Start by marking “The Beast of Brenton Woods” as Want to Read:
The Beast of Brenton Woods

The Beast of Brenton Woods

From the author of Paradise, Maine (out now on Kindle Unlimited)

Some legends never die....

The White Wolf, the Beast of Brenton Woods, a legendary creature said to walk like a man. When the full moon rises, it will feast.

Unseen for years, truth has turned to rumor, mere folklore. Until something lures the monster from exile, calling it home.
For Tyler and Ben, a firsthand
Published June 19th 2018 by Alien Agenda Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Beast of Brenton Woods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beast of Brenton Woods

Bark (2 Dumb 2 Read Blurbs)
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-fiction, horror
There is a werewolf on the loose and he’s got murder, food and procreating on the brain!

If you want a fast paced, action-packed, blood-soaked read and are sick and tired of watered down monsters you should give this one a go. I think you will be very satisfied. There are a few people who accidentally get in his path but, for the most part, his victims are no big loss to society.

This story is more than just people eating fun though and that’s why I liked it. There’s some good characterization, re
Sadie Hartmann Mother Horror
Review originally in the Holiday issue of Scream Magazine, 2018

There aren’t nearly enough werewolf novels out there. I mean, that probably depends on where you’re looking because I’ve Tweeted this very statement before and I was told that there are more than enough werewolf novels on Amazon in the “self published” arena but who has time to push aside the weeds to find the treasures?
That’s why I’m only too happy to review The Beast of Brenton Woods for Scream fans. Werewolf stories are full of so
Kimberly
3.5 stars!

THE BEAST OF BRENTON WOODS is the first novel I have read by author Jackson Thomas. Years before, this town had whispers of a "white wolf" that terrorized the town. In the present day, most think of them as mere stories told to scare the local youth. However, for some, Susan Cutter, her thirteen year-old son, Ben, the new Sheriff Decker, and teenagers Johnny, Wendy, and Bryan, the tales are about to come alive.

". . . the existence of a werewolf changed her concepts of what was and wha
Michael Hicks
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
There's something in the woods - white furred and enormous, with an insatiable appetite for violence...and revenge. The beast of Brenton Woods has a score to settle, and lots of blood to spill. Standing in its way, though, is an adolescent boy, his mother, and a local deputy, each of whom are ensnared in the search for this monster, and who are intent on uncovering its secrets, and possibly hiding a few of their own.

Jackson R. Thomas has crafted a really fun debut with The Beast of Brenton Woods
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary
The Beast of Brenton Woods’ broke the streak of stink that I had been on with books. For that I am very grateful. I was also pleasantly surprised because I’m not a huge werewolf fan, and still enjoyed it. I think this was due to the streamlined writing that constantly moved the story forward. (The people dying what felt like every twenty pages or so definitely helped.) It was a mindless read that I blew through quickly.

‘The Beast of Brenton Woods’ is action-packed, gory fun that stayed just this
April Showers Bring Fungi From Yuggoth
Review: THE BEAST OF BRENTON WOODS by Jackson R. Thomas

A finely-tuned coming of age tale ensconced in the setting of a paranormal novel, THE BEAST OF BRENTON WOODS is a deep and engrossing read. Beware the White Wolf; beware also the monsters that walk as men, who don't shapeshift but whose cores are evil (yes, more than one). Tyler and Ben are 13; Jimmy, his sister Wendy, and best friend Bryan, are 23. Yet all experience "coming of age" tribulations during the short time span of this novel, and
Glenn Rolfe
We here at Alien Agenda Publishing our psyched to see the early love for the first book in our Summer of Horror series.
Here's what the people are saying:

"A fantastic werewolf story."
"It had me making sure my door was locked!"
"Keeps you on the edge of your seat to the very last page!"
"Could have been a good book had the author used respectable language"
"A rarity to find a good werewolf novel that's actually horror and true to the genre. A really great read!"
"One of my top reads for 2018."
"Edge-
Sherry Fundin
Secrets refuse to remain buried and watch out for what character becomes your favorite because he has no problem killing them off in a wickedly brutal, savage way…A claw here, a bite there and I hope it gets that bag of shit Kenny.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Beast of Brenton Woods by Jackson R Thomas.

