Start by marking “The Queen of Rhodia (Tales of Inthya #3)” as Want to Read:
The Queen of Rhodia (Tales of Inthya #3)

The Queen of Rhodia

(Tales of Inthya #3)

It has been sixteen months since Princess Esofi arrived in Ieflaria, and eight since her marriage to Crown Princess Adale. The princesses have a peaceful life together, preparing to become co-regents and raising their baby dragon, Carinth.

Their peace is shattered when Esofi’s mother, Queen Gaelle of Rhodia, arrives in Birsgen. She has heard about Carinth and believes that
ebook
Published May 27th 2019 by Nine Star Press

To ask other readers questions about The Queen of Rhodia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Queen of Rhodia

Lex Kent
4.25 Stars. I am happy to say that I am on a roll of good fantasy books lately. This is the third book in the Tales of Inthya series. I’m excited to see that this series just gets better and better with every book. Calvin is really hitting her stride and I can’t wait to see what will come next. While book one and two can be read in any order, I do recommend reading both books before this third installment.

After given the egg of a dragon to raise, Adale and Esofi find themselves parents to a baby
F.
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third book in the Tales of Inthya series. The first, Queen of Ieflaria, introduces us to Esofi and Adale as they fall in love, fight dragons, and adopt a baby dragon. It's a great book, and I loved especially the resilient, resourceful, patience-of-a-saint Esofi.
The second book, Daughter of the Sun, is another favourite and introduces us to Palladin (knight) Orsina and goddess in disguise Aelia. Aelia the ancient chaos goddess is one of my favourite characters in ff fantasy.
I was waiting o
Alexa
This fantasy series deserves so much love. I mean, come on! Pansexual princesses in love! Talking dragons! Goddesses and warriors! What's not to love?

The Queen of Rhodia follows the pansexual F/F couple who got together in the first book, now in an established relationship, with the F/F couple from the second book appearing as side characters.

Esofi and Adale are married now, and they never run out of things to do. Adele is finally learning how to govern from her parents, Esofi is working on esta
⚔ Silvia ⚓
I was sent this book as an advanced copy by the publisher via NetGalley for reviewing purposes, but all opinions are my own.

4.5 stars!

I was so proud to see that the few minor issues I had with the first installment of this series were completely absent here. Not to brag but I KNEW IT and I love seeing that I was right about the writer's potential.

So, our main characters Esofi and Adale got married and are now in an established relationship and dealing with their dragon son and with the politic
Erin
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Obviously I haven’t read this yet but I love Ms. Calvin’s work so I’m leaving her a #nice review
Kalamah
This series improves with each book, and though the pacing is still slightly off, it's a more subjective level than a notable issue. I really enjoyed the interactions between Adale and Esofi, as well as the bits of Aelia being, well, herself. Very amusing.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Gaelle's (view spoiler)
Colleen Corgel
May 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay, So I might have the unpopular opinion here: while this third installment has a lot going for it: the world building, complex topics, and a genuinely sweet romance that sees our leads grow, I do not think this is that strong an entry into the series. It's a really slow build up to some great scenes in the middle half of the book, almost as if the author thought we had to see a lot of struggle within the characters relationship before the external force is pushed on it. I understand for Adal ...more
Dannica Zulestin
Jun 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: f-f, quiltbag
It was fun to see the return of Adale and Esofi. This time they're raising the dragon given to them by Talcia, trying to work out diplomatic relations with the dragons of the Silver Isles now that the dragon emperor is dead, and facing Esofi's abusive and terrifying mother, Queen Gaelle. So there's a lot of stuff going on. Esofi's pretty glad that she can go and work on diplomatic relations because it gives her an excuse to run away from her mother's visit to the capital--as anyone might be. Ada ...more
Jensie
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read it all in a day! It was so nice to see Esofi and Adale again, and how close and loving their relationship is. Orsina and Aelia were charming as always, and there were plenty of breadcrumbs to see the unfolding conflict in other lands.
Queen Gaelle was a believable villain, one who leaned hard into the mother knows best trope. I could sympathize heavily with Esofi, trying to survive the gaslighting and bullying. It was cathartic to watch it all unfold, and know I wasn't the only one who has t
XR
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Iona Sharma
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
Argh, what happened? The last book in this series was a hilarious, rollicking delight that I wanted twelve more of. This is... not. The plot meanders around to not much purpose, the prose is workmanlike, the characters are sweet and engaging but they just sort of amble from place to place. I was disappointed.
Brennan Stidham
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful, I adore seeing Esofi and Adale continue to grow and become such beautiful people. I didn't think I could love these girls more. The world that Calvin has such a rich and expansive world. It's just... such an excellent experience and I would highly recommend the sequel to anyone.
Anders
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a worthy sequel to this series!
This is in many ways a tougher read than the first two books, dealing with issues of parental abuse and the mental health of one of the main characters due to it. It deals with those issues well, showing the value of love and a support system when facing such issues.
I continue to love the series, and the characters, who are allowed to have flaws while being admirable and often adorable.
I will keep spending my Hugo nominations on this series :)
Nadia Langestraat
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This third installment of the Tales of Inthya series delves into the subject of parental abuse in a big way. This might make for a more stressful read than one is used to with this series, but it serves to develop and grow the main characters in really interesting and welcome ways. As someone who has had similar experiences in real life, Esofi's character growth means a lot to me, and it feels very validating to read about.

This book is a direct sequel to the first two installments in the Tales o
Louise
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this fantasy series! Calvin somehow manages to balance really high-stakes international politics with a really low-key domestic feel.

The Queen of Rhodia takes the action back to the settings and characters from the first book, The Queen of Ieflaria, adds in the characters from Daughter of the Sun and send them off on a grand adventure to negotiate with dragons. In this instalment, Princess Esofi has to figure out which is scarier, the fire-breathing monsters or her visiting mother.

I reall
Jason
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable sequel and look forward to next book

This is an enjoyable sequel and I look forward to the next book. However I agreed with Eosfi about many things and I didn’t really like Adale throughout much of the book.

I think Adale has a lot of growing up to do in both diplomacy, and many other matters.

While Eosfi does have family issues. She is much more mature and understands statecraft and diplomacy etc....

They make a good pair, but Adale has some catching up to do.

Also while the first two book
Jamie Lizbeth
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

I've read all three books and I was hooked. This one has a nice pace to it, and the growth of the characters from book 1 show in here. it's nice to see the main protags from book 2 in here too lending a hand. I do hope there's more of these since the world building and magic and Gods are all inticing
Vuutarros
Jun 01, 2019
Rahnuma Khan
Jun 03, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Effie is a human being who spends her days writing books and taking pictures of her cat and being a librarian.

She especially likes writing (and reading!) stories about fantasy worlds where LGBTQ people aren't just tolerated, they're openly embraced and seen as equals.

Tales of Inthya (3 books)
  • The Queen of Ieflaria (Tales of Inthya, #1)
  • Daughter of the Sun (Tales of Inthya, #2)