Start by marking “Not Quite Perfect (Rocky Cove, #1)” as Want to Read:
Not Quite Perfect (Rocky Cove, #1)

Not Quite Perfect

(Rocky Cove #1)

When I met Professor David Carstairs on the ferry to my mother’s wedding, I knew instantly he was The One. Only, the next morning I found out my mom’s mystery groom was none other than David’s dad, turning our dreams of happily-ever-after into one long nightmare!

Now, for the sake of their happiness, we've agreed to pretend our magical night together never happened.

But ho
Published September 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Not Quite Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Quite Perfect

Start your review of Not Quite Perfect (Rocky Cove, #1)
Coco.V
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This was my first read by Rebecca Norinne and what a delightful tale this book turned out to be! This sweet, fun and sexy story is well written, the pacing is good and have great character development.
David and Victoria were amazing together. I liked how the author portrayed this dynamic duo and how they complemented each other perfectly. I was swept into the story from the first page till the very end and I will definitely give this author another go soon!

💝 ARC provided by the author in exc
Zoe
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

Sassy, amusing, and adorably romantic!

Not Quite Perfect is a sweet, provocative tale that features the independent, fun-loving Victoria and the confident, smart, professor David as they navigate a relationship that includes undeniable attraction, a hot-and-heavy one-night stand, a wedding with unexpected consequences, and an unhappy mother.

The writing is witty and crisp. The characters are smart, alluring, and lovable. And the plot is a delightful blend of humorous hijinks, flirty bant
Ann
Victoria/David's meet and greet started off so slowly and I actually put this book down for a while. I came back after the next book I was reading didn't grab my attention either. This book had some great reviews, decided to find out why. Didn't take too long afterwards for me to finally get invested in this story.

Victoria/David hook up, then realize the next day the weddings their both in town for is their respective parents wedding. Awkward. But that's when things get fun. Victoria's brothers
My Own Bookshelves
Ah what bookshelf do I file this under? Damn I loved the blurb. I read a bite on Book+Main and basically BEGGED the author for a review copy. So now, how do I cohesively put my thoughts to paper and review the story? I can't. I mean other than - get on this story!!!

I am foremost and unabashedly the reviewer who admits she needs --- no --- REQUIRES hearts, flowers and HEA. No angst in these halls. And damn if Rebecca Norinne check all my boxes. David and Victoria - match made in romance heaven.

W
Mari
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
David and Victoria's meet cute was something to remember except it didn't go the way they planned. I'm not sure where the story would go after they become step siblings. Honestly the forced blended family the their parents are doing feels forced. So David and Victoria have a secret thing going but cold feet and lack of communication hinder them from letting people know.

So it's pretty much insta the way they were attracted to the other. They had deeper feelings right away, David was certain of hi
Isha Coleman
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
How could something that seemed so simple become so complicated? David and Victoria are about to learn when love comes into play, the heart ups the ante. Norinne makes it easy to get caught up in her world. A world full of heartwarming tales and eccentric scenarios. What I love most is no matter the complications she never strays from being relatable. Not Quite Perfect is more than a romance between two familiar strangers. It's the journey of a dysfunctional family that never gives up on love.
Pelusa Rivera
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..I enjoyed this story, I have read many taboo stepbrother siblings story and enjoy them but I found that to be more the case with this one. David and Victoria met and were attracted to each other and things seem to be going good until they find out that both of their dysfunctional parents are getting married to each other. These two parents are so selfish, not nice people at all. So now they have the obsticals of these two, which I don't know why they would allow ...more
G (heartbooked)
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5

Man oh man, Rebecca Norinne and this step sibling romance didn’t make me feel so yuck (that’s honesty)!! Any kind of siblings is a no go in my book but RN did something with this story to make it less eww lol

David and Victoria were perfect for each other! I love that there was no playing around with how they truly feel. I enjoy a book when the main character’s aren’t too whiny or being childish etc etc!! So this was an enjoyable book to read. Despite the circumstances they found themselves in
Liz
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not Quite Perfect by Rebeca Norinne was such a fun read! Imagine meeting your perfect mate and having an incredible day and night with them. Everything seems perfect and right. Then you find out your parents are getting married and you will now be step-siblings! Holidays will never be the same again!

David is a professor who is charming, sexy and smart. Victoria is sweet and caring. When they meet sparks fly and they feel an instant connection. Honestly, they seem quite perfect for each other. B
Samantha Grubey (ABookHaven)
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arc
"I loved Drew, Alex and Andrew they were so protective of Victoria and I love how supportive they were of each other. Also the fact that her brothers worked out about her and David almost instantly and covered for her as well as supported her. I loved it."

