Start by marking “A Woman Scorned” as Want to Read:
A Woman Scorned

A Woman Scorned

Are you afraid?
You should be.

The husband: in over his head with no way of knowing the truth.
The mistress: blinded by love, betrayed by her family...
The neighbour: will stop at nothing to protect the life he has fought to create.
The wife: a woman bent on revenge, but how far is she willing to go...?

Dark as night, this is a brilliantly plotted, gripping short story from
Published May 3rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about A Woman Scorned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Woman Scorned

Start your review of A Woman Scorned
Jules
Wow! If there’s a lesson to be learnt here, it’s definitely never mess with a woman scorned! This is an absolutely cracking psychological thriller!

Having loved My Girl by this author, I was dying to get my hands on A Woman Scorned. Considering this is a novella rather than a full-length novel, it really has a lot to give. The characters are well developed and the story is brilliantly plotted. Just when you think you might have worked out what is going to happen, another surprise comes into the m
Sue
A WOMAN SCORNED is a psychological thriller novella by author Jack Jordan. Having loved “My Girl” and “Anything For” by this author, I was so happy and anxious to read his psychological thriller novella,” A Woman Scorned”. I was not disappointed. All I can say is WOW! WOW! This may be a short story but it packs a punch.

When you plan to read this book, tell everyone to get lost! I was so involved in this short story that I resented any interruptions. Just leave me alone and let me read! I loved t
Dennis
Warning! Do not read on Kindle while walking! You may bump into someone on line at Starbucks and get called an idiot Millennial!

Work has been stressing me out lately and I haven't been able to read as much as I wanted to. I just couldn't commit to something substantially long because my hours have been hectic beyond all reason. I was very excited after speaking with Mr. Jack Jordan about A Woman Scorned because I knew it would be a quick read and my friends Chelsea and Amy (shoutout to @susp
Bibi
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars rounded up*
Warning: If you're looking for characters you can root for, then pass on this book

After the umpteenth betrayal and plot twist, I conceded the story was perfectly fiendish and laughed uproariously right until the very last page. What a delightful and wicked story. To the guys and gals who might be tempted to cheat: don't. And if you do, pray your spouse isn't remotely like Amber, our unrepentantly evil "heroine".
Linda Strong
Amber has the perfect life ...well, almost. Her husband is tall, dark and handsome... almost perfect, except for his cheating ways. Her friend next door is a great friend, but not quite perfect as Amber is soon to find out.

Amber has secrets ... secrets that go back to her childhood. Nothing, but nothing, is going to stand in her way of getting what she wants.

And what she wants is the perfect life.

What a roller coaster ride! There are secrets and twists and turns within those secrets. Amber is o
The Book Review Café
A Woman Scorned by Jack Jordan is a short story but don’t think for one minute that this means it lacks plot detail or character development. This is a hell of a short story that packs a very devious punch. If you haven’t read a book by this author yet here is a good place to start, as you get a feel for the authors writing. One thing I love about Jack Jordan’s writing is his ability to come up with a plot that’s refreshingly original in content and brilliantly plotted.

Told from four POV the wi
Amy
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you’re a fan of Jack Jordan then you’ll probably agree with me that it feels like it’s been forever since the release of his smash hit My Girl. It’s been almost two years and I was SO excited to hear he was releasing a short story/novella this month and then a full length novel this summer! Let me tell you guys, it was worth the wait, normally short stories don’t blow me away, I’m usually not totally satisfied and am left wanting more. Totally not the case here, this bite sized treat packed o ...more
Amanda
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Man oh man, I love Jack Jordans novella's! I'm always at the edge of my seat and after reading My Girl I quickly became hooked and I'm happy to say A Woman Scorned was equally as addicting!

I loved the four POV's we were gifted with in A Woman Scorned. There's nothing more intriguing than that blurb above. I wanted to know why the husband was in over his head. I was itching to meet the mistress because we all love affairs when it comes to psychological thriller's. I had to know who the heck the n
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
What a deliciously dark book this is.

Whilst only a shortish read with it being a novella, it had me gripped from the off.

