Start by marking “I Wish You All the Best” as Want to Read:
I Wish You All the Best

I Wish You All the Best

When Ben De Backer comes out to their parents as nonbinary, they're thrown out of their house and forced to move in with their estranged older sister, Hannah, and her husband, Thomas, whom Ben has never even met. Struggling with an anxiety disorder compounded by their parents' rejection, they come out only to Hannah, Thomas, and their therapist and try to keep a low profil ...more
Audiobook
Expected publication: May 14th 2019 by Scholastic Audio Books

شيماء ✨
The Mona Lisa was found trembling in the Louvre Museum because of this cover.
Kai
Nov 13, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbt, to-buy
i will support my nonbinary siblings and preorder this book immediately

(I wasn't kidding, I literally just preordered this)
Mason Deaver
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Well I wrote this book, so my review is probably biased?

Either way... this is the book of my heart, I never thought people would believe in this story, but I've never been happier to be so, so, so wrong. This book may be the closest I get to writing myself. It deals with anxiety, depression, coming out and identity, and first love, and it's absolutely so important to me.

I hope you all enjoy it when you get the chance to read it.
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
I am finally going to be able to read Mason’s book. CAN YOU BELIEVE??!

Update after reading - December 3rd, 2018
*4.5/5
This book has not been undersold in the least. It is heartfelt, loving, difficult, and wonderful in every way. Becky’s blurb isn’t lying - it is indeed quietly groundbreaking and will, without a doubt, save lives. Prepare yourselves for an incredible, beautiful debut in 2019, friends.
Alice Oseman
A soft, sweet, and incredibly important story about a non-binary teen finding their voice. This book is going to be so important to so many people.
✨    jamieson   ✨
frame this cover and place it in the lourve
Emma
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
The ARC of this book was provided by Scholastic via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

I think this book is going to mean so much for so many people.
First of all, I think it's important to say that this book is own voices so the author surely knows what they are talking about.
This book tells the story of Ben, a teenager who identifies as non-binary. After coming out to their parents Ben is kicked out of their home. Thankfully their sister Hannah takes them in and helps them go throug
Dylan
4.5 stars.

I LOVED this. Great representation, pacing, and I haven't shipped two people together in such a long time!

This is 4.5 for me though because for some reason, while the writing is great, I felt myself not feeling as emotionally attached to the characters as I'd like to be, but I'm positive that the very minor problem will fixed in Mason's second novel.

This is SUCH an important novel (it being the first own voices non-binary experience I've ever read), and Deaver will soon be an even bigg
Ava
Shelves: favorites
I've read this book twice already and I can say with great confidence that I'll be rereading it many times in the future. It is THAT good.
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
I read this one twice already and i can tell y'all it's a game changer.

Get on it !!!!!
Hollis
I'm leaving this one unrated because I honestly don't know what to give it. In so many ways it's such an important and relevant read and I'm so happy this'll be out in the world soon and that people will see themselves in it or identify with aspects of the journey described within. But at the same time.. it's not happy, it's often hard, and it's far from your typical fluffy YA -- which, to be fair, was something I knew going into this so I'm not throwing shade or anything; and not that I need al ...more
Madalyn (Novel Ink)
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
A much-needed story that I’m so glad is being published! 💚
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Mar 29, 2018 marked it as releases-2019
releases: 28 May 2019
this sounds so freaking cool and all my friends love it so much and I'm so excited
mahana
ARC kindly provided by Scholastic via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

y'all mind if i SCREAM?
kav (xreadingsolacex)
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have had the honor of reading this book not once, but twice. Let me just tell you, this is one of the greatest pieces of art I have ever consumed and everyone, EVERYONE, needs to put it on their TBR. I’ll write a proper review closer to when it comes out because it’s being published and that’s what the book and Mason deserve!!!!!
anna (readingpeaches)
sounds a lot like a diamond in the sky & also my heart shattering in the best possible way
can't wait !!!
evelyn hugo’s #1 fan
Shelves: favourites
this is the first book ever that i've felt FULLY represented by - sexuality, gender, and mental illness wise - and it means the entire world to me. ben de backer is in my top three favourite main characters of aLl time. they mean so much to me, a genderfluid person who is very much not cisgender. also i VERY MUCH headcanon ben as having ptsd like me because my child is very very fucked up by events that happen early on in the novel that idk if i can share yet oops. i have so many theories i want ...more
Natasha
I've been seeing my friends hype this up ever since I joined book twitter. Can't wait to finally read it!
Andrea Valeska
Sep 28, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: anticipated-2019
THIS COVER IS COMPLETELY STUNNING. AND CUTE AF.

Can't wait to read this!!!
Adiba Jaigirdar
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, ya, cv
This was such a great book, and is going to mean so much to so many non-binary teens like Ben!

I loved how this book dealt with Ben's coming out, even though it wasn't easy to read. From their coming out, the aftermath of it, and then their fear of coming out again and meet the same fate. It felt very real and is definitely something a lot of queer kids probably have to think about.

I also just really loved the way anxiety was portrayed here, and the way mental health was given so much importance
Adriana
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 Stars

The book of my dreams. The book of my heart.

Real, authentic, bittersweet and unfalteringly hopeful. This story is a much needed reminder that we all owe it to ourselves to strive for happiness and that the best is yet to come 💖
Em
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AJSKDJSLSJS two times this book has killed me. It’s the perfect combination of heartbreaking and lovely that made me feel capable of realizing so many things about me 💗
Jay Coles
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Woooooooow!!! This was such a stunning story. Highly recommend pre-ordering when that link drops. 2019 is about to be so lit.
Rachel Strolle
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
welp i am crying
Alice
Sep 28, 2018 marked it as books-to-buy
A non-binary mc !! How have I only just heard of this book?
Jeffrey West
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't think you're ready for this jelly.
Mike
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BUENO ESTOY LLORANDO MUCHO QUÉ MARAVILLA DE LIBRO
Vika
Mar 31, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019-to-reads
I CAN'T WAIT TO READ MASON'S WORDS! CAN'T WAIT TO MEET MY ENBY CHILD AND MELEIKA (YES, I AM THEIR NAMESAKE). I CAN'T WAIT!

Mason has come so far and I've watched their journey online stemming from an idea, to snippets, to getting an agent, and to getting a book deal! I'm so proud of my friend.
Abi (The Knights Who Say Book)
Why yes I am counting down every single day to May 28th 2019 why do you ask
milou  ☁️
all i can do is gasp because it sounds incredible and that COVER
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Tell Me How You Really Feel
  • The Music of What Happens
  • Full Disclosure
  • Kings, Queens, and In-Betweens
  • Going Off-Script
  • Technically, You Started It
  • Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)
  • A Place For Wolves
  • Like a Love Story
  • You Asked for Perfect
  • Hope and Other Punchlines
  • Reverie
Mason Deaver is a non-binary author and librarian in a small town in North Carolina where the word ‘y’all’ is used in abundance.

When they aren’t writing or working, they’re typically found in their kitchen baking something that’s bad for them, or out in their garden complaining about the toad that likes to dig holes around their hydrangeas.