Start by marking “Prințul nemilos (Făpturile Văzduhului, #1)” as Want to Read:
Prințul nemilos (Făpturile Văzduhului, #1)

Prințul nemilos

(The Folk of the Air #1)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  61,023 ratings  ·  11,656 reviews
Bestseller New York Times, „Printul nemilos” deschide o noua serie fantasy „Fapturile Vazduhului” a celebrei autoare Holly Black.

„Fireste ca vreau sa fiu ca ei. Sunt frumosi ca niste sabii faurite intr-un foc divin. Vor trai vesnic. Iar Cardan e chiar mai frumos decat ceilalti. Pe el il urasc cel mai mult. il urasc atat de mult, incat uneori, cand ma uit la el, abia mai p
Published March 2018 by Storia Books (first published January 2nd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Prințul nemilos, please sign up.
Christina Unfortunately no! Book 1 officially releases on January 2nd, 2018. Book 2 is slated for sometime in 2019, and book 3 is slated for sometime in 2020.…moreUnfortunately no! Book 1 officially releases on January 2nd, 2018. Book 2 is slated for sometime in 2019, and book 3 is slated for sometime in 2020. I'd keep an eye on Holly's website as well as Little Brown for future pub dates. (less)
Jake Hill Rumour has it that The Darkest Part of the Forest is set in the same world as Holly Black's Faerie Tales series (Tithe, Valiant and Ironside) and that…moreRumour has it that The Darkest Part of the Forest is set in the same world as Holly Black's Faerie Tales series (Tithe, Valiant and Ironside) and that this world is going to be connected to both of those as well.
But you don't need to read the others to understand. Each story, to my understanding, is so very removed from the other that I don't think it actually impacts on the other two at all.
So if you are only interested in this, you don't have to worry. However, we do recommend the reading of all of Holly Black's faerie books as they are awe inspiring and so poetic and fantastical whilst maintaining the grit and mess that is reality. Actually anything by Holly is a safe bet in my opinion. I hope that answers your question at all. =)(less)

شيماء ✨
*tips mic* thank you for joining me this evening. this song is called: here's how I feel about this book. *screams for 12 continuous hours*

this book just killed me in the comfort of my own home. my feelings are owed so many apologies because I have been emotionally compromised by Holly Black and I just want to lie on the floor and not think for a month or two. I mean, honestly, why read this book when you can just get hit by a bus and get the same feeling???

Truly though, I wish I could get a tat
Melanie
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every Single One of You ♥

“He looks like a faerie lover stepped out of a ballad, the kind where no good comes to the girl who runs away with him.”

If you guys ever want to see what my true heart’s desires are on paper, read this book. This book is a piece of heaven that was sent from above, this book is the perfection incarnate, this book is nothing short of magical, this book easily makes my top five books of all-time list, and this book is without a doubt the best book I’ve read in 2017. I’m not sure how I’m even go
Emily May
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Emily May by: Tatiana
No matter how careful I am, eventually I'll make another misstep. I am weak. I am fragile. I am mortal.
I hate that most of all.

4 1/2 stars. Over the course of this year, I've read both books that I've liked and books I've disliked. I've read books that I've loved and, it's fair to say, books that are better written, more unique, and more groundbreaking than this book. That being said, however, I am struggling to recall a book that has left me this excited about a YA series in a very long time.
Marie Lu
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHAT IS THIS BEAUTY. Someone please revive me because I am dead from the awesomeness of this book.

If you want to read a masterpiece of character and story, look no further. The Cruel Prince showcases Holly Black at the top of her game: it is exquisitely dark and delightfully wicked, set in an intricate world of highlighted sensation--the taste of faerie fruit, the feel of rich, decaying fabrics, the smells of dangerous old chambers--and populated by a cast of characters that left me dying from f
Victoria Aveyard
I require book 2 immediately. Holly is the Faerie Queen.
Warda
Feb 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So, where to begin.
Hype as we know it, is quite futile. The buzz it ignites is amazing. They create this excitement within you that has your mind wandering to all of the possibilities and direction the book can go in.

