Start by marking “Chasing Mindy” as Want to Read:
Chasing Mindy

Chasing Mindy

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Mindy and Javier are not friends, okay.

Despite their mothers’ matchmaking, they’ve managed to stay out of each other’s way. Until Mindy goes to Paris for a week, and her mother insists she meet up with Javier. He’s in Paris to study, really looking forward to see you, she says. Watch over each other.

No thanks. Javier is taciturn and boring, Mindy is dramatic and has a ten
ebook
Published by Midnight Books (first published April 1st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Mindy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Mindy

Shealea
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although I initially felt overwhelmed by all the names being tossed around (which is the natural response to meeting a big family, in my opinion), every Capras sibling had a distinct and dynamic personality, and by the end of the book, I just wanted to learn more about all of them! Plus, I thought it was fantastic how the Capras family effectively represented the essence of a Filipino family.

Quite frankly, what I loved the most about Chasing Mindy was not the romance aspect, which basically cons
Justine
For such a short-paged book it's content is beyond my expectations. It was not just some romance book you'll forget over a year. It was so much more.

I am still over the moon kilig. And not just the romance I love the way it was written, the flow of the story. the representation of the Filipino family here is on point. And Mindy she's a witty-headstrong-in-love-will-not-let-just-end-it-that-way-badass I love her!

description
Binibining `E (of The Ugly Writers)
Received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

When you start a book by describing petit fours and tiny sandwiches you know that this is going to be a good one and you know that you want it, definitely it will be as luscious as the milk chocolate and the caramel. A symphony indeed.

This is the first book that I have read from Carla De Guzman's works and I am not ashamed to admit that I so love this and definitely, it deserve more than 5 stars. This story is very heart warming, f
Fay
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jasmine "Mindy" Capras: Left law school. Executive assistant spending one week in Paris just because.

If Mindy were a real person, I'd hug her the moment I meet her. She's this strong, independent woman who knows who she is and who she wants to be. She doesn't need other people reminding her of who she could have been because that stuff is in the freaking past.

I am so proud of the choices she made for herself. Meeting her is a gift. ❤

Javier "Javi" Tiangco: Heir to the family business. Battle-worn
Kate Heceta
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Carla de Guzman never fails to deliver. Her stories are always funny, witty, and have that nakakakilig factor that never fails to make my inner schoolgirl squeal. (If you’re not Filipino, I beg of you, Google what ‘nakakakilig’ means. You won’t regret it.)

There’s more to Chasing Mindy than romance though. Javier Tiangco and Mindy Capras are asking the same question - who am I? - and their search leads them to trod the same paths in Paris, the City of Lights, and maybe even fall in love along the
Lohla
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
The 5th book under #romanceclass that I have read, and the first from the Author. Lucky enough to get an ARC copy of this one on the same day it was given. I always look forward to read one of Carla's book but whenever I plan to purchase one, I always end up getting other book from my ebook list. Hehe And so as my first time reader, I liked how she managed to make twist out of this one and how she sends kilig to the readers.

Just like the other reviewer, I was a bit overwhelmed by Mindy's family
Kristy Mauna
"Mindy snorted and rolled her eyes. A master of eye rolling, this girl was. But he could see the way she smiled after."

Books set in Paris are my ABSOLUTE favorite. And I'm such a fan of the way Carla de Guzman writes her stories' settings. The descriptions are always beautiful! I was swooning and singing yaaaaas girl YAS to this book! This is so romantic! I want to be in Paris, too!! So obviously the romance was sweet and on point in this book. Mindy and Javier complimented each other well and
JM Cabral
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really, really enjoyed reading this one! The self-love and self-appreciation theme, along with the amazingly Filipino family dynamics, were some of the reasons as to why I loved this so much. But full review to come! Here's a short blurb for now:

"Carla de Guzman's latest book, Chasing Mindy, features a whirlwind romance between Jasmine Capras and Javier Tiangco, two Filipinos who found themselves falling in love in the exquisitely fabulous City of Lights. It sheds light on personal, but widely
carrietracy
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 +

Picked it because I love a hate-to-love if it's well done and because I will always be a sucker for a Paris love affair. And it was pretty gosh-darn adorable. It wasn't such a hate-to-love, they resolve their initial reservations and issues pretty quickly, but they are just too cute together. From his dimples to her wearing his jacket, it was just all super cute. I also couldn't get enough of the little references slipped in like when Mindy is dreaming of a magical kiss and is imagining th
Kathy
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely

Paris! Shakespeare! Mindy and Javier are super cute, the dialogue is witty and if we sometimes are overwhelmed by the Aguas family, well that's part of the story. Really cute first love story that sucked me in, so that by the end I cared as much as their mothers. This is a gentle tale; the angst is played down, but it kept my attention to the end.
RabbitRodney
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author but definitely won’t be my last! I loved the witty banter, the family dynamics and shenanigans Mindy had with her family, the eavesdropping on Javi and Mindy as they fell in love. *big sigh*
Balogun Oluwatobiloba
Zahra Musa
Apr 21, 2018
June Gray
Apr 07, 2018
Author, occasional illustrator, full-time traveler.
More about Carla de Guzman