Start by marking “Sleepover” as Want to Read:
Sleepover

Sleepover

A brand-new contemporary romance from the USA Today bestselling author of Head Over Heels.

The girl next door is the one that got away. He just doesn’t know it yet. . . .

Sawyer: After my wife died, I promised myself I’d never go through the pain of losing someone again. Now I keep my flings neat, tidy, and one-time-only. Besides, my son needs me more than ever. He’s miser
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 224 pages
Published November 13th 2018 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Sleepover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleepover

Start your review of Sleepover
Jen
4 Stars

What a pleasant surprise!

When I first started Sleepover I wasn't expecting more than a cute "neighbors hooking up on the sly" kind of romance, and to a certain extent that's just what I got. Luckily Elle and Sawyer's story turned out to be so much more.

Elle was blindsided when she found out her husband was leaving her for another woman, and that the move had been a long time coming. Sure, the signs were there, but she chose to ignore them and trust her hubby. Lesson learned, t-shirt bough
Claire Robinson
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-swept
4.5 - "We meet again..." Stars!

What more can you ask for than a hot widower/single daddy who is a carpenter… Well pair him up with a divorced single mom and make them neighbours and Serena Bell pretty much hits a bullseye with Sleepover.

No more falling for guys who are in love with someone else…

Having your husband leave you for his high school sweetheart is a pretty bitter pill for Elle Dunning to swallow, but she’s handing being a single mother to her son pretty well, so-much-so that ventur
nick (the infinite limits of love)

I have only read a few books by Serena Bell, but she is without a doubt an auto-read author for me now. She writes straightforward and wholesome romance novels that are just the perfect mood lifters. Sleepover was a sweet and charming story that I found myself inhaling.

I especially loved that it featured a couple that tried their hand at love for the second time. That's not exactly a trope that you see a lot in romance and I imagine isn't a trope that every author can master. Both Sawyer and El
G.
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5/5

Sleepover caught my interest when it got an A review at Smart Bitches. A romance between two single parents wouldn't normally be my first choice, but the review really sold it to me. Alas. I thought Sleepover had solid bones, but they were lacking meat. The sexual attraction was done well, but the romance was ultimately unconvincing.
Samantha (WLABB)
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
After her divorce to her cheating ex was finalized, Elle was looking for a one-night fling. She thought she found it, until tall, dark, and broody ended up being her new neighbor and the father of her son's new best friend. With both Elle and Sawyer not quite ready to embark on new relationships, and both trying, but failing, at fighting their mutual attraction, things were bound to get complicated.

I pretty much inhaled this book. Bell did such a great job helping me understand what was keeping
Kimberley C.
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It’s my first book by Serena Bell, but it definitely won’t be the last. Her writing is just about perfect, even in an ARC, and I managed to read this in one sitting. She immersed me into he story and I barely came up for air.

I loved that characters and I sincerely hope we get stories for some of the others in the book. I would assume we are going to get Brooks’ and Eve’s story next... and I can’t wait.

5 stars from me. Well done.
Cyndi
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful romance! When our heroine discovers her husband and the father of her son is still in love with his old girlfriend and wants to go back to her, she needs a little boost to her self-esteem. She finds it with a hot hookup in an alley with a guy in a bar.
Then she continues her life with her son. Until her son becomes best friends with the new neighbor boy next door and our heroine recognizes the boy's hot dad from her quickie ego boost.
Our hero never hooks up with the same woman twic
Jess
This is a nice book, about nice people, with nice kids, figuring out how to make a second go round at love work for both of them. And sometimes, you really just want nice. (I am counting this for bingo because the hero picks the heroine up at a bar during their original ONS. Flimsy evidence maybe, but I think it works.)

**Read for Ripped Bodice Bingo 2019, Wine & Spirits**
Saly
I liked the author's writing but I am conflicted over the storyline especially since our heroine always felt like the second player in her marriage and couldn't hold a candle to her husband's ex; who he eventually left her for. In this it is the dead wife trope; the hero's dead wife. h/H had an alley hook-up months ago and now he moves in next door and their children become best buddies. Hero we are told is still hung up over his wife but of course that doesn't stop him from starting h
Jenny
ARC provided by the publisher in behalf of the author in exchange for my honest review. Thank you!

