Start by marking “Lieutenant (Governor Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lieutenant (Governor Trilogy, #2)

Lieutenant

(Governor Trilogy #2)

(Governor Trilogy - Book 2, mmf, political romance)

I never come in second—that’s just how my daddy raised me.

Except now, I find myself willingly choosing exactly that—being second. Publicly, I might seem to serve at the governor’s pleasure, but that’s nothing close to the truth.

He serves me at mine. Especially the pleasure part.

We both serve my husband, Carter. Or, as Owen
ebook
Published September 7th 2018 (first published September 5th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Lieutenant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lieutenant

Start your review of Lieutenant (Governor Trilogy, #2)
Sophia Triad
Susa Evans: I want more.
I want it all.
I want him, and Owen.

This is Susa's turn to tell the story and what an amazing story she has to tell. Susa fell in love with Carter the moment she saw him for the first time. She is an ambitious, strong, clever girl who does not hesitate to admit that she wants it all. She wants success, she wants personal happiness, she wants to distinguish her name from her father’s legacy in politics. She is ready to pave her own path and no one will stop her.
She is l
Melanie
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this 2nd book of the Governor Trilogy, we mostly get the POV of Susa. She explains the mechanics of how Carter's mind works and how he and Susa got together - It was simple: Carter loved Owen, Owen loved Susa, and Susa loved Carter. Both Susa and Owen became submissive to Carter and Susa could also top Owen. There were enough feelings for Owen by Susa to agree with Carter that the relationship of the three could blossom and turn into a real triad. Carter's #1 rule was also simple: Owen comes ...more
Pam
The Governor Trilogy, Book 2. Breathtaking and awesome…perfect in every way!

SPOILER ALERT: IT’S ESSENTIAL THAT THIS SERIES BE READ IN ORDER. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SLIGHT SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN’T READ GOVERNOR (BOOK 1). As with Governor, I can’t summarize this book and do it justice. There are blurbs on all sellers’ websites. Several chapters of Governor (Book 1) are available for free on Ms. Richardson’s Tymber Dalton website. I’m going to TRY to tell you how this book made me feel and how it t
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
If I thought the first book was well written in this series, this second one blew me apart. Since I first read the book, I've re-read this over again about five times. This book should not be read as a standalone. Whilst it theoretically can read by itself, to receive the full effect, the first book, The Governor is recommended. This story focuses on Susa and her drive to become a Governor.

This book starts off where it left off in the previous book. In the same writing pattern, there are flashes
Angie
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book BLEW ME AWAY! It picks up where Governor left off and you should read it first otherwise you will miss this triads backstory and major plot points. From her introduction, we know Susa is a strong woman who is not afraid to go after what she wants. Meeting Carter and Owen has helped her achieve some of her dreams as well as give her the love and stability to keep her going when things get tough. Susa's courage and grit make this a book that I could not put down! It is a roller coaster r ...more
Carole-Ann
This is Susa's story, carrying on from when Owen gains the Governorship, with Susa as his Lieutenant.
We get a fair bit of back-story into why Susa is so politically ambitious (with a rather arrogant father in the backgound), & how she was manoeuvered by Carter into protecting (& loving) Owen. There was that point in the story when Carter reveals something he'd kept quiet/lied about, that Owen almost broke; & which I wish had never to happen. But Owen proves strong enough (thank goodness) to carr
Bibliophagist
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I've read

Lieutenant is the second book in Lesli Richardson's new series, The Governor Trilogy. Ill admit that when she anounced this series, my response was "meh". I love the series she writes as Tymber Dalton, The Suncoast Society and this is more of a mainstream book. But am I ever glad that I went ahead and read them. This book rivals her Suncoast Society book, The Reluctant Dom.

The book focuses around a polyamorus triad with political asperations. The meet at college an
Rhonda
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay, this is going to be a short review because if I try to say to much, it will have spoilers in it. I will say that you NEED to read Governor first. Lieutenant is the second book with the third coming shortly. They must be read in order. This book was so hot. I"m glad I don't have to worry about reading this at work or anything because I would be having to look around to make sure no one was wondering what I was reading. Again, like Governor, I would have never thought I would enjoy a book th ...more
Kristinmarie
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this the second book in the trilogy, we get the story from Susa's perspective. This book was as good as the first if not better. I couldn't stop reading this book. Even though it gives the story from Susa's pov, it is not just retelling the same story. I love that Susa's emotion and energy come through. Can't wait for the next.
Gail
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read Governor, go back and read that one first, before starting Lieutenant! The Governor Trilogy isn't a standalone, and should be read in order... thus this review is a little bit the continuation of the one I left on the first book.

In Book 2, we get Susa's perspective. While it shades some extra light over the early events in the triads, by adding details and events Owen's wasn't privy of. It mostly covers Owen & Susa's first term as Governor and Lieutenant-Governor. It is not a
Sinead Gannon
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could give this book 10/10 I would. It’s literally unputdownable. Loved reading Susas’ take on scenes from the governor. How will I get through the next week until Carters story???
Angelique
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gripping story, even better than The Governor (which I loved). Can’t wait for Chief!
Emmaleigh Wurzbacher
Phoebe Tonosaki
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
===SPOILER ALERT (dont read if you do not want even slightly spoiler===

I have to admit, Susa's story didnt speak to me as LOUD as Owen's and Carter's, but that doesnt mean her story was a bad one. On the contrary , it is very real, very well written. I simply LOVE Owen and Carter too much (Major fangirl ! ) Sometimes it is not easy to read through one book of the series that you feel less emotional related. However, this book is one of the keys into the next spin off of the series.
I really love
Daisy Sloan
This is book two in the Governor Trilogy. When I first started reading it, I thought it was going to retell Governor but from Susa's POV. It does and it doesn't. It does retell part of the Governor from her POV, but it's summarized and not a blow by blow. It then goes past that. Far past that. We really get to know Susa and how she came to be owned by Carter and own Owen at the same time. We learn why she did it. It's absolutely amazing.

