Start by marking “Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)” as Want to Read:
Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)

Getting Played

(Getting Some #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  8,696 ratings  ·  1,069 reviews
Dean Walker is all about keeping life simple. He's effortlessly talented and intelligent—spending his summers playing drums in the local band and the rest of the year teaching high school in the same Jersey town where he grew up. He likes his love life simple too, enjoying the commitment-free hook-ups his good looks and sexy charm have always made oh so easy.

Then he meets
Published October 8th 2019 by Emma Chase, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Getting Played, please sign up.
Emma Chase The audiobook is out now!! Ebook & print will be published Oct 8, 2019

·  8,696 ratings  ·  1,069 reviews

Start your review of Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
Aug 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
🎧 2nd Read, Oct. 2021 — 3.75 Stars
📚 1st Read, Aug. 2020 — 4.5 Stars

This was sooo good, and I wanna be Lainey Burrows when I grow up.

✓ Lifestyle blogger
✓ Social media famous
✓ Cool mom

In other words, a superwoman. 💁‍♀️ Well, except maybe the part about her getting knocked up from a ONS (which btw I don’t think is a stupid mistake and more like . . . fate since they used protection) cause my parents would disown me if that happened.

The best things in life always come along when we’re not lo
Emma Chase
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Now LIVE in audio, ebook & print!!

Apple Books: https://apple.co/2uV5cv7
Kindle: https://amzn.to/2VYHfTq
Nook: http://bit.ly/2VzvVZT
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2X1JdhM
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2IqcPkU
Paperback: https://amzn.to/3113dUi
Audible: https://adbl.co/2kxJ5ct

Getting Played is a hot and heartwarming romance - Dean & Lainey are completely adorable and funny - and I'm SO excited to share this story with you!! Get ready for the smiles & swoons!!

“I can do this all night,” I tell her as she laughs. “I
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

THEMES & TROPES: small town romance
RATING: 5 stars
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

I love everything Emma Chase. She writes the funniest, sweetest, most lovable characters. GETTING PLAYED is #2 in the Getting Some series and just as good as (or maybe even better than) GETTING SCHOOLED. She always, ALWAYS hits the spot for me.

De
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
I want to be her everything. Because somewhere along the line—Lainey, Jason, our baby—that’s what they’ve become to me. Everything.

You GUYS.
*flails happily*
GUYS.
*laughs giddily*
GUYS!!!!
*sighs dreamily*

I am on book cloud nine right now. This is just one of those swoony, lighthearted, and feel good romances that's guaranteed to put a smile on your face and butterflies in your tummy. It's ice cream on a hot summer day. It's a cozy sweater and a fireplace on a cold winter day. I
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

She sighs into my mouth when I press my lips against hers, stroking the hot cavern of her mouth with my tongue. And there’s a blissful relief in having her in my arms again—after all this time—feeling her against me. Good and right and mine. It’s a perfect space of bliss and pleasure carved out for just the two of us that I never ever want to leave.

This is the reason why Emma Chase has remained one of my most beloved authors for the past sev
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
5 STARS

I'm in love with this story and the narrators, they make me feel like I'm a part of this story!The Getting Some series is one of my favorites, I loved the first book and I adored Getting Played!Emma Chase for one more time delivers a super hot,heartwarming and sweet romance!

description

The storyline was refreshing and addictive.The characters rocked this story, I loved Dean and Lainey so much!Their connection was something else.They were romantic,intense and sweet with passion!They have so great mo
Diana
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this sweet, low angst read with very likable characters.

Lainey Burrows, a single Mom, was enjoying a night out with her sister at a bar. She caught the eye of the hot drummer, Dean. Who would have thought after one night together, their lives would be changed forever.

I listened to the audiobook, and Andi Arndt and Zachary Webber were absolutely perfect.
Highly recommend!
Antonella
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I really don't have much to say about this book except to pick it up.
Maybe just to say that Emma Chase as usual writes great male pov.
Audio version was pure perfection!!
Funny, light, enjoyable, cute, freaking adorable....READ IT!! LISTEN TO IT!!

ADD THIS AS YOU SUMMER/VACATION READ!!!

4,5 STARS

I am sick and tired of these assholes rating books they haven't read...and more often then not these books don't even have a blurb or cover....
What is wrong with these readers?!

Hulya Kara Yuksel
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Of course I loved it. This is Emma Chase, helloooooo! :D

I listened the audiobook! :)

AJ
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 fantastic stars!

Getting Schooled was my #1 favourite read last year, and ever since I heard that Emma Chase was going to make it into a series, Getting Played was my most anticipated read of this year. I dropped everything the moment this audiobook dropped onto my phone, and it did not disappoint!

