Start by marking “Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)” as Want to Read:
Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)

Getting Played

(Getting Some #2)

A magnificent new romance by New York Times bestselling author Emma Chase.

Dean Walker is all about keeping life simple. He's effortlessly talented and intelligent—spending his summers playing drums in the local band and the rest of the year teaching high school in the same Jersey town where he grew up. He likes his love life simple too, enjoying the commitment-free hook-up
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 241 pages
Expected publication: October 8th 2019 by Emma Chase, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Getting Played, please sign up.
Emma Chase The audiobook is out now!! Ebook & print will be published Oct 8, 2019

Emma Chase
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Getting Played is LIVE on Audible!!!
Dean & Lainey's romance is a sexy, adorable, feel-good story and I'm SO EXCITED to share it with you!! Andi Arndt & Zachary Webber's narration will absolutely make you swoon and smile!
Audible: https://adbl.co/2JVOjsF

Google Play http://bit.ly/2IqcPkU

Hulya Kara Yuksel
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Of course I loved it. This is Emma Chase, helloooooo! :D

I listened the audiobook! :)

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤5 STARS❤

I'm in love with this story and the narrators, they make me feel like I'm a part of this story!The Getting Some series is one of my favorites, I loved the first book and I adored Getting Played!Emma Chase for one more time delivers a super hot,heartwarming and sweet romance!

description

The storyline was refreshing and addictive.The characters rocked this story, I loved Dean and Lainey so much!Their connection was something else.They were romantic,intense and sweet with passion!They have so great mo
AJ
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 fantastic stars!

Getting Schooled was my #1 favourite read last year, and ever since I heard that Emma Chase was going to make it into a series, Getting Played was my most anticipated read of this year. I dropped everything the moment this audiobook dropped onto my phone, and it did not disappoint!

We are taken back to the town of Lakeside, this time for the story of Dean – best friend of Garrett from book #1. Dean is the math teacher and assistant football coach at the same high school that he
Antonella
May 02, 2019 is currently reading it
Shelves: audible
I am sick and tired of these assholes rating books they haven't read...and more often then not these books don't even have a blurb or cover....
What is wrong with these readers?!

Amy | Foxy Blogs
YEP! YEP! YEP!!! This book hits the spot! I fell in love with these characters!

Lainey is a single mom who has a teenage son. This mother-son duo is both sweet and endearing.

Lainey comes from a big family - all girls. While out with one of her sisters Lainey meets one of the sexiest drummer ever, Dean. He's playing in a band that is sort of low key. Only during the summer months does the band perform.

A scorching hot one-night stand leaves these two wishing they had exchanged numbers. Unfortun
Rachel
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to try to even out expectations - 2 people rated this before it was out with 1 & 2 stars, I love Emma Chase's books and I am looking forward to this one.
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

THEMES & TROPES: small town romance
RATING: 5 stars
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

I love everything Emma Chase. She writes the funniest, sweetest, most lovable characters. GETTING PLAYED is #2 in the Getting Some series and just as good as (or maybe even better than) GETTING SCHOOLED. She always, ALWAYS hits the spot for me.

Dean
Stacie
4 1/2 "Surprise" Stars!

I absolutely loved this story! I spent the whole day listening to the audiobook, which in turn makes me a very productive girl. My house is cleaner than it's been in months!

Seriously though, I loved the two main characters. I got vested in them early on. There's not much angst or drama with this book. It's just one of those stories that made me smile and feel happy. A very nice and easy feel good kind of story. Happy reading!
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
5 Sexy Drummer Guy

Oh my god! This was such a fun listen!! Funny, sexy, brilliantly narrated.
The trope is my absolute favorite! Babies for the win! 🙌🏽

Here’s what I loved:
I laughed out loud so many times. Man oh man, the haunted house scene had my rolling on the floor howling!
Both main characters are the bomb. I loved Dean and Lainey together. Their chemistry was off the charts! Their “encounters” were 🔥🔥🔥. Both characters are interesting and likable. The secondary characters were great
The story
Andrea
Jun 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
I'm a bit wary of this book. In Garret's book, Callie mentioned that Dean was never faithful to his girlfriends and that's a turn off. Hopefully I believe this change in him.

