out how that was possible since I'd just recently gotten a copy of it. I finally realized as I was envisioning the scenes that I'd seen the beginning of the movie and that is why it all seemed so familiar. The book reads just like the movie shows. At least at the beginning. I can't swear to the whole ...more
Brenda
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Publisher's Description:
Laura is drifting through life.

Spencer has the next decade perfectly planned.

Laura loves her dog Frank.

Spencer pampers his cat Mozart.

At first, they fight like cats and dogs. Yet they can't deny that opposites definitely attract. Can they find a way to share a roof without driving each other crazy...or falling in love?

This funny, feel-good romance
Margaret Watkins
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Like Cats and Dogs is a well written and delightfully clean romance. It has laugh out loud moments and takes the reader on a journey of discovery with the two main characters. Spencer needs quiet and space in which to complete the dissertation for his doctorate and Laura needs time out from her regimented life to discover her purpose in life. They both end up in South Haven in a rental home where they have been double booked. Laura has a rambunctious dog and Spencer has an autocratic cat. ...more
Kristin
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Julia
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Like Cats And Dogs by Alexis Stanton is a delightful contemporary romance, just perfect for any time of year.
They say opposites attract, but do they? Do 'cat people' and 'dog people' ever really come together? The novel explores these questions.
I am definitely a 'cat person' but I adore books where animals have a starring role and this is no exception. I loved Mozart the cat and Frank the dog both of whom had their own unique personalities.
Some people are neat and tidy. Others breeze through
Himanish Prabhakar
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
My review is 4.5 stars.

There is a big difference when you are writing a fiction book, and when you are writing a fiction book based on a movie. The task of writing a book from a movie is difficult. Really difficult! And the way author pulled it off, I would say this is absolutely awesome & marvellous way to actually do it. I think every romance lover is a fan of "Hallmark Channel" and the movies. And to write a book on a Hallmark Channel movie need guts and brilliance, both qualities are in
Allison
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the story of Laura and Spencer. Laura is a bubbly, recent college graduate who is not happy with where she is in life, but doesn’t know where she wants to go. Spencer is a serious, graduate student writing his dissertation on love being only a chemical thing. What happens when they are stuck together in a house for two weeks?
The differences between these two characters are significant and at first I really couldn’t see them ending up together. The timeline is fast, but successful.
The
Kayla
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Netgalley for giving me this book to read in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was given, offered, or taken to alter the opinion.

Like Cats and Dogs is yet another funny, sweet, and charming story in the Hallmark book line. I just love these Hallmark adaptations and this one definitely did not disappoint! It's a light-hearted read and I completed it in less than one day. It's the perfect read for spring or summer time. I love the opposites attract theme in this book and
Margaret
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Like Cats and Dogs is an hilarious sweet romance about two single people who are thrown together in a rental home by a "booking error." Laura, who still lives with her accountant parents, plans to take long hot showers and use lots of towels, play her music loud, and generally just unwind and try to figure out her life. Spencer is a graduate student in psychology planning on using his two week rental to write his dissertation so he can move on with the rest of his well planned out life. Laura ...more
claire jones
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another sweet romance from Hallmark. Two strangers, a dog loving heroine and a cat owner hero, find themselves double booked at a house rental and their differing personalities cause friction between them.
This is a gentle love story as all Hallmark based books are, and definitely has a feel good factor. The heroine is quirky and fun and the hero is handsome but serious, but as in all odd couple stories a common ground is found. A good read to give that Hallmark feeling when the television is
Kristen Lewendon
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Opposites attract in this sweet and silly romantic comedy. This was perhaps the oddest odd couple I have ever read. When fate lands free-spirited Laura and her dog in the same vacation rental as meticulous Spencer and his cat, there’s no other choice but to make the best of the mix up. I liked both leading characters, though Spencer was much better once he learned to relax a little. I wasn’t so fond of the presence of the other-woman drama in the book. It felt a little manufactured and like it ...more
Shea
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it

I wanted to like this book a little more than I did. I liked the story but the characters felt two dimensional and just didn't quite come to life for me. I imagine it is a bit different to adapt a movie into a book than it is to adapt a book into a movie but something is just missing in this one. The story is sweet and I actually think I would enjoy the movie. I would just like to see the characters have more fully developed points of view.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced
Donna
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet story of two people who rent the same house and find out more about themselves than they could ever have imagined. Laura and Spencer find themselves in a peculiar predicament. How do they handle their so called misfortune? These characters are well rounded and each have their own issues they must work through. I found this story to be a heartwarming tale of making new friendships, believing in oneself, and finding one's own soul mate. I would recommend this book to everyone!
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. The story flowed very well and was very enjoyable. This book will keep you reading long into the night and you will not want to put this book down until you finish. This was such a great read and full of surprises. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader’s copy of this book. The free book held no determination on my personal review.
Amanda
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An adorable opposites attract love story! Such a fun beach read.

When a contract mix up for their vacation rental means they have to share the place for two weeks, Laura and Spencer, along with Laura's dog, Frank, and Spencer's cat, Mozart, decide to make the best of it. What follows is a darling romp with some very cute and sweet dialogue. I loved it!

Thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and the author for the ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Irene Langston-Butler
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This a cute, fun story about two people who rents a house and due to mix-up are there at the same time. Spencer who is there to write is so disciple in his life has a cat and Laura who easy going and trying to figure out her life has a dog. Chaos ensures when the humans and animals meet. The storyline flows along smoothly and is well developed as well as the characters. Received an ARC and am voluntary giving this review
Melissa Hayford
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a fun sweet romance! I love
Hallmark movies, but unfortunately my husband does not, so I love that I can read these books and feel like I'm catching up on a movie I missed. I love the idea of being double booked and figuring out how to live together. Laura and Spencer are complete opposites. I enjoyed seeing how they irritated each other, yet bonded and helped each other. They are a cute couple and I loved reading their story.
Patricia
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love humor & there was a lot of humor in this book. Great romance story also of two people who didn't seem to be right for each other. The concept of a wonderful woman who matched Spencer & Laura by renting the same house was wonderful! I'd love to know someone like her! A very giving wonderful person! Book very well written. I received this free & this is my unbiased opinion! Thanks Liz
Jamie
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cats, arc, netgalley, romance, dogs
I don't read romance books because I thought I didn't like them. This romance book has changed my mind about romance books. I like the writing style. I like the characters. I like the story.
If you think you don't like romance books, read this book.

I received an ARC from NetGalley and the publisher for an honest review.
Judy
May 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
I had trouble finishing this book because I just did not like the characters. I nearly put it down several times but decided I could finish it since it was so short. For me, it just wasn't believable, in any way, that Spencer and Laura might be attracted to each other.

I received an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley.

• The Perfect Catch: Based on the Hallmark Channel Original Movie
  • A Dash Of Love
  • Christmas In Evergreen
  • Sunrise Cabin
  • Beach Wedding Weekend
  • A Royal Christmas Wish: An Enchanting Christmas Romance from Hallmark Publishing
  • Love Locks: Based on the Hallmark Channel Original Movie
  • Wrapped Up In Christmas
  • At the Heart of Christmas
  • A Christmas to Remember
  • October Kiss
  • Out of the Picture: A Shepherd Sisters Mystery
  • Christmas In Evergreen: Letters to Santa
Alexis Stanton is the pen name for an award-winning romance author who lives in Central California with her husband, a fellow romance author, and their two cats. She enjoys spending too much time on the internet, baking, and listening to music from the '80s.

Pseudonym for Eva Leigh