Start by marking “Coming Home (Friends & Lovers Series Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Coming Home (Friends & Lovers Series Book 2)

Coming Home

(Friends & Lovers #2)

Home means many things to Ramona Barrett and none of them are good.

A family mired in politics and ample amounts of bad behavior have kept her happily far away. Even after her enraged mother escapes, her drunk father sobers up, and her tyrannical grandfather dies, she has no interest in re-connecting to those rotten roots.

A steamy encounter with her childhood friend leave
Published May 10th 2018 by Bold Soul Books

To ask other readers questions about Coming Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming Home

Allie
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to start reading Coming Home by PE Kavanagh it is the second in the Friends & Lovers series. Ramona plays a small part in the first book Collecting Secrets. I instantly liked her from the first and was very excited to read about her story. This book wasn’t really what I was expecting, but I really enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend reading this book!

When I first started reading this book I was not expecting a character like Ramona. When she makes her appearance in the
Sherry Terry
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I give Coming Home Friends & Lovers Series Book 2 by PE Kavanagh 5-Stars

This is one of my favorite reads this year. This book has all the elements I love in a good romance/erotica. Hot sex, believably flawed characters that pull you into their world, and great descriptive storytelling. The cover is good, I like the color scheme, and it speaks of romance. This author has a way with pen and paper as the writing is very well done, strong and captivating.

I love the way PE Kavanagh put the first
Michelle Deerwester-Dalrymple
This is a compelling novel about the decisions we have to make as we grow older and how it can affect those we love the most. Ramona has come home for her grandfather’s funeral and reconnects with a childhood friend, Lucas, in an amazingly passionate way. While at first it seems this reconnection is the start of something great, it turns out there is more going on in Ramona and Lucas’ life that complicates their chances at love. Lucas is determined, though, to make it work.
I loved Lucas’ determ
Heather
***I was given an ARC copy in exchange for a review***

Ramona Barrett comes home to attend her grandfather's funeral. She can't wait to be back in her whirl wind, jet-set lifestyle but first is the family foundation event and her childhood crush to contend with. She can't wait to get away from the political orbit of their families but spending time with her ill father and Lucas makes it bearable.

This book is almost your typical steamy contemporary romance. I honestly didn't read the first in the
Maria S-M
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an Advanced Reader Copy. I am voluntarily leaving a review. Ramona came home for her grandfather's funeral. He was a beloved political figure and a despised family member. She just wanted to get in, make her appearance , then get out. As they say, life happens while you make other plans. And Romona like to make plans and lists. Lucas was her best friend when she was growing up. They lost touch when her mother took her and her brother away. Lucas has always loved her. Can he convince h ...more
Catherine
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I first started reading this story it felt a little slow. I did enjoy the characters though so I wanted to keep going. Eventually I found that I got into the pattern of this author's writing and that I really enjoyed likable and believable characters that I could relate to. I also like the fact that it was a nice balance between a strong storyline and some good steamy scenes. I was able to get a copy of this book and really appreciate the author's effort. More than happy to write a review i ...more
Rebmay
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coming Home takes the reader on a steamy, emotional journey of love. Ramona and Lucas were friends as children, became passing acqaintances as young adults, and are now steamy lovers. His engagement, her estrangement from her family and fear of commitment are all obstacles on their quest to be together. Lucas doggedly pursues Ramona and breaks down the emotional barriers she has erected to protect her vulnerable heart. This is a well-written, fast-paced read. Enjoy!

I received an ARC of this book
vamsally
A woman who has always been running away from her life, a man who has always waited, a homecoming and inevitable love bring two together. A sometimes surreal and always beautifully woven story. There is something about this story that will keep you reading despite some exasperation at emotional mess among characters.
Kim F
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book. Extremely entertaining, captivating and interesting sexy read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong characters. I want to read more from this author. I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Can you really find love with your childhood best friend? This story answers that with a highly emotional journey between Ramona and Lucas. Throw in a huge amount of obstacles in their way to happiness which only bring the two closer together and make their love stronger. I truly enjoyed the depth of characters and being hooked from the opening pages to the very last word on the page made this a book I would highly recommend. I cannot wait until the next in the series.
Kristin
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the advance copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review."

Loved this book very much. It had just enough sweet romance and the storyline was great! I highly recommend!
Rosemary
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of steamy romances
Coming Home - a review by Rosemary Kenny

Boy meets girl in this steamy romance by PE Kavanagh, that will set your senses aflame with excitement!

Ramona and Connor get together via mutual friends and family, as the latter's running for State Office, with an eye on the White House, while her recently departed Grandfather was Governor of Virginia, so she knows all about political family life. Not knowing Connor's being blackmailed by a ex-schoolmate, Ramona acts on her growing attraction until she's
Lili
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the writing, the premise and the setting, and the feelings are well conveyed.

It's just that Lucas was too perfect. I understand busy, but I find it odd that, being as much in love as they were, neither took steps to find the other sooner.

Otherwise, really liked it!
Laila Viking
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An emotional and steamy story with likeable characters. It is well written and has a nice storyline and plot.
A friends to lovers romance with a mix of drama, trust issue, suspence, commitment issues, family trouble, passion and great chemistry. How to stop from running away and take what fate has given you for your HEA.
Captivating and enjoyable read.
Tianna McPherson (Anna Lee)
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even though this was my first time reading one of PE's books nd a second in the series, I must say I'm hooked. This book gave us everything and so much more. I felt like I was there with them as each new issue came about. It was so emotional that by the time I got to the end I as crying 😢 for Ramona and Lucas. So much that they had to deal with but it just proves that love does conquer all. I can't wait to see who you bring next in this series. Congratulations on a wonderful book. I happily give ...more
Shirley Cuypers
Original review

This book was provided by the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Bold Soul Books and Netgalley!

