Start by marking “Taste of Innocence (Innocence, #1)” as Want to Read:
Taste of Innocence (Innocence, #1)

Taste of Innocence

(Innocence #1)

What if everything you knew about faith was wrong?

Isaac doesn’t know how to feel about his sexuality. A preacher’s son shouldn’t be at a gay bar, and he certainly shouldn’t go home with handsome bartenders, but with a broken car and an oncoming storm, maybe it’s time to try something new.

Ben is the only reliable bartender in Texas, or at least, that’s how it seems. May
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 214 pages
Published March 28th 2018 by Lovelight Press

To ask other readers questions about Taste of Innocence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taste of Innocence

Start your review of Taste of Innocence (Innocence, #1)
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
3/4 ⭐

I liked the story a lot, but the events in the last chapters weren't really my cup of tea, and because of those I rounded down my rating. It's not a bad conclusion or something like that, it's only my personal taste and opinion!
Recommended if you like insta-love couples and a little drama.
Julie
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: enjoyed, m-m, older-men
Really enjoyed it

This is a new author for me and this book didn’t disappoint. Isaac is the son of a preacher and One night he walks unknowingly into a gay bar and meets Ben. I enjoyed their instalove forever romance and how good they were for each other. Besides his upbringing Isaac has. A heart of gold and kept surprising Ben and me too! Really enjoyed it.
Anna
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
There were a few plot holes, but I generally liked it.
Shane
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.

So at first I was a negative little ass but within a few short chapters this changed l, so much so that I started over! Ben and Isaac were adorable and l loved how their story unfolded. What had me was how their little family came together. When I came out, by immediate family quickly turned their backs, I was lucky though because I have a huge extended family who took charge and grew protective of me. More than that is how my "little" family grew. Ben and Isaac didn't seem out to have
BR11
Needs editing for grammar and plot errors.
I really wanted to like this one. It had a virgin and the blurb sounded promising. But nope, it was a bland book with two bland MCs. It had some sex on page but it was (you guessed it) bland.
Best thing about the book is the cover. That guy is a hottie.
Nic
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Adorable

I liked this story. A story of growth, honesty, acceptance and love. Ben was patient and open while Isaac allowed himself to grow and be open to new experiences. This was nicely written and it was easy to read.
Essie
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Stephen Severance
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great live story

It showed the loneliness of being gay in small town America. It had a love story of a closed heart and a the innocence of a person who was under the parents thumb to act straight. The unacceptable of the town is very close to my upbringing. It is a great love story
David Durkit
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Touching

This is a good story. There are a few components that are well woven together that help the story along. The characters are real. They are well developed. While only a few years between the protagonists it was weird to have so many references to 'the younger man's and the 'older man'.
Sarah Fuller
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 This was an enjoyable, love at first sight, kind of read. While there is high angst in these men’s lives, their love is a thing of low angst beauty. They love each other on a deep level neither one of them fully understands but don’t question it, much. There no lack of drama though, they both come from very messed up families.
Em
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: enjoyed

A lovely read about a beautiful relationship, I really connected to Ben and Isaac. The ending felt a little rushed, I would have preferred some more chapters to resolve the extended family and their place within the town.
monica jacob
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Sweet honest story. Complex. Honestly love the multiple layers of this story. It was raw and to thw point while considering both character's feeling and emotions regarsing not juat each other but the situations they face in life.
Tom
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An Unusual Family Dynamic.

It was very interesting bringing this family together. I would have liked to see more of the future of these characters. But worth 5 stars and worth reading.
Charo
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Ben and Isaac are perfect together in this small town story of love and scandal and things not always being what they seem
Charo
Andrea Britton
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable! Loved how Issac took control of his life.
Ricardo
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it
2 1/2

It was okay. Nothing particularly original or exceptional about it but nothing horrible either
Chris Neil Panes
Sep 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
Nope. Insta-love is a sign of poor writing skills. This book is very unrealistic and illogical. I think this book is trash.
Frances Hamburg
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting!

This was an interesting read. I have been truly amazed of the love between Ben and Isaac. Isaac, being the innocent, learned fast about love.
Sanna
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, mm, mmrecommended
4.5

All in all a good one but the ending was a bit too imaginative for me though it's unusual to find myself saying something like that. Sometimes less is more type of thing.
Amanda Marsili
Eric
rated it it was ok
May 11, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Boyfriend Game (#boyfriendsbybLoved, #1)
  • Country Boys
  • That Irresistible Poison (Calluvia's Royalty, #2)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Today (Single Dads #2)
  • A Fighting Chance (A Bridge to Abingdon #2)
  • Color My Kiss (Valentine's Inc., #5)
  • Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1)
  • The Substitute
  • Shelter (Men of Hidden Creek - Season 1, #1)
  • All About Sawyer (He's The One #1)
  • Of Sunlight and Stardust
  • His Truth
  • Wilde Fire (Forever Wilde, #3)
  • Something About You (Saint and Lucky, #1)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Hudson's Luck (Forever Wilde #4)
  • Play it by Ear (Replay #2)

Innocence (3 books)
  • Touch of Innocence (Innocence, #2)
  • Prayer of Innocence (Innocence, #3)

News & Interviews