Start by marking “The Duke's Library” as Want to Read:
The Duke's Library

The Duke's Library

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  274 ratings  ·  17 reviews
*Starting June 1, 2018, while this tag is in the description, 25% of the royalties I receive for this book will be donated to charity. Please visit my website for more information.

Miss Victoria Sutton is considered a failure after several seasons without a match. Blending into the background suits her well as long as she can read. A less than clandestine adventure into the
Published March 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Duke's Library, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Duke's Library

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Duke's Library
Heidi Meaton
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovely story

At times this book really tugged at heartstrings. Others it was witty and funny. Either way a thoroughly enjoyable read.
JANET SMITH
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A lovely story which I enjoyed, although as other reviewers have commented not historically correct, for instance the time the heroine spent alone with the Duke, and time spent alone with the Duke and his 2 male friends and brother, as well as the Dukes inappropriate touching of Victoria (the heroine) The way Victoria was treated by her family, other people and latterly by the Duke (until he got his act together!) was quite sad as she was a lovely girl
I look forward to other books by this author
barbara curtis
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable historic romance

Plenty of laughs and tears along the way. The duke finally wakes up and makes Victoria his bride. The baddies finally get their just rewards. The book grabs you from the start and you just have to finish it. Haven't read this author before but will look for other books by her.
Shirley Hamlod
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Discovering this book was a very pleasant surprise! I’ve not heard of this author let alone read any of her books. I really enjoyed the story and relationship that built up between Andres and Ria. As a book lover myself, the whole idea of romance in the library is great! A nice little gem of a book.
Taylor
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute romance

This was a great read. I loved Andres and Ria. The way their relationship professed was sweet. Andres’ temporary idiocy was frustrating but I loved him regardless. Ria was lovable all the way.
cindy clark
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Plot twist

Great book. Would definitely read it again. Loved the story with great plot twists...the characters were very well rounded. A+
Rosemary Cattell
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book

A good read, easy characters to follow. Plot is simple and concise. Nice touches here and there. A good set up for future books or series.
Tiny Sparks
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviews say... historically inaccurate...true but it actually doesn't take away the story! The library gives the book a beauty and the beast feel and the sexy scenes are just...sexy! ...more
Kim Underwood
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!!!

I truly enjoyed this novel! Couldn't put it down! The characters are real, and the plot is great! I definitely recommend to all!!!
Megan
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lula Pantoofle
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Miss Victoria Sutton, wallflower and avid reader hears about Andres, Duke of Northumberland’s extensive library and strikes up a deal to organise his collection in exchange for the licence to borrow books.

The friendship develops. They play chess. He meets her horrid family, she meets his grandmother etc... There are a few twists and turns and a big HEA at the end.

Overall this was a great idea and a good read. I loved the idea of a book worm getting to know someone through a shared love of book
Crazychriss889
Come on...

Why?? Why?? Why??

This one is a bit too historically inaccurate for me. Yes, dukes had several privileges but randomly hugging a woman? Or that woman staying at his house for hours at times unchaperoned? And his servants being so loyal that there is no gossip, that that woman isn't ruined? Yeah, sure...

Plus, some of the scenes just seemed like scenes you would find in romance novels nowadays... They definitely can't be found in traditional regency novels and really don't have a place t
Judith Favia
May 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Need Basic Grammar Work

Misspellings, incorrect word use and just plain bad grammar are enough to annoy a reader. But the killer is the abandonment of any pretense to Regency correctness. Sitting on a man’s lap while he plays cards with friends sounds like a tavern wench, not a poor but respectable girl. Using first names right away was never done. It was even rare for married couples. A duchess might have influence in the ton,but could definitely not stop all gossip about her companion and grand
Lemonie
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
ok read but don't expect a historical novel. There are actual crossings out so editing is a big issue as well. ...more
Micol
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Duke’s library is a quick read. I enjoyed it for the most parts but the ending confused me. It felt like there should have been another chapter but it just ended. It wasn’t a cliffhanger or anything like that but it’s like the author put half an epilogue. It was weird. Aside from that the characters were nice and the story was cute.
Aliaa Zulkifli
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't get enough of this book! I hope there will be a sequel. Good plot and I love the character's development and personality. ...more
brian.bailey
May 20, 2018
naster
Aug 14, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Flame and Ember (Regency Love #1; Generations of Love #1)
  • Miss King's Rescue (Lonely Hearts #2)
  • Lord Livesey's Bluestocking: A Regency Romance
  • Always the Second Choice (Never the Bride, #12)
  • The Courtship of Chloe
  • The Admiral's Penniless Bride
  • The Look of Love (Book of Love, #1)
  • A Love Portrait for the Silent Duke
  • The Sheriff’s Scarred Bride
  • The Border Lord
  • Loving the Scarred Soldier (Second Chance Regency Romance, #1)
  • In Bed with the Stablemaster (The Rogue Files, #6.5)
  • Loving an Ugly Beast (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #2)
  • Every Rake Has His Day (Flirtation with a Rogue Book 4)
  • Save a Horse, Ride a Viscount (The Footmen’s Club, #4)
  • Lady Edith's Lonely Heart (Lonely Hearts #1)
  • The Way the Wallflower Wed (The Wallflower Wins, #1)
  • The Earl's Daughter  (Regency Brides: A Promise of Love #4)