Start by marking “Un Cottage En Cornouailles” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Un Cottage En Cornouai...

Nora Roberts

Un Cottage En Cornouailles

En reconnaissant la haute silhouette de l'homme avec qui elle a rompu cinq ans auparavant, Raven sent son coeur s'emballer. Pour quelle raison le c�l�bre musicien anglais Brandon Carstairs, qu'elle pensait ne jamais revoir, se trouve-t-il � Los Angeles ? Doit-elle se r�jouir de son retour ou bien s'enfuir pour ne pas souffrir de nouveau ? Pourtant, lorsque Brandon lui r�v� ...more
Unknown Binding, 288 pages
Published February 1st 2012 by Editions Harlequin (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Un Cottage En Cornouailles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Un Cottage En Cornouailles

Camilla
Jan 16, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I read this to put off reading something denser on my nightstand, but it was sooo bad. Nora Roberts' writing has improved over time (this was published in 1983) though, of course it's dated- white pant suits, mauve hats, lots of smoking,,, The worst part was the violence; the male character handled the female roughly, spoke to her roughly, was over-the-top angry. I guess it was the only way for a romance writer to let us know that the male was IN LOVE. Yucky and creepy.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Raven Williams is a successful singer/songwriter. Brandon Carstairs is a man from her past who walked out on her five years before. Now he is back to persuade her to work with him on an up and coming musical.

One of those oldies that didn't really stand the test of time. Back in the 80s I might have liked it but it was just okay for me now.
Gina
Apr 26, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Easily my least favorite work by Ms. Roberts thus far. I have read and enjoyed all of her more recent works & started working my way back through to her early books.

Unfortunately I'm finding that most of the early ones are just silly romance, and not even good romance - instead, like in this one, its a strong manly man who knows what he wants and what the beautiful but delicate female lead wants, and if she doesn't want it right away, well, he's right and she's wrong. Borderline rapey in pa
Lauribooks
Bueno, me ha parecido una pena que con lo que me gustan a mí los libros de Nora Roberts este no me haya convencido.
Este libro lo publicó la autora hace 35 años, prácticamente al inicio de su carrera y es una novela corta que, a pesar de tener poco más de 200 páginas (en la edición en la que lo he leído yo), se me ha hecho eterno.
La primera mitad del libro me estaba gustando bastante, me hubiera gustado que la autora profundizara un poco más en el trabajo de los protagonistas, que eran cantantes.
Beth
May 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This didn't work for me; the old fashioned alpha male stuff doesn't feel romantic anymore. He keeps manipulating her, physically and emotionally, and it's all in her best interests. She keeps saying no but meaning yes, pleased when he forces himself on her.

I was just letting it ride when the final confrontation broke me. She has to rush to her mother's dying bedside, and he's off having a tantrum about her not trusting him unconditionally in the face of all his manipulation so she can't tell him
Laura Calderone
Già pubblicato in Italia nell'84
per la serie Bluemoon dalla Curcio Editore
come Dolcissime labbra.
3,5 in realtà... tenero.
Carino leggere la storia di due star della musica.
Diverse da quel che in genere succede nella vita reale,
che ci fa sognare mondi diversi.
Cindi
Another good one for Nora Roberts.
Sean Harding
Another pedestrian fairly dull outing here. Everything felt fairly predictable and there are those moments where for want of a better description it is either zero or a hundred.
To put it another way when some people rate books or movies fit they like it it gets five starts if they don't one star, there are n shades in-between it is either all or nothing, and the relationships in these books feel that way, it is either insane unrealistic feelings of galaxies been formed in your brain when you kis
Readerkuna1
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book. I like the characters a lot. Brandon wants Raven to work with him on a film score. She agrees but he keeps wanting more.

He broke her heart. They do work together. And eventually come together to do this score and create great movie.

They finally get together until she has to leave with her mother is in an accident and not expected to live. She rushes home but to late.

Brandon is not happy with her and she tries to explain but at first he will not listen.
They do find th
Scott Rhine
by and large a great escape into the world of the rich and famous. However two things marred the perfection. First, the fights all felt very contrived and artificial. Second, the guy roughing her up really turned her on. Really? Feels like a guy wrote some of this. Especially when she's ready to go four more times the day she loses her virginity. Usually, it hurts the woman for a little while after.
Holly Linford
Feb 09, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Thank God Nora Roberts got better at writing. I love much of her later work, which is why I try every story of hers at least once because I don't want to miss out on the beautiful romantic stories she can write. None of her very earliest novels are good. The way she portrays the males is not okay and plays into rape culture. If these were the first novels I had read by her, I would not have read anything else by her.
Ashley Christensen
Definitely more like 3.5 stars, but not enough to bump up to 4.
I liked it, good lines, good romance.

