Start by marking “Of Beasts and Beauties: Five Full-Length Novels Retelling Beauty & the Beast (Enclave Boxed Set Book 1)” as Want to Read:

Amid the lovely roses and razor-sharp thorns, love tangles between beasts and beauties in the romantic tale that transcends time...

Five novels retell the classic story of Beauty and the Beast, each with its own twist. Meet a dark-elf prince, a dragonian princess, a brooding vigilante, mighty superheroes, and futuristic guards, and watch as Beast meets Beauty, falling i
Published April 27th 2018 by Enclave Authors

To ask other readers questions about Of Beasts and Beauties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Beasts and Beauties

Start your review of Of Beasts and Beauties: Five Full-Length Novels Retelling Beauty & the Beast (Enclave Boxed Set Book 1)
Elizabeth
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
So this anthology has 5 parts, so here is my 5 part review:
1) No Man Can Tame - I really liked this one. Lots of good world building; the leading lady has some nice development; nicely choreographed fight scenes!
2) In The Garden Of Gold And Stone - not going to lie, I didn't finish it. I couldn't get into the story and the premise was just a little weird for me. I tried! I failed. I almost gave this anthology a 3 because I couldn't make myself finish this story...
3)Eye of the Beholder - This on
Marquise
An overall just passable anthology with five novellas retelling "Beauty and the Beast," out of which my favourite was Excalibur by Emerald Dodge, ironically the least B&B-like story in the lot. ...more
Katrina
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This is review of Miranda Honfleur book only - I had to put the rest of this collection aside until who knows when. As far as Ms Honfleur book is concerned – there were too many similarities to Grace Draven "Radiance", except Ms Draven does it infinitely better. Radiance is gloriously witty and charming while Ms Honfleur's offering is a bit pretentious and tedious – our h’s continuous desire to build a library became tiresome after it was mentioned first dozens of times.
Tina
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really good

I really enjoyed this book. Some stories more than others. I think Excalibur and the Blooming were 2 of my favorites, with No Man Can Tame coming close behind them. I’ve got some new authors to check out now. Definitely love that.
This was an enjoyable few days read, and can definitely recommend.
Marti
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
NO MAN CAN TAME by Miranda Honfleur: What a lively, lovely romantic story! There are action, thrills, heroic heroes and heroines, vile villains and sweet love a aplenty. Great book!
IN THE GARDEN OF GOLD AND STONE by Ryan Muree: A warrior captured by scaled beasts and one half-beast/half-human. Will they eat him? Kill him? Force him to mate with their Queen in some weird ceremony? A heart warming twist on Beauty and the Beast!
EYE OF THE BEHOLDER by Emily Allen West: 5 Stars!
A girl being stalked b
Scarolet Ellis
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing box set. Each story is retold from my childhood fairytales but with a twist but not enough that you can't follow the elements from the stories you grew up on. They take you into a whole new genre and all kinds of new worlds. Love this box set.

I received an ARC and am giving an unbias opinion.
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are a fan of the retelling of childhood fairy tails, this box set is right up your alley! Each story gives a vivid detailed retelling of Beauty and The Beast that will really leave you in awe! I voluntarily agreed to receive an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Shannon Risdon
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Magical and sweet collection

These are a great collection of books with a beauty and beast twist. All are well written, have a twist, and if course a HEA, although they are not always obvious as you are reading them. Definitely a nice intro to new authors too
Meghan Lloyd
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A book full of Beauty and the Beast retellings?? Don’t mind if I do! This is my all-time favorite trope and one that is so much fun to read over and over again. I enjoyed each and every one of the stories in this bundle, so I’ll take the time to go through each one below and let you know what I thought.

No Man Can Tame – Miranda Honfleur

Princess Alessandra is the unwanted princess, known for desiring an occupation beyond the mother of future royalty. Eager to get her off their hands, her parents
MLL
The Blooming 5 Stars
Lynn's books
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating 1 book

