Start by marking “Blood of Fire” as Want to Read:
Blood of Fire

Blood of Fire

Seventeen-year-old Valieri Fiero must flee for her life when her peaceful farming village is destroyed by the City, her clan's powerful yet mysterious rulers. Haunted by the deaths of her parents and her older sister's disappearance, Valieri must learn to survive on her own when she is captured by the Grakkir, a forest-dwelling Warrior race with rumored abilities to contro ...more
Published January 9th 2018 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Blood of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood of Fire

Start your review of Blood of Fire
Joseph Benedict
A good first entry to the series, but I felt like the story ended too soon. It felt like the first two acts of something larger instead of its own entity and it suffered for it.

That being said, York does a fantastic job with characterization, and I'm looking forward to the next entry.
Alicia LaFontaine
This book was absolutely captivating. You become more entranced with all the new details you find out about the Fiero, the Grakkir, and the City. You cannot help to care deeply for the characters, especially Saven, and the ending makes you anxious for the next book in this epic story.
Brittany
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Holy cow that was a fun ride! A very action packed, intense journey. I have lots of hope for the sequel to be even better!
Laurie • The Baking Bookworm
This is an impressive debut fantasy novel that will immediately engage readers with its well-paced plot, interesting array of characters and intense action scenes.

It's a good binge-worthy read that will immerse readers into York's fantasy world - a world that has enough similarities to our own to make new-to-fantasy readers not feel like they're totally out of their element, but gives ardent fantasy fans a little something new too. Readers will soon notice that the characters are different bunch
C.K. Miller
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Blood of Fire centers around a young woman named Valerie who is taken captive after her village is destroyed. I really enjoyed the way the author was able to make her human. She has flaws and dreams like anyone. The flashbacks that the author put throughout the book were placed perfectly – making it flow well with the story. I think that is sometimes hard to do.
Warning: if you really don’t like snakes, don’t read! I only say this because my sister is deathly afraid of snakes, and she would have
Robin
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just WOW

This book is everything a fantasy reader dreams of finding. A strong character development, an intriguing plot and a villain you all hate with every fiber of your being.

The world our MC lives in is a clash of new world technology versus old tradition. It is very compelling how the writer brings you into the fold of how a simple farm girl unveils her true self and finds her destined purpose after the tragedy befalls her clan. Be prepared readers as this story is truly heart wrenching to
Samantha R. Glas
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
An interesting, well-developed world. I can tell the author put a lot of love into crafting the world and its characters, which was refreshing. The main character is, without spoiling anything, different from everyone else, but it’s handled in a way that keeps her from becoming the overused “special one” trope. Would read again.
Marissa Gramoll
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love this book. Fast moving dystopian fantasy with a lot of fun magic and culture. Wise messages sprinkled throughout the scenes. This book hooks you and makes you want to read more. Lots of action and unexpected twists. Looking forward to the sequel.
Nancy
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Very enjoyable first effort by Ms. York. I look forward to reading the sequel(s).
Nikaya
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: castle-rogue
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't you love when you start reading a book and you CAN'T put it down?! BLOOD OF FIRE snatched me right in and never let go.

Marlow York's @marlowyork dystopian novel will have you burning through the pages while Valieri's secret burns through her veins.

This is definitely a page turner and you won't regret staying up to read it!
Hunter Mass
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marlow York's Blood of Fire is a sci-fi/fantasy novel that follows our protagonist Valieri Fiero as she recovers from an attack against her people, and as she discovers the ancient powers she possesses.

I enjoyed reading this book. There were some fantasy concepts that I thought were really cool, like the Animal Gods. There were questions posed in this book that I look forward to being answered in the sequel. I liked a bunch of the characters, and hope to see more of them.

I only had a couple iss
Jul 27, 2019
Komi
Jul 27, 2018
Marlow York
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indie-books
Ellen Morgan
Sep 22, 2018
Taliesin
Oct 01, 2018

• The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio: How My Mother Raised 10 Kids on 25 Words or Less
  • The Curious Heart of Ailsa Rae
  • Last Christmas in Paris: A Novel of World War I
  • Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #2)
  • A Thief In Farshore (The Farshore Chronicles, #1)
  • Asunder: A Vatan Chronicle (The King's Renegade #1)
  • Fragments of Light (The Spectrum of Magic, #1)
  • Lucifer's Daughter (Queen of the Damned, #1)
  • The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #1)
  • Dragon-Ridden (Dragon Ridden Chronicles, #1)
  • Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles, #1)
  • Wicked Games (Queen of the Damned, #2)
  • Carrying A Torch
  • Journey To Osm
  • Wedding Cake Crasher
  • Sentinel's Rise (The Watcher and the Sentinel #1)
  • Spindle Fire (Spindle Fire #1)
  • Under Twilight (Fearless Destiny, #3)
Marlow York was born in the Adirondack region of northern New York. She has always had an active imagination and began writing when she was only eight years-old. She earned a B.A. in creative writing at SUNY Potsdam, and has a technical certificate in culinary arts.

She has had poems and short stories published in a handful of small literary magazines. "Blood of Fire" is her debut novel.

Marlow mov