Start by marking “Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)” as Want to Read:
Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)

Getting Played

(Getting Some #2)

A magnificent new romance by New York Times bestselling author Emma Chase.

Dean Walker is all about keeping life simple. He's effortlessly talented and intelligent—spending his summers playing drums in the local band and the rest of the year teaching high school in the same Jersey town where he grew up. He likes his love life simple too, enjoying the commitment-free hook-up
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 241 pages
Expected publication: October 8th 2019 by Emma Chase, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Getting Played, please sign up.
Emma Chase The audiobook is out now!! Ebook & print will be published Oct 8, 2019

Emma Chase
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Getting Played is LIVE on Audible!!!
Dean & Lainey's romance is a sexy, adorable, feel-good story and I'm SO EXCITED to share it with you!! Andi Arndt & Zachary Webber's narration will absolutely make you swoon and smile!
Audible: https://adbl.co/2JVOjsF

THEMES & TROPES: small town romance
RATING: 5 stars
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

I love everything Emma Chase. She writes the funniest, sweetest, most lovable characters. GETTING PLAYED is #2 in the Getting Some series and just as good as (or maybe even better than) GETTING SCHOOLED. She always, ALWAYS hits the spot for me.

De
Diana
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this sweet, low angst read with very likable characters.

Lainey Burrows, a single Mom, was enjoying a night out with her sister at a bar. She caught the eye of the hot drummer, Dean. Who would have thought after one night together, their lives would be changed forever.

I listened to the audiobook, and Andi Arndt and Zachary Webber were absolutely perfect.
Highly recommend!
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Of course I loved it. This is Emma Chase, helloooooo! :D

I listened the audiobook! :)

Antonella
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I really don't have much to say about this book except to pick it up.
Maybe just to say that Emma Chase as usual writes great male pov.
Audio version was pure perfection!!
Funny, light, enjoyable, cute, freaking adorable....READ IT!! LISTEN TO IT!!

ADD THIS AS YOU SUMMER/VACATION READ!!!

4,5 STARS

I am sick and tired of these assholes rating books they haven't read...and more often then not these books don't even have a blurb or cover....
What is wrong with these readers?!

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤5 STARS❤

I'm in love with this story and the narrators, they make me feel like I'm a part of this story!The Getting Some series is one of my favorites, I loved the first book and I adored Getting Played!Emma Chase for one more time delivers a super hot,heartwarming and sweet romance!

description

The storyline was refreshing and addictive.The characters rocked this story, I loved Dean and Lainey so much!Their connection was something else.They were romantic,intense and sweet with passion!They have so great mo
AJ
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 fantastic stars!

Getting Schooled was my #1 favourite read last year, and ever since I heard that Emma Chase was going to make it into a series, Getting Played was my most anticipated read of this year. I dropped everything the moment this audiobook dropped onto my phone, and it did not disappoint!

We are taken back to the town of Lakeside, this time for the story of Dean – best friend of Garrett from book #1. Dean is the math teacher and assistant football coach at the same high school that he
Amy | Foxy Blogs
YEP! YEP! YEP!!! This book hits the spot! I fell in love with these characters!

Lainey is a single mom who has a teenage son. This mother-son duo is both sweet and endearing.

Lainey comes from a big family - all girls. While out with one of her sisters Lainey meets one of the sexiest drummer ever, Dean. He's playing in a band that is sort of low key. Only during the summer months does the band perform.

A scorching hot one-night stand leaves these two wishing they had exchanged numbers. Unfortun
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
It's been a few years since I've read a book by Emma Chase and I had almost forgotten how beautifully charming her writing was. Almost. Getting Played was a delightfully hilarious story about how a one night stand turned into forever and I LOVED it!!

Check out a sample: https://soundcloud.com/audible/gettin...

Lainey was a single mom of an incredible teenage boy. She was a lifestyle blogger and after landing a big deal, she was out celebrating. She couldn't tear her eyes off of the drummer playing
Rachel
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to try to even out expectations - 2 people rated this before it was out with 1 & 2 stars, I love Emma Chase's books and I am looking forward to this one.
Alex ♈
Jun 13, 2019 marked it as how-about-never
Getting pregnant by a guy, who enjoys commitment-free hook-ups sounds like a sure STD..., but what do I know?... 🙄
Stacey is Sassy
If I could turn back time...

