Start by marking “Whispers On The Wind” as Want to Read:
Whispers On The Wind

Whispers On The Wind

You didn’t stop him. He killed her.
Dire warnings from a voice only he can hear makes Sheriff Cooper Delaney doubt his sanity. When a body is found matching one from a recent nightmare, he believes he’s gone off the deep end. The dead do not talk to the living. Or do they? One body becomes two. Are there more?
Heart broken by betrayal, Dr. Samantha Fowler finds herself start
Published March 7th 2018 by Book Liftoff

To ask other readers questions about Whispers On The Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispers On The Wind

Maida
Dana Wayne is a new-to-me author, but based on Whispers on the Wind, I'll be reading more of her work from now on. She managed to infuse this book with the right blend of suspense, paranormal, romance, and humor.

I quite enjoyed this book. It's engaging with likable and relatable characters, plausible plotline, and swoon-worthy love story. I also like that although there are many secondary characters, they didn't detract from the leads and they demonstrate the reality of small town living. There'
Mike
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dana Wayne’s Whispers On The Wind will leave you satisfied, but ready for more. If you’ve ever lived in, passed through or wondered about life in a small Texas town, this is the book for you. This story captures some of the unique dynamics of small town life in Texas. It’s no wonder how I’m drawn to Texas stories written by Texans!

In this single story, Dana Wayne managed to combine some very original elements. We have two spirits/ghosts that only the two protagonists can hear, a Bed-and-Breakfas
Marlene
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
The main characters were so well written. I finished this book in one day. Sam and Coop were believable, each with their own set of quirks, wants and needs. I found them both entertaining and the dialog between them, witty and engaging. Jack the dog was a splendid touch since I'm partial to novels with animals causing mischief.
The author captured East TX small town locals and their surroundings very well in this novel. I could relate to many of the characters!

I dropped the rating to 4 stars due
Nicole Laverdure's Reviews
A real page-turner and so romantic!

Whispers On The Wind, written by Dana Wayne, kept my interest from the first page until the very end. The suspense, intrigue, and romance are all nicely blended together, to make it a real page-turner! Ms. Wayne had her words flowing and left me wanting more. She slowly built the suspense to keep me guessing 'who is the killer'? She even left clues to keep the mystery going to create a great page-turner filled with twists and turns.

It tells the story of Sam,
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
A dog and spirits...could this book get any better?  Why yes it can with well-developed characters and a murderer hiding in plain sight.

I was thrilled to be given the chance to review this book because the synopsis just pulled me into the story almost right off the bat.  Someone from the other side was talking to both Cooper and Sam.  In Coop's case, we are led to believe it is the victim (but which one?!).  For Sam, it is her Grandmother that is watching over her.  I felt like Cooper's ghost wa
Linda
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been a long time since I have enjoyed a book as much as I have this one.
I became invested in the story and the characters from the first three pages and my interest did not wane to the nail biting finish. Having experienced whispers I related even more to the story. Jack, Sam’s Dog was beautiful as was Sam and the Sheriff and his family. Delightful characters. As Dana Wayne is from Texas she has captured the characters and small town life with consummate ease.
I look forward to further boo
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

A romance with ghostly voices and a sinister serial killer, "Whispers on the Wind" is an excellent mix for a chilling read.

Read full review in the 2018 July Aug issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Nomi
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to the authour and Voracious Readers Only for sending me a complimentary copy of this. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Heather Osborne
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on behalf of Readers' Favorite

Whispers on the Wind by Dana Wayne is a romantic suspense novel that takes place a small town, where not much happens…until bodies start turning up. Sheriff Cooper Delany lives a relatively low-key life, despite his landlady trying to hook him up with every single girl that passes through her boarding house. It isn’t until Doctor Samantha Fowler shows up that the sparks begin to fly, however, Sam has a habit of uncovering bodies, but it’s not what it seems.
Kristine Hall
To use a favorite phrase of Sam Fowler, one of the main characters of Whispers on the Wind,
“Holy mother of pearl.”

“Holy mother of pearl,” is there a lot going on -- and a lot to love -- in Whispers on the Wind. There is small town Texas charm, but wow does this town struggle with what’s usually a big city problem: brutal murders, likely the work of a serial killer. If solving a murder mystery isn’t enough for you, then perhaps adding in the angle that law enforcement is being assisted by ghost
Ruthie Jones
Whispers on the Wind by Dana Wayne is a true romantic suspense, with a whirlwind romance between the two main characters that is both believable and touching and with a suspenseful plot that will leave you guessing until the very end.

Neither Dr. Samantha Fowler (Sam) nor Sheriff Cooper Delaney (Coop) are ready for romance, but that certainly doesn't stop the love bug from biting. They really never stood a chance when those sparks started flying from that first look. But their emotions toward eac
Christena
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Everything we have now is circumstantial. A half-way decent lawyer, and reasonable doubt is a given. We need something solid before we act.”
First, if any book has a dog in it and it survives – I love the book.

Second, if a book has ghosts or the hint of ghosts, then I will most likely be hooked.

Third, if a story has me shedding a few tears at the end – then it will get 5 stars or 5 paws given if Azrael, my dog, was with me at the end of reading the book.

A previously unknown author to me, Dana Wa
Kerry Henderson
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dr Sam Fowler is starting over in a new town when she discovers a body and is soon introduced to the local Sherrif. Theres no denying the attraction between them but neither is willing to do anything about it. Sam finds another body drawing her closer to the sherrif and a kindred spirit. Can they solve the murders and build a relationship without getting hurt?

This was a really good story. The romance was cute and the murder mystery added depth to the story. It took me a while to figure out who
Audrey Pool
Jun 02, 2019
Shauna
May 08, 2018
Lone Star Literary Life
Average rating 4.8 for the Lone Star Book Blog Tours team.
Beth
added it
Victoria
Darlene Owen
Sep 07, 2018
Multi-awarding winning author Dana Wayne is a sixth generation Texan and resides in the Piney Woods with her husband, a Calico cat, three children and four grandchildren.
She routinely speaks at book clubs, writers groups and other organizations and is frequent guest on numerous writing blogs.

A die-hard romantic, her stories are filled with strong women, second changes, and happily ever after.

“I’