I liked the story line (they were writing a musical based on a book!), but I wanted more of it. Personal preference, of course! But I think a newer Nora would have had more details.

Overall, though, not sad I read this one at all.
Queenie
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Some of these shorter novels Nora Roberts writes miss the boat. The characters aren’t setup as they are with her longer ones; which is somewhat understandable. However, those storylines give you insight into the characters - so these characters end up seeming forced (I don’t exactly read Roberts for the deep character development, but I’d at least like them somehat well-rounded). A flat read.
Julie Hollis
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book

Nora Roberts is and I suspect will always be one of my favorite writers and as such is one of a select few. This book was as usual very hard to put down. I highly recommend it.
Cláudia Martins
Acho que vou parar de ler livros da Nora Roberts pocket durante uns tempos, o tipo de leitura começa-se a tornar demasiado repetitiva. O livro em si é em engraçado, mas a história é demasiado centrada no romance, deixando tudo o resto para desenvolver. Tenho pena.
Patrick Smith
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prequel

Great to read after later books. Can see the progression of the characters in books written later by this author
Cris
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Early-'80s category romances are so... archaic & bad (when read today). But Nora manages to make them relatively enjoyable!
Sophie
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
These have not aged well! Brandon is too alpha male and controlling by far
Karen
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Raven sees Brandon after a five year split. Can she deal with the feelings that she remembers? Brandon gave Raven space, will she trust him now? I had to read this - just for the title alone!
Shannon
Mar 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
Loved the story but the man was a bit overbearing for my taste. Made me uncomfortable. Fun look back at the 90s though.
Jennifer, Just beyond normal ♑
Probably more of a 3.5 for me. Took a while to get through this book. It wasn’t bad, just had a hard time holding my interest.
Phylisha Stone
easy read
Connie Napoli
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great!

Another great novel. although I gave this one 5 stars, I thought there could have been a little more to the story. It seemed to have e dead too abruptly. How did the musical turn out? Was it a success? I guess we will have to use our own imagination.
Sanne
Jan 03, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Zuerst: ich habe schon mindestens ein Buch von Nora Roberts gelesen - und fand es gut. Also nichts gegen die Autorin

Aber dieses Buch ist schlecht. Einfach grottenschlecht. Und es wird von Seite zu Seite schlechter. Das erste Buch überhaupt, bei dem ich erwogen hatte, mittendrin aufzuhören, und es wegzulegen. Ich bin aber, was das angeht, ein Prinzipienreiter - also hab ich mich durchgequält. Vielleicht zur Entschuldigung (der Autorin): das Buch wurde im Mira Verlag erst vor Kurzem veröffentlicht
Emelie Johansson
This book is about Raven a famous singer/songwriter who lands a deal to write the songs for the most anticipated movie right now. The only catch is that she has to write together with her ex boyfriend whom she has not seen in years and it did not end well with.

Raven is a smart an witty character who does what she loves. She is a strong woman who values the important things in life and surround herself with good friends. The male character Brandon is a famous singer/songwriter just like Raven. B
Radhika
It was the usual story of love and life, making compromises and living happily ever after. But it was penned by author Nora Roberts who has her unique style of story telling.

Brandon comes in search of his bride Raven Williams whom he has not set eyes on in 5 years. He deliberately keeps away and follows her success and stardom from afar. His own music career makes a meteoric rise.

He comes back to claim her as his bride hoping she would have outgrown her insecurities and her cloak of secrecy wh
Jen
Jan 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Raven Williams was just a kid when she met and fell in love with Brandon Carstairs. He broke her heart and destroyed her confidence, and now, five years later he's back and asking her to work with him.

The musical score for the year's hottest musical is a dream job and Brandon wants Raven. Using the score as an excuse to see her and convince her to work with him alone in his house in Cornwall, he is determined to make Raven love him again.
Luvmena
Oct 28, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Their Songs and their Passion Would Electrify a Waiting World. Raven Williams was a singer who had an overwhelming need to love and be loved, and whose voice of rich dark velvet had catapulted her to fame. Brandon Carstairs was a musician in whom the charming Irish dreamer warred with a practical British reserve. The music they made together was exciting, disturbing, erotic. Soon it would reach a dangerous crescendo.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Only Forever \ Thunderbolt over Texas
  • Murder on the Fourth of July (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #28)
  • Secret Vows (Hideaway Wedding, #2; Hideaway Legacy #15)
  • Strangers In Paradise
  • Ghost (Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club, #9)
  • Baby Benefits (Messina Brothers, #2)
  • Against the Ropes
  • Sing Me Home
  • Have Mercy
  • The Spy Wore Silk
  • And The Desert Blooms (Sedikhan, #7)
  • Adam's Song (8 Million Hearts, #1)
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 2 "Discovered" (My Masters' Nightmare, #2)
  • Diamond (Gambler's Daughters, #1)
  • Nora Roberts