Start by marking “Daisies & Devin” as Want to Read:

Daisies & Devin

Every story has a hero.
Devin O'Leary was mine.

Everybody has a dream,
And mine could take me far.
Just me, and my voice,
A stage, and this guitar.
With patience and some luck,
I could see me, standing there.
But, that was before I met her-
The girl with the purple hair.

Enchanted by her beauty,
By her soul, and then, her eyes.
I saw the broken girl within,
And my dream became her l
Published August 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Daisies & Devin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daisies & Devin

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
When I first read the blurb for Daisies and Devin, I thought it would be a gritty, sad rock star romance full of angst. I was mostly wrong in that assumption. There is a bit of angst, but from the moment you meet Devin and Kylie, you know they are meant to be. Don't get me wrong, during their journey, there's also some sadness, but what comes through most is a feeling of hope and the strength of the love they have for one another.

photo tumblr_lps0hsL0BH1qgtn0oo1_500_zpscjp6vunc.gif

Devin rescues Kylie from a pushy guy at a party, and thus, begins
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
DO NOT READ MY REVIEW IF YOU'RE AFRAID OF EVEN THE TINIEST OF SPOILERS! I'm not really spoiling anything ... but you've been warned. ☺

description

The book starts in 2006. Kylie is in her last year of college. Her dream - hers and her dad's - has always been to open a Café with amazing drinks and poetry readings and singer/songwriters serenading the guests. But her dad is also her biggest problem. He's a drug addict and he just can't stay clean. Kylie and her mom have sent him to rehab so often but it never
Love2ReadRomance
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh Devin! Daisies & Devin is an amazing read that drew me in right away. I absolutely love Kylie and Devin’s story and could not put this book down because I had to find out what was going to happen to them. I can’t wait to read more books from Kelsey Kingsley.
Dilek VT
Nov 09, 2018 marked it as nope
Another friends to lovers story. They stay friends for so many years while dating others although they have feelings for each other. I decided this is a trope I don't like.
Dana
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever sat and asked yourself: why do I like to read?

I can easily answer that question: because of authors like Ms. Kingsley. She is able to take two dimensional characters and give them life, give them purpose and give the reader all the emotions.

Daisies & Devin gave all that to me and more. Happenstance brought Kylie and Devin together to form a bond that transcended years of various “relationships”, life changes, heartache and sorrow to come out of the other side to find a life t
Paulette
Shelves: tbr
Did you ever start a book and know immediately you were going to love the story? This book was that for me. The prologue captured my heart and I knew this was not going to be an easy read. Don’t get me wrong it’s not mind boggling or difficult to figure out what’s happening. I just knew this is going to pull at all my heartstrings. I was right it did. It dealt with some very real and current problems.
Usually in a story the hero or heroine meets their soulmate and at least one of them immediately
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5 / 5 stars

First of all I would just like to say that this is Kelsey Kingsley's best book to date. I loved the Kinney brothers but Devin wow he just blew them all out of the park! This book was insanely amazing, honestly a friends to lovers romance that I could read over and over again and never get tired of.

It had a lot of my favorite things in it, to name some: musician, a beautiful meaningful friendship, slow burn, all the angst and just two amazing main characters... the side charact
Emma Mills
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've always said rock star romance is my kryptonite within the romance genre- a nice easy read, troubled rock star falls for groupie type book, but this is not your average rock star romance. It's so much more. I'm pretty hard hearted when it comes to books. It takes a lot for a writer to elicit an emotional response from me. I NEVER cry at books. Until Devin!
Daisies and Devin literally ripped my heart out of my chest, tore it into a million pieces, scattered those pieces across the world, then
Nance
So far the best book of 2019 for me! Sure it’s a long book that takes place over fifteen years, but I read it in almost a day. So hard to put down! And, what a love story! Devin O’Leary! Such an amazing hero! 6’5” of YUM! Such a patient and charming guy! And, Kylie wasn’t so bad neither with her purple hair and her ambition to open a cafe’ someday. She comes from a loving family. It’s the drug abuse with her dad that has her holding back from letting Devin in. And, Devin is one talented guy with ...more
Debbie
Shelves: books-read-2018
Chele'
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just finished a story that is not only a top read for me this year but these characters have cemented themselves into my heart. I have NEVER fallen for a character so quickly, 5% in and Devin already had me.

