Start by marking “Disrupt” as Want to Read:
Disrupt

Disrupt

Donovan Beckett is a recluse who wants no commitments or entanglements of any kind. He works hard to ensure no one can penetrate the wall he’s carefully constructed around himself—until the day his new neighbor stumbles into him.

It isn’t anything like instant love. Far from it.

Eden Avery doesn’t want to be curious about her neighbor. He’s the most infuriating and closed-
Published July 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Disrupt, please sign up.
Jennifer It had not been released yet. It released on June 30th. You can get it now. The reviews that were posted before are more than likely from individuals…moreIt had not been released yet. It released on June 30th. You can get it now. The reviews that were posted before are more than likely from individuals who have received advanced reader copies. (less)

Alex ♈

I loved the father-love storyline, heartbreaking.

Likable heroine, brooding but caring hero.

Safe. She was a V, he was celibate for 8 years.

Paula's review
36417488_10155995292704022_7291300785663508480_n
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐STARS
ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-2/7/18

So I really enjoyed "Disrupt" It was incredibly easy to just kick back and get sucked in here.
This being my first experience with this particular author I wasn't quite sure what to actually expect.
Didn't need to worry at all; as almost instantly I was swept up into the simplicity and magic that makes up this excellently written story.
So this tale centres around Eden Avery and Donovan Beckett.
Eden has just moved to Donavon's small town for work after b
Paula
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If there is one book this summer that everyone should read, it’s this one! This has been one of the most well written, beautiful, funny & heart ranching, romances that I have come across in a long while! The only thing that ticked me off though was that we don’t find out what happened to Donovan until close to the end (chpt 23). When it is finally revealed, I cried like a maniac!

I loved this story because not only are the characters truly wonderful, but also because the Author took the time
Gi's Spot Reviews

5 'Sunshine To his Dark' Stars

OH...WOW... What an emotional, heart breaking and hopeful healing story! One of my most anticipated and ended up being one of my fav reads this year!

Eden Avery’s life has dealt her blow after blow in the last few months of her life – actually it has never been the same since her mother and grandmother deaths – so when an amazing opportunity shows up in her desperate situation, so holds on to it like a lifeline.

What she could
Dilek VT
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: past-trauma
The writer makes a request at the beginning of the book:

"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not spoil what Donovan’s exact issue is in the review. I am literally begging for a spoiler-free review where that is concerned. I think the book has more impact when readers go in blind."

And I promise this is going to be a spoiler-free review but this warning has made me think that the secret is something awesome/shocking/unique etc and I waited for the big revelation of it eagerly and then, I was so very disappoin
BleuBelle
Spoilers:

I've decided to read this book after reading some fabulous reviews. Sadly it didn't really work for me.

The story as such is good. I liked the Hero, even if he behaved like an ass at the beginning. The heroine was cool too.

It was the little things that didn't let me enjoy the story as much.
First of all, I'm not a fan of playlists for books. I don't know the songs, so I would have to stop reading and go on youtube and listen to the song and then go back reading. So not my thing. And it we
French Press Bookworm Blog

I loved it. The couple, the mystery, the banter. It was well written and kept me engaged so much that I didn’t want to put it down.
Anna
Jul 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Meh...
Didn't work for me.
The heroine was childlike.
The hero was asshole.
Annoying SCs. Are they for real?
Author's style don't like.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Disrupt by Ella Fox is the story of Eden Avery and Donovan Beckett.
Eden is trying to start over after her father and his new wife took all of her money which left her unable to pay for her college nor a home. So she took a job in a somewhat small town as a hotel manger that gives her a free room to stay in. There she meets Donovan who is a regular person that has his own room at the hotel. Donovan is very unfeeling and anti-social to her and most people...which we later learn his tragic past th
Andi Isack
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This isn't my first read by Ella Fox, but is the most unpredictable, dramatic and intense ( not only in an intimate meaning) book of her.
The first thing I liked of DISRUPT is the real life vibe. From the beginning you'll notice that this story is far from a fairytale. It's a race of emotions, from sadness and/ or loneliness to tryst, hope and happiness. The story is a crescendo of feelings and events. Bad and good ones. But the angst , drama and twists are the very protagonist in DISRUPT.
Disrup
~Dawn~TUG
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Early reading for author. Can't wait for more...
Suzanne
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: svbo-reviews
Holy socks blown! This story was so worth waiting for! The raw emotions and the passion just collide as Eden and Donovan cross paths and boy is it explosive! First the concept with the little side stories to the romance between these two were brilliant. Kept you totally engaged and wanting to know more of what will happen. The polarity that Eden and Donovan have is insane as well. I really enjoyed those little moments these two had plus their banter. It was completely priceless. This story has a ...more
Three Chicks
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Slightly angsty read with lots of sweet moments. Eden Avery has to start her life all over again. It seems her father stole all of her money and even though she has only one year to go at Penn State, she has to drop out. Since the hospitality industry was her major it's not a reach that she gets a job as the assistant manager at a small town's motel. It's quaint and just the breath of fresh air she needs to make a new start.

One of the permanent residents of the motel is Donov
Pelusa Rivera
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..I loved this book! My heart went out to Donovan, uhhh no one, no one should have to go thru what he went thru..And then we have Eden, her story was also heartbreaking but I liked that she still was a positive person, doing what she had to do, the only thing that I wished was that she didn't let Donovan get away with his jerkiness at times, but to hold on firm..Yes, he recognized his jerkiness and went about to correct it..You couldn't help but fall in love with ...more
Andrea Sliger
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book

This book has been on my list for a while. I devoured it in record time. I loved Eden and Donovan. Especially Donovan, surly works for me. I loved this book, and would recommend it.
Sian Bulpin
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

No spoilers
This book will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions and yes you will need tissues.
Both Donavan and Eden have been dealt a bad set of cards, you follow them through the ups and downs of their relationship ( if you can call it that at first) and see all of it as if watching a movie.
Great Frigging read.
Astraycat
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read! You wouldn't be able to stop reading once you began it. You'll want to know what caused H this way and how h made him accept her.

