Start by marking “Aunt Lettuce, I Want to Peek Under Your Skirt” as Want to Read:
Aunt Lettuce, I Want to Peek Under Your Skirt

Aunt Lettuce, I Want to Peek Under Your Skirt

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
This provocative, playful collaboration between Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Simic and noted illustrator Michels is a saucy Valentine's treat.
Charles Simic, a leading light in the world of poetry, here turns his attention-and imagination -to Eros. Sensual and skillfully wrought, Simic's erotic poems are electrified by brilliantly graphic and lush illustrations by Howie Mic
Published February 14th 2005 by Bloomsbury USA

To ask other readers questions about Aunt Lettuce, I Want to Peek Under Your Skirt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aunt Lettuce, I Want to Peek Under Your Skirt

Keith Michael
Jul 19, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: poetry
Simic likes breasts, food, and food on breasts. One poem, "I'm crazy about her shrimp!", ended with this:

"I'm crazy about her shrimp!"
I shout to the gods above.

in the lines building up to this... climax, he talks about cooking shrimp, sex, and wine on naked tits. in another poem, he talks about tomato juice on naked tits. with a few edits, the "shrimp" poem could be worked into that episode of Seinfeld which has Kramer dancing around the room to tribal music. it all seems more apishly hedonisti
Jan 26, 2008 rated it liked it
I'm not really a big fan of poetry, but the title and book cover design intriqued me, so I gave it a shot. The book is very short, as are the poems themselves, and I suppose that works in the book's favor, as erotic poems become decidedly un-erotic when taken in too strong a dosage.

There are three or four nice poems, and the rest are at least passable. It would be an ideal book to take to the beach with one or two girls, next to a fire at night, drinking wine, passing the book between us, readi
Apr 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
Simic delivers lyrical images of sex and food.

These poems are texturally rich and conjure up pictures of "roundness" and "juicy" things. This collection includes illustrations. Rather than complement the works, I found them to be grotesque. Several of the poems include seafood, which I found unpalatable because of my personal dislike for seafood and shellfish (I'm also allergic). I'm not crazy about this collection but that's completely due to my personal tastes.
May 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Pretty well love this explicitly and whimsically illustrated collection spanning Simic's career. For Simic, the line dividing the sensuous life of the bedroom and the kitchen is thin and often absent.
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Erotica care of one of America's most acclaimed poets with some salacious and humorous drawings thrown in. It's a fun little book, especially the thematic links between food and sex, but overall I found it a little bit droll and was glad it was short.
Chris Schaeffer
Nov 05, 2011 rated it liked it
A pretty good sampling of Simic, actually.
Jun 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Naughty but nice.
Jul 20, 2012 rated it liked it
It is almost always a pleasure to listen to Glen's reading of poetry and this is no exception. Short, sweet and sexy what more could I want to hear at bedtime. C. Simic is a fun fellow to follow.
Cathryn Shea
Fun and sexy poetry.
Jason Ryberg
Jul 19, 2012
Amanda Davis
rated it did not like it
Aug 26, 2012
Jun 05, 2011
Aug 09, 2007
Christopher Russell
Oct 14, 2017
Charles Simic (born Dušan Simić) is a Serbian-American poet and the 15th Poet Laureate of the United States. He is co-Poetry Editor of the Paris Review. Simic is the 2007 recipient of the Wallace Stevens Award from the Academy of American Poets. This $100,000 (US) prize recognizes outstanding and proven mastery in the art of poetry.
More about Charles Simic...