Start by marking “His Truth” as Want to Read:
His Truth

His Truth

They were only kids when they met for the first time. Leo Mancini was the son of a judge. Roman Cipriani the son of a criminal. So different, yet as they shared stolen kisses and secret moments, they fell in love. One day they would run away together, have the future they deserved, because no one loved Leo like Roman did, or Roman like Leo did. But before they could make t ...more
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 204 pages
Published March 27th 2018 by Riley Hart

To ask other readers questions about His Truth, please sign up.

Wendy
Smut Fanatics: Laura’s Review of A Reason to Breathe by C.P. Smit...

The blurb for this book had me really intrigued, so I was very excited to start this one. Thankfully my excitement was justified. I really enjoyed reading this one, though I have to say that it was pretty emotional at times.

This is a "second chance" romance, which is one of my favorite tropes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=second chance romance gif

Leo and Roman are still kids (16), when they first meet. Very much opposites, bad boy meets rich kid. And we all know what they say about opposites https://www.google.com/search?q=emoticons

There is nothing othing sweeter than young love.....

......
Dia
4,5 stars

I loved this one so much even if it wrecked my heart! But these are my favorite stories. Those that make me feel the character's pain.

I've read it in on sitting and I couldn't put it down. I've highlighted a lot too. It's one of my favorites from Riley Hart.

Roman and Leo. They were perfect together. They were in love when they were only 16. Leo was the son of a judge who often put Roman's dad under bars.
They were different as night and day. But there was something about their need of
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This book was too much for me: angsty, traumatic, and so fucking sad. I need more joy and light.

The ending is a HEA, a rather bleak HEA, but it's about what I expected.

Roman's horrifying past, his self hatred, and Leo's seemingly carefree attitude, which masks a world of fear and insecurity . . . it all added up to a very emotionally heavy story.

Maybe it was my mood, as I'm definitely in the minority, but I was glad to turn the last page.
Christelle
An angsty but hopeful romance with an opposite attract and second chance trope. And full of hotness as Riley Hart can deliver.

Roman and Leo were total opposite when they grew up, but still : they fell in love when teens until brutal events separated them. Fast forward 12 years later : life changed them and when they stumble on each other, they can’t let it pass : they need to face their past and present to get over the anger and fear and loneliness and find “their truth”.

It’s raw, ugly but also
CrabbyPatty

Get your tissues ready, because this book is heart-wrenching to the nth degree. Eventually, life-affirming, yeah ... but heart-wrenching. You.Have.Been.Warned.

The mind does amazing things to keep itself sane and intact, and in Roman's case it caused him to forget and deny his first (and only) love Leo and to repress his sexuality. The two boys fall in love when they were 16, and they dream of a life together away from their families, but life isn't always a fairy tale ... and is often a nightmar
Cadiva
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh lordy this book. I think it's possibly the most emotionally demanding second chance romance I've read. It takes your heart and squeezes it so tight you think you'll never feel a beat again.

The trauma Roman locked away so he could move on with his life while just a teenager is as heavy as a load of bricks landing on your shoulders. That he managed to move beyond his father and brother's actions and be a successful businessman is testament to his inner strength.

I fell for Roman so hard, but the
Elsa Bravante
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
No soy muy fan de Riley Hart, extraño porque sí lo soy de su otro alter ego, Nyrae Dawn xD.
No tenía muchas expectativas puestas en este libro, pero buenas críticas y el hecho de estar en el KU me animaron a leerlo. Ha sido mucho mejor de lo que esperaba, second chances y enemies to lovers, con pasados complicados, muchos sentimientos y buenas escenas de sexo. Dos protagonistas que se complementan y un viaje interior, fundamentalmente de uno de ellos, para conocerse a sí mismo.

Recomendable. Agra
Bev
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really liked this one, it certainly got me right in the feels. I love a second chance romance and this one was right up my street. MM, second chance after a long seperation and issues that are dealt with rather than being swept away.

Sanaa Z.
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

"...We are who we are. We create our own destiny, not anyone else."

