Start by marking “Welcome Home: Historic Romance of the Celtic Legends” as Want to Read:
Welcome Home: Historic Romance of the Celtic Legends

Welcome Home: Historic Romance of the Celtic Legends

From the outlaw Highlander hero Rob Roy MacGregor to the tragic history of Bonnie Prince Charlie's last Jacobite Rising, the courage of Flora MacDonald, and the swashbuckling legend of Morty Óg O'Sullivan, WELCOME HOME is a tapestry of the great romantic rivalries and the brutal conflicts between England and the Celtic nations, especially Scotland and Ireland. Along the wa ...more
Published March 28th 2018 by Mayfair Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Welcome Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome Home

Start your review of Welcome Home: Historic Romance of the Celtic Legends
Texas
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Welcome Home – I loved it. I felt like we were across the table from each other or on the front porch. I've read hundreds of books on history and some of those authors could have used her help. Hopefully, she'll start of some of the "I hate history" set to read again. Please, excuse my poorly written review, it was difficult to write being emotional about history and how exciting it is to me. 5*

The perfect history book for those with short attention spans; hate history; like humor mi
Lesley
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Religion, Power, Corruption.
This is a companion book to the Celtic Legends Collection by Ms Boone, all of which feature a bit of history and legend. This book gives some more detail of the conflicts between the English Crown and Scotland and Ireland. Whilst it is described as a book that you can ‘jump around’ via the table of contents I think it works best reading the chapters in order as they are, more or less, chronological.
So many wars have been fought throughout the world over religio
Teri
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
First off I love how the author begins the book with information on folklore and wars fought and the struggles of people from the past. It's a great lead in to the story. And while I am not a big fan of historical reads I did enjoy the lesson. Lesson, that's what the entire book is about. Throughout history those small tidbits are lost and only found by those interested enough to care or those who want accuracy in their novels. This are great stories and the author makes it easy for you to jump ...more
Erin Cashman
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I felt like I was transported back in time, witnessing the people, battles, struggles, and landscapes that have influenced and defined so much of the Celtic world. I was utterly captivated by the romance, rivalries, and conflicts, not to mention the larger than life characters. From the Highlands of Scotland to the Beara peninsula in Ireland, this paints the picture of the behind-the-scenes from my favorite romantic novels, putting them context and giving me new perspectives, and I loved the way ...more
Nicole Strand
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Martina Boone does not disappoint! I love absolutely everything about her books and she's one of my absolute favorite authors! I seriously fangirl over all her books.

I absolutely loved that with this book, at least the ebook version, you can click on a title in the contents section and it will take you there. Truly giving you the option to jump around making for a fun , spontaneous, and interactive read. There's also a list of Scottish and Irish songs and Celtic recipes.

This book i
Johnna
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While this is a "history" book, it is enjoyable reading and provides more insight into Ms. Boone's Celtic Legends books. I love being able to hop, skip, and jump to the locations that provide the information I'm interested in at the moment, and not having to read from cover to cover, although I've done that with this book as well. If you take the time to read this book, you won't be disappointed.
Vi
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-reviews
Enterprising, resourceful revelations of historic Ireland and Scotland. Celtic heros, outlaws, royalty, clans and the problems leading to intrusion by English forces is artistically shared with the reader! Creativity and fact are imaginatively joined to provide a pleasant reading experience. 3 1/2 stars.
Voluntarily read ARC for honest review.
Bella
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book! This will immerse you in the Scottish Highlands, and you'll find yourself questioning all the history you thought you knew. An enriching and entertaining work by the fabulous Martina Boone, who always writes with such passion and conviction.
Macy Klingerman
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As this book is non-fiction, this won’t be an extensively long review, but I did want to talk about this book. When I read the premise for this book, I was struck by how good of an idea this is. Martina’s Celtic Legends series is purely fiction, but the threads of history that are interwoven throughout the story are prominent. In Welcome Home, you’re given an opportunity to dive into some of that history a little further, and fully immerse yourself. I love history, but even if you’re not typical ...more
Jacki
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Martina Boone is one of my go-to authors.
It was interesting to read the history and the legends that are in her Celtic Legend Collection (I love this series!).
Dianne Martin
Apr 04, 2018
William J. Macdonald
Apr 10, 2018

• The Story of Us
  • The Tour (The Conor O'Shea Series, #1)
  • The Unseen (Echoes from the Past, #5)
  • So Much Owed
  • The Story of Grenville King (The Conor O'Shea Series, #3)
Martina Boone was born in Prague and spoke several languages before learning English. She's the award-winning author of feel-good romances set in magical places, including COMPULSION and the Heirs of Watson Island trilogy from Simon & Schuster/Simon Pulse and the Celtic Legends series starting with LAKE OF DESTINY.