Felt deeply for H, no wonder he became this way; fortunately, he met h, the strong-willed female that make he live again.
Camila Matuella
3,5 ✩

O livro é bom, mas parece que já li essa história antes, por isso que tirei 1,5 ✩ .

A história é muito bem escrita, não é corrida tudo tem seu tempo, a personagem feminina é uma das minhas favoritas de todos os tempos e o personagem masculino tem seu encanto também, mas nada comparado a ela, ela é fodona.

Sem duvida nenhuma compraria esse livro pra ter na minha estante, muito fofo ele.

♡♡♡♡♡♡
RCK
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindleunlimited
4.5 Stars. Small spoilers.

I really enjoyed this one. It made me laugh out loud and it had me crying near the end too. Both Hero and heroine are likeable characters. Hero does come off as abit of an ass at the beginning but not enough to hate him. Heroine was my favorite kind.. sweet, funny and stands up for herself when she needed too. I also enjoyed the side characters. It really was a good read and for my goodread friends it is completely safe!

Half point lost because I wanted more from the e
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Disrupt was a book that I had mixed feelings about, overall it was a good story and the characters were interesting but right when you were starting to enjoy the story and get to know the characters better it ends. Frustrating because I would have loved to see how they progressed in their relationship and how Donavan became a better version of himself.

This book was interesting to say the least, Eden is a girl who has be touched by tragedy and is in a bind because of her father. She was on her w
The Smutbrarians
Value - 4
Overall - 4
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Ladyballs

Eden is our heroine and after her wretched father stealing all of her money, losing their childhood home as well as all her belongings and she has to drop out of college because she is broke, she moves to a small town where she takes a job at a small motel. She is hoping to start over and eventually save up enough money to make her way back to college. Vanishing without a t
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
When Eden's father empties her bank account, which held all her inheritance from her grandma, and was used to pay her tuition, Eden has no choice but to move to start over. She settles in a small town working at a hotel, and this is where she ends up meeting her grumpy, anti-social neighbor, Donovan "Stretch" Beckett. She's oddly attracted to the man who rarely speaks to her and when he does, it's only to grunt at her and speak in a few monosyllables. Eden's curious about him, but not that curio ...more
Diary Of Book Fiend
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
~*~* 3.5 Stretchy Stars ~*~*

It took me a little longer than usual to get swept away in this book. But when the pace did pick up it was amazing.

I liked that Eden was feisty and not a complete doormat. She did seem somewhat of a pushover when it came to Donovan. But I get it. Lol I soooo get it.

When we finally received Donovan's back story, my heart broke into bits and pieces for him. I knew it was something but I didn't know it was that.

The characters were well developed and I enjoyed them. I
Ri
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book was not at all like I was expecting. I couldn't quite figure out what was going on with Donovan. It was killing me trying to go through a plethora of scenarios. What I discovered took me by surprise. Eden was a breath of fresh air.

I was disappointed in how fast things wrapped up. I wanted to see how things progressed with Eden and her father. I wanted to have more follow through with how things progressed with Eden to get them to the part of a conclusion. It just felt rushed t
Thuy Taylor
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book will take you on a emotional ride. Eden and Donovan have a tough past, and emotional baggage. I liked their story, who doesn’t like a good looking broody man? They both have been dealt with issues upon issues in their life. He’s up there with all the jerkiness, gruff and brooding but then also redeemed himself. Eden just stirs his emotions in different ways and he knows it.

I enjoyed their story, I breezed through it in no time. I was a little bummed it ended because I wanted a little m
Marni Kelly
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! A stellar novel!

I loved this book! Donovan, from the start, made me want to wrap him up in a big hug. There was just something about him. And Eden was just a firecracker! The two are definitely a match made in heaven! This is a must read for anyone looking for a heartfelt story about love and loss and how to, finally, brink yourself back from the brink.
Fotini
*sigh*
I. Love. Ella. Fox.
I love her writing, her books, her heroes and heroines.
So....as you can understand Disrupt was a fantastic, emotional and my-pulse-is-going-faster kinda book. Just perfect like the rest. ♥♥♥
Ella Fox never failed me before and as long as she keeps them coming, never will.
Book Lovers  Down Under
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start. This book blew me away. The emotions I went through. Wow. Thank you.
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Raise Your Game
  • The Possibility of Us
  • His to Taste
  • It was Only a Kiss
  • Sugar (Exposé #4)
  • Corrupt (Civil Corruption, #1)
  • Drift (Guarding Her #2)
  • Hold Her Again
  • Storm
  • Losing Romeo
  • Mask
  • Bad Boy Baby Daddy
  • Kiss the Flame (Desire Exchange #1.5; 1001 Dark Nights #29)
  • Wolf on a Mission (Salvation Pack, #6)
  • Red Alert (Ecstasy in Red, #1)
  • One More Sleepless Night
  • Reckoning: The Complete Series
USA Today Bestselling Author Ella Fox has learned a bunch of stuff along the way but the most important of all those things is that anything is possible when you try. In 2012 she took a big leap of faith and published her first book, Broken Hart. Since then she's written fifteen more full-length books and several novellas-- and every one is a reminder that you can live your dream as long as you wo ...more