Start by marking “Fifteen Years Delayed: Delayed Book 1” as Want to Read:
Fifteen Years Delayed: Delayed Book 1

Fifteen Years Delayed: Delayed Book 1

Fifteen Years Delayed is a love story. James Broadnax is sentenced to twenty-five years at age twenty-two, leaving behind his first love, Crea Flournoy. For fifteen years there are no visits or communication, twelve years of James being incarcerated and three years living in another city...

If you need lots of drama and angst, this isn’t for you. Fifteen Years Delayed is a
Published April 6th 2018 by Honorable MENCHAN Media

To ask other readers questions about Fifteen Years Delayed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fifteen Years Delayed

Nia Forrester
What I like most about this author’s work is its unvarnished realism. In this one, the main character Crea runs into her first (and only) love James unexpectedly after he’s served 15 years in prison. When he was convicted, Crea dropped out of his life, and didn’t contact him at all while he was incarcerated, choosing instead to build a life for herself. That decision, though understood by James, was not accepted by his sister Janice, who despite James’ resolve to have Crea back in his life, refu ...more
Jazmen
May 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: just-no
If your romance relies on the throes of passion, and its depth is in the amount of times the characters can have meaningless sex, it's not romance at all. It's erotica with a story line.

James was sentenced to 25 years at the ripe age of 22, leaving behind his one true love, Crea.

Now they're all grown up, and it's fifteen years later.

Crea is a principal at a school. She's educated and has her stuff together.

James has also pursued education in his absence, and currently helps his sister run their
Connie
Loved it! When James, the love of her life, was locked up for 25 years, 19 year old Crea made a hard decision to walk away and pursue her career. And of course, friends, family and colleagues all had something to say. But as Miss Angelia stated," Opinion is often jealousy dressed up in judgment." So when James is released 13 years earlier, it should totally be up to James and Crea whether they want to spend the rest of their lives together or apart. Great story!
Barbara Williams
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

This book was everything! I loved the storyline as well as the rich and diverse characters. Ms. Angelia always delivers on the plot and romance.

Barbara Joe Williams, author of Forgive Us This Day
Sharonda Isadora
I'm going to keep saying this. I understand we dip into books to escape reality but if you are going to write a contemporary romance, I'm going to need for your stories to make some type of sense.

Fifteen Years Delayed read like someone had bits and pieces of a story sitting around, then decided
to throw said pieces together in some kind of random sloppy soup.

The story itself was completely un-damn-believable. The characters? Chile...bye. How do you manage to make professionals so un-profession
Nicole
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Black 🖤 Love

I enjoyed this story! More so than Crea and James, I loved the way the relationship between Janice and Crea evolved over time.

It was like a story within a story. I loved that bond and that history was shared in order to understand each other's perspectives. James was so smart not to get in the way of that.

Great read with great lessons.
Christine Pauls
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very beautiful and peaceful story. I adored James, Crea and there journey. I enjoyed this book!
K. Davis
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quick read, love flowing right out of the pages.

I loved this couple's story - a younger Cinnamon and Malcolm Black. Two driven characters separated by fate but joined at the heart after 15 years. As the saying goes - love conquers all. I am looking forward to a sequel.
L.S. Bergman
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet second chances love story, a story of 'lovers-with-a-history' reunited after no minor bump in the road, the story of the beautiful Crea Flournay and her first-love James Broadnax, who has unexpectedly re-entered her life having served twelve years in prison for money-laundering.

Having taken the rap for forces greater than himself, James ended-up losing the love of his life in the process. A high price to pay for being locked-up, something he is now determined to rectify.

Crea, y
Lily Java
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Crea and James like all of Ms. Menchan's characters are amazingly authentic. It is inherent in each of the main character's here to see both the yin and yang of life: good and bad, sweet and spicy, hard and soft, or smart and foolish. Their flawed but redeeming humanity makes you feel like you know them already or could meet them someday for real but no matter what it makes you wish them the best kind of life.

