Start by marking “Evolved” as Want to Read:
Evolved

Evolved

In 2068, androids are an integrated part of human life. Big Brother no longer just watches from the shadows. It’s in every household.

Lloyd Salter has OCD issues with noise, mess, and he’s uncomfortable with human interaction. When his ex claimed the only thing perfect enough to live up to his standards was an android, Lloyd dismissed it. But two years later, after much sel
Published April 22nd 2018 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published April 21st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Evolved, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evolved

Start your review of Evolved
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Bear with me as I try to find the right words.

Extraordinary is inadequate.

So is amazing. And unique.

Evolved is more than a dystopian sci-fi novel set 50 years in the future. It's more than a novel about an android and a man falling in love. It's an exploration of what it means to be cognizant ... what it means to be human.

Lloyd never imagined the A-class android he ordered would be so much more than the sum of his mechanical parts. Shaun, designed to Lloyd's specifications, from his height to h
Shin Mon Thway
Reread: 8th September 2018

OMG! Rereading this book by listening it when the audio came out made me fall in love with our cheeky, witty and pluperfect Shaun all over again. 😁 I mean obviously, this is my second time loving this book and I knew how everything will turn out in the end but man, did I cry bucket loads of tears before the HEA. 😭 Joel Leslie did a very fine job narrating this story and I actually loved listening this more than reading the first time. It was sweet, heartwarming and real
☆ Todd
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it

I'll just come right out and say it. I was scared to read this book.

Well, more like a bit squicked out, because falling in love with a walking, talking FleshJack?

A story like that could've gone horribly wrong for my enjoyment factor.

Yet, it didn't.

Well, not much. The initial parts of the story DID actually make me cringe, because at that point, who was to say that those first "I need you to 'activate' my internal sensors" (WITH YOUR DICK) instances weren't simply entirely programming and no
Sophia Triad
Yes, I love science fiction romance
Yes, I love stories with androids and cyborgs
Yes, I love stories with pleasure bots
Yes, I love MM romance
Yes, I love smut

So
Yes, I loved this book

In terms of storyline, I have to admit the plot is not that original. A lonely guy (Lloyd) with OCD issues needs to find comfort with an android because he cannot stand human presence any more. He will definitely gets more than he thought he needed when his A-Class android starts to evolve.
Why does this thing happen?
D
Martin
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I am such a sucker for android stories!

NR Walker did a really great job with this one, although I could have survived with a little less sex and little more 'psychological' interaction with our hot robot Shaun.  After all, his brains is what made Shaun stand out, not his ability to deep throat, LOL.

Still, I really loved it.

University professor Lloyd Salter isn't good at dealing with people. His last boyfriend even told him to go fuck an android if he makes a big deal out of breathing noises or c
.Lili.

What can I say besides "READ IT" about Evolved by NR Walker? That it was beautiful, endearing, funny, quirky, sexy, amazing, different, and emotional. In case you can't tell- I loved it. Going in I didn't know what to expect, I mean I knew I would read it because it's NR, but I'll admit the whole "robot doll thing" had me cautious. While I was reading it, though, the story threw ALLLL my reservations out the window.

Some highlights:

-The plot was different. I've never read anything like it,
Jewel
4.5 Stars

"​You can call me Ishmael​"

Science fiction was my first love and I do still love to read a good sci-fi novel. Evolved was the perfect mix of science-fiction and a study of the human condition - what is it that makes us human? What sets us apart from other life forms -- artificial or biological? What would happen if we took technology too far? And who decides what all that is or means?

Lloyd Salter is a Professor of Philosophy at Melbourne University. He needs order and struc
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.25 Stars!

Really good, different read.

I wouldn't call it too sci-fi-y, but enough to make it interesting.

Relatively angst free. Some nice steam.

Overall a solid, enjoyable read.
Dia
4,25 stars

I didn't love this one from the start. I actually got invested into the story pretty hard. Maybe because I am not into paranormal stories.

The blurb gave me enough info to make me curious and I've seen enough movies using similar ideas. Man gets himself an android. He has the money so he gets his dream man, as an android. The eyes, the haid, the built, the bulge. But he actually gets more than he ever dreamed of.

The first half of the book was hard to digest. I just couldn't get to love
Lorraine Lesar
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DROIDPERFECTDELICIOUSNESS.
After reading this, I’ve elevated N.R.Walker from Storyteller, to Master Storyteller 😁. This not only hit every button, but I lit up like a Christmas Tree.
For me the predictability of this absolute gem, enhanced the reading.
Lloyd is a logical person, his logic was telling him that his dream of Shawn returning his love was quixotic, but Shawn was so special, so unique, he proved him wrong *sighs*.
Now I’m no expert on evolution (I leave that to the likes of Darwin) but I
Meags
3.5 Stars

I love sci-fi stories, but I have a bit of an aversion to ones heavily featuring artificial intelligence. For this reason alone I was a bit apprehensive about reading Evolved, but thanks to the many glowing reviews from my GR friends, I decided to brave the waters and give it a go.