From the prologue to the very end of the book, I had tears in my eyes. This book was heartbreaking to say the least. When I look at what makes a good book, I think one of the reasons is that it has the ability to make me feel.

And this hit the mark on so many levels.

It had everything I look in a book but it also had a realness to it that made you connect to the story itself and the characters.

"How much money
Chris
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, favorites
Beautiful, painful and heartbreaking- all the feels in this book. Joy and pain. These two beautiful souls trying to move forward but desperately stuck in the past. I loved that the his story focused purely on the emotional journey rather than the mundane day to say stuff. This was both carefully and cleverly written. This is not for the faint of heart and there are a few triggers here - but stunning none the less ❤ ...more
Melissa
This story didn't work for me. I skipped a lot and am glad it's over. I never looked forward to hitting the play button and would pick other things over this book. I don't know if me and this author are a good match. :/
Amanda
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it

According to the foreward, this book had been in the back burner for years before the author finally published it. I'm glad she did as I think every story deserved to be told to the world. This is quite an angsty read and the multiple flashbacks are making me rage. I usually don't mind reading about horrible past, but I prefer it was all done in the beginning. Here, I was subjected to the frequent flashback that makes me rage over and over again.

Roman and Leo, two teenagers from very d
haletostilinski
4.25 stars!

This was a solid installment from Riley Hart, and a beautifully told story. After my last read by Riley Hart, which didn't go well, I was happy to get back what I love about her writing in this story. It felt a tad angstier than what she usually does and she handled it well. I think getting actual professionals to look over it and give her tips and so on really helped.

I thought for a little bit that it went from Roman being not okay to okay pretty quickly, but then the further the st
Steph ☀️
#truth

That was good! I’m stuck between a 4 and 4.5 right now. While the story was wonderful, I didn’t find it as emotional as I thought it would be given the subject matter. Most likely it’s just me and thinking it was going to be ‘darker’ than what it was. Overall, it was a good book, full of love, growth and dirty talk :)
blue night
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
I think Riley hart just isn’t for me. This book was bizarrely claustrophobic and lopsided. I gave it 2 stars because I skimmed thru to the end to see what happened.
David Alexander
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hart
~4.5 Stars
Catherine
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m sorry you spent the last twelve fucking years lying to yourself, but I’ll be damned before I let you walk out of this apartment without reminding you. - Leo Mancini

This is the sort of story that makes you want to weep for what might have been. If Antony hadn't seen them, if their parents had been different, if they had been older. It's Beautifully written. Tormenting, angry and oh so slow to give the reader detail. Due to not only the M/M relationship but the levels of internalised homophob

Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
5 ++ Stars!

Roman and Leo meet when they are 16 years-old. Roman and Leo’s fathers come from the same poor, crime-ridden neighborhood, but while Roman’s father stayed and embraced the life of drugs and crime, Leo’s father pulled himself up from nothing to become a powerful criminal judge. The two men do still have one thing in common though, they are both abusive to their sons, just in different ways.

While Leo’s father provided him with anything he needed or wanted financially, he was neglectful
Chris Kottner-Kirschner
Leo Mancini und Roman Cipriani kommen aus unterschiedlichen Welten und finden sich für einen kurzen, friedvollen Moment. Doch die Blase ihrer ersten Liebe, ihrer Entdeckungen und des Vertrauens platzt. Für zwölf Jahre trennen sich ihre Wege. Schmerz, Wut, Vertrauensbruch und Konfusion sind ihre Begleiter. Da begegnen sie sich als Erwachsene wieder. Doch sie sind nicht mehr die Jungen, die noch Hoffnungen hatten.

Leo, der aus gutem Hause stammt, arbeitet inzwischen als Barkeeper und Kellner in ein
Joyfully Jay
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

I have read many books by Riley Hart and this was one of the better ones for me. I liked the intensity of the relationship between Leo and Roman and how they were inevitable. Both men have lots of issues. With Leo it was his family. His father expected Leo to follow in his footsteps no matter what it was that Leo wanted. He never would have permitted Leo to spend time with Roman, let alone accept that they were having a relationship. After the demise of that rela
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)

Oh Roman! My heart breaks for you! This book is not just a second chance romance, it is an awakening. An acceptance for who we are and who we are meant to be. A feeling that we can be ok in our own skin.

