Start by marking “Valentine Candy Murder (Valentine's Day Mysteries)” as Want to Read:
Valentine Candy Murder (Valentine's Day Mysteries)

Valentine Candy Murder (Valentine's Day Mysteries)

In these two beloved mysteries that have been previously published and now collected in one volume for the very first time, it’s Valentine’s Day in Tinker’s Cove, Maine—but when it comes to foul play, Pennysaver reporter Lucy Stone can’t sugar-coat the truth . . .

VALENTINE MURDER

Lucy has barely arrived at her first library board meeting when the new librarian is found d
Published December 18th 2018 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Valentine Candy Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Valentine Candy Murder

Mackey
I was looking for an interesting cosy for Valentine’s Day and happened upon The Valentine Candy Murder which will be published in December.

The Valentine Candy Murder is a compilation of two previously published works by Leslie Meier. She did something similar for Halloween and now we have this, two books in one. The first is Valentine Candy Murder in which a librarian is murdered shortly before a library board meeting. Newly appointed board member, Lucy, searches for answers when she believes th
Lorraine
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, cozy, mystery, netgalley
Thanks to NetGalley for an advance copy of this book.

This book is actually two previously published books. They are both good fun. In Valentine Murder, Lucy tries to find out who killed the new librarian in Tinker's Cove. In Chocolate Covered Murder, a new chocolate store in town has the town buying expensive treats, and the men enjoying the looks of the store clerk Tamzin. Both books describe the extreme cold of Maine winters. I do enjoy this series and will continue reading more.
Taryn
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
This was a wonderful combination of two mysteries, in the first one you are taken back to when Lucy's children were quite young. Lucy has just become a member of the library board and is looking forward to giving feedback. During her first meeting with the board, at the library, she discovers the body of the librarian. It looks like she was shot but who would do such a thing and why? The police are looking into all the board members and Lucy can't help but dig deeper into each of their backgroun ...more
Shalini
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is 2 in 1 kinda book, 2 previously published book brought together as one.

I have not read the series in line and I think I would have enjoyed the book more had I been following Lucy from book 1...

The stories had their own cosy charm as Leslie Meier's books do. There is amateur sleuthing along with vivid characters. The stories were well written and they kind of zap you into it.

Both the books are from different years of publication and different time frames, hence felt a wee bit odd.

On the
Betty
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, cozy-mystery, e-books
A couple of reprints from books written earlier for Valentine's day. The first one is the VALENTINE CANDY Lucy Stone has accepted a job on the Library Board of Directors. At her first meeting, Lucy finds the librarian Bitsy Howell shot in the library 's basement. Bitsy had a habit of noticing the books people checked of library gossip about the books with others. Detective Lt. Horowitz feels the Killer was among the patrons at the Library that day. Lucy decided to look for an answer to Bisty's d ...more
Kristina
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two entertaining Lucy Stone Valentine Mysteries. They are stories that have been published previously. They are well-written with delightful characters and steady pacing. The mysteries are not complicated, but I still enjoyed the stories. I will share my full review soon.
Siusan
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved reading these two Valentine themed Leslie Meier murder mysteries back to bak in Valentine Candy Murder. I really enjoyed the descriptions of the cold Maine winters and I think that added to the harshness of the murders. Lucy Stone is such a fun character who seems to lead a normal life but is whip smart and solves crimes on the side. Leslie Meier describes the scenes so that the reader feels like they’re standing next to Lucy. The description of the first murder scene in Choco ...more
The Cozy Review
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
VALENTINE MURDER
Lucy has arrived at her first ever library board meeting. Unfortunately, she finds the new librarian dead in the basement. The agitated group assumes Bitsy Howell was killed by an outsider—until Detective Lt. Horowitz announces that the killer is among them. Lucy knew that Bitsy rubbed some people the wrong way. But she has a hunch the murderous motives run a lot deeper. And as she snoops into the curious lifestyles and shocking secrets of Tinker’s Cove’s most solid citizens, wha
Diane Hernandez
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Two Lucy Stone novels, Valentine Murder #5 originally published in 1998 and Chocolate Covered Murder #18 originally published in 2012, are combined in Valentine Candy Murder.

Two weeks before Valentine’s Day, Lucy is attending her first library board meeting. When she goes to the basement looking for Bitsy, the librarian, she finds her shot dead. The police suspect the board members and Lucy investigates to remove her own name from suspicion in Valentine Murder.

Nine years later in Chocolate Cover
Jill
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 stars

It was alright. I was really pulled into from page one, it just quickly became too long. Good writing yet just too many random subplots and characters.
The premise was good, yet the overall story just could.not hold my Interest. I think this is one of those books that some will either really like it or not like at all. UN, I am I. The latter category.
Nicole
Leslie Meier's Valentine Candy Murder is a compilation of two previously released Lucy Stone cozy mysteries for readers to enjoy. The stories included are Valentine Murder and Chocolate Covered Murder, and both satisfied the sweet tooth of this candy loving cozy mystery enthusiast!

