Start by marking “Chasing Mindy” as Want to Read:
Chasing Mindy

Chasing Mindy

Mindy and Javier are not friends, okay.

Despite their mothers’ matchmaking, they’ve managed to stay out of each other’s way. Until Mindy goes to Paris for a week, and her mother insists she meet up with Javier. He’s in Paris to study, really looking forward to see you, she says. Watch over each other.

No thanks. Javier is taciturn and boring, Mindy is dramatic and has a ten
ebook
Published by Midnight Books

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Mindy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Mindy

Start your review of Chasing Mindy
Shealea
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although I initially felt overwhelmed by all the names being tossed around (which is the natural response to meeting a big family, in my opinion), every Capras sibling had a distinct and dynamic personality, and by the end of the book, I just wanted to learn more about all of them! Plus, I thought it was fantastic how the Capras family effectively represented the essence of a Filipino family.

Quite frankly, what I loved the most about Chasing Mindy was not the romance aspect, which basically cons
Justine
For such a short-paged book it's content is beyond my expectations. It was not just some romance book you'll forget over a year. It was so much more.

I am still over the moon kilig. And not just the romance I love the way it was written, the flow of the story. the representation of the Filipino family here is on point. And Mindy she's a witty-headstrong-in-love-will-not-let-just-end-it-that-way-badass I love her!

description
Binibining `E (of The Ugly Writers)
Received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

When you start a book by describing petit fours and tiny sandwiches you know that this is going to be a good one and you know that you want it, definitely it will be as luscious as the milk chocolate and the caramel. A symphony indeed.

This is the first book that I have read from Carla De Guzman's works and I am not ashamed to admit that I so love this and definitely, it deserve more than 5 stars. This story is very heart warming, f
Fay
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jasmine "Mindy" Capras: Left law school. Executive assistant spending one week in Paris just because.

If Mindy were a real person, I'd hug her the moment I meet her. She's this strong, independent woman who knows who she is and who she wants to be. She doesn't need other people reminding her of who she could have been because that stuff is in the freaking past.

I am so proud of the choices she made for herself. Meeting her is a gift. ❤

Javier "Javi" Tiangco: Heir to the family business. Battle-worn
Kate
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: filipino-authors
Carla de Guzman never fails to deliver. Her stories are always funny, witty, and have that nakakakilig factor that never fails to make my inner schoolgirl squeal. (If you’re not Filipino, I beg of you, Google what ‘nakakakilig’ means. You won’t regret it.)

There’s more to Chasing Mindy than romance though. Javier Tiangco and Mindy Capras are asking the same question - who am I? - and their search leads them to trod the same paths in Paris, the City of Lights, and maybe even fall in love along the
Anjeli
May 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"Jasmine," he said, squeezing her hand. "You saved up since you were eighteen to come here. Not because of your birth order, or your job, but because you wanted to do it for yourself. Who you are isn't the sum total of your descriptors or titles. It's the choices you make. You chose Paris. You chose me."

Have you ever loved a book so much you decided to re-read it right after you finish it? That's Chasing Mindy for me. And it's sweeter the second time around.

Set mostly in the City of Lights, Cha
Sarah Ghazali
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romanceclass
Paris je t'aime. Mindy takes a long-awaited solo trip to Paris and she's forced to meet up with Javier, a family friend. They can't stand each other, but their mothers keep pushing them together. As we do in Paris, sparks fly.

I'm a sucker for books where the city/location is a character on its own, and Paris loomed like a third wheeling sibling in this book, prodding the two leads on. Whilst Paris is gloriously painted in this book, I also appreciated how it's not viewed through rose-tinted len
marie.
May 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5
Lynai
May 28, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars.
Paris will always be a beautiful clichè. 😊
Amanda
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this one. The Paris setting for a good portion of the story was lovely and romantic. I love how much #romanceclass books emphasize family, and it certainly plays a big role here. Mindy’s and Javi’s mothers are best friends, and they are the same age, so they grew up hearing stories about each other and dealing with their parents not-so-secretly matchmaking even though they haven’t actually spent much time together.