Because of the hype, I assumed I would enjoy this book. I'm quite an easy-to-please reader, so usually when a book is hyped up, I tend to enjoy it. Or even if I don't, I will feel indifferent. But this book brought about a rage within me; I hated it with every fibre of my being.

Y
Lola
You know a story is good when, at night, before falling asleep, you eagerly replay the story in your mind, but this time with you as the main character living an exciting adventure full of intrigue, danger and romance.

It’s one of my preferred ways of falling in the arms of Morpheus.

What we have here is Holly Black’s best work if I dare say so myself. I am amazed with this author’s ability to paint scenes of faerie romance, glamour, deception and terror that make your heart pound and stop, poun
Emma Giordano
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Absolutely loved this read!! A wondrous fantasy novel that is easy to get invested in. So many great plot twists and high-intensity, suspenseful moments!

TW: murder, physical abuse, sexual abuse, suicide

Holly Black is truly the queen of creating exquisite worlds. Her interpretation of faeries is always so fascinating and glorious. It’s hard to fully capture what it is about her world-building that is so magical, but her books are always my favorite when it comes to faeries. I believe a part of it
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
"If I cannot be better than them, I will become so much worse."

I see why people call Holly Black 'Queen of the Faeries'. Hoooly wow. What a delightfully dark, twisty novel.

If you know anything about me, I'm all about the court politics & intrigue, villains & anti-heroes, and schemes within plots within schemes. This book had my name written ALL over it.

Okay so here's the basic rundown without giving away too much. Jude and Taryn are twins. Vivi is their older sister. It turns out, V
❄️Nani❄️
384 pages. ZERO SUBSTANCE.

Unless you call pages littered with problematic shit... substance.

I don’t get it. I just don’t fucking get it.

Before: This book is my 1st experience with Holly Black. It’ll either make or break our future relationship.

After: Any plans for a potential future relationship is hereby terminated. Over. Done with. Null and void. Cancelled... you get the point.

when you go into a book expecting gold and it ends up being your worst read of the year. In January…

Oh, the rag
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
Sorry folks, I don't get it.

2.5? Maybe...

Unmemorable. Another YA fantasy with fairies and humans, clichés and cringe romance similar to all the other fantasy/dystopian books that have been coming out. I don't understand the hype because there was nothing I found good in here. There wasn't anything horrible either which leaves me with a "meh" review.

Won't continue the series. Don't recommend it.
Elise (TheBookishActress)
If I cannot be better than them, I will be so much worse.

The Cruel Prince has just about what you'd expect from Black: court intrigue, an atmosphere of terror, vaguely dark romance, and a main character who is a terrible person. Plus some interesting dynamics and setup for an even better sequel. Needless to say, I found it delightful.

I think Black's tendency is to start a story with a badass opening, then spend 200 pages on slow buildup. At first I thought it was just because this is a series
C.G. Drews
I CAN'T GET OVER HOW FREAKING BLOODILY FANTASTIC THIS WAS. I WAS GOING TO BE CHILL ABOUT THE WHOLE THING MY LMAO NO. THIS BOOK IS STABBY AND MARVELLOUS AND I WANT 9 MORE.

I'm actually reeling okay?! Holly Black has been a favourite of mine for years and I was craving more murderous dark faerie books. This is not about Tinkerbell. This is about the monsters in the woods and enchantments and torture and massacres and conniving. This book is, most definitely, about cruel wit. And I absolutely love i
Miranda Reads
Stunning modern fairy tale a la Holly Black.
If I cannot be better than them, I will become so much worse.

description
Jude (and her twin, Taryn) are human but their older sister (Vivi) belonged to another world.