The story is split into four parts, each being told in the point of view from each of the four characters. I absolutely loved this as it actually makes for some surprising reading.

I really had no clue in what direction the author would take me. With each part I was even more hooked and getting closer to the edge of my seat. It was like a ride on the waltzers, one minute you’re
Jayme
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-suspense
You’ve heard the phrase, “Hell Hath No Fury like a Woman Scorned”? (A proverb adapted from a line in the play “The Mourning Bride” by William Congreve.

Well, this DARK twisted novella (about 125 pages) is about a the lengths that this woman scorned will go to for revenge, told from the viewpoints of the four characters involved :

The Wife
The Mistress
The Neighbor
The Husband

Each part has some repetition (word for word) so that you realize that each part is actually happening simultaneously with the
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
review to come

I read this short story on my flight home from holidays. I really, really wanted it to keep going as I loved the story so much!

Don't mess with a woman scorned - and this is one crazy rollercoaster of lies and twists. Great characters, and for a short story we find out a lot about them. Can any of them be trusted?

Such a great book - thanks to TBC and the author for a copy to read and love!
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
2.5

So I’m slightly disappointed in this one. I wanted another Lana (MindFu*k series) and I feel like I got a woman who Lana would roll her eyes at, laugh at, and then show her how it’s really done.

Amber was a psychopath. Amber was warped. Amber was dark. Amber was malicious. Amber didn’t take kindly to being cheated on or having other people take advantage of her or her family. She has all the markings for a kick ass heroine who gets her revenge on her cheating husband. However she fell short f
Ellen
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! This may be a short story but it certainly packs a punch. Amber is the woman scorned and you do NOT want to mess with her. She is not the only one with revenge on her mind though...

Highly recommend!
Liz
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jack Jordan has successfully delivered this juicy, sinister gem of a novella to keep the fans ticking over ahead of his next full novel (Before Her Eyes) release in August!

Yes, the title isn’t subtle- you know you can expect revenge by a woman scorned in this story but maybe knowing what you get is that which pulls you in… A woman scorned is a beast indeed and I was prepared to grab my popcorn and witness the hell on earth with properly nurtured amusement! Sorry, ladies, and I generalize a stere
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
I really enjoyed Jack’s previous books, so I was super excited to be able to read an early copy of A Woman Scorned! And I stand by my hashtag, #JackIsBack, and with a bang!

A Woman Scorned is a short read, at less than 125 pages, so it was very easy to pick this one up, and not put it down until I finished it. It helps that it was a fun story to read too. Not fun in the usual sense obviously, but fun in the sense that it was a juicy little read.

I enjoy a domestic noir-ish thriller, but this one h
Michelle Ryles
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: galleys-read
Jack Jordan is one of my favourite authors so it was like having a trip to 'excitement city' when he released a novella as I waited patiently for his next novel. The writing as usual is superb but this book is SO good that the pages flick by so quickly and, being a novella, the whole experience is over far too quickly. Yes, I'm a greedy reader and I want more Jack Jordan books! I can almost hear Jack's fingers whooshing over the keyboard...as my wishes do sometimes come true!

So...A Woman Scorned
Doris
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read, interesting plot. 3.5 stars for this one.
Joanne Robertson
Yay! Jack is back! It’s been forever coming but this new novella from Jack Jordan is his first book since My Girl, which I absolutely loved, so I was thrilled to be able to get my hands on an early copy! And A Woman Scorned may be short but it is stuffed full of interesting characters and shocking plot twists which, when combined with a well developed storyline, grabbed me from the start and didn’t let me go.

The plot plays out over the course of one day as wronged wife Amber decides to take reve
Ingstje
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It seems like a lifetime ago that I was blown-away when I read My Girl, but even though it’s been a long wait for his new book, Jordan can take all the time in the world if it means he’ll deliver another phenomenal story like the one in A Woman Scorned.