Hero(s) rating: 4 stars
Plot rating: 5 stars
Dialogue rating: 5 stars
Storytelling rating: 4.5 stars
Story ending rating: 4.5 stars
Other woman/men drama: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Cliffhanger: (view spo
UltraMeital
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Two single parents living next door.. yon can guess where this one is going... yet it's so much MORE than that. To quote Sawyer "We did everything backwards - Crazy monkey sex first, foreplay later, getting to know each other third". See 2 months ago before Sawyer moved to the house next to Elle, they met in a bar. Elle was two weeks after finalizing her divorce, in a need of getting back to who she was before the whole mess with her ex, and Sawyer, as usual was looking for a "relief" f
Heather
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Since Sawyer's wife died, he's made it a practice of never being with a woman more than once. So in theory, finding out that Elle, a woman he hooked up with outside a bar months ago, just became his new neighbor shouldn't be a problem. Except it is.
This was a fun but fairly realistic contemporary romance featuring two people getting a second chance at love. Elle is recently divorced and obviously wary of getting into the same situation again and Sawyer is a recent widower. Both are single paren
Verna Loves Books
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sleepover by Serena Bell is such a wonderful book. I was instantly in love with Sawyer and Elle. These characters are phenomenal, strong, and so so good together.

Sleepover is a story about loss, friendship, and two people who have to learn to trust each other after the heartbreaking experiences they both have. Each experience is different, but leaves both of them fighting to get past it and own their future.

When Sawyer and his son move to their new neighborhood, he doesn't expect to know his n
Bobbie
Nov 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I usually love Serena Bell books, and maybe I just wasn’t in the right frame of mind, but I just didn’t love this book. I LIKED it and when the storyline was at forefront, I really enjoyed this. But, to me, over half the book was either sex talk, phone sex, teasing about sex, or having sex. I want a story with a good plot, and don’t need to read about sex in every chapter. I don’t mind sex in books, and mostly enjoy them, so am not being a prude, but I don’t want it to be the main purpose of the ...more
Kristine
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Original review can be found at https://kristineandterri.blogspot.com...

** I received an advanced readers copy from Loveswept via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!**

This book was everything that I have come to expect from Serena Bell. It was an interesting contemporary romance with likeable characters and enough steam to iron my shirts.

In Sleepover we were introduced to a widowed father and a recently divorced mother who have boys the same age. It just so happens th
Up All Night With Books
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars
Review by Elizabeth
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Serena Bell is one of my favorite authors out there!! I previously read Head Over Heels and was excited to read her new book, Sleepover. You will not be disappointed picking this one up, I promise. I finished it in the span of three/four hours because it was just that good.

Two years ago, Sawyer’s wife, Lucy, passed away. Over the next two years he fills his time working, caring for their son, and having sex. When Sawyer
E-Reader Addict
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
3.5 Stars

I almost gave up on Serena Bell after her last book I read of hers was completely unappealing to me (Do Over). But I am so glad I didn’t, because Sleepover turned out to hit the sweet spot.

Actually, when this book started I was a bit leery of the hero - I’m not a fan of the manwhore to begin with, and when he’s a man who’s supposedly mourning the death of his beloved wife? That doesn’t sit well with me. At all. And if it had been brought up much more, it really would have diminished
JenReadsRomance
Widower and single dad Sawyer is moving into a new home with the promised of reduced rent if he fixes up the house, when he moves in his son Jonah makes fast friends with the little boy next door. But when he meets that boy's mom, Elle, and It turns out that she's the woman he had a 1NS with a 2 months before. And not any old 1NS, but an alley wallbanger outside of a bar.. Elle is recently divorced from a cheating ex and is wary of being 2nd best again, and Sawyer still loves with his deceased w ...more
Susan Gorman
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sleepover is the first book by Serena Bell that I have read. The use of alternate point of view narration provides insight into the main characters thoughts and feelings and sets the tone for this fast-paced, sensuous second chance story.
The weekend after her divorce was finalized, Elle Dunning went out with her girlfriends to celebrate. Elle was coming to grips with the fact that husband left her for his high school girlfriend and decided to hook up with a guy she met at the bar. Imagine her su
Lori
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sleepover by Serena Bell is a captivating book that I immediately fell in love with. This is the my first read by Serena Bell and it certainly will not be my last. This book was well written and the characters were well developed.
The two main characters, Elle and Sawyer, are mature adults who put the needs of their children first, which I found refreshing. Elle, a woman who has been wronged and who is doing an amazing job of making a new life for herself and her eight year old son. Sawyer has e
Rebecca Wheeler
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Selecting a random from my Kindle Library, produced a hidden gem, and now I need to read All The Serena Bell. A favourite read, and will be a definite re-read in the future.

