Start by marking “Kandiland” as Want to Read:
Kandiland

Kandiland

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  482 Ratings  ·  127 Reviews
He was forbidden, my boss and incapable of loving me.

People talked about him, whispered about him in passing.

He was the king of his town.

And I was a visitor.

I was by no means a smart girl. Never loved with my head, always with my heart.

That fact alone almost killed me once.

I should have listened the second time around.

But the king of this small town, had me starving. Had m
Kindle Edition
Published June 17th 2018

Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Shelves: arc

"Don't fall for me, Kandiland. I'll only break you."

I wasn't expecting more than a forbidden romance between an employee and her overbearing, handsome boss. Kandiland is so much more than that. It is about loss and desire, deceit and self-confidence. Mystery, suspense and intrigue is weaved through the romance, making this a well-rounded, intense story.

Huxley is self-made. Dangerous and haunting, yet alluring, Huxley's decisiveness makes him formidable, a force of nature who owns virtually t
Sabrina
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Na
"My hair is pink, and I have tattoos. My life isn't normal, I'm not normal, and I've come to love that about myself"

Let me start this way: This book is as gorgeous and hot as its cover. And, ... it's so much more.

"The way he looks at me like I'm his last meal. The way he's unapologetic in everything he does. To the way he tastes like sin. I want to taste that forever."

Describing Kandiland in one word? Not possible... When I think of Kandiland I think of the words: unique, stunning, dark, enthral
Becca - ✭Little Red Reading Hood✭
Let’s talk about gripping contemporary romances. Because Kandiland is just like that. It’s the kind of book you’ve never seen coming. It’s a sweet change from T.L. Smith, who we know for her amazing dark suspense books. You’d think she will go all soft – I think you should reconsider it. She rocked it so hard with this one.

I love me some really strong and smart heroine. And Kandy? She delivers everything I need to get along with her, to respect her.

Huxley is the type of guy you itch to get to k
Brenda Travers
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is something so Deliciously Dark and provocative about T.L. Smith’s writing. Each new release is hotly anticipated and expressive in its detail, the scenes, the lead characters will wedge a little place into your battered heart.

I could not wait for the story of Kandiland after being drawn in by the Blurb and the gorgeous cover.
What I got was a phenomenal read following the story of Kandi and Huxley these two share a fiery sexual chemistry that almost sizzles straight off the page. I was
Sheena
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark and intense ...

Well that was completely unexpected...the blurb had me anticipating a hot forbidden boss/employee romance..... but of course I should have known that with this author it would be so much more....what I actually got was a tale of loss, deceit, love and desire... and I was enthralled...

The prologue is the first shocker... only two pages turned and I was already invested in Kandi as her world irrevocably falls apart around her.... I am amazed at how much emotion the author was a
Robyn Corcoran
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
don't often let a cover sway me but I really like this cover and then after reading the story summary I was instantly intrigued. The title alone reminded me of a board game and to a degree this is true of this book: characters, properties, community, money, losers and winners.

Having five years with the one you love is a fantastic achievement, not enough time but then you don't always get a say. For Kandi Leo she basically has no alternative but to move on until she ends up at a town called Cand
Gayle
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know what to say.
Not because I am not a fan of all things T.L, because I literally adore everything that she has produced, but this, Kandiland has me all tied up in knots and trying to express that in words….I am just coming up empty.

For me this novel was spectacular. I knew going in I was going to get crazy and all kinds of twisted, but lord did I get so much more than that.
I guess for me the best way I can explain what I took from this novel was something so extremely tormenting but y
Amanda
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No one else can compare to TL Smith and how utterly obsessed I become with her stories... Kandiland had me enchanted from beginning to end!

This book had me on the edge of my seat. I devoured Kandiland in 3 hours — I couldn’t put it down!