We are taken back to the town of Lakeside, this time for the story of Dean – best friend of Garrett from book #1. Dean is the math teacher and assistant football coach at the same high school that he
Amy | Foxy Blogs
YEP! YEP! YEP!!! This book hits the spot! I fell in love with these characters!

Lainey is a single mom who has a teenage son. This mother-son duo is both sweet and endearing.

Lainey comes from a big family - all girls. While out with one of her sisters Lainey meets one of the sexiest drummer ever, Dean. He's playing in a band that is sort of low key. Only during the summer months does the band perform.

A scorching hot one-night stand leaves these two wishing they had exchanged numbers. Unfortun
Natalie  ~ The Biblioholic
It's been a few years since I've read a book by Emma Chase and I had almost forgotten how beautifully charming her writing was. Almost. Getting Played was a delightfully hilarious story about how a one night stand turned into forever and I LOVED it!!

Check out a sample: https://soundcloud.com/audible/gettin...

Lainey was a single mom of an incredible teenage boy. She was a lifestyle blogger and after landing a big deal, she was out celebrating. She couldn't tear her eyes off of the drummer playing
Wendys Wycked Words
Such a fun and sweet read. Just what I needed. I havent read the first book in this series, but you can bet your ass I will go back and fix that grave error.

I laughed my ass off reading this one and I think Lainey and Dean were absolutely perfect together. Not to mention Jason...what an awesome kid.

This book was all kinds of fluffy goodness and I can't wait for more. I am gonna keep a close eye on this author. I just have one important question....which I hope someone will be able to answer fo
Alex ♈
Jun 13, 2019 marked it as how-about-never
Getting pregnant by a guy, who enjoys commitment-free hook-ups sounds like a sure STD..., but what do I know?... 🙄
Dilek VT
Oct 01, 2019 marked it as never-no-way
She gets pregnant from her one-night stand, the silly woman, and the blurb calls this event "the most unexpected twist of all"...

Stacey
If I could turn back time...

I'm pretty happy with my life now but a few years ago, I couldn't help but over-analyse all my past bad decisions. If I could turn back time and give myself a bit of advice, I wouldn't be going back to right my wrongs, I'd be going back to tell myself to look forward.

Pretty philosophical, hey?

I guess I just couldn't help but feel sorry for the main characters in the story, Dean and Lainey and how they were pigeon-holed because of their past. Lainey for having a chil
Jacob Proffitt
Jul 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
This is second in a series. You don't need to read the first before this one, though knowing the characters is lovely. They aren't very intrusive or anything, so you're fine starting here.

So I was barreling along and at 75% I just died. I mean, things were going lovely. The setup is preposterous and a little forced, but I like to give a book its premise and this one is premised on them having a fling that results in a pregnancy. I liked how their reactions highlighted the characters' inner lands
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars 🌟
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5 'Life is full of surprises' Stars!
ARC provided by the author via Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review.

I am in looooove with this series! Emma Chase keeps killing it with these sexy small town stories and she definitely did not disappoint with Getting Played. This book is just as good as the first one in the series but still unique in its own way. I mean, a hot math’s professor / drummer falling for a single mom / lifestyle blogger? I was all over it from the very first page to
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

I freely admit that I’ve got a huge appetite for single parent romances, and Getting Played is the crème de la crème. Emma Chase is my go-to author for romantic comedy, so I’m not surprised that she delivers once again in a big way.

Lainey and Dean’s unexpected reunion brings nothing but joy. There is just something about a person finding love for the second or even the first time after handling the challenges of parenting alone that makes my tender heart melt.

It would be easy to paint
Sabrina
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Getting Played was an incredibly fun story to read. I loved the heated moments between Lainey and Dean but honestly what made this book so enjoyable were the lighthearted and real moments between them. It wasn't all an easy romance and they had a lot they needed to work through but I loved seeing that. It made them so easy to connect to and had me rooting for them.

It was also really fun to see Dean in his different parts of his life. He was introduced as this easy
Syndi
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Now who does not want a Dean to ourselves? He is that perfect partner. Dean is a confident, caring, sweet and vulnerable hero. I always have soft spot for vulnerable hero. He is awesome. I want a Dean for myself.

It is a very very sweet, fun romance story. Even there is no major drama/ plot/ twist, somehow Dean entertains us all with his sweetness. Miss Chase done it again giving us that perfect hero we all craves in a rom com book. I remember I have a fond memory reading the first book on this
My Pink Fairytales
“Supercalifragilisticexpiali-fuck me, Dean”

Ok, so here’s the thing. I’ve recently noticed that after 800 books read so far, i’m not willing to give my 5⭐️ as easily as I might have done in the past. As we all know, ratings and reviews are entirely subjective, so here’s why Getting Played was perfect for me.

