Start by marking “Hilda and the Mountain King (Hilda, #6)” as Want to Read:
Hilda and the Mountain King (Hilda, #6)

Hilda and the Mountain King

(Hilda #6)

See what perils await our beloved blue-haired adventurer in the sixth book of Luke Pearson’s widely praised series.
We rejoin our heroine for her latest adventure just as she awakes to find herself ... in the body of a troll! Her mother is worried sick, and is perplexed by the strange creature that seems to have taken Hilda’s place. Now, both of them are in a race to be reu
Published October 15th 2019 by Flying Eye Books (first published September 3rd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Hilda and the Mountain King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hilda and the Mountain King

Start your review of Hilda and the Mountain King (Hilda, #6)
Melki
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our favorite little blue-haired girl gets to find out more about trolls than she bargained for in this delightful adventure that she shares with her mother.

Terrific . . . as always!
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, scandi
For a lot of the book I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, it had great elements, the idea of changelings, treasure hoards, people who shoot first and question later, the politics of walls, that seemed all too disparate and disconnected, and then it clicked. The love of mothers, the care between parent and child, everything just worked and the balance between civilization and nature was found. And thankfully this volume did NOT end on a cliffhanger!
Rod Brown
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
The last book was quite disappointing, but this ode to mothers wraps up the two-part story quite magnificently as Hilda works to return to her normal life after being kidnapped by trolls.

I also recommend the Netflix series. Quite good.

My tags: (view spoiler)
Arielle
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The cutest, as always
Kendra
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So very happy this is my hundredth book this year, and the one that wins my 2019 reading goal. I love you so much, Hilda <3 ...more
Chi
(As an aside, I bought the hardcover version of this book. Had I known sooner the beautiful binding that the hardcover versions had, I would've bought them sooner. As it stood, I've gotta figure out what to do with the softcover versions of volume 1 - 5: whether to keep them or gift them.)

In any case, this seemed like a very satisfying conclusion to what Luke Pearson had been teasing since the start of the series - that is, why there is much animosity between humans and trolls. I'm glad that I'v
Mehsi
The 6th volume and this time tons of trolls, revelations, and a few moments that brought tears to my eyes.

I read this one in Dutch, but wrote my review in English so more people can read it.

I just LOVE the Hilda series. Well, OK, when I first started the series years ago I wasn’t such a big fan of Hilda. But now after re-reading the series again, watching the show on Netflix when it aired, and read the books that were made after that (which features some parts of the show/GNs but also have new m
Well. Not much to say that can't spoil it but I love this series.
Jason
After such a looooong wait for part two, I couldn't be more pleased with the resolution! The information revealed at the climax was totally unexpected and created quite a bit of drama and suspense, and it all resolved so beautifully. More of a focus on big events than relationships and characters (like the series usually is), but it's entirely appropriate here. My love for Hilda and her folks (human, animal, or magical) continues to grow.
Dichotomy Girl
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Hilda!
Marc *Dark Reader of the Woods*
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
After the cliffhanger ending of Hilda and the Stone Forest, fans had to endure a 3-year wait for this continuation. Not me though, because I only started this series earlier this year, ha ha suckers! That's what you get for reading current books!

Mocking aside, it was worth the wait. Pearson continues to deliver charm, adventure, mystery, and terror to readers of all ages. This is the culmination of the entire series and... might be the last volume? It certainly could be, story-wise, although it
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Hilda has been transformed into a changling troll, and a troll child has replaced her in the human city. While Hilda's mother searches for her daughter on the mountainside by day, Hilda is learning about the trolls' inner life underground in the caves. She befriends a mysterious troll who promises to turn her back into a human, if she completes three dangerous tasks.

I love this fun graphic novel! The story is so imaginative, and the characters are compelling and emotional. I love the relationsh
Leah (Jane Speare)
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think that was the best one! (But maybe the last too??? :( )
Jenna
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great addition to the series and we finally get answers about Trollberg’s creation and other world building bits! Loved this expansion of the world.
Saskia
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-release
These get more emotional and nuanced with every book. I have so much love for this story.
Alec Longstreth
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
What a satisfying ending to this wonderful series. I’m so excited to see whatever Luke works on next!
Nica
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-etc
Art⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Story⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sean Cox-marcellin
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
New Hilda books are always a treat. But the past couple, for me at least, have lacked a spark of magic and wonder that empowered the first few.
Lara
This was great, just like always--I really love how things turn out with the trolls and especially between Hilda's and Ba Ba's families--super sweet! I am already eagerly anticipating more. So get on it, Luke Pearson!
Day
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the subtle way this series teaches you much bigger concepts.
Travis
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alyssa (Sweetkokoro)
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelli
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hilda and the Mountain King is the sixth and final book in the Hilda collection. This series started off strong and finished beautifully. I have yet to investigate other works by Luke Pearson but I am a forever fan for sure. These books are perfect for elementary through high school age students or really anyone who has an explorer’s heart. Even the most reluctant of readers will love Hilda.
Olivia
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yabc-reviews
See my full review here: https://www.yabookscentral.com/kidsfi...