“Is this what all those fuckers talk about? That one girl who fucking rocks your world. That you can’t help but keep coming back for more. She is my more. The only problem with our situation... I don’t love. So as long as she doesn’t expect that, I’ll take as
Em
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-cover
4.5
Michelle
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced readers copy of this book and have decided to leave a voluntary honest review. I have read a few books by this author now, and I have enjoyed them all. Tl Smith has become one of my favourite authors as of recently. Kandiland was the type of book to keep you on the edge of your seat. Huxley is all alpha male, he's brooding, controlling, demanding, dominant. But deep down he has heart, mind you he doesn't show it very often. But it's there. Kandi I can't blame her for want ...more
Whitney Cannavina
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review
Review by Country Gals Book Blog

Omg... I could not put this book down... the story grips you from beginning to end. You have no idea what the heck will happen next. No..really... the author throws in a few curveballs and things that I hadn’t anticipated making this a crazy whirlwind of intense feelings.

I loved Kandi and Huxley. They are intense, fiery hot, and perfect for each other. Opposite yet both hurt in some way by their pasts. Their attraction could
Rahmayanti
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awwww Huxley just melt me. He is that kinda brooding, silent, less words lots of action man. And my oh my...whoa i'm fanning my self right now of how intens he is. This man doesn't know sweet. His all about take what he wants and keep until he no longer wants. And he wants Kandi for his kandiland.
Kandi Leo...this girl intrigue me from the start. She love fiercely. She love with her all. She love until death do us part kinda love. That's why Huxley offer to be his booty call, floored her. But wh
Phyl
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love forbidden romance, the conflict that questions your morals should I shouldn’t I. The first sentence he was forbidden, my boss and incapable of loving me, that is a ‘I need to read’. Huxley is used to being obeyed without question but he has met his match in Kandi who he dubbed his Kandiland which is very cute.
Most time this type of story end with the girl doing what he wants all the time but not this one. Her cousin Stacey is hilarious and worthy of her own story hint hint.
Reading with 2 book lovers
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
how do I explain my feelings for this book?
I can't! I loved kandiland so much, ms smith just really has a way with words and writes book which I devoure and cant get enough of.
"they call you the king"
I loved how broody, moody and scary huxley was.
kandi is a fresh pinch of pink goodness.
"just you, kandiland"
this story gave me so many feels
"you're my kandiland"
if your new to TL I highly recommend starting here this is a fantastic book to read!
Teresa Lara
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
loved Kandi and Huxley Amazing story.Intense gripping emotional beautiful loving broken.I Need more much more.
KiBo
Four letters's, one word ... MORE That's what I wanted from this book.

I was pulled in immediately with the dramatic prologue that had my blood pounding and head spinning in attempts to figure out what exactly is going on. The fast pace continued throughout the entirety of the book which I felt was a negative. I wanted the story to slow down and delve deeper into the plot and characters because it is actually a very good book. There just needs to be more of it.

I really liked Kandi. A strong young
Donna Wright
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it

This is quick flowing book, that blurb sucked me in and I had to read it. But If I am honest was left with wanting more. I wanted more bones and guts, from the story. I have been left with questions and no answers and I find myself asking why? Now don't get all twisted with that as I did enjoy it but an honest opinion is what I will give.

Although I loved Kandi, I found her a complete pushover and on more than one occasion I want to shake her. Her life is hers but it wasn't at all. As
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
“She is my more. The only problem with our situation... I don’t love. So as long as she doesn’t expect that, I’ll take as much as she’ll give. And take some more. Because I was once told a bad boy doesn’t love. He takes.”

Huxley is the self made King of Candy, a town in the middle of nowhere that Kandi is drawn to to start again. After being widowed, grief has overwhelmed her and she’s making good on the promises they made - to settle down and find a home. A fresh start and a new job is just the
Lisa Hill
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
TL Smith’s characters don’t live in the mainstream. They’re found in the margins, in the shadows and in little niche pockets of oddity all over the place.

Kandi and Huxley are two such characters. Kandi is a wanderer, travelling with her husband Jarod initially, and now on her own after his untimely exit. She ends up at a town bearing a similar name, a town called Candy.

Huxley owns Candy. Owns most of the businesses, the properties and employs most of its residents. He’s impossible to avoid.