Reason #1: humour. It made me feel soooo good, I laughed out loud many times, I giggled and chuckled, grinned, smirked and smiled through out the entire thing.
Example:

“But I’m put

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “A Perfect Audible” Stars

Want to listen to a story that will make you laugh, smile, sigh and blush? Than look no further than Getting Played. A sweet romantic story of finding love when you least expect it.

Hands down there is nothing better than an Emma Chase hero. He’s the best ever. The perfect part of arrogance, filled with a sarcastic funny side. But he’s also caring, loving, passionate, humorous, and sprinkled with a side of vulnerability. Dean Walker fit the bill perfectly. And not to fo
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description

‘I want to be her everything. Because somewhere along the line, that’s what Lainey’s become to me. Everything.’

We’ve been chomping at the bit for this book, desperately looking forward to returning to Lakeside, New Jersey to meet the girl who puts Garrett’s (from Getting Schooled Book #1) best mate, the drum playing, nerdy hot teacher, Dean Walker on his arse! Well, what a hit! We fell in love with everything about this story! The sexiness, the banter, the swoon, the characters and of course, De
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

Lainey goes out with her sister to celebrate her blog signing a one year contract with Facebook. At the bar she meets sexy drummer Dean and after hours of talking they spend the night together. They part the next day and weeks later Lainey moves to Lakeside only to shockingly realize she's pregnant. Unable to find Dean she decides to have her baby. Imagine her surprise when she goes to a Parent/Teacher meeting and finds that her son's teacher is none other than her sexy ONS drummer
Penny
emma chase always writes the best kids 😭
Penny (semi-hiatus)
Emma Chase can't disappoint me. Even though her stories are simple and light I have loved all of them so far.

This was cute, sweet and funny with really likeable MCs and side ones. I enjoyed every minute I spent reading it and I'll definitely read the next book in the series which is about Connor who I think is going to be a great character.

I'm not sure how to rate it, while I had a great time reading it it wasn't that special so I'm torn between 3 and 4 stars. I think I was generous when I rated

Malene
Getting Played is book 2 in the Getting Some series but can easily be read as a stand-alone. A one night stand that results in a surprise pregnancy. It’s been awhile since I’ve read this trope but thanks to the fabulous characters, which I was introduced to in book 1, I enjoyed it very much.

Lainey and Dean’s first meeting really set the tone for their chemistry and I was all in. Their night filled with laughter, communication and amazing sex. So good.
I really liked both characters along with L
Sophie's Reading Corner
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS

“If Dean Walker ever really fell for someone, he would be so much better than good- he’d be incredible at it.”

One night Lainey goes out to celebrate a recent success of her career and she meets a hot guy in a bar. There’s instant lust and they both hit it on immediately, having a one-night stand, something that our heroine isn’t used to doing. However, the next morning she says goodbye and goes her own way.

And guess what? Lainey finds out that she’s expecting a child and s

• We Own Tonight (Second Time Around, #1)
  • Not Until You (Second Time Around, #3)
  • If I Only Knew (Second Time Around, #4)
  • Unzipped (Lucky in Love #4)
  • One Last Time (Second Time Around, #2)
  • Well Played
  • Hitched: Volume One (Imperfect Love, #1)
  • Instant Gratification (Always Satisfied #3)
  • The Fix Up (Imperfect Love #4)
  • The Second Chance Plan (Caught Up In Love, #3)
  • Hitched: Volume Two (Imperfect Love, #2)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Always Satisfied #1)
  • Hitched: Volume Three (Imperfect Love, #3)
  • Dear Heart, I Hate You
  • Seatmate (Love Lines, #3)
  • Never Date Your Best Friend (Never Date #4)
  • Never Date Your Enemy (Never Date #5)
  • Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied #2)
See top shelves…
Emma Chase is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of romance filled with humor, heat and heart. Her books have been published in over 20 languages and the film adaptation of Tangled, Emma's iconic enemies-to-lovers rom-com, was recently released by Passionflix.
Emma lives happily-ever-after in New Jersey with her husband, two children, and two adorable, misbehaving dogs.

Getting Some (3 books)
  • Getting Schooled (Getting Some, #1)
  • Getting Real (Getting Some, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Some people love books. Some people fall in love. And some people fall in love with books about falling in love. Every month our team takes a...
“Everybody knows the best way to get the big head straightened out is to get the little head some action—Confucius said something very similar.” 0 likes