Unsurprisingly, Walker sold me on this particular story, due in great part to her easy and accessible writing. I was also won over by the remarkable futuristic/sci-fi plot she weaved, and through the truly mem
Christelle
My first reaction : a new MM romance from NR Walker, yeah !!!, click it is because this author is one of my favorite.
My second reaction : OK, as much as I’m a fan of NR Walker, I look for romance, so a romance with an androïd ??? **scratching my head**.

So, willing to try, but quite sceptical, I started reading and tbh, the first few chapters made me fear the worst. Granted, it was fun reading about Lloyd, the human one, with high standards when it comes to noise and order but lonely, collecting
Susan
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it

Who knew I had such an android kink? Who knew that having an android partner made to literally fit you, would be such a turn on? Well, I didn't. But OMG, this book was super HOT!

This book was incredibly sexy, but it wasn’t all sex. (Although I do have to say that the sex scenes were plentiful!) But it was sweet too. Sweet, sexy, and romantic.

I loved how this book was almost entirely relationship focused. There were not a lot of side characters and the two mostly stayed in, so there wer
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

This is my takeaway regarding this story.

Was this super sugary sweet and sappy? Sure.

Was it a bit uncomfortable regarding the AI aspect, an entity solely designed 100% for the MC’s pleasure? Yep.

I admit I kinda balked, I kinda squirmed. However, not only was this a romance, but this also shined through as a meditation on what it means to be human, and I was bowled over by the well thought out and seemingly well researched topic.

So in and amongst the love story where there is an absolute
Barbara➰
After his ex-boyfriend tells him he’ll only ever be happy with an android, Lloyd decides he’s right. So, two years later, he’s picked out his perfect companion…hair, eyes, build, intellect. The one who should complete him, stimulate his mind and body. Problem is, Shaun, the Synthetic Human Android UNit, begins to become aware. He evolves.
”Learn, adapt, and evolve.”
Oh boy NR Walker does it again. Sweet, romantic, heartbreaking…all wrapped up into one book. I loved Lloyd. He was a man
Fabi
@34% I'm calling it done. Please hold your rotten tomatoes. It truly is me and not the book.

I'm a huge sci-fi fan. Techno-thrillers, near future, speculative fiction, dystopian, you name it, I'm there. I'll even read sci fi romance on occasion.

I went into this story with assumptions that were all wrong. It may be a great story, but it's barely a nod towards sci-fi. Unfortunately, I couldn't shift my expectations enough to start enjoying the story for what it is. When the L word appeared I couldn
warhawke
Genre: M\M Romantic Sci-Fi
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Male
Rating:

Lloyd Salter was bound by a specific living condition that no human could met. After some deep thinking, he decided to get an all purpose android companion from the most advance model the company had to offer. What he got ended up much more than he ordered.

Shaun was built to Lloyd's exact specifications and needs from physical to intellectual aspect of his being. But soon enough he realized that Shaun was not an ordinary a
Danny Tyran
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hot little romance between a man and an android. The evolution of the android towards a more human behavior is well described. And the changes in Lloyd’s feelings as a result of his droid's behavioral shifts are well described too. Pity that the finale is so predictable.
Gerbera_Reads
I hesitated reading this book after reading some reviews but then decided to try my luck. This story was a pleasant surprise. At the beginning when Shawn and Lloyd were just getting to know each other the way he talked was a little weird but then once I got used to it I started to look at it as one of his personality traits.

I mean he was perfect match and fit for Lloyd, so how is it different when shifter meets their mate - they are a perfect fit too. If I think about the weirdness of sleeping
BWT (Belen)
Two years ago Lloyd Salter, a professor at Melbourne University, had a bad breakup and took a throwaway insult his boyfriend suggested during a fight, that Lloyd might be more compatible with an android due to his OCD issues and his need for quiet and order, to heart. Told from the first person, single POV of Lloyd Evolved focuses on the relationship between Lloyd and the android, Shaun, he buys and then falls in love with.

It's 2068 and androids have been integrated into most parts of life as c
Trio
Wow, yes that was quite amazing. Reminded me of a few other android/sci-fi stories, like Blade Runner and Jane Davitt's O/s kept popping into my mind (gotta read that one again).

