Start by marking “Daughter of the Sun (Tales of Inthya, #2)” as Want to Read:
Daughter of the Sun (Tales of Inthya, #2)

Daughter of the Sun

(Tales of Inthya #2)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Orsina of Melidrie is a paladin of the Order of the Sun, sworn to drive out corruption and chaos wherever she finds it. She has been ordered to leave her home and travel around Vesolda in search of a great evil she is supposedly destined to destroy. But after two years of fighting monsters and demons and evil gods, she does not seem to be any closer to her goal—or ever ret ...more
Published November 19th 2018 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Daughter of the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daughter of the Sun

Lex Kent
I enjoyed this read. This is the second book in the Tales of Inthya series. I actually liked this better than the first book. As you might be able to guess by the series title Tales of Inthya, this book was quite different than the first with new characters. Also, this was an adult fantasy book, not YA like the first. Because of the differences, you could actually start the series here if you really wanted to.

The two main characters are Orsina a Paladin warrior and Aelia a chaos goddess. A Palad
Myri
Aug 30, 2018 added it
Here’s hoping this his a sequel!!! But if it’s another story set in the same world I’d still be happy!!!
Alexa
Mar 30, 2018 marked it as to-read
I want this book SO MUCH. The Queen of Ieflaria was great and I can't wait to see the sequel!
Danielle
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books, lgbt
This book is a great example of anyone being capable of learning and growing. A fun journey despite the reasons for it and two ladies that just can't help but fall for eachother. Definitely worth a read especially if you enjoy adventure, a little intrigue, and lesbians.
Kathryn
Nov 03, 2018 added it
Shelves: fantasy, lgbtqa
I'm the lucky one who got to read an earlier draft of this, and it was awesome then - once I get the latest one, I'll do another read with all my excited thoughts! (PS - Aelia is awesome)
Lady_Starkov
Nov 13, 2018
Tara
Well, this was a totally lovely surprise. A friend recommended I read it, even though fantasy isn't typically my thing, and I'm really glad I did.

The story is interesting, the romance is very cute, but the absolute best element was Aelia's transformation. Well worth the time and now I'm excited to go back and read the first book.
Dannica Zulestin
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a good book!
I mean, I kind of expected that bc The Queen of Ieflaria is one of my fave queer SFF books. But. This is a good book!

First off, my favorite part of The Queen of Ieflaria was the fantasy religion, even though it was not central to the plot. Here, though, we get the gods of Inthya front and center. Aelia, one of the MCs, is a goddess herself (though a minor chaos deity), and Orsina, the other, is a paladin devoted to the sort-of head god, Iolar. And the majority of the plot rev
C.L. Ogilvie
Orsina of Melidrie is a paladin of the Order of the Sun, divinely chosen to vanquish a great evil. Aelia is a chaos goddess, the personification of poor decision-making, whose worship has been outlawed by the Order. Trapped in Inthya and forced into hiding, Aelia convinces Orsina that she is a mortal woman fleeing her abusive family while she searches for the magical relic that will free her. But as Aelia and Orsina grow closer, an evil force is growing, one that threatens to destroy their bond ...more
Elizabeth
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
I received a free review copy from NetGalley.

This was really good! I enjoyed it quite a lot.

I admit, I haven't yet read the first book in this series, though I do have a copy waiting for me (I accidentally thought this was the first book in the series). But this book very much felt like a stand-alone; at no point was I confused about the world the characters inhabited.

+ The Characters: The book primarily focuses on the two characters of Orsina and Aelia. I was especially drawn to Aelia, since I
Stephanie
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an utterly delightful romantic fantasy! A noble and honourable lady knight, sworn to defend humanity from chaos, ends up on an unwitting road trip w/an amoral chaos goddess disguised in human form. Of course, they fall in love along the way, which causes GREAT complications on both sides, & it is all so much fun to watch - like a 30s screwball romantic comedy in a high fantasy setting. <3 Totally delicious.
Jasmine
Tiffany
May 06, 2018
Lux
May 09, 2018
Effie is a human being who spends her days writing books and taking pictures of her cat and being a librarian.

She especially likes writing (and reading!) stories about fantasy worlds where LGBTQ people aren't just tolerated, they're openly embraced and seen as equals.

Tales of Inthya (3 books)
  • The Queen of Ieflaria (Tales of Inthya, #1)
  • The Queen of Rhodia (Tales of Inthya #3)