What I like most about this couple though is how honest they are with each other from
Korei Mullins
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Menchan Always Delivers

I can't say that I was surprised by how much I liked this book because the author always delivers a compelling story with compelling issues and this book was no different but the chemistry of the characters had me reading this book in one sitting. I loved that James had a checkered past and that Crea 'seemingly' had so much to lose by associating with him--but the uptight educator was unapologetic in her love for James and he was unwavering in his love/determination fo
deb
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fifteen Years Delayed

What can I say about this book? Angelia Vernon Menchan writes stories that are relatable and healing. I call her stories life stories. The characters are not perfect, but are flawed, lovable, likable, and sometimes downright hateful; but that is life. I love the way that Janice stepped in and used natural medicine to help Crea during her pregnancy. I liked the honest and open conversation James had with Crea about Janice. Would it be amazing if we could all be honest and ope
Vondetta Carter
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when you have been an over achiever all of your life? What do you do when you see the only man you have loved after 15 years?
What do you do when you have to face a situation from your past unresolved?
Inside the pages of this book, these questions are answered. Inside these pages is pain, love and joy for two people who are destined to love as long as the other has breath. Inside these pages are strength and endurance given a chance to prove the people who have their own agendas wr
Tera L. Kirksey
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fifteen Years Delayed

Crea and James fifteen years apart was a long time but perfect maturing time for a true soul mate type of love. It came naturally but not without some ups and down.
My favorite part was the sisterhood bond that formed with Crea and Janice. It was a enemy to friend relationship but it was freaking awesome.
This was story of love from two different sides of the fence that blossomed into a testament of Black love.
I loved the storyline and can’t wait to read the rest of the serie
Tanisha Stewart
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought the relationship between James and Crea was cute, and I loved how the author integrated various stereotypes that are often believed about people on the “wrong” side of the tracks, versus those who had a “good” upbringing. I also appreciated that the author created multidimensional characters, which allowed the reader to understand the motives behind each person’s actions. I did feel like the story dragged in a few places, but overall, great storyline, and powerful concepts explored.
Cheryl Herrera
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As teenage lovers they thought they would be together as adults but James goes to jail for 25 years and Crea moves on with her life. After 15 years James is released and still loves Crea and she still loves him but they were stubborn. They went through life changed and found their love still existed for one another,
Robyn
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading anything by Ms. Menchan and I thoroughly enjoyed it. What I liked most about this story was the maturity and sincerity of both the hero and heroine. They treated each other with honesty and respect; they didn't play games like many couples. I loved how James "claimed" his woman and treated his sister. Kudos to the author...great story.
Cassandra Baker-Durham
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this author writing because they make me think about things from a different perspective. I love James and Crea's story because it was an adult story about love and two people who weren't into playing games and telling lies. Thier no-nonsense approach to their relationship made this book refreshing. Go check it out for yourself.
Carolyn J.
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really good

Fifteen years delayed was simply amazing. Having a second chance to be together was well worth the wait for this couple. I liked the feelings of joy I felt from their relationship. It was believable.
Thresa Nelson
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mature, wonderful sexy intense book

Thumbs up with three couples featured
During this emotionally intense storyline. Don't miss this experience for your next read. You won't regret it

Lashawone Powell
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love knows no bounds

Years after being separated from her lover, Crea runs into him by chance. Will the passion they shared be rejuvenated or has too much time passed. I enjoyed this story there are tests and triumphs in love and life and James and Crea are up to the challenge
Elane Manning
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A good romance

I enjoyed this story very much. I loved james and crea together they were so in love With each other I'm glad Janice ended up liking crea and her mom and dad got back together. Loved it
ifetayo karamoko
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very sexy and realistic! Enjoyed every chapter.

I gave this read five stars because I continued to look forward to reading it every chance I got! My sister would enjoy reading this book.
Tiffany Anderson
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read. Couldn't put it down

It was realistic and relatable. Love happens when you least expected it but so does Fate.. I can't wait for book 2
Reader's Paradise
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding read filled with characters Rich with humor and sass. A quick read that invites you to want book 2 Janice story. Great job full review on Amazon
LATONYA WILSON
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Excellent

This book was awesome. It was honest. They shared their truths, open and honest about everything. Read and enjoy. Great book
Venessia
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beautiful romance story!!!!!!

Check out my review here:

Jackie Roberts
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Together Again

Crea and James had a fifteen year delay in their relationship. This allowed them to grow and mature. Although they were from socially different backgrounds, the one thing that remained constant in their relationship was...love.

In Fifteen Years Delayed, Angelia Vernon Mencken writes about forgiveness, love and acceptance. Can’t wait to read Janice’s book next. Another amazing read.
KhadijaUK