I've just finished and my emotions are in my throat. You could call this a coming of age story, a second chance romance, a rockstar romance but really it's all of those things and at the same time none of those things. What it is, is an extremely EPIC story of love, addiction, dreams, timi
Kelsey
Jan 14, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
GRAB DAISIES & DEVIN NOW!

Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-arc-reads
There are certain books that you know you are just going to love from the first page....and I mean the page before the first page. This book is one of those. This is Kelsey Kingsley's best book to date - and I knew it would be once I read her Note from the Author. She writes with such emotion and realness - her passion for her stories and characters is so apparent that you can't help but immerse yourself in their stories. This book went even deeper though. She created characters who were so raw ...more
Brittany&Elizabeth's BookBoutique
"The one. The one that would change my life, the one who would need me to change hers."

Wow- I don't even know what to write. I have tried to write this review so many times, but it has taken me a while to get all of my thoughts in order. But holy wow.

This is so much more than just a book. It's a whole life span. It's a story- it's the reason I love reading long books. Kelsey has managed to string every emotion out of me- happiness and smiles, tears, anger, scared, and heartfelt joy.. I was re
Angela's Book Addiction
Daisies & Devin by Kelsey Kingsley is a sweet, slow-burn, friends to lovers, contemporary romance told in dual POV with loveable and well-developed characters.

Kylie and Devin meet at a party when he steps in and rescues her from a guy who won't leave her alone. They connect right away and have an immediate attraction, but due to certain circumstances, Kylie isn't looking for anything more than friendship. Due to being friend-zoned from day one, Devin ends up becoming her best friend.

The st
Zilpha Owens
4.5 Spackle-stained Armor Stars

This is my first Kelsey Kingsley read and while it wasn’t always an easy ride, it was one I happily went on. With a delightful blend of friends to lovers, rock star romance and second chances, Daisies & Devin has it in spades. The emotional ups and downs tore at my heart. But the bright parts made that same heart happy and full. This story gave me all the feels. Kylie James and Devin O’Leary are meant to be. Communication is key and they don’t have it at times.
Omg.kacie.reads
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! This is my first book by this author. She had me instantly hooked. I was emotionally invested in Kylie and Devin from the moment they met. And to watch there relationship over the years. Best friends but always wanting more. We’ve all been there. Don’t want to push the other person away because your not sure how they feel. But you still want them in your life so you just sort of suffer. It was heartbreaking at times. You just wanted to scream at them at times. Than yo ...more
Thuy Taylor
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gahhh !!! This book. This is my favorite Kelsey book to date. She wrote this book with so much depth, feeling, and you could tell the writer had such a connection to this book.

Devin and Kylie meet when he rescues her at a party from an annoying persistent guy. They become best of friends. Through everything, good, bad everything, they’re there for each other.

Years go by, Devin keeps his love for her deep down. They date other people and endure each other's dating choices, but when they finally
I lack the words to properly describe how amazing this book is. It's a must-read. Without question, it will be on my top 10 of 2018.

Truly, I'm struggling to compose proper sentences that stand a chance at convincing you to read it.
This book gave me feelings like the heart-twisting ache I feel every time I watch John Cusack's character stand in the rain and hold the radio above his head in "Say Anything," the life-affirming love and loss of the first 15 minutes of "Up," and the heart-soaring hop
Kelly Green
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
🥰 Devin is so freaking awesome! This book had me in knots almost the whole time!!! Dealing with family members that suffer from addiction can really do a number on someone. And losing someone to that addiction can rip you to pieces. Devin was there for Kylie. Neither of them wanted to "ruin" what they had... Why everyone thinks love with ruin a friendship is crazy to me. From the beginning you see how perfect they are for each other. Watching them get to the place where they both realize what th ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
At first I thought this was going to be a book about two people who just lust after one another throughout the whole story. But I was pleasantly surprised that it was much more than that. Devin is an artist with a kind soul who loves with everything within him. Kylie is focused on her goals in life but is hesitant to trust people and open up. By the end of the book it seemed I had permanent goosebumps! I definitely recommend this book, especially if you are a music or poetry lover. There is a he ...more
Nicole Chu
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read all of Kelsey’s books but this by far is her masterpiece. This book started and ended with a complete circle for Devin and Kylie. I went through so many emotions throughout the book which made me love it more. I was dreading if something was going to come along and knock those two apart.
I loved seeing how their relationship changed over the years. How they grew and with them their dream grew as well. Gosh I am typing this with tears in my eyes because the ending just touched my hear
Karen
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Taylor Delong
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it