I'm pretty happy with my life now but a few years ago, I couldn't help but over-analyse all my past bad decisions. If I could turn back time and give myself a bit of advice, I wouldn't be going back to right my wrongs, I'd be going back to tell myself to look forward.

Pretty philosophical, hey?

I guess I just couldn't help but feel sorry for the main characters in the story, Dean and Lainey and how they were pigeon-holed because of their past. Lainey for having a chil
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

I freely admit that I’ve got a huge appetite for single parent romances, and Getting Played is the crème de la crème. Emma Chase is my go-to author for romantic comedy, so I’m not surprised that she delivers once again in a big way.

Lainey and Dean’s unexpected reunion brings nothing but joy. There is just something about a person finding love for the second or even the first time after handling the challenges of parenting alone that makes my tender heart melt.

It would be easy to paint
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “A Perfect Audible” Stars

Want to listen to a story that will make you laugh, smile, sigh and blush? Than look no further than Getting Played. A sweet romantic story of finding love when you least expect it.

Hands down there is nothing better than an Emma Chase hero. He’s the best ever. The perfect part of arrogance, filled with a sarcastic funny side. But he’s also caring, loving, passionate, humorous, and sprinkled with a side of vulnerability. Dean Walker fit the bill perfectly. And not to fo
Stacie
4 1/2 "Surprise" Stars!

I absolutely loved this story! I spent the whole day listening to the audiobook, which in turn makes me a very productive girl. My house is cleaner than it's been in months!

Seriously though, I loved the two main characters. I got vested in them early on. There's not much angst or drama with this book. It's just one of those stories that made me smile and feel happy. A very nice and easy feel good kind of story. Happy reading!
Jacob Proffitt
Jul 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
This is second in a series. You don't need to read the first before this one, though knowing the characters is lovely. They aren't very intrusive or anything, so you're fine starting here.

So I was barreling along and at 75% I just died. I mean, things were going lovely. The setup is preposterous and a little forced, but I like to give a book its premise and this one is premised on them having a fling that results in a pregnancy. I liked how their reactions highlighted the characters' inner lands
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
5 Sexy Drummer Guy

Oh my god! This was such a fun listen!! Funny, sexy, brilliantly narrated.
The trope is my absolute favorite! Babies for the win! 🙌🏽

Here’s what I loved:
I laughed out loud so many times. Man oh man, the haunted house scene had my rolling on the floor howling!
Both main characters are the bomb. I loved Dean and Lainey together. Their chemistry was off the charts! Their “encounters” were 🔥🔥🔥. Both characters are interesting and likable. The secondary characters were great
The story
Bex | TotallyBex.com
I love Emma Chase's (audio)books! They are such a joy to read.

[full review to come]
Andrea
Jun 05, 2018 marked it as to-read
I'm a bit wary of this book. In Garret's book, Callie mentioned that Dean was never faithful to his girlfriends and that's a turn off. Hopefully I believe this change in him.

BTW: I need a book for Donna and Jerry, please :D
Dayla
Aug 18, 2018 marked it as to-read
Why do people rate these books without having read them? Y’all saw how well Emma Chase told Garrett and Callie’s story—why can’t you trust her to do the same with Dean’s story, no matter what issues he’s had in the past? Smh.
Jamie
SO FLIPPIN' CUTE!

One thing I can count on with an Emma Chase book is that I'm going to be smiling through the majority of the story. Getting Played was equal amounts of Sweet, Funny, and HOT; and with the PERFECT narrators... this one was a major win and super easy read/listen.

Alex in Spades
5 We're Worth Waiting For Stars

I dropped everything, and just binge-listen to the audiobook (for 7 hours straight), and I'm just so happy right now. This was glorious! I was waiting for the unexpected pregnancy from Emma Chase for so long, and now I got it, and I couldn't be more delighted.

Dean was such an amazing teacher. He was just wonderful with the kids. Also his dirty ways with Lainey made me fan myself. Damn this was one hot listen - that 1st chapter, whew. I needed a cold shower after re
Brianda
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Lainey has spent the last 16 years raising her son Jason. She adores being a parent and although it’s been tough at times she wouldn’t change a thing. Jason is the loveliest and well rounded young man. They have a really easy relationship and he is very protective of his mum. He is also her cameraman. Lainey has her own lifestyle blog with a huge following and Jason helps her make the videos.