Single father, single mother = Rebecca catnip.

He, a widower not over his lost wife, she a divorcee not over the sting of her ex-husband; both with 8 year old boys who become besties, when they became neighbours - and uh oh, mum and dad realise they’ve met each other from a hookup that one time...

I read this expecting a trashy
Vicki
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2018, former-lovers
Sleepover is a light and fun contemporary romance that I liked quite a bit. The hero and heroine are single parents (the hero is widowed, the heroine divorced) and since I don't often read about single parent main characters this was a nice change of pace for me that I liked very much. Both characters were very likeable - all of their feelings and thoughts were appropriate to their situations and I was very empathetic to both of them throughout the book. I found the fact that the hero was a furn ...more
Liz
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sleepover by Serena Bell was a fun, sexy and sweet read. A single dad and a divorced mom who have been hurt and know loss. But for their children, they move forward. After losing his wife, Sawyer is determined to avoid pain. His son is his number one priority. Elle has had a tough year. Her ex-husband left her for another woman. Sawyer now only does one-night stands and Elle allowed herself only one night.

Now they are neighbors and their sons are becoming the best of friends. So Elle and Sawyer
Melissa
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
No redos! That is what Sawyer says about his one night stands. Elle she doesn't have them, until well that one time(damn her friends right). What a memorable night it was. Fast Forward a bit and look new neighbors. Shocker the new neighbor is of Course the hottie Sawyer from that amazing night they both can't forget. Now they both have sons who are suddenly best friends. Sawyer suddenly wants a redo(breaking the rules). He has ghosts he has to live with, Elle is trying to navigate her life. This ...more
Sharon
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a gem!! Super fun, super sweet, super hot...nothing not to like about it.

I love when a romance is crafted well enough that the tension that gets between the lovers is organic and doesn’t seem manufactured. The thing that almost breaks this couple up had me scratching my head a little and I did a “That’s dum! If she had just waited and...” but then I thought it over and realized where she was coming from and that their problem wasn’t so easily solved.

Off to find more books by Serena Bell! H
D.B. Reynolds
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can I tell you how much I loved this book? I stayed up all night to finish even though I had a million things to do the next day. From the moment I met Elle and Sawyer, I felt as if I'd known them forever. The attraction and heat between them was so well written and so strong that I just had to see them through to their HEA. Read this book and you'll never again doubt the power of love. ...more
Kate
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful story. It’s emotional, funny and very sexy. It is very interesting to read as Sawyer and Elle navigate their way after what each have gone through. The impact they have on each other and how they navigate these waters is very nicely written.
Cassandra
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Every now and then you’d like a story about two fundamentally good people who are finding a way to start over and this was it. Enjoyed it and wouldn’t mind reading more by this author.
Natalia
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it

The h was nice, the kids so cute but... the dead wife drama its not my jam!!

Holly
This was a sweet, relatively drama free romance. I really liked the way they were as parents, and how well they connected as a couple. I was bothered a bit by some quirks of the writing (such as the author's constant use of parenthesis to include asides in the narrative) and, believe it or not, all the sexy-times got old. But overall I enjoyed the book. I'm looking forward to reading more from Bell soon. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Perfectly Inappropriate
  • America's Sweetheart (Real Love, #5)
  • Then Came You (Laws of Attraction, #3)
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • Illegally Yours (Laws of Attraction, #2)
  • Best of Luck (Chance of a Lifetime, #3)
  • Game On (Aces Hockey, #8)
  • Teach Me (There's Something About Marysburg, #1)
  • Team Player (Charleston Thrashers, #1)
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)
  • Truly (New York, #1)
  • Breaking His Rules
  • Wrong Bed, Right Roommate (Accidental Love #1)
  • Lady Derring Takes a Lover (The Palace of Rogues #1)
  • I Hate You, I Love You
  • The One You Fight For (The Ones Who Got Away, #3)
  • Stripped (Happy Endings, #1)
  • Ice Hot (New York Nighthawks, #1)
USA Today bestselling author Serena Bell writes contemporary romance with heat, heart, and humor. A former journalist, Serena has always believed that everyone has an amazing story to tell if you listen carefully, and you can often find her scribbling in her tiny garret office, mainlining chocolate and bringing to life the tales in her head.

Serena’s books have earned many honors, including an RT