Start by marking “Rough Edge (The Edge, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rough Edge (The Edge, #1)

Rough Edge

(The Edge #1)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  1,585 Ratings  ·  374 Reviews
From the author of the New York Times bestselling Marriage Games and Separation Games , a deeply intense and sexy new series.

Everything is going to be perfect.

Greyson comes home from deployment to live the life she and her husband Caden dreamed of. He has a surgical residency and she has a psychiatric practice in the basement of their Manhattan brownstone.

Everything is go
ebook, 1st Edition, 242 pages
Published May 22nd 2018 by Flip City Media Inc. (first published May 20th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Rough Edge, please sign up.
C.D. Reiss No. ARCs will only be available through Social Butterfly PR.

Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: ratula
"He wasn’t the man I’d married, but he was my husband."

GOOD GOD people!!! I don't even know where to start. This book was absolutely outstanding and had vintage C.D. Reiss feels. It was intense and raw and so gripping. I could not stop reading the minute I started. Greyson and Caden were fire! Their chemistry was combustible and the genuine love they have for each other was palpable. I could not get enough of this story!

Without giving away and spoilers this book opens where we are immersed int
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2! Rough Edge, book 1 of 4. A marriage explored with rough sex until deeper & darker sexual proclivities are exposed threatening everything!

“His hands were instruments of brutal precision, and his cock was a means of punishment.”

Books in The Edge series should be read in order:
Book 0.5: Cutting Edge
Book 1: Rough Edge
Book 2: On the Edge
Book 3: Broken Edge
Book 4: Over the Edge

“Collar open to the edges of the hair on his chest. Thick watch setting the boundary for the precision o
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
Have some wine and a fan handy because the ride you are about to take is one hot mindfuck of a rollercoaster.
Excerpt:

"Don't flinch." He tapped the loop of the belt in his palm, looking between my legs. My breath picked up, getting shallower and faster. [...]

He slapped the inside of my thigh with the leather, and I flinched before it struck, then gritted my teeth from the raw sting, twisting with my knees together.

"Open your legs." He pulled them apart. "What are you afraid of?"

Spoiler fre
Michelle
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
This. Book. Was. Everything.

Layered, intense, intimate and all sorts of mind fuckery.

Depth.
RE 2 copy

And scorching heat.
RE 1 copy

Holy shit. CD Reiss kicks off The Edge series with book one and it is an explosive installment. We meet our main characters Greyson and her husband, Caden The story kicks off with Greyson’s return home and to civilian life. Having met during their time in the military, their life is about to begin without deployments and sand keeping them at a distance.

And that’s all you’re going to
Jean
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SWEET BABY JESUS. I can't wait for you to be as stunned and breathless as I am right now. It's going to take me a bit to compose my thoughts about this epic, brilliant bit of mind fuckery. In the mean time, I leave you with this hot AF excerpt, courtesy of the Queen:

EXCERPT

I spun her and grabbed her from behind, pressing my erection against her. I hooked my fingers in her underwear and snapped it. She got them down to her knees with me still holding her against me, and I wedged my hand between h
C.D. Reiss
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
"𝑼𝒏𝒛𝒊𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝑰 𝒔𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒕."
You married a decent man.
A rock solid, arrogant war hero who knew exactly who he was and what he wanted. He wanted you, and you gave yourself to him.
You are his only desire--the only woman in his orbit--but the intensity of that desire is turning dangerous.
Love may be the death of both of you.
NY Times Bestselling author CD Reiss brings dark intensity to a couple so in love, they'll make the darkest of sacrifices to save each other.
------
Download your cop
Serena
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“You wanted me to touch you. I’m going to touch you. I’m going to touch every inch of you. Just me, my dick, my mouth, you, your mouth, your ass, your tits."
I don't even know what the hell to say. This book? It's stunning. Intense. Sexy. Dirty. Heart wrenching. Mind blowing. Your heart won't be ready for this book. Your mind won't be ready for this book. Your body, nope. It won't be ready either. JAYSUS.

Normally I say I devoured a book? This book DEVOURED me. Heart. Mind. Soul. I need more. G
SimplyƝì₭
I was so excited at the start of this book. C.D. was back and she was keeping it dark. Then I experienced the rough edge. She literally takes you to the edge of anticipation, love , angst and oaths. You will challenge what you believe love and understanding truly means when you marry someone. As a wife I could relate to Greyson. Deep down we all want to be everything our husbands want, need and desire. But her journey will just rock you. Out of your comfort zone and onto the Edge.

Mind so BLOWN.
Michelle Rodriguez
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a VERY early ARC from Ms. Reiss. Thank you Christine!

I am not going to give you much about book #1, yes I said book #1. Before you get your panties in a twist, if you have been living under a rock, this is a 4 book series. Each book will release three weeks apart. I don't want to read or hear any grumblings about cliffhangers. You've been warned and you all should be happy we're not waiting three months per book. Okay I feel so much better getting that out of my system.

