Start by marking “You Are So Undead to Me (Megan Berry, #1)” as Want to Read:
You Are So Undead to Me (Megan Berry, #1)

You Are So Undead to Me

(Megan Berry #1)

Fifteen-year-old Megan Berry is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's part-time shrink to a bunch of dead people with a whole lot of issues.

All Megan wants is to be normal and go to homecoming, of course. Unfortunately, it's a little difficult when your dates keep getting interrupted by a bunch of slobbering Undead.

Things are about to get even more complicated for M
Published January 22nd 2009 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about You Are So Undead to Me, please sign up.
Jessica Tonnies There is a second book. It's called "Undead Much". There is also a short story that occurs after the end of the second book and leaves it open for…moreThere is a second book. It's called "Undead Much". There is also a short story that occurs after the end of the second book and leaves it open for further stories...of which I hope there are some!(less)
Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle ZinkEyes Like Stars by Lisa MantchevWings by Aprilynne PikeThe Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie RyanThe Season by Sarah MacLean
2009 Debutantes
58 books — 416 voters
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie RyanThe Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie RyanRot & Ruin by Jonathan MaberryThe Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie RyanHollowland by Amanda Hocking
YA Zombie Novels
254 books — 800 voters

More lists with this book...

Kat Kennedy
Sep 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Don't judge me for giving this three stars.

Yes, the heroine was painfully stupid.

Yes, the romance was corny.

But... ZOMBIES, people! ZOMBIES!

And it was funny and imaginative at times and...

ZOMBIES!!!!!!!
Rebecca McNutt
This book was vaguely funny, but predictable, using every cliche out there about the undead, never mind that the main character was annoying as heck and by the end of the first chapter I was wishing that she would die. I think tis book is proof that the zombie subgenre fad has gone on way too long.
Sesana
Mar 25, 2011 marked it as dnf-or-not-gonna-happen
I got 25% in and just couldn't do it anymore. I really like the idea of zombies who just want somebody to listen, and the summary made it sound sort of Buffy-ish. But the main character is irritating me too much to continue. She's selfish, not very bright, short sighted, and doesn't seem to care about anything but being popular. Maybe she improved as the book goes by, but I just can't take her that long.
✟Roxanne✟(Death by Book Avalanche) ☠
2 Star Rating

I picked this one up from the library because it sounded good and I love books about zombies.
The idea is fantastic! It's original in the sense that it's about zombies crying out for help and needing assistance with their unfinished business rather than trying to eat your brains...I liked that.
Unfortunately for me the idea just didn't come together. I found the MC to be very annoying and the plot was continuously battered due to her wanting to be popular...it was just one big popular
Paula  Phillips
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it

This is a book I've had for a while and being on medical leave; I figured I would try and clear some of the books off my devices. Remember years ago how Zombies were the "in" thing, and several YA books had made them hot like the Generation Dead series by Dan Waters, and I Kissed a Zombie, and I liked it by Adam Selzer. All of a sudden Zombies were back in and acceptable. They even had a new name - the living impaired. Megan Berry comes from a line from her mother's side of Zombie Settlers. It i
Marianne
With Zombie Settlers this young and incompetent I have a hard time believing the majority of them manage to grown up and reproduce, thereby continuing the cycle.

Nope, too unbelieveable even for the average authority hating tween, imo.
Rachael
Jan 11, 2009 rated it liked it
All Megan Berry wants is a normal life, but since she’s a Settler by birth, it’s her job to send Undead back to their final resting place, the grave. And even is her powers did lapse for a few years, giving her just a taste of normalcy, they return stronger than ever when fifteen-going-on-sixteen Megan is just about to go on a date with the hottest guy in school. And now that Megan has her Settler powers back, her chances of going to homecoming and making the pom squad are severely diminished, e ...more
Kristi
Sep 06, 2008 rated it liked it
Stacey Jay made my first exposure to the wonderful world of zombie literature a fun one! I always think of Michael Jackson’s Thriller video when I think of zombies. Not that has any significance for this review, but I just felt like throwing that out there, because that’s how I kept imagining the zombies when I was reading this novel. I thought the whole Settler society was a very interesting and unique! And Jay does a remarkable job depicting it.

I was expecting a darker theme, but it ended up
~Tina~
Apr 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
I've never really been too big on the whole Zombie-eating-world paranorm, but as far as Zombies books go, this one was really cute, fun and entertaining.

Megan Berry thought dealing with the unsettled was done and over with since she lost her powers 5 years ago, but the very much undead boy on her front porch looking for some closure is very much real and clearly Megan's powers are back from retirement and totally ruining her social life...

You Are So Undead to Me was a really quick, fun and light
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Allison Fraclose for TeensReadToo.com

Fifteen-year-old Megan Berry thought that she'd been rid of the Settler gig forever. Ever since the zombies attacked her at the age of ten, she hasn't been expected to continue interviewing the regular, nonthreatening undead to help them settle their worldly affairs so they could quietly go back to the grave.