I loved the premise, and the story was perfectly done. The ending is creative (view spoiler) I'm glad N.R. Walker does it the way she does.

I hate to say anything negative in a review, but Joel Leslie's narration totally didn't work for me on this one. It was too halting a
Chris
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ok so this was a little strange ... human & Android- I struggled a bit trying to visualize the reality and the chemistry. Shaun appeared as realistic as possible and Lloyd finally had a partner who could manage his OCD and intellectual needs. They connected on a deep level which should never have happened but Shaun was discovered to have a secret prototype processor that made him almost human. He had feelings, could use humor and developed emotions. A beautifully written story that really posed ...more
Ariana
N.R. Walker and science fiction? I was surprised and intrigued. And very much looking forward to it.

And I was not dissappointed, this book is simply awesome.
I loved the scenario and the theme, the techno 'babble' (full marks to the author for doing this so well and in a way it didn’t make me run to check out terms on Google’s!) the thoughts on what makes us human.
Is it being sentient and self-aware?
Is it recognizing what love and death mean?
Is it a sense of belonging to someone?

But my most favou
haletostilinski
description

This was so much better than I was expecting. This is the best I've read from Walker in a long time, maybe ever.

Admittedly the android thing freaked me out at first, but then Lloyd and Shaun started to have scenes together and I started to fall for their relationship and Shaun and it became a lot less creepy and a lot more cute and adorable.

I mean, this is N.R. Walker, the queen of fluff and adorableness, and I shouldn't have expected anything different from this.

Lloyd is a 41-year-old Philos
Snjez
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story.

Not only is the story romantic, but it also makes you wonder about so many aspects of life and what makes us human.

It was beautiful, sweet and heartbreaking at times. Absolutely loved it.
Eugenia
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, mm-romance
Delightful Sci-fi!

This was an intriguingly creative book that was a lot of fun to read. It was high on the love and low on the angst.

Lonely Lloyd buys himself a top-of-the-line A-class android will full capabilities (this means sex, y’all). He gets much more than he expected in Shaun and soon realizes that his android is something unique. He starts getting strange follow-up phone calls from SATinc, Shaun’s makers. He starts seeing behavior in Shaun that mirrors human sapient behavior.

Fearing los
DarienMoya

~Almost Pluperfect~

The Story: 4 Pants Off

Imagine getting your life long person custom made for you but only expecting carnal delights and something to keep you company. An Android, no expectations yet you get something more, something perfect, something evolved.

This story is a little different and I really enjoyed it but about 75% it felt like the story could not progress any further and became repetitive. I’m also a little peeved that Shaun never got to top 😤 like give mans a turn to experience
Melissa
Disappointed. :( I have been looking forward to reading this for a while and finally it's this books turn and it's nothing like I thought it was going to be. First complaint, waaaaaaaay too much sex. I was so over all the sex I fast forwarded those parts and don't understand why NR thought all the on page sex was required. Second complaint, the plot as a whole didn't sense. Lloyd bought Shaun from SANinc and met with the creator to discuss what Lloyd wanted Shaun to be like. Ok, so far so good. ...more
Cadiva
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was just fab, even if it did still leave a few questions open.

My heart was racing for most of the book as it was clear there would be some fall out as Shaun became more sentient.

For a far more eloquent summation, read my friend Dani's awesome review as it sums up most of what I'd have said only she does it better:

Bo
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am rarely disappointed by NR Walker, and this wasn't the exception. This story is quite predictable, but I still really enjoyed it. Lloyd is likeable, and Shaun is funny and perfect. There was just something sweet in seeing this relationship flourish. Lloyd wanted to treat Shaun as a person from the very beginning, and I found his sweetness endearing. I'm definitely glad I read it.

• Robby Riverton: Mail Order Bride
  • Edge of Forever
  • Shades
  • Honeymoon for One
  • How to Vex a Vampire (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #1)
  • Risk Taker (Mixed Messages, #3)
  • Unnatural (The Wrong Alpha, #1)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Refuge
  • Happy Endings (Demon Magic #1)
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • Dark Space (Dark Space, #1)
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • Changed: Mated to the Alien Alpha (The Omega Colony, #1)
  • That Irresistible Poison (Calluvia's Royalty, #2)
  • Love in Spades (Four Kings Security, #1)
  • Secrets & Lies
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
Author also writes as A. Voyeur

N.R. Walker is an Australian author, who loves her genre of gay romance. She loves writing and spends far too much time doing it, but wouldn't have it any other way.

She is many things; a mother, a wife, a sister, a writer. She has pretty, pretty boys who she gives them life with words.

She likes it when they do dirty, dirty things...but likes it even more when they fa