It’s
Tracy Wilkin
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kandiland was always going to blow my mind. With a T. L. Smith story, you know you are guaranteed to be blindsided by brilliance. I was that and more. I just became so immersed in this story that nothing else existed for me. I became one with the characters and the more sinister and arrogant the leading man is, the more addicted I found myself. I was owned by Kandi and her knight in damaged armour. He was an irresistible enigma. I admired Kandi’s tenacity and felt quite connected to her. She was ...more
Rhonda Ziglar
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS FOR KANDILAND!! Oh my, Huxley won my heart!! This story has all the feels with some dark and sexy times. To say Huxley and Kandi's story is great is not enough, it is PHENOMENAL. I could not put this book down and I never wanted it to end. This book is screaming for you to 1-click it and you will be happy you did.
Tami czenkus
WOW!! Where to begin!!
I have read several of T.L Smiths books and this by far is the most unique of her stories to date.
Kandi and Huxley are the most non perfect perfect couple to grace a story and reading their story was like a breath of fresh air!!
We all have demons, and Hux and Kandi are no exception, One refuses to love while the other doesn't think they are capable of giving more than what they already do.
One click this story now and be prepared to be wooed, and gutted before being put
Melissa  Wright
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hold on to your seats this little diddy is full of sexy alpha and stong heroine. Kandi is working a broken heart after the loss pf her husband. Its been a year and she finally done running. Her final destination a town called Candy. This charming city is owned by the King aka Huxley. Huxley gets one look at Kandi and things get steamy real quick. This book is a guaranteed page truner that is super HOT!!
Tersia Eloff
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My review for Kandiland is a difficult one to write, not because the book isn't great, it's TL Smith, of course it's great, but because there are so many surprises, and twist and turns, that it's impossible to say anything without giving something away.

Kandiland made me laugh, made me cry. I've said this before about TL Smith, she is one of the most gifted story tellers of our time, it's an honour to read her work. Five stars are not enough!
Ana Buenrostro
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have to admit, this book is addicting. It started off good and then I wasnt sure wether it was because it qas a good book or a bad one. It turns out, it was bad.

This is one is one big old mess. The girl was all over the place with no self respect. She was hot and cold the next minute. I am surprised by all the high ratings. The writing wasnt great either. I had to read sentences twice to understand the flow. I think the story itself could have been good. It definitely had potential.

Unfortuna
Jenny B
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet story that left me smiling and my heart full. Emmie and her friends have such a strong bond and I did not like her ex at all. Beau is not Emmie's "typical" type/interst but someone who is trying to live his life and take care of his family. I enjoyed reading their story and their chemistry is simmering. I loved how real Emmie was with her rambling and her natural reactions.

WHen all is done my heart is so full from their story
Colleen Mc (The Book Lover Blog)
I loved the cover when I saw it and the blurb had me intrigued. The prologue was interesting and the book was off to a promising start, but somewhere along the way my excitement fizzled.

I'll start with Kandi, I had a hard time connecting with her. She was kind, caring and quirky-qualities that I did admire in her. But I found her to be quite weak, she lacked strength in my eyes. There were times where she went head to head with Huxley, something that no one else in the town would dare to do, but
Vickie
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was expecting a hot, forbidden boss/employee romance but it became clear just from reading the prologue that I was going to get so much more than that. You could feel the emotions jumping from the pages and I couldn’t wait to read more. I ended up reading this in one sitting I was completely hooked.

Kandi is a brilliant character. I loved her from the very start. She’s quirky and sassy but she’s also had more than her fair share of heartbreak and that adds another layer to her character. Force
Up All Night With Books
4.5 Kandi-coated Stars
Review by Amy W.
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

"My Huxley jar's going to need a lot of money"

Kandi isn't the only one with a Huxley jar after reading Kandiland. I recently discovered and fell in love with T.L. Smith with her last few releases. While Kandiland isn't dark, there are a few twists and Huxley is every bit the broken bad boy.

"Don't fall for me, Kandiland. I'll only break you."

In the small town of Candy, Huxley is King. He gets what he wants and
USA Today Best Selling Author T.L Smith can be found in almost any chocolate store, eating all the chocolate. She lives in Brisbane, Australia with her two kids and husband. Her favourite things to do is dancing, writing, reading and travelling the world. A lover for twisted words and things that make your heart pump you can find her on the following pages.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/auth