Full review: https://authorsamanthajaynegrubey.wor...
Cinzia
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are so many things I loved in “Not Quite Perfect” by Rebecca Norinne, it’s the first installment in her Rocky Cove series, a really good one! The story is brilliant, funny, sexy, perhaps one of the hottest book written by this author, but looking back now, after finishing it, the first thing flashing in my mind, about Victoria and David, is the beauty of their story, their bond, how they enjoy their time together. They really care for each other, there’s passion, lust, but I loved their tr ...more
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
This was an absolutely amazing story that I loved from basically page one! It was so witty and entertaining. The whole story concept was fantastic and put a smile on my face. I could hardly put it down, I enjoyed it so much. This is my first book from this author, but I can tell you, that it will not be the last.

Loved the characters in this book. Even the secondary characters were easy to become attached to and I would love to read more of their journey as well.
Loved the chance meeting of David
Kelly
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-2-blog
A fast, funny and just plain fun read

The first book of a new series, I'm not usually into step-brother/step-sister romances, because I have trouble buying into that it's even a road block, especially when they meet as full adults. I've really liked the couple of other books that I've read by this author, though, so I wanted to give this a try.

I really enjoyed how Victoria and David meet; they're the kind of great characters I'm coming to expect from this author. Intelligent, caring and funny w
Joyce Black
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Instant chemistry between the two main male and female characters. The main male character felt, "... an intense connection" with the main female character in less than twelve hours after meeting her. Loved the Oscar Wilde quote the main male character thought typified their situation, "You don't love someone for their looks or their clothes, but because they sing a song only you can hear.". Wow! How eloquently Mr. Wilde summed up a unified bond between two people, as with the two main male and ...more
Kari Hansen
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A chance meeting on a ferry between the sweet and sexy Victoria and the charming and handsome David forges an instant connection and has them not only believing in fate but also love at first sight. They are both experienced in love and life, so they know what they want, and it happens to be each other.

When they find out that not only are they loves but with their parents upcoming nuptials they are about to become brother and sister things become complicated. Victoria only wants to please others
Shatire
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truly Loved It

I love a good romcom every once in a while, and Norinne delivered. This is only my second book by the author - though I do plan to read her River Hill Series - and I'm impressed. The characters, the chemistry, and the struggles were well thought out and amazing. David is a wonderful book loving literary professor who has been burned before. Victoria wants HEA, but has been lucky in love. When the two meet, the chemistry is instant. You can feel it come off the pages. The thing is t
J.L.
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: april-2019
On the surface, this plot reads like a wacky soap opera. Melodramatic and completely unrealistic. But Norinne makes it work, and every single character in this story is someone I can imagine meeting in real life.

Beyond the primary plot, this story also includes some fascinating family dynamics and drama, on both sides of the (not-so-metaphorical) aisle. David and Victoria are complete characters both within the scope of their relationship and as part of their own family. I hope Norinne continues
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I loved this adorably perfect story. I'm new to Rebecca Norinne, but I'm so impressed by this story that she has a new fan for sure. This story is fun, witty, hilarious, and adorable. I loved getting to know Victoria and David.

Victoria is strong, independent, and enjoys life. David is smart, handsome, and a professor. What a match. This story had me laughing the whole time. Who could imagine having the best date of your life only to have it all ri
Natasha
This whole story made me smile. David and Victoria have a lot of character. They met on a ferry going to weddings for their parents; they instantly felt connected and whole. David and Victoria thought this was the beginning of a great relationship. Not until they showed up at their perspective weddings, their parents are marring each other. This is when I loved the whole story line.

Not only did Victoria fall fast she knew it was right, but can one have a relationship with her now step brother?
Lovingbooks1
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle
*A copy of this book was gifted to me from the author and I freely give my honest review*

This was witty and entertaining, I liked it very much. David’s father and Victoria’s mother is getting married and they don’t know that when they have one night together. What happens when it’s more than one night.......

* Good storyline that has a nice progression to a sweet ending
* Characters descriptions is good and I love all the secondary characters and I hope to get their stories soon.
* No unnecessary
Sunny Shelly Reads
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I do not think that Not Quite Perfect is a fitting title for this book, because Victoria and David were pretty perfect for one another! The Lit professor is like the God of all intellectual men, and the connection between David and Victoria jumped off the page as soon as they met!