See more at fundinmental
Ken McKinley
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, own-kindle
Jackson R. Thomas's debut comes to us in the form of a small-town werewolf yarn, The Beast of Brenton Woods. As far as debuts go, it's a decent one, but the Beast also has a few fleas that I would like to see removed. Bodies are starting to show up again in Brenton Woods after many years of tranquility. Legend has it that the last time this happened in the mid-1980s, a white wolf was responsible. And just like that, the wolf disappeared. Now 13 year-olds Ben and Tyler have seen it. So have early ...more
Mindi
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This ARC was sent to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

While reading this book I realized that I haven't really read any werewolf fiction! That needs to change. There are a few books that I'm eager to read, and this one makes me excited to continue to read stories with werewolf mythology. It's a part of the horror genre that I have somehow missed, and I'm excited to read more stories that focus on this particular creature from folklore.

Everyone knows about the legend of Brent
Catherine Cavendish
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At last! A proper werewolf story. It’s got it all. It’s edge of the seat scary, unpredictable, and there is nothing sparkly about this werewolf. He has no conscience. No kind heart lurking beneath the hairy exterior. No, this wolfman is pure, unadulterated evil.

He is the stuff of myth and legend, as Brenton Woods have long been rumoured to be haunted by a fearsome white wolf. Now, the myth is about to become all too real. Enter Tyler and Ben. They know the folklore but to encounter this creature
Emily
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
"He would unleash hell. He let the image of blood, tears, and pain coax him on."

I buddy read The Beast of Brenton Woods the other day with Lilyn from Sci-fi and Scary. This book had some fun ideas, and if you need a quick & gory creature feature, this one is for you.

I keep picking up werewolf books hoping for something different. I still have yet to find one that I really feel stands out from other werewolf stories. That doesn't mean that this book is bad at all; I just wanted a little some
Sheri
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
If there were such a thing as a 3.75 rating-that is what I’d choose. Since this book deserved more than a 3star rating, I rounded up. There were some parts of this book I really enjoyed & just a few I could’ve done without. This being my first read by Jackson Thomas, I can easily say that I am interested in reading more of his work. I’m thankful & lucky that a friend recommended The Beast of Brenton Woods to me.

I especially liked the characters Wendy, her brother Jimmy, & their close
Kaisersoze
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Debuts are always a bit of a crap-shoot. You pick up a book on the basis of some decent reviews, or a striking cover and blurb, or perhaps even because (as in this case) you're offered a sample copy for review. You're hoping it will be good, but only readers inherently far more optimistic than I believe that will be the case.

So I was very pleasantly surprised by new author Jackson R Thomas' The Beast of Brenton Woods. It follows a series of attacks on members of a small town which quickly seem t
Frank Errington
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review copy

This is the first book I've ever read by Jackson R. Thomas and I'm already looking forward to more. It's no secret what The Beast of Brenton Woods is about. Just look at that cover.

It's been a while since I've been able to sink my teeth into a werewolf story and this one has plenty of blood, guts, and bone-crunching action.

With a nod to horror writers who came before him, Jackson R. Thomas acknowledges the likes of Jack Ketchum, Gord Rollo, Edward Lee, and Stephen King, through his ch
Tim
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Beast of Brenton Woods is a fast paced Werewolf novel that I really enjoyed. I’m not sure if this is a short novel or a novella but even though the story is short, I felt that the story was complete and not rushed. There was plenty of gore and action in this story and the pace was great. The characters were well created and I was invested in their fate. I loved that the character that I thought would be the main one wasn’t. Overall this was a fun Werewolf story that I enjoyed. I recommend it ...more
MJ miranda_c_rites
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
For me, The Beast of Brenton Woods was interesting and a lot of fun.
Obviously, we are dealing with a werewolf, but it’s a white wolf, which I thought was really cool.
I also liked how the female characters were strong and independent, not playing the damsels in distress.

I’d like to see a sequel.
I’d like to know more about the futures of Ben and Wendy. I wasn’t left without answers, but I think it’d be great to see how those characters handled their situations.

Thanks a million to AAP for the
Karen Bullock
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
As the bodies pile up, the dark secrets of the past slowly edge forward, leaving all gasping in fright. Excellent descriptive details, a good grouping of characters made this an entertaining horror read. Great for fans of horror/paranormal & werewolves.
John Bender
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aroooooooooo! The Summer of Horror is here! Up until this point, Alien Agenda Publishing has consisted of solid novels from its head honcho, Glenn Rolfe. The dynamic changes with Alien Agenda’s first release from another author, Jackson R. Thomas.  THE BEAST OF BRENTON WOODS is the kickoff release for Alien Agenda’s busy summer, which will also see releases from Mick Ridgewell, Dave Bernstein, and more.