I wasn't sure if I was going to even rate this collection as I only read 1 book but the story I read deserves to be reviewed. My rating is solely for "No Man Can Tame." I started reading Miranda Honfleurs' series Blade and Rose and this book is an extension of a character in that series. I love how she can create a knew world and imaginative characters. Vernon the dark elf!?! Umm...Yes please! Yum! Valor, honor, loyalty, respect and inner/outer strength. Yep. Wrap him up, I'll take
Shelley Kubitz Mahannah
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I first sat down to write this, I was going to say something that this is the perfect summer beach read, but to be honest - these are stories for all seasons. I was particularly enchanted with Emily Allen West's "Eye of the Beholder" which introduces to Rose Benoit, a woman with a past but more importantly a dame with moxie; and Burke Masters, a man who has given himself up as damaged after seeing the horrors of war and the worst that humanity has to offer. West is a rare gem of a writer an ...more
Courtney
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it
*ARC from NetGalley for Honest Review*
I Give this books a 3 star rating

I LOVED this first book/story and would love to read more from that world.
The other books were ‘ehhh’, I could take it or leave it. The rest just didn’t seem to one up each other, which should’ve been the case, I wanted to be so enthralled I couldn’t imagine putting the book down and sadly the first book was the only one to do that for me.
Amanda
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE Beauty and the Beast retellings and this did not disappoint. I can't wait to see what the next compilation from this series will be. I highly recommend this for anyone who loves Beauty and the Beast!
Jonathan Pongratz
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hello,

I received an advanced copy of this book for my unbiased opinion. I read two of the five stories and here are my lasting impressions:

Excalibur:

5/5

A superhero’s life is the only one Heather Harris knows. Stationed with her team in San Diego, they fight crime and serve justice. But when the city faces cutbacks, the camps they originated from demand one of them return, and they want Heather.

As the gangs of the city grow more and more restless, and Heather is reunited with a long-time admire
Wendy
Jul 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Re-tellings of fairytales are usually a hit or a miss for me. The fact that it took me well over a year to complete the total arc is a telltale sign that it wasn't a big hit for me. But to be honest: there is a big difference in all five of the stories, so some where more my cup of tea than others:
No Man Can Tame – Miranda Honfleur: an interesting story about a princess who is forced to marry the kingdom's greatest enemy to ensure peace. An intriguing story, but I didn't hold my attention for ve
wonderfullyweird88
This box set gives us five retellings of the classic theme Beauty and the Beast there is no one genre in this box set however fantasy is the main genre.
In No Man Can Tame the human princess is forced to marry a dark elf by her father to bring peace to the warring country.
In The Garden Of Gold And Stone, Nida a descendant of a reptilian race needs a human male to hatch her new sisters. Rowec, a human is held hostage by the reptilian race. The two factions are raised to hate each other. Can they
Nickole
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
rcvd an advanced reader copy from the authors for giving my two cents. a nice collection of stories of beauties and the beasts that make their heart go pitter-patter. my fav was Miranda Honfleurs No Man Can Tame. we meet Aless, the Beast Princess bc she has a fiery temper but when her father arranges marriages for her and her sister, she steps in to take her sisters place as the bride of Nightbloom. its s trade for food and protection from the evil that lurks but there is evil afoot too that mak ...more
Aly
I give this a 3.75 out of 5 stars. I actually really enjoyed all 5 of these short stories in this book. They each had their own personal touch and spin on the classic story of Beauty and the Beast. Some I enjoyed more than others, but this review is rounded up to 4 stars since the average is closer to that. I'm personally a major fan of Beauty and the Beast, so I was looking forward to being able to read this, even knowing that I would possibly be very nitpicky on the stories. They were all real ...more
The Mysterious Reader
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I grabbed “Of Beasts and Beauties: Five Full-Length Novels Retelling Beauty & the Beast (Enclave Boxed Set Book 1)” because I live the classic fairy tale used as the starting point for its five tales, and because I’ve read other books by one of its contributors, Miranda Honfleur, and found them to be consistently great. No surprise that her contribution, No Man Can Tame, was great (I loved how princess Aless and dark-elf prince Veron’s unique story fit so well into the desired starting template) ...more
Iliana
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This anthology, written by five incredibly talented authors, is brimming with intricate, powerful renditions of the tale we all know and love. From magic to magic powers to elves to superheroes, every story illustrates our own human weaknesses, and the fears that have driven worlds and hopes apart. Each hero or heroine has their own trials they must transcend, whether it be arranged marriages, or punishment or the very darkness in their own hearts, but their stories are not too far from our own. ...more
💋Meme Chanell Book Corner💋