But now, dead guys are showing up on her doorstep again, and even though Megan's Settler powers have returned full-force, picking up the job
Brittney
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio-owned
Ehhh...after an ending like that, I can't give this book one star. I am too much of a hopeless romantic. I'm telling you it gets me every time.

Overall this book was too young for me. I love YA and I can read books set for even younger audiences, but this one was too much. It was fairly predictable and the MC was (what did my status update say) "immature and painfully annoying." I think that pretty much sums it up. I had a hard time looking past that aspect of the book to really think about anyt
Kerste
Nov 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: morbid mature 13 year olds
Recommended to Kerste by: Heather
Okay I upgraded my rating to 2 stars because I was actually able to finish it, but this heroine, Megan Berry...VERY ANNOYING. Worse than Bella Swan and I didn't think that was possible. The whole book was painful at best. The internal chatter (and distractability) HORRIBLE. This is another author who solves a mystery with in an unsolvable way. I HATE that. And the epiphany is ridiculous.

She may be prolific, but I doubt I'll read her again.
Carolina
Apr 17, 2012 added it
Shelves: series, dl
Yay! Yay! Yay! Zombies!
Raquel Evans
The high school angst and drama was dull, but I found the zombie fighting parts moderately interesting. I'm not a hurry to finish the series, but I'd consider reading the rest of it eventually.
Ashley Ehlers
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, reread
Originally posted on Paranormal Sisters: http://paranormalsisters.blogspot.com...

This was originally published as a full-length novel which I have sitting on my bookshelf. I've been craving a reread but when I noticed since then Mrs. Jay got her rights back, heavily edited it (trust me I checked) and republished it in a serial series. Though it's minor changes- just knowing there is a second edition to the full-length novel I just had to get it. I mean, what if she changed something? haha. It wo
Amber
Jan 18, 2010 rated it liked it
I've never been a huge zombie fan. The whole undead-moaning-slobbering things has never been my cup of tea. Like many reads over the past year, I'm reaching outside my comfort zone and giving zombies more of a try. I thought this book would be a little darker and a little more serious, but it turned out to be an actual fun, witty, and light hearted one that I enjoyed.

Megan has a great young teenage voice. She just wants to live a normal life, but it's kind of hard when the undead keep showing up
Johanna
Mar 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
You Are So Undead To Me
(Megan Berry Book #1)
by Stacey Jay

Genre: Urban Fantasy / Young Adult

Megan Berry's social life is so dead. Literally. Fifteen-year-old Megan is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's part-time shrink to a bunch of dead people with a whole lot of issues. And things are about to get even worse. Someone at school is using black magic to turn average, angsty Undead into flesh-eating Zombies and it's up to Megan to stop the zombie apocalypse...
Studying her Settler textbo
Sam
May 26, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Megan Berry is a 16 year old Zombie Settler- this means dead people with issues come back from the grave and find her to vent their frustrations. She had a reprieve after some major issues a few years ago, but it appears that her powers are coming back full force. In fact, Megan may be the strongest Settler around. Naturally, this has some major impacts on her personal life; it's hard to keep a boyfriend or go to the homecoming dance when there are dead people looking for you on a regular basis. ...more
Ashley - The Bookish Brunette
Apr 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies, 2009-release
This is SUCH a fun and cute read!

Megan Berry is a Zombie 'settler'. Basically she helps the undead settle into the afterlife.

"Welcome to your after-death session. My name is Megan. May I have your name, last name first?" -Megan doing her opening spiel.

Megan has been out of the zombie settling game for 5 years, when suddenly- right before her date with Mr. HOT senior Josh- a zombie shows up at her door ringing the doorbell.

Here's the deal. Once the zombie tells the settler whatever it is that
Alyssa
Megan is a powerful zombie settler who recently comes into her powers once more after suppressing them following a traumatizing encounter with reanimated corpses (RCs) as a child. The reemergence of her powers wreaks havoc on her blossoming social life, in which she's dating the school's cutest boy and pursuing a spot on the pom squad. Afterall, what teenage girl wants to be dealing with zombies instead of going on dates and dancing?

On top of the return of her powers, Megan must find out how to
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
WOW... I was frustrated for a little while there at the juvenile aspects but when it was all said and done, color me content. Yes, it is a high school story (after all the MC is a 15-almost-16 girl) but it's done really well. True to the chracaters ages, but not reminding me of my own teenager so much I want to throttle the book.

I would totally feel comfortable giving this to a pre-teen to read. There are references to alcohol and sex, but it's really nearly as clean as an after-school special..
Abbie
Jul 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Life is never normal when you're job is to help the Undead resolve their unfinished business. Add in Homecoming, boys, fellow rivals, and an evil necromancer and what do you have? Megan Berry's teenage life.

My thoughts:
So I've never really been a zombie fan, but this book was unique and funny enough that I actually enjoyed parts of it. Zombies showing up on your doorstep sound like a pretty funny (and scary) experience. The plot was good. I mean, who could resist magic, mystery, and romance?