BTW: I need a book for Donna and Jerry, please :D
Bex | TotallyBex.com
I love Emma Chase's (audio)books! They are such a joy to read.

[full review to come]
Dayla
Aug 18, 2018 marked it as to-read
Why do people rate these books without having read them? Y’all saw how well Emma Chase told Garrett and Callie’s story—why can’t you trust her to do the same with Dean’s story, no matter what issues he’s had in the past? Smh.
Alex in Spades
5 We're Worth Waiting For Stars

I dropped everything, and just binge-listen to the audiobook (for 7 hours straight), and I'm just so happy right now. This was glorious! I was waiting for the unexpected pregnancy from Emma Chase for so long, and now I got it, and I couldn't be more delighted.

Dean was such an amazing teacher. He was just wonderful with the kids. Also his dirty ways with Lainey made me fan myself. Damn this was one hot listen - that 1st chapter, whew. I needed a cold shower after re
Jamie
SO FLIPPIN' CUTE!

One thing I can count on with an Emma Chase book is that I'm going to be smiling through the majority of the story. Getting Played was equal amounts of Sweet, Funny, and HOT; and with the PERFECT narrators... this one was a major win and super easy read/listen.

Heroesinbooks
Beyond 5 Dean and Lainey Stars

-Audiobook narrated by Zachary Webber and Andi Arndt.

This book is pure Emma Chase gold. I loved the first one in the series about Callie Carpenter and Garrett Daniels but I think I may have loved this even more.
Dean is Garrett’s best friend and he is a player to the extreme. He’s been a ladies man forever and has quite the reputation around town. He grew up in Lakeside , brought up by his Granny (she is a brilliant character) and now works as a maths teacher and f
Brianda
Jul 26, 2018 marked it as to-read
Why do people rate books before they're out without even mentioning if they got an ARC or their reasons?
Anyway, Im going in with an open mind because I LOVED Getting Schooled. Hopefully it'll be just as good.
maggieandteddy
I really liked Getting School (Garrett & Callie's story). I know that I would be grabbing this audio when it released.
The set up (the meet cute) was so good, I had to go back & listen to Chapter One again.
Andi Arndt & Zachary Webber are so good. 2 of my favorite narrators.
I listened to the H, Dean's parts at 1.25x speed and the h, Lainey's parts at 1.0x. Andi speaks a little faster without any adjustment.
The blurb gives a lot of set up to the story. Lainey & Dean hook up &
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - AUDIBLE ORIGINAL***

5 SWOONY CROWNS

Emma Chase knows how to deliever light, fun, and completely romantic novels. This audiobook had me in auditory heaven, and my heart pitter-pattered all over Dean's epic romantic goodness!

Dean was the epitome of my perfect romcom hero - all heart with a bit of devilry in him. He follows the quintessential playboy turned one-woman man with complete charm. I was unable to resist Dean in any of his forms - teacher, mentor, lover, dad. I loved them
Monique
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why oh why did I think it was a wise decision to start this audio after midnight thinking I’ll just listen to a chapter or two before going to sleep. Big mistake! BIG! I fell in love with the characters straight away that I was saying to myself, one more chapter, just one more chapter.

I’m kicking myself that I haven’t read or listened to the previous book but I didn’t feel left out in the slightest. Dean Walker is not only intelligent and a gifted drummer but he is the hottie maths teacher work
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Emma Chase's Getting Played swept me straight back to Lakeside, New Jersey and into another deliciously addictive rom com following beloved high school teacher, football coach and drummer, Dean Walker, and the hilariously complicated aftermath of his one night stand with lifestyle blogger, Lainey Burrows. This story was fast paced, wickedly sharp and, brought to life by supremely stellar narration, it's another unputdownable story I never wanted to end.