This story is full of heart, sweet and sassy, with an adorkable hero and heroine and great supporting characters in Victoria’s brothers. (I can’t wait to see what happens with Theo and Cassie!!). Victoria’s mom on the o
Leslie Ooten
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a good read! The writing flowed well, and I loved the characters. Victoria and David have instant chemistry, and I loved them together. The only thing that took away from them for me was Victoria letting her family in her head about their relationship. David and Victoria are adults, and it shouldn't matter to anyone what their parents decided to do. While I loved Victoria's brothers, I wasn't a fan of her mom at all. Hopefully she will be better in the next book. I enjoyed the HEA! ...more
Jeriann Fisher
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rebecca Norinne has penned an enjoyable, adult step-siblings romance in Not Quite Perfect.

Victoria Witherspoon meets Professor David Carstairs on a ferry when they are both en route to her mother's 6th wedding (to his father, as it turns out.) They discover after a wild night together that they are now step brother & sister. Technically. Don't worry. They're both in their 30s.

I enjoyed reading how David & Vicky overcome their obstacles to true happiness. I especially like both characters. Davi
Jeanne Richardson
This is the 1st book I've read written by Rebecca Norinne; she has done an great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Misty Goan
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing well written witty and entertaining romance. There is strained family ties, over protective family members, poor assumptions, causing many problems. The storyline was well thought out and flowed smoothly with undeniable attraction, a sizzling hot one-night stand, and a wedding with unexpected consequences that made for a great addicting read.

Jeanne
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This couple has amazing chemistry together and genuinely like each other so it is hard to watch their struggle to stay apart. When your mom keeps calling the guy you like your brother, it makes it yucky. I wanted David to yell for his dad to pull Veronica’s head out of her rear from the beginning. Very enjoyable story.
Stacey Gomez
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow...I wasn't to sure about this whole step brother story line. But, oh my god does Rebecca Norinne create such steamy characters! I will say I love the writing style of this author. Pulling the audience into the characters and wanting to know more. If you like step brother by marriage stories then what are you waiting for?
Linda Romer
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Not Quite Perfect was an enjoyable read! A quick read with the perfect man David, where is he and why isn't he mine! A fun story with great characters. I loved Victoria and her siblings. Looking forward to reading the next book in The Rocky Cove Series One Perfect Holiday that features Victoria's brother Theo and his crush Cass.

I give Not Quite Perfect 4 stars for its perfect David!
I would recommend this book to Romance Fans.
Nancy
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun, romantic story and a great start to a series! I loved every word. Victoria and David share a night and then they are sharing parents. What a surprise for them. This book has it all - it’s sweet, sexy, with some twists, turns, lots of chemistry, great characters, great writing! I loved it and can’t wait for more in this series!!!
Erica
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not Quite Perfect is sweet and funny, it's my first book by the author and I enjoyed it.
Two people meet, hook up and then realize their about to be related by marriage.
Sounds like a disaster right?
Victoria is a strong woman, she's not a one night stand kind of woman but Professor David Carstairs makes her change her mind about that.
He's everything she could want in a man until they come face to face at their parents wedding.
Now she's running scared.
David on the other hand thinks it will be just
« previous 1 3 next »

• I Temporarily Do
  • A Whyte Christmas
  • Work in Progress (Cook Brothers, #1)
  • Finding Christmas (Holly Point, NY, #2)
  • S is for Secret Baby (Office Secrets #1)
  • The Stand Out
  • Kissing Frogs
  • His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance, #1)
  • Ridorkulous (Dorky Duet #1)
  • Decker and Joy (North Pole Unlimited, #1)
  • Teacher I Want to Date
  • Fake Marriage to Her Best Friend (Make Believe Brides: A Clean Romance Series, #1)
  • Whisper of Love (Whisper Lake, #1)
  • Billionaire Baby Daddy
  • Close to Her Heart (Carrigans of the Circle C, #3)
  • Whisked Away (Paradise Bay #2)
USA Today bestselling author Rebecca Norinne writes sexy romance from the heart. When not banging away at the keyboard, she is watching rugby, playing board games, or drinking a pint of craft beer.

Originally from California, she now resides in New England with her husband and two cats where she is renovating a house built in the 1700s and trying valiantly not to be eaten alive by mosquitos.

For mo

Rocky Cove (2 books)
  • One Perfect Holiday (Rocky Cove, #2)