I enjoyed this one. It’s definitely a different read from Kingsley, but she does it well. I loved Devin’s character; his love for Kylie truly shines throughout the entire story, even when they were just friends.

This book has all the feels: I laughed and definitely got choked up while reading. There were many things that brought a smile to my face, especially some of well-written lines delivered by both characters as well as just in their heads.
Tiara Giles
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
First of all, this book got me back into reading. I had looked at multiple books, multiple first pages and just didn't have the energy or the mindset to read but the second I got the arc of this book, I knew it would get me out of my slump.

This book was a sweet read. It was really long at some points, but I always wanted to know what else would happen. Thanking Kelsey for bringing me out of my slump!
Andrea
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kelsey did an outstanding job writing this story. The amount of heart, friendship, understanding, desire, compassion, and soul-shattering love contained within this story is almost too much to bear. BE PREPARED to feel what these characters feel, to understand them on a personal level, and to root for them like you have never rooted for another couple before! Devin's ability and desire to ease Kylie's pain and to protect her, to make her happy is almost tangible. There is no doubt that he loves ...more
Tracie Payne
DNF at 23%. Not really diggin Kylie, too many time skips, 9 years already and still just friends? Sorry but no. Just not in the mood for unrequited, no communication, slow burn love.
Stella Thompson
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Unrequited Love!

Since the first day Devin met Kylie, he was in love with her. Unfortunately, 9 years later, he still loves her and she still keeps Devin in the friendship zone. But Devin realizes that their friendship is too important to risk. What he doesn’t know, is Kylie feels exactly the same way!

In the 9 year span since the beginning of their “friendship”, Devin does everything for Kylie, including ensuring Kylie’s dreams come true while putting his own on a back burner. And during all thi
LisaReadsAlot
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m just going to start by saying, THIS was by far my most favorite read by Kelsey Kingsley. Talk about all of the feelings, like every-single-one-of-them. Daisies & Devin took me took me on a journey of love, loss, forgiveness, music & lyrics, poetry, some tears, and lots and lots of daisies. And you know what? I loved every minute of it.
D&D is a book I just made room for in my heart, and I plan to keep it there for a very long time.

5 ‘Black & Brewery’ stars!
Candyce Kirk
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To start off I just have to talk about how amazing this cover is. That's one thing I love about this author, her covers are so unique. After reading Daises & Devin this cover fits the book even better. At the beginning of the book we meet Kylie. Her dream is to open up her own diner (not sure if that's the right word for it, haha). Kylie's father shares her dream and she hopes to start when she graduates.

Devin hasn't gone to college and works for his father's constructions company. He is hap
  • Roamer (Nomad, #3)
  • The Keys to Jericho
  • Captain Rourke
  • A Right to Remain
  • Easy Little Lick
  • FU Cancer
  • Impressions of You (The Impressions Duet, book 1)
  • His Heart
  • Love and Other Games (A Very Sexy Short Story Collection)
  • Unveiling Chaos (Unveiling #2)
  • Pretty;
  • Counting Stars (Donnelley Brothers Book One)
  • Unbelievable (Beg For It, #4)
  • Loving David
  • Trusting Gibson (Last Score, #2)
  • Blur (Changing Colors, #2)
  • City Beautiful
  • Sex Sessions: Uncut (Camera Tales #1)
When I was a wee lassie, I was told by my preschool teachers that I was a natural at storytelling. When I was just a little older than that, an old friend's mother said to me, "Kelsey, one day your books are going to be on the shelves at the library."

Well, Diane, I don't know if my books are ever going to be on the shelves of libraries, but I'm sure as hell going to try.

When I'm not writing stor