HILDA AND THE MOUNTAIN KING is an engaging and thrilling children's fantasy adventure. This graphic novel tells the story of Hilda and her mother, when Hilda wakes up as a troll and the mother realizes she has a changeling in her house. The trolls and humans are at odds with the people threatening the trolls with weapons and the trolls taking things the humans "discard," including the vegetables the humans bury in the ground for so
Jaimie
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
McKenzie Richardson
For more reviews, check out my blog: Craft-Cycle

After the unsettling ending of Hilda and the Stone Forest, I couldn't wait to find out what happened. I finally got to read this book and, of course, I loved it.

As with the other books in the series, the story is awesome, the artwork is superb, and everything about it is just fantastic. I love reading about Hilda's adventures and it was especially exciting to get some history on Trolberg and the trolls who live around it in this one.

A fantastic r
Tatiana Dengo
OOOF this is a solid 11/10 as we’ve come to expect from Hilda.

The overall theme of Hilda and the Mountain King is very reminiscent of the Midnight Giant storyline.

Time has passed, the world has changed, humans have taken over the land, and ancient creatures (such as trolls) are left with no choice but to accept that’s how things are.

Thankfully the humans have Hilda to remind them of how to behave respectfully when interacting with these ancient creatures. It’s an extremely wholesome story ove
Victoria Koldewyn
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: winter-2020
I will never hesitate to recommend anything by Luke Pearson, and the Hilda adventures are fantastic. I think this book will appeal greatly to those who are more familiar with the Netflix series (which I haven't seen, since I don't have Netflix...OMG it's true!): there are many more panels crammed into these pages than previous books. In fact, these last two depart somewhat from the more spacious feeling of the others. I think it's because TV is geared for action, and Luke is working with that in ...more
Chrissie
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This opens up with a "previously" summary of what happened in the last Hilda adventure. I'm glad about that too because I'd forgotten what had happened.

Hilda and a troll baby swap places and Hilda becomes a troll while the troll baby tries to take the place of Hilda. Of course, Hilda's mom is frantic to get the real Hilda back. While Hilda is a troll she uncovers the mountain king and we learn the origin story of the trolls and how the city of Trolberg was built.

It was an entertaining story. Lo
Anastasiya
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
The troll: "Some trolls... [are] looking to fight us and steal our food"
Hilda: "Shouldn't you all be friends?"
The troll: "You mean how all human are friends?"

Hilda's adventures remind us to be kind to one another, to live in peace with one another, to cherish all the moments together, to stay ourselves in every situation, to love and appreciate our parents, to enjoy every moment and to go to the mountains once in a while... to be a troll!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Super Spellsword Sága: Legenda o Nekonečnu
  • Hicotea (Nightlights #2)
  • Marcy and the Riddle of the Sphinx
  • Nightlights (Nightlights #1)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • The Dam Keeper: Return from the Shadows (Dam Keeper, #3)
  • The Midwinter Witch (The Witch Boy, #3)
  • Deadendia: The Broken Halo
  • Lumberjanes: The Shape of Friendship
  • Sanity & Tallulah
  • Trikolora
  • Island Book
Luke Pearson is a comic book artist and illustrator, author of Hildafolk and Everything We Miss (published by Nobrow Press). Hildafolk, his first book for Nobrow Press, quickly gained him recognition as a leading proponent of the new wave of English cartoonists.

"Pearson’s whimsical artwork—a cross between Lucky Luke and Miyazaki—creates a magical spell of a mysterious world of hidden creatures, an

Hilda (6 books)
  • Hildafolk (Hilda, #1)
  • Hilda and the Midnight Giant (Hilda, #2)
  • Hilda and the Bird Parade (Hilda, #3)
  • Hilda and the Black Hound (Hilda, #4)
  • Hilda and the Stone Forest (Hilda, #5)