Their mother fled fairlyland when she was pregnant with Vivi and escaped to the human world. Their mother gave birth to the half-fairy Vivi, married and soon had Jude & Taryn.

But their little family could not stay hidden.

Madoc (her mother's ex husband) belongs to the fae and according to
Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
Well, despite marking this as "currently reading" (I put books there that I plan to read within the next week or two) I finally cracked this bad boy open today...and finished it in one three-hour siting.

So, if that's not an indication of something being a seriously above average read, I don't know what is.

description

Jude was a really edgy, imperfect, relatable character and I really liked her.

So often, I want characters to do something - maybe say something or do something I want them to do in a specific
Katerina
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads, fantasy, fae
Brace yourselves, folks, we're jumping on the hype wagon!

“If I cannot be better than them, I will become so much worse.”

First Stop: Elfhame
With all the raving reviews about The Cruel Prince, how could little ol' Katerina resist? The Hype (yes, Hype with a capital H because it's a being of its own that swallows the innocent and the weak) was a siren, luring me to dive into its dark waters, and, thankfully, I was not eaten alive. With a successful blend of modern world and faerie lore, Holl
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I already knew it was coming but here is my Fairyloot box =) Clink link below pic to see about the items!

FAIRYLOOT STUFF

OMG! Click on my link below the picture to see close-ups and my synopsis of the items =)

OWLCRATE STUFF

Holy sh*t balls! I love it =)

I love Jude! She's my new bad to the bone girl! She gets dragged away with her two sisters to Faerie by the man that killed her parents. Lives in Faerie most of her life. Is training to fight and can handle a sword very well. She wants to be a Kn
Kai
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, 2018
“I have lied and I have betrayed and I have triumphed.”

Um yes, I totally gave in to the hype and for once I am glad.

After reading The Darkest Part of the Forest, I developed a sudden thirst for more faerie stories and more Holly Black. The Cruel Prince was like a gift from heaven. By the way, if you have only read one of these two books, you might be interested in checking out the other. You might recognise a few characters.

This book is like paradise for fans of young adult fantasy. Naturally, I
Eryn (Literary Lady)
∿4.75/5∿

This was absolutely lovely and magical. Ya'll, the hype surrounding this book is all very real. Please do yourself a favor, sit down with a large cup of tea/coffee and READ THIS.

Where do I even begin? My mind is still reeling from all of the twists and turns! Holly Black really outdid herself with this one, you guys. She really did.

The characters were amazing. Not all of them were, but the ones that had to be, were brilliant. I mean, I love Holly Black for making Jude the way she was. As
Fables&Wren
I want to begin with saying that what probably killed this book for me was the hype. I was literally expecting the feels I got when I read A Court of Mist and Fury or Strange the Dreamer. Instead, I would have gotten the feels like when I read A Daughter of Smoke and Bone or Caraval: It was good, but like it wasn't astonishing or mind-blowing.

So, story begins with a Fae coming and murdering the parents of a pair a twins and their half-Fae older sister. After witnessing this tragedy, Jude and her
destiny ♎ [howling libraries]
#1 The Cruel Prince ★★★★★
#2 The Wicked King ★★★★★
#3 The Queen of Nothing ???

If I cannot be better than them, I will become so much worse.

It had been years since I’d picked up a Holly Black book, but I loved her writing as a kid, so I was a little bit apprehensive about re-entering her little fae world. Believe me when I say, though, that this book was everything I wanted it to be and so much more. Her writing is impeccable, the lore is woven seamlessly through the tale, the characters are lovab
🦊 Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk

“Love is a noble cause. How can anything in the service of a noble cause be wrong?”

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
One day a stranger knocks at Jude’s home and kills her parents only to take her and her sisters to Faerie, a land of magical creatures, where they’re treated badly for being human.
The king of the land has many heirs, but only one stands out for Jude. Cardan, who hates her so badly that he makes her life a living hell. Until she fights back.
This book was so freaking addictive. I just couldn’t put it
emma
this book is...lame.

review to come!!!