Summer has just begun and Lainey is on a night out listening to a band play when she meets Dean. the lead
Rebecca
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There’s nothing like an Emma Chase romantic comedy, and the fact that Zachary Webber and Andi Arndt narrated Getting Played, bringing Lainey Burrows and Dean Walker’s perspectives to life made this story even better because the banter between Lainey and Dean as well as Lainey with her sisters and Dean with his nerdy math students, Lainey’s son included, and his fellow educators were expertly brought to life by the narrators’ voices, making these scenes hilarious and captivating.

Lainey is defini
maggieandteddy
I really liked Getting School (Garrett & Callie's story). I know that I would be grabbing this audio when it released.
The set up (the meet cute) was so good, I had to go back & listen to Chapter One again.
Andi Arndt & Zachary Webber are so good. 2 of my favorite narrators.
I listened to the H, Dean's parts at 1.25x speed and the h, Lainey's parts at 1.0x. Andi speaks a little faster without any adjustment.
The blurb gives a lot of set up to the story. Lainey & Dean hook up &
Heroesinbooks
Beyond 5 Dean and Lainey Stars

-Audiobook narrated by Zachary Webber and Andi Arndt.

This book is pure Emma Chase gold. I loved the first one in the series about Callie Carpenter and Garrett Daniels but I think I may have loved this even more.
Dean is Garrett’s best friend and he is a player to the extreme. He’s been a ladies man forever and has quite the reputation around town. He grew up in Lakeside , brought up by his Granny (she is a brilliant character) and now works as a maths teacher and f
Lien
The story itself maybe 3.75 Stars?
The audiobook as a whole 4.5 Stars.
So I guess 4.25 Stars?

Okay so where do I start? Where do I start? It feels like my heart is bursting! This was so freaking cute, funny, swoony, adorable and heartwarming. My God Dean! He. Was. Awesome. And Jason, seriously Emma Chase has a talent for writing the best kids ever! Where can I get myself a kid like that, I'd be SO down for someone like him.

I'm rambling, let me calm down a little and start over again.
I've been liste
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - AUDIBLE ORIGINAL***

5 SWOONY CROWNS

Emma Chase knows how to deliever light, fun, and completely romantic novels. This audiobook had me in auditory heaven, and my heart pitter-pattered all over Dean's epic romantic goodness!

Dean was the epitome of my perfect romcom hero - all heart with a bit of devilry in him. He follows the quintessential playboy turned one-woman man with complete charm. I was unable to resist Dean in any of his forms - teacher, mentor, lover, dad. I loved them
Monique
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why oh why did I think it was a wise decision to start this audio after midnight thinking I’ll just listen to a chapter or two before going to sleep. Big mistake! BIG! I fell in love with the characters straight away that I was saying to myself, one more chapter, just one more chapter.

I’m kicking myself that I haven’t read or listened to the previous book but I didn’t feel left out in the slightest. Dean Walker is not only intelligent and a gifted drummer but he is the hottie maths teacher work
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Before the Dawn
  • On a Wednesday (One Week, #2)
  • Untitled (Devious Minds, #2)
  • Pen vs. Sword
  • Bet You Can't (Unlikely, #1)
  • Down Too Deep (Dirty Deeds, #4)
  • Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
  • Risk Taker (It Takes Two, #3)
  • First Love Never Dies
  • One Last Ride (Second Chance, #3)
  • Hook Shot (Hook #3)
  • Curtain Call (CageVec Security, #1)
  • The Edge of Destiny (The Edge of Never, #3)
  • Untitled (Game On, #5)
  • The Slow Burn (Moonlight and Motor Oil #2)
  • Huge Deal (21 Wall Street, #3)
  • Release (Off Balance, #3)
  • Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Emma Chase writes contemporary romance filled with heat, humor and heart. Her stories are known for their clever banter, sexy, swoon-worthy moments, and hilariously authentic male POV’s. Emma’s novels have been translated in over twenty languages around the world.

Emma lives in New Jersey with her amazing husband, two awesome children, and two adorabl

Getting Some (2 books)
  • Getting Schooled (Getting Some, #1)