Start by marking “Fight (Fate #1)” as Want to Read:
Fight (Fate #1)

Fight

(Fate #1)

Fate has kicked my ass from day one.

My name is Teagan Langford and I grew up in the system. Just another child neglect case, crossing a cluttered desk. For a small window of time, I thought fate had taken mercy on me when the future District Attorney swept me off my feet. From the outside looking in, we have the perfect life. The reality however, is my personal nightmare.

O
ebook
Published June 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Fight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fight

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
Personally one of my favorite parts of being an ARC reviewer is getting to try new author's, and Paige Hill is just one of those author's. This appears to be her debut book and as far as debuts go, it was pretty damn good. Was it perfect? well, no. There were a few things plot-wise that was a bit far-fetched and some loose ends, but all in all, it was a well-written book. The pace was fairly quick. It was told in a dual POV format. The plot was engaging and kept me turni
Kate's Corner
Well this made for an interesting read. Before I started this book, I attempted to read three other books, but they just weren’t working for me. As an avid reader not finding anything to read is a nightmare.
Whereas I managed to finish this book I have a lot of mixed emotions which I don’t know what to do with.

3.5 “Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum. If you want peace prepare for war.” Stars

The Characters & Chemistry.

Teagan the heroine of the book I felt for her and I liked her yet there is something
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: didi-reviews

Fight is a story about a woman who life has dealt her blow after blow from a young age, Teagan finally thinks she has her happily ever after but soon finds out her Prince Charming is really Mr. Hyde. She is on the run after years of abuse and stumbles upon Declan - a sexy, alpha, kind bartender. Their chemistry and attraction are intense; both have had hard lives and have secrets they don’t want the other to know.

Declan is HOT very HOT! So caring, protective, sexy all wrapped up in the total A
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
Fight was an amazing read of second chances. Teagan Langford lived a childhood of neglect. Group and foster homes were no better. Rescued by a handsome and powerful man, her life is turning around. She's found love and safety, or so she thinks. This may just be the biggest mistake of her life. On one horrific night, she realizes she'll need to run. With the help of friends, she escapes. Now she has a fake identity, and a determined stalker. She also meets a gorgeous bartender who's bent on helpi
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
This book had me gasping on the first page, crying within minutes, and desperately cheering on Teagan to survive. This isn’t an easy and sweet story. My heart was more than broken for all Teagan endured. But this is a story of strength and resilience. Fight is a story of surviving, overcoming, and real fill your heart love. Paige Hill’s beautiful writing brings every character to life. You can feel every emotion pouring from the pages.
Teagan had me wanting to wrap her in a hug and never let go.
Brandy Roberts
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought Fight was really good it had my emotions all over the place to were I was drawn to the story even more . The hero was really likable there wasn't anything I didn't like about them , the heroine was a mix for me she was a bit frustrating but likable at times . The writing was really good for it being a debut novel by Paige Hill I know I want to read more by her in the future .
copy provided for honest review
****************************************
hero=9 heroine=8 secondary characters=8
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Fight Paige Hill is book 1 in the Fate Series. This is the story of Declan and Teagan.
Teagan was a child of the 'system' which wasn't a very good life, then Mark came into her life and she thought her life was headed for better. But Mark who is now her husband has turned into a controlling abusive husband who is also a DA, so he knows how to work the system so she is always on the wrong side. So when he almost kills her she goes on the run knowing that no one would help her there. While trying
Savannah Sullivan
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Paige Hill is some kind of talent!
I couldn’t not finish this book once I started.
Teagan is slowly beaten down by her abusive husband who happens to be the DA. Seeing how Mark(the abuser)uses the system to hold Teagan to him, she has no choice but to flee.
The dynamics of the relationships are mind blowing and are neatly wrapped up—I was shocked how everyone was entertwined but it was done very craftily!
Pain? Yes. Heat between Teagan and Declan? Off the charts. Healing? Most definitely.
Well done
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was a great debut novel. I’m so glad that it’s the beginning of a series. I want more.
Treasa
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC!
A gripping read that gets under your skin in your heart and shakes you to your core. Engrossing and painstakingly relatable storyline that is hard to grasp as it unfolds all the while incredibly hard to put down! A fantastic must read that I look forward to reading more of the emotionally heartfelt read!
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fight hit the ground running, and never did it hit any sort of lull throughout the story again, so it was super easy to devour it in one sitting without taking a break. The talented Paige Hill penned a story that was powerful & addictive in it's telling, and frankly, I couldn't get enough, so I didn't want it to ever end. Teagan Langford has to run for her life after her DA husband, Mark, almost kills her, and she defends herself because she knows that he's going to spin it to suit him. She ...more
Julie Reveles (ILST BLOG)
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars!

“Why do you call me Sunshine?”

“Because every time I see you, it brightens my day. You have this light. You’re so hell bent on hiding it from the world, believing it doesn’t exist. But it’s there and I see it. I see you.”

Oh Declan, oh Declan, oh Declan...why do you have to be so hot?? And sweet!! Lol. Seriously, I think he can pretty much sum up most girls fantasies. He’s a hot bartender with tattoos, so he totally has the bad boy image covered, but then he’s also the sexy undercover
I Love Story Time
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: julie-jules, arc

4.5 Stars!

“Why do you call me Sunshine?”

Misty
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Teagan is one hell of a survivor and fighter. Her story took me down a rollercoaster full of emotions. Once you think you've heard all the awful things that she's went through, more and more just kept coming. She's endured alot of pain that no person should ever go through and very broken inside but she's a fighter.