But
Annabelle
Jun 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Even the cover of this book reminds me of the movie poster for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
I LOVE Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
So, logically, I loved this book. Meguffy (as I will refer to her from now on) is hilarious and witty and brave. Despite things usually not going her way and her tendency to get into big time trouble, she never gives up. Plus, she doesn't let people push her around, which is probably my favorite personality trait. She's a great heroine in her own clumsy yet not-so-clumsy way.
Th
Penny
Sep 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoyed Paranormalcy and/or loves YA UF featuring zombies
Recommended to Penny by: Audible
I listened to this audiobook forever ago. Not sure why I never got around to listing it here. 3.5 stars. This book is a fun YA UF. If you liked Paranormalcy you'll probably enjoy You Are So Undead To Me.

About the narrator, Jessica Almasy's performance: I think they got the right narrator for this book. She's got the right voice for a teenage girl which, for whatever reason, is pretty rare when it comes to audiobooks. Pitch-perfect performance.

P.S. If you've got an audible membership you can pu
Kirsti
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've wanted to read this book FOREVER! It was an early book on my to-read, but I've never found a copy until now. Strangely enough it was on the shelf at Belconnen Dymocks- and they are not really known for books that have been out a few years. Maybe someone ordered it and never picked it up, but whatever the reason I got to buy it and read it!

Alright, so there is very little depth here. It's exactly what I thought it would be, zombies and a 'typical' popular American teen dealing with them in
Alley Kat
Jul 26, 2013 rated it liked it
In Stacey Jay's novel, You Are So Undead to Me, main character, Megan, finds her Settler powers returning after the night five years ago, where they disappeared. This means taking on responsibility once again, possibly ruining her sophomore experience.

So I guess we're back to whiny, pathetic, and stupid female main characters? Megan was horrible. She really was. She was stupid and whiny and really couldn't do anything right. This book was boring, up until the big event at the end when you finall
Erin DuBrock
Jan 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you need to read a light and fluffy book. This book is so cute that you want to cuddle with it all night long. I literally read it in one sitting, which is something that I don't do very often.

I laughed, I got butterflies in my tummy from Megan and Ethan's relationship, and I speculated about who was the bad guy... girl??? I do have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised that the mystery of this story had me guessing and I didn't predict all of it.

I am very excited for the sequel com
Becky
Jun 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-z-challenge
I really liked this book. I wish I could do 3.5 stars here on Goodreads. It was cute. It was silly, it was zombies. I will read the other 2 books that are out in the series so far.

I really liked the take the author took on "unsettled" and the difference between the violent reanimated corpses that did the flesh eating. It was unique.

I would recommend this for a quick fun read, probably not for a serious Zombie book lover.
Louisa
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reads
This book was so funny, and even remembering part of what was going on, it was just as good, and plus there were still things that were a mystery, because I'd forgotten them! Need to read more!

*First read May 12th, 2012*
Oh, this was an awesome book! Very funny, and great characters, and lots of twists and turns! Can't wait to read the next book!
Vicki
I'm definitely not much of a zombie reader, but I thought I'd give it another shot. I thought the book was light-hearted and a fairly fun read; however, I'll probably always think of zombies as beings that are rotting away, oozing gunk, and whose arms come off with one little tug. LOL
Around the Year i...: You Are So Undead To Me, by Stacey Jay 1 7 Jan 01, 2018 09:02PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: You Are So Undead to Me By Stacey Jay --> 7/26 12 11 Jul 28, 2013 01:06AM
Is this your typical zombie book 2 11 Dec 26, 2012 02:20PM
  • Zombie Queen of Newbury High
  • Never Slow Dance with a Zombie
  • I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It
  • Secrets of Truth and Beauty
  • Zombie Blondes
  • Kiss of Life (Generation Dead, #2)
  • Never Bite a Boy on the First Date
  • Bad Taste in Boys (Kate Grable, #1)
  • Bite Me! (Bite Me, #1)
  • Give Up the Ghost
  • Zombies Don't Cry (Living Dead Love Story, #1)
  • Reign or Shine (Demon Princess #1)
  • Demon Envy (Kenzie Sutcliffe, #1)
  • The Awakening (Ghost Huntress, #1)
  • Shadowed Summer
  • Dead Is So Last Year (Dead Is, #3)
  • The Good Ghouls' Guide to Getting Even (Beth Frasier #1)
  • Stupid Cupid (Stupid Cupid, #1)
Stacey Jay is a recovering workaholic (or at least working hard at recovering) with three pen names, two small children, and a passion for playing pretend for a living. She’s been a full time mom-writer since 2005 and can't think of anything she'd rather be doing. Her former careers include theatre performer, professional dancer, poorly paid C-movie actress, bartender, waiter, math tutor (for real ...more

Megan Berry (2 books)
  • Undead Much (Megan Berry, #2)
“It was like watching an angsty hormone-fueled train wreck and firmly cemented my resolve to be at least twenty-five before I considered getting hitched.” 4 likes