This review won’t be one of my standard ones. Normally I dive right into the plot and assume y
Angela Crawford
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Beast of Brenton Woods is a fantastic werewolf story that will leave you panting for more! The heart pounding action starts at the very beginning and doesn’t let up until the very end. This book had me saying ‘Just one more chapter,,,’ until the wee hours of the morning. I had to know what would happen to Ben, Deputy Kathy Wilcox, Wendy, Johnny, and Bryan as they searched for the truth about the Beast. The Beast itself was a great villain, evil and relentless in its pursuit of our heroes. Th ...more
Steve Stred
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*** Edited as review now live on Kendall Reviews! ***

4.5/5

If you’ve read any of my recent reviews or followed me on my various social media accounts, you will know how much I love Werewolf tales.

The Beast of Brenton Woods does not disappoint for fellow Lycanthrope fans! This tale from Jackson R. Thomas bristles with full moon energy and never once let’s up, as it builds and builds from chapter to chapter.

The story follows three main groups of characters; Tyler and Ben, two pre-teens who had an e
Elle Lewis
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This book delivered! I did find it a little lacking on world building & character development, the book was more plot driven instead of character driven. However, it gave me what I wanted, which was a book about a ferocious beast! The werewolf appears on page one, and by page twenty he has already ripped through several poor souls. Talk about fast paced! If you love monsters, this is a must read! I thoroughly enjoyed my literary encounter with the White Wolf of Brenton Woods. It takes place ...more
Brian Fatah Steele
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
I tore through this book in two sittings, less than 24 hours. An absolutely riveting read, full of believable characters and flowing gore. Terrific werewolf terror that is contemporary in pace and vision, but with a perfect nod to pulp classics. Highly recommend for anyone looking for an entertaining, bloody, horror novel.
Nikki (Spine Tinglers)
I love a good creature feature. There’s something about a seemingly otherworldly being—something powerful, ravenous, and disconcerting—that just makes for a good antagonist. Motives aren’t always clear, but the action and intrigue are sure to be ever-present.

The Beast of Brenton Woods by Jackson R. Thomas delivers exactly that. From the first few pages, rife with fast-paced adventure and page-turning carnage, I knew I had a fun and wild ride in my hands. To quickly summarize, this story follows
Cedar Hollow Horror Reviews
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it

Jackson R. Thomas gets things going in a hurry. There's tons of blood, gore, and mayhem. Flesh is ripped and torn apart. Blood pours from the pages. The werewolf hasn't been seen for years. Over time, the creature is becomes a local legend, mere folklore. All that changes for the residents of Coopers Mills.

Thomas gets things going in the first chapter, folks! I'm tal
Kim Napolitano
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Werewolf in Maine!

I can not say enough about how awesome this story was! None stop action and scare and jump scenes where I literally yelled “No” and people would look at me. The best werewolf story ever! New, exciting and the ending.. what? No spoilers. I live in Maine where this story is placed and won’t look at my woods or the howl of coyotes the same again! This werewolf howl only in the book made me think about of American Werewolf in London howl! Creeps me out! Mayhem, dirty cops, family
Valerie
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good, fast paced creature feature story!! Good concept, easy reading, developed characters! The only thing that keep this from a 5 star rating was a few small inconsistencies, Ex:”slim, male, nude as the day he was born.” Few paragraphs later:”watched, terrified, as the man shed his clothes.” This was the same character! Doesn’t really distract from story but for me it’s a pet peeve! Want to read more from this author!
Debbi Smith
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Beast of B renton Woods has become one of my top reads for 2018.
I couldn't put it down once I started reading. The creepy cover catches the eye and it just gets better. It will remind you of the old school werewolf books that were meant to scare and have you jumping at every creak and bump. This one does.
If you only read one werewolf book this year make it this one!
I received a copy of this book from Alien Abduction publishing and chose to review it. Thank you Glen!
Pamela
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars actually. A good werewolf horror novel.
Josef Hernandez
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very good werewolf novel from a promising new publisher

For a full review, please go to https://areviewerdarkly.blogspot.com/... and follow me on Twitter @josenher
« previous 1 3 next »
Jackson R. Thomas has lived in Colorado, New York, and now resides in Coopers Mills, Maine with his cat, Gizmo.

He loathes social media, and has worked as a janitor, fast-food slave, record store clerk, and night auditor at an unnamed hotel on Route 1.

He loves horror books, horror films, and the band, Ministry.
“That’s okay, I don’t take requests or orders. I am free.” 0 likes