Roman and Leo knew each other as teens and were very much in love. After tragic events occur, they part ways only to bump into each other years later.

Roman is a truly broken man. And God bless Leo for not only seeing that in him but also giving him the support to work things out in his
Lois
I think this was the best Riley Hart book. I've read a few and there's always been something a little off for me in her stories. But this one was good. Maybe it's because this one took a while for her to write. It wasn't rushed.
Ele
Jun 01, 2018 added it
Shelves: i-rest-my-case
DNF @30%.
BR11
Riley Hart doesn’t disappoint with His Truth. I liked their story. It was sweet and meant to be. Roman’s struggle broke my heart.
Recommend!
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Note: possible triggers—violence and homophobia

This is a tough story for me to review as it’s very good but loaded with emotional turmoil, and angst, which is one of my least favorite themes. Plus, one of the MCs was so emotionally damaged as a teen that it’s affected his adult behavior, and he’s a difficult character to like.

When they were teens, Roman and Leo were exploring their sexuality as they fell in love. Neither had what could be termed a good home life: Leo’s wealthy parents were emot
Serra ᵔ·͈༝·͈ᵔ
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story took me on such an emotional journey. It was both heartwrenching and comforting, both tragic and hopeful.

The innocence of Leo and Roman’s love as teenagers was so touching, they were so devoted to each other despite all odds. I was gutted by the pain they went through, how they were torn apart. Even when they found each other again, I kept thinking of their lost years, mourning all that time they could have had, all the while enjoying them rediscovering one another.

It was really int
Candice
You know when you start a book and you just KNOW you're going to love it? Yeah, that's what happened to me in the Prologue.

The Prologue sucked me in and I already started to cry. I basically didn't stop crying until the end.

Roman and Leo, Leo and Roman. GAH! These two killed me, especially Roman. Leo was just angry and I think at the world. I wanted to see more of his family interactions though, mostly with his dad. I wanted to see how that played out.

I did think that this happened at lightnin
Dawn
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
The story Riley Hart held on to for years is finally here and what a beautiful journey with such an insightful message.

The message I got from this book was acceptance. Being happy with who you are, what you’ve become and the person you were meant to be. Riley brought this across incredibly. Being your true self is not shameful. How these two characters came back together and reconnected was truly remarkable.

But it took awhile for Roman to get there. After a very traumatic event in his childhood
Darina
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, mm
Внезапно понравилось. Первый раз с этим автором у меня не было ощущения, что книга написана за пару часов на коленке. Хотелось больше флэшбеков и и какого-либо действия, не касающегося отношений главных героев, но, в целом, очень неплохо. Я даже прослезилась на эпилоге.
Sumire
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
oh my heart! it shattered but brought back to pieces again by Leo and Roman...

I'm not much of an "angst in my romance" reader but I just can't put this book down!
I'm glad I did read this story.

Now Ms.Riley Hart, please give us a happy and mushy His Truth #1.5, where Leo and Roman will have the best HEA and puppies... or kittens... ;)
  • Anthony (Survivor Stories, #4)
  • Pieces of Me (Spectrum Nights #1)
  • Becoming Kerry
  • Winter Cowboy (Whisper Ridge, Wyoming, #1)
  • Intervention
  • Someone To Hear Me
  • Crush (The House on Glass Beach #1)
  • Strong Medicine
  • Beckoning Blood (Bonds of Blood #1)
  • Counting Daisies (Counting #1)
  • Prince of Faith (An Uncommon Whore, #3)
  • The Cost of Loving (Unconditional Love, #2)
  • Honor C
  • Hidden Love (The Hidden Series, #4)
  • Bootleg Diva: Confessions of a Quarterback Princess by Levi Brody (Southern Scrimmage, #4)
  • Smitty's Sheriff (Hope, #3)
Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for everyday.
“Roman. He’d seen Roman tonight. The first boy he’d ever kissed. The first person who knew he was gay.” 1 likes