I wish this book was longer!!! I say that
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “A Perfect Audible” Stars

Want to listen to a story that will make you laugh, smile, sigh and blush? Than look no further than Getting Played. A sweet romantic story of finding love when you least expect it.

Hands down there is nothing better than an Emma Chase hero. He’s the best ever. The perfect part of arrogance, filled with a sarcastic funny side. But he’s also caring, loving, passionate, humorous, and sprinkled with a side of vulnerability. Dean Walker fit the bill perfectly. And not to fo
Ing
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying this series. This was such a fun, sexy and adorable story.
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Audio Review

Getting Played is the second book in the Getting Some series by the fabulous and talented Emma Chase. It releases in audio first and I had to pleasure of listening to it before it releases! I absolutely loved Getting Schooled and I have been looking forward to Dean's story since I finished listening to Garrett's. Oh my, Dean. The sexy, drummer who sings in a band during the summer and the smart, sexy, nerdy, glasses wearing high school teacher and football coach for the rest of the y
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
 photo EE804943-C51A-4EE4-A3F3-CED7F7DF484E.jpg

I'm convinced that Emma Chase can do no wrong. She writes relate-able romantic comedy in a way that just resonates with a reader. Small-town romance and all that. I ADORED Getting Played!

We first met Dean Walker in Getting Schooled as Garrett's best friend. He's a teacher, drummer, football coach and basically all-around great guy. Also a player but that's besides the point. Lainey Burrows is the new resident social media star as well as single mom to a teenage boy. She comes from a protective
Happily Mary After
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-october
Prepare yourself to swoon when you listen to Emma Chase’s Getting Played, which is releasing exclusively in audio this week. (Print and digital editions will be available in October.) It’s a lighthearted, feel-good romance featuring an endearing single-mom, Lainey, and a charmingly roguish hero, Dean, who have an unforgettable one-night stand that neither can forget. Both regret never exchanging phone numbers, but fate brings them together again a few months later when they discover that Lainey ...more
Alex ♈
Jun 13, 2019 marked it as how-about-never
Getting pregnant by a guy, who enjoys commitment-free hook-ups sounds like a sure STD..., but what do I know?... 🙄
Hayley
Shelves: audiobooks
I am going to keep this short and sweet. Perfection, utter perfection! This story, these characters, the narrators... I loved every second and can’t wait to listen to it all over again.
Amanda Anderson
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! I was very impressed with the way this story started and finished. I LOVED Dean as a teacher, boyfriend, step dad, etc. HOT HOT HOT. Lainey was strong also and didnt fall at his feet like all the other girls. I love the couples in these series! 5 star book 5 star author 🖤
Mallowmar
« previous 1 3 next »

• Before the Dawn
  • On a Wednesday (One Week, #2)
  • Untitled (Devious Minds, #2)
  • Pen vs. Sword
  • Bet You Can't (Unlikely, #1)
  • Down Too Deep (Dirty Deeds, #4)
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • Risk Taker (It takes Two #3)
  • First Love Never Dies
  • One Last Ride (Second Chance, #3)
  • Hook Shot (Hoops, #3)
  • Curtain Call (CageVec Security, #1)
  • The Edge of Destiny (The Edge of Never, #3)
  • Untitled (Game On, #5)
  • The Slow Burn (Moonlight and Motor Oil, #2)
  • Huge Deal (21 Wall Street, #3)
  • Release (Off Balance, #3)
  • Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Emma Chase writes contemporary romantic comedies filled with heat, heart and laugh-out-loud humor. Her stories are known for their clever banter, sexy, swoon-worthy moments, and hilariously authentic male POV’s. Emma’s novels have been translated in over twenty languages around the world.

Emma lives in New Jersey with her amazing husband, two awesome

Getting Some (2 books)
  • Getting Schooled (Getting Some, #1)