---------------

buddy reading this with lily and may and we are definitely all thriving and having a good time. no rage or boredom involved at all

---------------

just received official word that i WILL be excommunicated from goodreads if i do not have this book on my shelves
Bibi
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's gratifying that my first read in 2018 is a five-star read which, fingers crossed, clearly portends a robust book-tiful year.

When a book opens with a double murder you wonder if the author did it for the shock value until that is, you realise this is actually a foreshadowing of grimmer twists to come. From the first and until the last page, The Cruel Prince had and held my attention. Black wrote a compelling coming of age story all wrapped in political and familial intrigue.

I can't wait fo
Samantha
3.5 stars / There were things I really liked about this book and other things that were misses for me. I definitely don't think this is the groundbreaking, earth shattering read that many are making it out to be, but I'm glad I read it and I think later books in the series will be stronger.

Full review and spoiler discussion to come on my channel :)
Natasha Polis
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was slow at first and built towards a really exciting conclusion. The main character made so many choices I didn't agree with, but that's what made it fun and a bit edgy. Don't fully understand the hype for this as my FEELS weren't ignited at all, but hoping the next one will have more feels inducing drama.
amy
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, buddy-read
The Cruel Prince, aka EVERYBODY SHUT UP THIS IS THE ONLY THING I'M GOING TO TALK ABOUT IN 2018!!!

description©

❥ first buddy read of the year with my loves, marami, jiabee and the grinch

i'm emotionally drained and physically exhausted from reading this book in the span of the last 24 hours so naturally it's the perfect time to sit down and try to put my feelings into words

Plot:
without wanting to give too much away, this book tells the story of a mortal girl named Jude who, along with her two siste
Jessica Edwards
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, favourites
5 STARS!!

Jude was only seven years old when her parents were tragically murdered. She and her two sisters were taken away to live in the treacherous High Court of Faerie.
Ten years later, Jude wants nothing more than to belong there, but many of the fey hate humans, especially one person in particular - the youngest and wickedest son of the High King, Prince Cardan.

This book for me was a page turner. Literally.
I still can't get over it...
This is probably my favourite book I've read in 2018 so
Cait • A Page with a View
Release date: January 2, 2018

I NEED THIS SEQUEL NOW omg. That just got better and better the entire way through!! I was hesitant at first when I heard this book blended fae elements into a modern setting (because y'all know how picky I get with that) but everything ended up working SO perfectly.

Jude and her two sisters have been raised in the faerie world by the man who murdered their parents (and fathered one of the sisters), soooo that's a wee bit of a complicated relationship. The modern worl
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
Holy crap!! That was AMAZING! Everything I hoped for and more.
  • Reign the Earth (The Elementae, #1)
  • The Invisible Life of Addie La Rue
  • Ice Wolves (Elementals, #1)
  • These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders, #1)
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
  • Wicked Like a Wildfire (Hibiscus Daughter, #1)
  • Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)
  • Given to the Sea (Given Duet, #1)
  • Odd & True
  • Lifel1k3 (Lifelike, #1)
  • Shimmer and Burn (Shimmer and Burn, #1)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
  • Fire and Heist
  • Warcross (Warcross, #1)
  • Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons, #1)
  • The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare, #1)
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • The Queens of Innis Lear
Holly Black is the author of bestselling contemporary fantasy books for kids and teens. Some of her titles include The Spiderwick Chronicles (with Tony DiTerlizzi), The Modern Faerie Tale series, the Curse Workers series, Doll Bones, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, the Magisterium series (with Cassandra Clare), The Darkest Part of the Forest, and her new series which begins with The Cruel Prince in ...more

The Folk of the Air (3 books)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
“If I cannot be better than them, I will become so much worse.” 418 likes
“Most of all, I hate you because I think of you. Often. It's disgusting, and I can't stop.” 353 likes