To begin with I enjoyed fairytales as a child and one is never to old to read a good fairytale and all of theses stories are a rendition of the popular well known classic beauty and the beast but this version is for adults.
This is an amazing package of stories that will keep you put in your seat until you are completely done. I liked every story and it was a perfect weekend read for me. Vernon and Aless, Nida and Rowec, Rose and Burke, Niko and Sophia, Miguel and Heather.
I voluntarily received a
Joyffree
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
💞 Such a wonderful collection of romances based on the fairytales I adored as a child but with a grown-up twist
I loved the variety - I loved that they were full-length stories-
Not every story was a four or five-star read - but everyone was enjoyable - and worth reading
Such great world building and unique twist on age-old storylines
I even found a couple new authors within this set
Definitely worth reading
Christine
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five great novels in one powerful collection. The collection is varied in content, fantasy, sci-fi and contemporary. The first novel was my favorite. I loved the tension and drama between the characters. I enjoyed the fantasy world the author created. All of these stories were beautifully written! Broody heroes and feisty heroines! Great collection!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book, all opinions are my own.
Michele
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was not sure about this set at first but I really enjoyed the re-telling of the fairytales. The variety of authors and the great writing made this fun. Each story stands alone and stand well. I tried to pick one I enjoyed more than others and I just could not. Recommend this set and I don't like boxed sets.
Kelly
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful collection of Beauty and the Beast tales! Fairy tale retellings are all over the place today, but these 5 tales different authors turn the classic Beauty and the Beast tale into tales as old as time for reading and rereading over and over again! I loved reading my favorite tale set in various fantasy and romantic suspense settings.
Alexa
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed all of the novels in this boxed set. My top three would be the first three: 'No Man Can Tame' by Miranda Honfleur, 'In the Garden of Gold and Stone' by Ryan Muree, and 'Eye of the Beholder' by Emily Allen West. 'No Man Can Tame' would be my absolute favourite of the series, but I am looking at buying books from all of the authors involved!
Marilyn Smith
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful box set written by five authors and their version of the story Beauty and the Beast. The storyline and characters are as they want but are get to read their story. This is a must have set! I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
H.M. Gooden
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book and I found it very enjoyable. While based loosely on a fairytale, I found each story unique in its own way. I couldn’t decide which one I liked best and was grateful for the chance to review this collection
Cecilia Rodriguez
This is a five novel collection, with the same trope of Beauty and the beast.
No man can tame by Miranda Hofleur and In the Garden of gold and stone by Ryan Muree, are two stories that follow the trope closely.
The other three stories, drift off.

• Battlecry (Battlecry #1)
  • Veins of Magic (The Otherworld, #2)
  • The Ark (Children of a Dead Earth, #1)
  • Gate Crashers
  • Starship Repo
  • Vampire King: Cinderella (Adult Fairy Tale, #1 )
  • Excalibur (Battlecry #4)
  • Fairplay Shifters: A Paranormal Romance Series
  • The Seers
  • The Vampire's Wolf (The Vampire's Omega #2)
  • Lost Creek Shifters: The Complete Collection
  • Bears in Blue Shifter Romance Box Set
  • SHIFTERS: The Cursed by Blood SHAPESHIFTER Special Edition!
  • Panther Shifters of the Amazon Box Set (Panther Shifters of the Amazon #1-3)
  • Betrothed to the Dragon (Lick of Fire: Dragon Lovers, #1)
  • Six Single Dads' Nanny (Love by Numbers, #5)
  • Rise Of The Alphas; Collection (Rise Of The Alphas, #1 To #11)
  • Heart of the Fae (The Otherworld, #1)
I’m a born-and-raised Chicagoan living in Indianapolis. I grew up on fantasy and science fiction novels, spending nearly as much time in Valdemar, Pern, Tortall, Narnia, and Middle Earth as in reality. 🙂

I write speculative fiction starring fierce heroines and daring heroes who make difficult choices along their great adventures, all with a generous dose of romance.

When I’m not snarking, writing, o

News & Interviews

“Strength isn’t just in your fists. Strength is relying on your knowledge in the face of danger. It’s standing up to a challenge with courage and dignity. Not running away.” 1 likes
“Your Highness, if any of that is true, then all I’ve done is make one terrible mistake after another, mistakes I can never take back. If any of that is true, how can I live with myself?” “By not making any more terrible mistakes.” 0 likes