Coming Home
is the second book in the Friends & Lovers Series but can be read as a standalone. Coming Home tells the story of Ramona and Lucas. They’ve been best friends since they were young, but have been apart for a really long time. After several years Ramona visits Lucas and since that day everything changes for Ramona.

Coming Home was a nice
Jeannie Zelos
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Coming Home,  P.E. Kavanagh

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: General Fiction (Adult), Romance

I hadn't read book one, didn't realise that these books were connected, I guess Lucas and Ramona were secondary characters in that. Maybe I'd have felt closer to them and the story if I had read the first.
I understood the sizzle when she first met Lucas again, but wished I knew if they'd ever been more than just Good Friends, as that seemed to get heated very quickly. Then once Ramona found o
Karen
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A story about politics, political families, and childhood friends turning into lovers.

I really liked this story and I love Ramona Barrett. A young woman who has made her own way through life and made a life of her own. She has a hard time making a change in her life that makes her look at life differently. She'll go through a lot of changes and her life will head in a different direction than she planned, all from one trip back home for a death in the family.

A celebrity chef who is the son of a
Kaye
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LIFE IN THE FAST LANE!!!
Wow! I have to say right up front that this is an amazing tale. I was hooked from the first page. Man, what a ride! You have you're heart pounding, pulse racing, action packed, rollercoaster ride with all the drama you can handle. Plus some. The characters were intriguing and complex with issues to work through. The chemistry between the two main characters were explosive and off the charts. Talk about feeling the heat. Following the characters along mesmerized as their p
Caroline Doig
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my 1st read and review for this author and what a great read to start off with. This is the story of Ramona and Lucas, Ramona comes home after being away for 15 years she comes home for her horrible grandfathers funeral. She runs into Lucas her childhood and best friend who she hasn’t seen since her mother took her and her brother away. Lucas has been in love with Ramona for a long time but can he convince her to give them a chance and for Ramona to stay with him. I loved this story ther ...more
Joyce Black
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well delivered story that was easy to follow and read. The story itself has multi layers of complexity from familial issues, drama, angst, subterfuge, manipulation, sorrow and pain. The romance in this story was there for the long haul and included sensual scenes. The characterizations were well done, well developed and believable. Woven throughout this story are the issues of honest and integrity.

A good well-rounded read. Recommended reading.

I voluntarily received an advance review copy of t
BZD
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I have received an advanced copy of this book and I have chosen to review it.
The book follows Ramona and Lucas, childhood friends who meet again following a family death, as they embark on a journey of love whilst dealing with drama and Ramona’s own ability to adjust to life back home.

The book was a good read and kept me interested enough to finish. It was only after finishing the book I realised there was a previous book where I presume Lucas would have been a secondary character and more could
Himanish Prabhakar
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: drama, fiction, romance
My review is 4 stars.

When I was reading this book there was a sense of contradiction as I found #1 in the series more better in terms of writing aspects and the story telling in comparison to this one. But this can be read as standalone, and this in itself is a fine book in its genre to read as there is so much that you will find interesting.

The characters are nicely written and the synchronization of them with the plot is really nice. It has a nice ending which is very important when you are re
Gladys
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very entertaining, emotion packed read. An engaging story of childhood friends Ramona and Lucas. With a rich history and complex emotions between them, their romance is complicated. With the addition of secrets, drama, passion, twists and plenty of stumbling blocks on the road to a HEA and you have a very pleasurable book that keeps your interest well. This is my completely voluntary, honest review.
Sherry Westendorf
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. It has emotions, fun, drama, excitement, suspense and so much more. She comes home for her grandfather's funeral hoping to hop in and out real fast. But live doesn't always work that way. She meets up with her childhood friend and person she has always loved. With this you have hot scenes, emotional ones, drama with them and others and so much more. I was given a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Colleen
Mar 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
I got to chapter 6 and the book was just awful! Cheesy and everything happened so fast. I have no idea who the characters are what they want, I wasn’t at all attached to any of the characters. And by chapter 6 I should care for the characters. And I know most romances have at least a little bit of cheese elements but this book omg it is so cheesy and lame and just bad. I’m not going to finish because we all know it’s not going to get any better
Megan
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
It was an enjoyable read and I was always turning the pages because I wanted to know what was going on but for me the relationship aspect happened very quickly. I know they were childhood friends and all that but with the rush of the story and circumstances around them it seemed a little off. But a slot happens in this story and there isn't a dull moment.

I received an advance copy from the author through voracious readers only.
Bella
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It is well written, the emotions conveyed are honest and the characters really came to life. So many ups and downs that I was left giddy but happy by the end. There was just something that didn't quite gel with me, and about 60% of the way through I lost interest and stopped reading for a couple of days. I'm so glad I finished the book because I really did like it, but I didn't love it.
Pamela
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ramona is in town for her grandfather's funeral. She has no intention of staying. Lucas was her childhood friend now turned lover. Best made plans always have a way of changing. Will all the drama come between the couple? A good read.

I received a copy of this book via Netgalley and am leaving a review.
poppy
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ramona and Lucas have been friends since they were children when she was 15 her mum took her and her brother and left. Now she is back home for her grandfather's funeral she is hoping to get out without being noticed but that does not go as planned. I really liked the spark between Ramona and it made for some really hot moments this was a good read and I enjoyed it.
I believe that everything we experience exists as a story within us.

My journey as a writer includes the award-winning poem I penned at the ripe old age of seven, decades of hiding and doubt, and then finally… finally!... realizing that art needs to be shared. Storytelling is part of my heritage, even though I denied it for so long. The stories I created - true and imaginary - have saved me numero

Friends & Lovers (2 books)
  • Collecting Secrets (Friends & Lovers, #1)