Here's what I
Alessandra Torre
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I loved this book. But I love all of CD's novels, so that's no surprise. Twisted and sexy, this story grabbed me from the VERY FIRST WORD and never let me go. 6 STARS!
Brandi
Just one hot as hell excerpt to whet your appetite for the new series from CD Reiss:
"Would you be less afraid of hurting me if we tried to focus more on giving you control?"
He looked at my arm, his mouth twisted with consideration, as if he was holding his thoughts back.
"Well?" I asked.
"We could try it. But I'm warning you." He put an upraised finger between us. "You'd better be controllable, or we're going back to pain."

Rough Edge 1 photo rough edge 1.jpg
You need to prepare yourselves for this book.

The sex.
The couple.
The mi
Natalie The Biblioholic
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arc, bdsm, dark, dual-pov, military
This story is unlike anything else I’ve read before. Maybe there is a story like this out there. Maybe one that people love and have raved about. Maybe I’ll even come across it one day. But what I do know is that this book will always take precedent. It will always be my first and it will always remind me of why I’m in love with the writing of CD Reiss. And why I am so absolutely in love with the characters she has created for this series, Caden and Greyson.

So. Freaking. Hot!!

Caden and Greyson w
Nazanin
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, erotica-bdsm, dark
4.25" Major & Captain" Stars

Greyson and Caden met each other in a war zone and got married. Now that they’re not in the army anymore, she is MD with a psychiatric practice and he’s a surgeon. But since they’ve come back something’s wrong with Caden. Of course Greyson has some issues too, like having a problem with adjusting to civilian life but her husband’s issue is really serious. He thinks/feels that he's being watched, but just when he’s with Greyson. She is the target of the "Thing". Th
Eva LeNoir
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I. Am. Emotionally. Exhausted.
Eight hours. Eight straight hours from ten a.m to six p.m is what it took me to read this first installment in the Rough series.
It was like going back in time and falling in love with CD Reiss' writing all over again. This was classic Reiss. The teasing, the anticipation, the angst. The unconditional love. The inevitable suffering from that very love that holds our favorite characters together. All of it is within these very pages.
Every word and syllable, every vowe
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “Breathless” Stars

Rough Edge roughed me up completely. It took hold of me the only way that a CD Reiss book can do. It held me hostage, it captivated me, it took my breath away and it enamored my love of the dark and messed up recesses of sexuality.

Drs. Greyson Frazier and Caden St. John are doctors who are married and veterans. She is a psychiatrist and he, the heart surgeon. Both are beautiful, handsome, sexy and madly in love. But changes begin to happen and it their effects the dynamics of
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Shelves: arc-for-review

Fantastic and intense and I need MORE! I very much like CD Reiss going back to her dark roots....

CD Reiss has for a long time been one of my very favourite authors and the start of this series shows me exactly why. For me she is at her absolute heart stopping best when she gets down and dirty and delivers a dark and twisty romance and ROUGH EDGE is the beginning of exactly that. Oh, my goodness, I'm so very excited to read more. The series will comprise of four delicious novella length books wit
Mindy Lou's Book Review
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arc, bdsm, dark
Rough Edge follows a married couple, Caden and Greyson. They met while in active duty. There is a little bit of toggling between past and present but for the most part this book is focused on these two living as a married couple and civilians for the first time.

Caden is a heart surgeon and Greyson is starting her own psychiatric practice. She is focusing on helping vets dealing with PTSD. These two are madly in love and can't keep their hands off each other until suddenly Caden starts becoming
Susan
“You and me. We’re a miracle.”- Caden

To our everlasting delight, C.D. Reiss has penned the most inventive erotic epic with soul-stirring artistry of language and mind-boggling intrigue. This book will set mind body and soul on fire.

Two battle-tested US Army physicians discovered their love amidst the horror and trauma of a bloody protracted war. Greyson, the major and psychiatrist, who found her home in the Army was planning on being a “lifer”. Her plans changed when her captain husband, Caden,
Hulya Kara Yuksel
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: C.D. Reiss Fans, Dark, Erotic Romance
4 “Fasten your Seatbelts, It's going to be a Bumpy Night” Stars
* * * * 1/2 Spoiler Free- It's Live
For those who discovered C.D.Reiss through Songs of Submission, this new series will be of interest. If the Marriage/Separation Games was your introduction, this will call to you. This is the Reiss who puts what's on the page without hesitation or concern.

This is the fearless Reiss who tells us she "Did the Research... but I also make stuff up for a living". This is the Reiss we all love... free t
Malene
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: part-of-a-series, arc
Holy moly this was intense and filled with twists and turns. CD Reiss kept me on the edge of my seat leaving me questioning everything about Caden and Greyson. I enjoyed this couple and their dynamic. She’s a major and he’s a captain which was a cool surprise that she outranked him. Now that Greyson is home from war she’s working as a psychiatrist and Caden a heart surgeon. It takes time for her to get back to the civilian life and slowly things with Caden starts to change. That’s all I want to ...more
warhawke
Genre: Erotic Romance
Type: Book 1 of 4 from The Edge Series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Greyson Frazier grew up in a military family. As a psychiatrist, she thought she would be helping military personnel for years to come. But instead, she found love and sacrificed her service for the country and lived a quiet civillian life with her loving husband.