I have no idea how to do this novel justice with my review but Jordan is such a master in writing amazing twists and turns into a story, it’s like I’m watching a David Blaine show. There are no frogs coming out of someone’s mouth just yet but let’
Petra
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned".
The wife, the husband, the mistress, and the neighbour.
4 points of view and an original plot with secrets, lies, drama and fantastic twists and turns.
All this in a short story of only 123 pages, but somehow the characters were still impeccably drawn.
I really enjoyed Jack Jordan's previous releases, My Girl and Anything for Her, and I loved this novella, which has me itching for his next release Before Her Ey
Stephanie
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. Another over-hyped story I have been waiting a long time to read. Don't get me wrong, it definitely had some fun elements and some nice, little twists. I kind of enjoyed how messed up everything/everyone was. But I expected something a little more explosive. The ending was really anti-climatic. ...more
Janie
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars and loved it! Finished it in one sitting. This book is about a wife wanting revenge against her husband plus, there are other things going on in the story that will keep the reader engaged until the very end!
Helen
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbc
This novella is a total gem for those of us who love a psychological thriller.

Amber is a woman that no one should mess with, she has fought hard to get the perfect life and nothing and nobody is taking that away ... that's as much as I'm going to say about the story ..but I can tell you that this is really, really well written, gripping, twisty and completely addictive.

Looking forward to reading lots more by this author.

4.5 - 5 stars
The Glass House Online Magazine
Terrifying, Suspensful... Unputdownable!
If there is one lesson I have learned while reading this novella, it's that sometimes less is certainly more!

Despite the fact that Jack Jordan's latest release takes less time to read than traveling across London at rush hour, it has to be one of the most breath-taking reads I have experienced recently.

If you are looking for a book that will grip your attention, keep your heart racing from the first to the very last page and leave you utterly floored on th
Chanel Lindsay
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me start off by saying that I absolutely LOVED this author's book, 'Before Her Eyes'. I instantly adored Jack's story-telling and his need to truly thrill his readers. This book is no different, being just 123 pages, this is in fact a short story but it is every bit as gripping and brilliantly-written as full-length novels.

THE HUSBAND: in over his head with no way of knowing the truth.
THE MISTRESS: blinded by love, betrayed by her family.
THE NEIGHBOUR: will stop at nothing to protect the l
Joann
Good golly Miss Molly, I'm stumped!!. Not sure what I expected but I don't think it was this. This short story is told from three points of view- wife, mistress, husband and neighbour. The author does a great job of making you care/or not care for the individuals and packs alot of emotion in very few pages. Maybe I was disappointed in the ending but then, there couldn't have been a different one, right? ...more
Mattie
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“ A Woman Scorned,” by Jack Jordan is a psychological thriller written in different points of view. It is easy to follow and quite the thriller! This novella packs a punch as well as his full length novels.
The characters are complex, entertaining and quite believable.
Jack Jordan does not disappoint! Looking forward to his next novel.
Thank you to the author and The Book Club Reviewers Group for providing a digital copy of this book to read and review.
Arabicbeauty
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely fast paced short story with enough lies, deceit, and betrayal to keep you fulfilled way after your finished. I really enjoyed this.
Lady Delacour
This was a really good Novella,
in my favorite genera, Nuttersville.
Would have been better if rated PG.
Will read this author again.
Listened with TTS.
Not Clean.
Foul Language.
Greta Halliday
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a read. I Enjoyed every page of this thriller, my only regret is that it wasn’t a full length novel, I wanted more.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Apprehension (New York Capos #4)
  • The Rainy Night
  • Fart Quest (Fart Quest #1)
  • Gus Loses a Tooth
  • Biscuit Goes to School
  • Gus Grows a Plant
  • Space Cows
  • Pug Blasts Off (Diary of a Pug #1)
  • Classes Are Canceled! (Eerie Elementary, #7)
  • The Girl Next Door
  • Do Not Disturb
  • What Lies Between Us
  • Our Song
  • Single
  • Don't Ever Forget (Adler and Dwyer, #1)
  • Don't Make a Sound (DS Nathan Cody #3)
  • The Patient
  • The Babysitter

Author of Anything for Her, My Girl, A Woman Scorned, and Before Her Eyes. Night by Night is published 2nd May 2019.