She's had to run away and start over in a new town, she doesn't know anyone, has little money. She walks in a bar one day and sees him. This gorgeous hot man, Declan. She ends up get
Sharon
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first time reading this author and she has delivered a story that is emotional and full of suspense. Teagan has had a hard life and it didn’t get any better when she got married. This plot has triggers in it as it describes domestic abuse. The two main characters are likable, and you can’t help rooting for Teagan as she goes through so much. There is romance and hope to go along with the hardship and abuse, Teagan is a fighter and a survivor. The author has done a wonderful job telling this s ...more
Veronica Jones
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fights through a painful past...and ends up firmly ensconced in your heart

Take a chance on a brand new author that will damn sure not stay new! Paige Hill takes grit, fear, shame, as well as mistrust and reshapes them all into a loves story that puts a smile on your tear stained face. Unexpected bouts of 'laugh out loud' witty humor, sarcasm and pure delight make this debut novel a winner. Can't wait for the next installment! Thank you Mrs. Hill for bravely following your dreams, and for allowin
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a debut novel from this talented author, and this is certainly an author to watch out for in the future! Teagan has been brought up in the system and thinks that she has finally found love. Having to escape from an abusive situation, she goes on the run and changes her identity. Declan is a bartender, and fate has him drawn to Teagan. This story is action packed, emotional, heartbreaking, with twists, secrets, and is a crazy rollercoaster journey. This author has written an amazing story ...more
Candy Edwards
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was OMG...out of this world good! I was caught...hook, line and sinker! The characters were wonderful! Teagan Langford has had an exceptionally hard life. She thought marrying the future District Attorney, Mark Langford, would bring her happiness but as it turned out it would lead in the worst despair. He abused Teagan every chance he got until one day she was finally able the upper hand and escape. As fate would have it she met Declan while he was bartending. She could tell he was dif ...more
Dana
Jun 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I struggled with this from the beginning. The synopsis and story line had a lot of promise and I was looking forward to reading; however, once I started, the story line started to be a bit unbelievable to me.

I don't want to go into detail because I believe it would contain too many spoilers. I just wasn't a fan of the book itself.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Reviewed by: Dana D.
Lauren
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This debut novel was a good start to a new series. I found my emotions all over the place and I would get aggervated with Teagan because at times she seemed so gullible and too forth coming. Declan is the hero hottie who is undercover who is all alpha male. This book left me asking myself questions I cant wait to see if book 2 covers.
Heather Ziegler  Templeton
OUTSTANDING!!!

LOVED every second of this book!! WOW WOW WOW !!! You did a fantastic job and then some!! I cant wait for the next #2 !!! Maybe some more #DeclanAndTeagan :)
Tina
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. The characters are exceptionally written and well portrayed. Excellent read! Paige Hill is a mighty fine author.

Natalie Jaser
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Swoon!

I read this book from start to finish today! From the beginning I just HAD to know what was going to happen! Yay Paige! You killed it!
Ga Books LoverX
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book made me want to ugly cry in several different instances. Sometimes you read an author that their words are so profound that they stay with you, Paige Hill is definitely one of those authors.

Teagan and Declan's story is the opposite of easy, but man oh man do you want to be a part of the ride. There are definitely a couple of things that could be a trigger, but this was a really good read and I recommend you checking it out if that is your cup of tea!
Margarette Ann
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's a breath taking story I like. I love the suspense it takes every time Teagan strive for her freedom out of her abusive husband. I love the way Declan fight for to show his love for the girl he love. Please read the book I highly recommend you will love it awesomely.
Elena Garcia
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I could not put this book down, the story of Teagan and Declan kept me wanting more every page I read. This is the first time that I have ever read a book by Paige Hill and it will not be my last as I can’t wait to read the next book in this series. I feel like as though Paige addressed the issues of abuse (emotional & physical) was very realistic and made me feel like a person that was a part of Teagan’s life. She was trapped in a life that she feared she would never be able to leave, she h ...more
J.S. Andersson
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fight is the story of a women who is abused, but she fights back, she runs, making it to a new town, she fights to find herself again, with the help of others can she overcome years of abuse and fear..
This is a powerful story. Really well written, great character. Strong chemistry.
Gwen Shafer
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author. Tissues lots of tissues. This was an emotional book to get through for me. Teagan is an amazing character who fights for her life her freedom and love. I loved every single page turning moment in this storyline. Intense mind blowing moments that have you on one emotional roller coaster. But just an amazing gripping book from beginning to end. I can't wait to read more from Paige.
Dacia Hawkley
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paige Hill is a new author for me and she did not disappoint. Fight is a book filled with every emotion possible, doesn't matter if you are looking for fear, anger, passion, love, hate this book has it all.
Teagan had the will to survive no matter what was thrown at her. She was a fighter that never lost herself no matter the hell she went through and she did it with grace. Along the way she was able to make new relationships with people she could call her own. The journey Teagan and Declan goes
Paige typically spends her days surviving on copious amounts of coffee and fantasizing about the day she becomes a full-time writer. Because even Batman needs a day job, her morning hours are spent buying drugs (the legal kind), as a pharmacy purchasing coordinator for a growing health system. When she isn’t buying drugs, she’s dreaming up hot alphas and the strong women that test them.

Paige live

Fate (2 books)
  • Fall (Fate Series Book 2)