Caden St. John had everything he ever wanted. With an illustrious career as a heart surgeon and a wife he loved more than life, he lived a charme
Tianna✸loves books✸
What the f*ck did I just read???
So Caden and Greyson are a married couple. They both are from military background. Both love each other but Caden is not normal. He is stalked by this THING, which takes over him at times. He suddenly becomes a sadist who is obsessed with his wife. And it makes him do bodily harm to his wife while having sex.
Is it a Force? Entity? Ghost? Demon?
But this is not a paranormal romance....
(view spoiler)

Greyson rea
Am4u ❀ ~ AprilMarie4u ~ ❀

Rating:

4 Stars

Main Genres:

Contemporary Romance, BDSM

Brief Synopsis:

The story begins getting to know a newly married couple. They both are ex-military, doctors, and have high ambitions in life. However, problems start for the couple that begin affecting their marriage, and causing a rough edge to their sex life.

"He was a son of a bitch, a cold-hearted compartmentalizer with a heart of solid stone. His hands were instruments of brutal precision, and his cock was a means of punishment. He wasn’
TeriLyn
**Rough Edge generously provided by Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review.**

5 "You made this monster." Stars

This book, leaves you breathless and uncomfortable, and feels like vintage C.D. Reiss. Back to beginning when I fell in love with this authors uniquely stylized, intricate, thoughtful writing and bold, passionate story telling. The way she interlaces psychology and manipulation with brilliant fervor throughout the pages of her stories. Rough Edge holds all of that within it'
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
Well damn! That was erotic, hot AF, and all sorts of mind blowing.

Caden is an enigma. A generous and compassionate husband on one end of the spectrum and a demanding, take charge alpha on the other. I had no idea what to expect since I went in blind, but holy wow did I get more than I bargained for.

Here's what I loved: It's the CD Reiss that I love! Dark and edgy. The book pushes past normal conventions of romance. If you're looking for sweet, this isn't it. I love flirting with the edge. Seein
Coco.V
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars! C.D. Reiss is a masterful storyteller. She takes me on an intoxicating journey that refuses to let go...
CC
4.5 Stars!

After serving fourteen years in the army, Greyson Frazier is a psychiatrist acclimating to private practice and a new marriage. With a competitive streak, Greyson pushes limits within the confines of a structured environment but she slowly realizes the boundaries have changed.

“There’s so much we’re going to do together.” He kissed my neck. “We’re going to build an entire life out of a war.”

Caden St. John is a heart surgeon who volunteered his time to mend injured soldiers. Having a c
Sara
WAUW!! THIS BOOK!!! WAUW!!!!

This was...wauw...I'm lacking words. This book isn't at all about what I thought it would be and for once that's actually a good thing.

It's hard to say to much about this book without giving too much away and it really should be experienced without knowing too much.

So I'll talk about something else: the writing. Last time I read a book by this author I was drooling over the writing. And of course I am again. In fact I'm drooling so much my pillow is getting wet bene
Lady Heather

photo available now.jpg

"5 - How much would you be willing to take before you break Stars!"

This book ...
I loved it.
I hated it.
I couldn't put it down.

This book just goes to show how talented an author C.D. Reiss is when she can invoke so many emotions that leave you drained, elated, aroused and shattered all at the same time.

I can't wait to read more of Caden and Greyson story!

New York Times Bestseller CD Reiss goes back to her roots with a dark, intense tale that breaks boundaries and shatters expectations in Rough Ed
Some Like It Hot!: ʜȯƗƗie ϻember-ϻeet~ CD Reiss 16 45 Jun 23, 2018 02:31PM
C.D.'s Canaries: Rough Edge BR 05/21/18 96 75 Jun 09, 2018 11:32PM
CD Reiss is a New York Times bestselling author. She still has to chop wood and carry water, which was buried in the fine print. Her lawyer is working it out with God but in the meantime, if you call and she doesn't pick up she's at the well hauling buckets.

Born in New York City, she moved to Hollywood, California to get her master's degree in screenwriting from USC. In case you want to know, that

The Edge (4 books)
  • On the Edge (The Edge, #2)
  • Broken Edge (The Edge, #3)
  • Over the Edge (The Edge, #4)
“Why did you become a psychiatrist?” I asked. “Because it’s easy to fix the body. The mind though? Once that’s broken, it’s hard to set right again, but if you do help someone set it back, they can overcome anything.” 3 likes
“Was this what it was to love someone? To have that wall of detachment crumble and be rebuilt into a bridge? I thought so. I swore it to myself because after those hours, we were so real together no one had to ask what was going on. Caden and I were an incurable condition. Dispassion had a place in our lives, but not with each other.” 0 likes