Lesli has me in tears, laughing, cheering, and swooning all
Harper Miller
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Initially, I had no interest in reading Susa’s POV but I’m so hooked on Carter and Owen, I had to see how this series ends. I was hoping to gain insight into Susa’s personality and I’m glad I stuck with it because I’m 100% #teamSusa now. I really do like her and I swear reading about this poly triad is addicting! I wasn’t expecting the plot to veer off into romantic suspense territory, but I was pleasantly surprised by how Ms. Richardson brought it all to a satisfying conclusion. It’s difficult ...more
Sarah ~Book Addict~
As with the first book, this one grabs hold of you emotionally, sucks you in and pulls you along on the journey with Owen, Carter, and Susa. From college days through the present and told generally from Susa’s point of view and as with Governor, this is deeply emotionally intense. It’s a beautiful, passionate love story between three people that is not without pain and bumps in the road and unexpected situations arising. They live and love and work, together united strong in their loyalty and de ...more
Bonnie
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story continues. I thought Governor was good, but Lieutenant totally blew me away. The twists and turns to the story were amazing. The story kept me up until 4:00 am reading until the words were blurry. These deep, driven characters lose nothing in this second part of the trilogy, and I found them even more amazing.
Trish-Sunshine Reads
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Crap!!!!! Reading this book at work is not recommended! Heart palpitations, tears streaming, emotions all over the place! Absolutely awesome series so far. Lesli can always write awesome stories no matter which genre or under which pen name! I might even go so far as to say this is the best series so far!!!
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up where Governor left off, told from Susa's point of view. We learn more about Carter's history and how their relationship formed.

At some points, the book switches POV but that was because of the plot. Susa was a strong woman and this book proved it. I was sucked in from the beginning of the book until the end.
Saskia
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second book in the Trilogy and this time the story is told from ~Susa point of view. it is not a repeat of the events of the first book. We do see some things from when they first met and off course what happened between Susa and Carter, but the story also continues. It was wonderful to see what made Susa tick.
Edith
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars
- I'm so happy I continued to read this series, because I really enjoyed reading this book.

* Hero(s) - 3/5
* Heroine(s) - 4/5
* Secondary Characters - 3/5

* Plot - 4/5
* Romance/Steam - 4/5
* Drama/Conflict/Angst - 4/5

* Writing Style - 4/5
Lucia
This book really disappointed me. I hoped it would show that Owen had not started a relationship with two selfish people, but this book didn't contradict that notion at all. Susa and Carter are still selfish and don't alow Owen to publicly claim them in ways it would be possible.
Amber
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
This one kept missing the mark. But I did like the multiple POV's this time!
Jen
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm
Looooooooove it..! From book 1 to book 2, I cannot wait to read the next trilogy! Carter is the mastermind of bringing Susa and Owen together. It is a very sexy read.
Sara Gross
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved reading this from Susa's point of view. On to the next book which I am anxiously awaiting! I am loving this trilogy!
Talltree
Shelves: 2018
*3.5 stars*
Anna
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wanted less throwback, but still amazing writing
Suzy
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Inhaled in one sitting! That just doesn't happen for me anymore. I'm champing at the bit to get inside Carters head now.
Goodreads Librari...: Lieutenant by Lesli Richardson 3 16 Jun 10, 2018 04:24PM

• Cards of Love: The Moon
  • Lost in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #4)
  • Unprincely
  • Found in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #5)
  • Pure Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #6)
  • One to Keep (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #3)
  • A Certain Girl (Suncoast Society, #81)
  • Come In From the Cold (Suncoast Society, #77)
  • Thrown Off the Ice
  • Not a Hero (Sons of the Survivalist, #1)
  • Defiance (Masters of the Shadowlands, #13.5)
  • Siren in Bloom (Texas Sirens, #6)
  • Enchanted (Masters and Mercenaries, #18.5)
  • Things to Do in Denver (Suncoast Society, #78)
  • Searching for a Heart (Suncoast Society, #80)
  • Long Lost (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten #4)
  • Back in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #9)
  • Protected (Masters and Mercenaries #16.5)
Lesli Richardson is the writer behind the curtain of her better-known pen name, Tymber Dalton (her "wild child" side). She lives in the Tampa Bay region of Florida with her husband, writer Jon Dalton, (aka "The World's Best Husband™") and too many pets. When she's not playing D&D with her friends or shooting skeet, she's a part-time Viking shield-maiden in training, among other pursuits. The USA T ...more

Governor Trilogy (5 books)
  • Governor (Governor Trilogy, #1)
  • Chief (Governor Trilogy, #3)
  • Yes, Governor: A Governor Trilogy Novella