The very early Lucy Stone books are my favorite, and Valentine Murder is the 5th installment in this beloved series. Lucy Stone is the newest member of the Tinker's Cove library board and her first order of business is
Brenda
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lucy Stone novels # 6 (Valentine Murder) and # 20 (Chocolate Covered Murder) are combined in this book released under a new title makes for one long-lasting satisfying read.

In the first book, (#6), Lucy Stone is a freelance writer at the Pennysaver newspaper while raising four young children, the youngest in preschool three mornings a week. As the newly appointed Library Board member, Lucy becomes a murder suspect when she finds the body of librarian Bitsy Howell.
Threats to Lucy's family has her
Book Him Danno
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm not sure if the book is being republished or if it is suppose to feel dated. While it is a fun story languages, setting and lingo seemed to date the story pulling readers out of the story. It is two books in one story but for some reason they do not feel as if they are book 1 and 2 but more book 1 and maybe book 4 or 5.

The Toddler in book one is now a teen in the next book. Confusing YES!

Having never read this author before I can't say I am looking forward to reading anymore stories bu her.

T
Cozy Cat Reviews
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a delightful contemplation of two previously released valentines theme stories by Leslie Meier. i have read both before but enjoyed revisiting them prior to valentines day. i enjoy the author's writing and the way she crafts a good sleuth with substantial clues . The author writes here of Maine in winter time so descriptively you feel as if your visiting Maine. Lucy Stone is a favorite cozy protagonist who solves crimes while raising four kids and working. she is adapt well on her own as ...more
Janet Graham
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two Fast Moving Lucy Stone Cozy Mysteries
This book consists of Two Lucy Stone Cozy Mysteries: Valentine Murder and Chocolate Covered Murder. Both stories take place at Valentines, only about 10 years apart. Both stories are great! The crimes are interesting, the plot includes plenty of suspects and lots of motives. That makes for a very interesting book with lots of plot twists and no way for a reader to guess the culprit. These are the only books by this author that I have read. Now I want to
Kathleen Gray
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Two previously published cozies by the same author- a treat for Meier fans who want a stroll down memory lane but perhaps a bit confusing to new readers. Lucy Stone, Tinker's Cove, and the world have changed quite a bit between the first- number 6 in the series-and the second-number 20 in the series. That's not to say that Lucy's essence is different, just that she has matured as a person and a character. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. I appreciated the chance to take another look.
Kate
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a compilation of two earlier Lucy Stone books, one of which is so early (book #5) that I was surprised to find I hadn’t read it yet. Both are centered around Valentine’s Day and each show two sides of Lucy’s life- one when her kids are quite young and another when they are grown. I really enjoyed the books- they are as cozy as cozy mysteries get!
Teri Griffis
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Whether reading a new book or revisiting an older one, Leslie Meier never fails to keep you entertained. Lucy is a fantastic character that just cannot stay away from "trouble". Her stories are always very well written and entertaining. 📚
Barbara Tobey
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
An entertaining look at the recent past. So many changes in phone usage, computers, etc. A delightful family with Lucy leading the way to putting her family in peril while solving a murder mystery or two. I have enjoyed the author's more recent works and this was also quite enjoyable. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.
T Olsen
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
These books have good plots, very well written stories and great characters. They are very down-to-earth, like solving murder is on the daily to-do list, and they are a little too elaborate about the daily life. There are some logical flaws as well, but this is still good fiction.
Janet L.
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As always, great job by one of my favorite authors.
Sheri Hanrahan
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I really love the Lucy Stone series. I would definitely describe them as light reading but I have found each one to be a fun read.
Shari
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had read both of these before, (Valentine Murder and Chocolate Covered Murder) but they were both excellent additions to the series and it was nice to revisit them.
Arrington (agirlandher_books) Moore
A sweet cozy mystery for a cold day. Lucy Stone mysteries always end up making me happy. I love reading about her life and her town and the hunt she goes on when murders occur in her quaint oasis.

These two Valentine Mysteries packed together in one book make for a perfect back to back reading day.
I couldn't think of a better mystery to curl up and read on a cold and dreary day! Lucy's life is so fun to read about and how she stumbles about solving crimes makes it even better.

What a great book
Sara James
Jan 18, 2019
Jill
Dec 23, 2018
Smitten
This book includes two older stories in the Lucy Stone series combined into one volume. Each book takes place around Valentine’s Day. The first book is Valentine Murder which was first published almost twenty years ago. Lucy Stone is a busy mom and writer for the local newspaper in Tinker’s Cove, Maine. She has recently taken on another commitment, serving on the board of directors for the library. At her first board meeting, Lucy goes to the lower level of the library searching for the new libr ...more
Jess
Jan 10, 2019
Sara Reber
Jan 03, 2019
Melinda Anders
Dec 29, 2018
Leslie Meier lives in Harwich, Cape Cod, Massachusetts. She is the creator of 'Lucy Stone', a reporter and amateur sleuth in New England.