I don’t really consider this enemies-to-lovers, but they do start off on the
Lohla
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
The 5th book under #romanceclass that I have read, and the first from the Author. Lucky enough to get an ARC copy of this one on the same day it was given. I always look forward to read one of Carla's book but whenever I plan to purchase one, I always end up getting other book from my ebook list. Hehe And so as my first time reader, I liked how she managed to make twist out of this one and how she sends kilig to the readers.

Just like the other reviewer, I was a bit overwhelmed by Mindy's family
Brain Tabs
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With lush descriptions, Carla de Guzman took my breath away yet again with her new work, Chasing Mindy. The carefully-detailed setting allowed me to savor the narrative and made me feel as if I was taking a leisure trip to Paris.

Sassy and snarky, Mindy is a character you'll easily love if you like your girls to come with masterful eye-rolling and biting wit. The way she took charge of things just made me root for her to succeed. Javier, on the other hand, is totally endearing. He's flawed and a
H. Bentham
I've had this for a while but I've been saving it for a downward-spiral kind of reading mood and when I finally needed it, OMG, I'm so glad I had it on reserve! Bec it's so heartwarming and cute and hot and It's got a lot of the tropes I love (even though I don't always say I love it) 😍

Like Healthy/Quirky Family Dynamics! The theme is obvious with Mindy's family, bec she has a lot of brothers and sisters. I loved it, the distinction of each sibling that was mentioned, and that's saying something
Kristy Mauna
"Mindy snorted and rolled her eyes. A master of eye rolling, this girl was. But he could see the way she smiled after."

Books set in Paris are my ABSOLUTE favorite. And I'm such a fan of the way Carla de Guzman writes her stories' settings. The descriptions are always beautiful! I was swooning and singing yaaaaas girl YAS to this book! This is so romantic! I want to be in Paris, too!! So obviously the romance was sweet and on point in this book. Mindy and Javier complimented each other well a
JM Cabral
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really, really enjoyed reading this one! The self-love and self-appreciation theme, along with the amazingly Filipino family dynamics, were some of the reasons as to why I loved this so much. But full review to come! Here's a short blurb for now:

"Carla de Guzman's latest book, Chasing Mindy, features a whirlwind romance between Jasmine Capras and Javier Tiangco, two Filipinos who found themselves falling in love in the exquisitely fabulous City of Lights. It sheds light on personal, but widely
carrietracy
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 +

Picked it because I love a hate-to-love if it's well done and because I will always be a sucker for a Paris love affair. And it was pretty gosh-darn adorable. It wasn't such a hate-to-love, they resolve their initial reservations and issues pretty quickly, but they are just too cute together. From his dimples to her wearing his jacket, it was just all super cute. I also couldn't get enough of the little references slipped in like when Mindy is dreaming of a magical kiss and is imagining th
Kathy
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely

Paris! Shakespeare! Mindy and Javier are super cute, the dialogue is witty and if we sometimes are overwhelmed by the Aguas family, well that's part of the story. Really cute first love story that sucked me in, so that by the end I cared as much as their mothers. This is a gentle tale; the angst is played down, but it kept my attention to the end.
RabbitRodney
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author but definitely won’t be my last! I loved the witty banter, the family dynamics and shenanigans Mindy had with her family, the eavesdropping on Javi and Mindy as they fell in love. *big sigh*
Christina
Kat
May 14, 2018
Caryssa
Aug 30, 2018

• No Strings Attached (Chic Manila, #3)
  • Like Nobody's Watching
  • What Kind of Day (Six 32 Central, #1)
  • Fairy Tale Fail (Chic Manila, #2)
  • Promdi Heart (Hometown Love Stories)
  • Mango Summer
  • Blast From Two Pasts
  • Kiss and Cry (Six 32 Central Book 2)
  • Love From A to Z
  • Heartstruck (Flicker #1)
  • My Imaginary Ex (Chic Manila, #1)
  • Love At First Run
  • Waiting in the Wings
  • Love Your Frenemies (Chic Manila, #4)
  • That Kind of Guy (Chic Manila, #5)
  • Sounds Like Summer
  • Keeping Miss Kalila
  • All's Fair in Blog and War
Author, occasional illustrator, full-time traveler.