Start by marking “Princess in Practice (The Rosewood Chronicle #2)” as Want to Read:
Princess in Practice (The Rosewood Chronicle #2)

Princess in Practice

(The Rosewood Chronicles #2)

Lottie and Ellie are back!

Head back to Rosewood Hall with your two favourite princesses in the sequel to Undercover Princess!

----------

As they return to Rosewood after the dramatic events of their first year, Lottie and Ellie are hoping for a peaceful term.

But strange things are happening at Rosewood. Pupils are being poisoned.

Is the threat of secret organisation Leviath
Published September 20th 2018 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Princess in Practice, please sign up.
Study_with_E In one of her videos she said this is going to be a 5 book series however this may have changed.
Johanna Burton It mentioned that he was at least fifteen because he could drive so I'm guessing maybe sixteen?

Start your review of Princess in Practice (The Rosewood Chronicle #2)
Kate (GirlReading)
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5* Princess in Practice was a delight. It perfectly balanced drama, adventure, friendship, secrets and self discovery. The characters are wonderful and instantly likeable. The plot has had me totally hooked from the first page of book one and the comfortable, whimsically descriptive writing style makes losing yourself in this story impossible not to do. What’s not to love about a story surrounding princesses, lies, sweets and what I get the feeling is the beginning of an f/f first love? This s ...more
Ivana - Diary of Difference
Wishlist | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Ko-fi

Rosewood Chronicles

#1 Undercover Princess - ★★★★★
#2 Princess in Practice - ★★★★
#3 The Lost Princess - TBR

From Connie Glynn comes the second book of the Rosewood Chronicles - Princess in Practice, and it is the adventure of a lifetime that we all have been waiting for. If you thought Undercover Princess was amazing - you will definitely love its sequel.

''Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood. Now is the time to unde
Sage Elizabeth
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
4.3
I originally gave this 4 stars but i’m rounding it up because of the fluid of sexuality shown in the character Lottie.
In the first book, she was attracted to a male character and, in this was, she was attracted to a female character. Lottie didn’t obsess over this change but just let this happen. As a bi girl, i think this is a really real character trait. The execution of this is something i would love to see more in books and other media.
*******
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
UPDATE 8.5.18 - THAT. COVER. 😍

The cover says August but the stats say October WHY YOU TORTURE ME LIKE DIS
Claire ✨
Though a general improvement from the first novel, PRINCESS IN PRACTICE flounders with a weak voice and one-dimensional characters.

Me finishing this book:

Sigh. PRINCESS IN PRACTICE ought to be called Novel in Theory.

Once again, before I start, I want to note that just like UNDERCOVER PRINCESS, Glynn has so much potential as a storyteller. You can tell she really loves and cares for her characters and world. Unfortunately, she just isn't skilled enough to pull off her ambitious story yet. Like a
Annette
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I guess after 8 months of reading royalty novels and fairytale retellings, we can totally say that I'm in a princess and fairytale mood. And this book was, as expected after book one, therefore a very nice and pleasant read indeed. I have to admit that I didn't have all the details from the first book ready anymore, but luckily this book did help to bring all those memories back.

What I really loved about this book is that it continued where the previous book had stopped. It doesn't feel like we
George Fowles
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These books just give me the best feeling when reading them. I love the characters so much and especially the way their relationships with each other are developed here. The slow burn romance is killing me but I also appreciate that it's not straightforward (or straight) which makes it feel so much more realistic. Connie's expert magical realism is captivating. They are books that almost feel like home.
I'mogén
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 3.5 / 5

Princess in practice follows two main plots: figuring out what Leviathan is and finding out Lottie's background.

I think the things I was most excited about in this novel was the growth of friendships and budding romances. I could see my main one I was rooting for being hinted at in book 1 but felt like I was thrown off the scent, so you can imagine that I was squealing when certain characters started saying how they felt and that other characters could tell and was trying t
Gaëlle { Cressyliciouse }
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contempo, 2020
The first volume had highlighted Ellie's conditions for her life, her secrets and of course Lottie had followed this path. In this second volume the roles are reversed Lottie take a place a little more important than Ellie and we learn more about her family her past and the great mysteries that reign around the latter.

I think the action and all the new ideas of the author are magically well put (I invent terms worthy of Connie sorry but no sorry). Not a minute to breathe or rest, there is always
Freya
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm falling in love with this series it is deferentially my guilty pleasure read. when i first heard about it i was sceptical of it but after finishing book one i couldn't get the plot or characters out of my head.
so when i found out about book two i was dead set on getting it, but i then i got in a reading slump and sadly it has taken me 2 months to get to it however it did not disappoint.
This book had all the characters we know and love as well as some knew faces. we got our first def charact
Rokiisun
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vi ~ Inkvotary
Inkvotary

Lottie has found her home. Emotionally and in person with Ellie, her roommate and best friend at Rosewood Hall. And unlike Jamie, who sees his position as a burden for Lottie her new role is everything she ever wanted. But how can you show a person who grew up with the knowledge she still has to get, that having a choice is always better? And when Lottie starts her training with Jamie, she starts to understand, that power is nothing if you can´t defend yourself.

Easy to read, with some
Victoria Alyesa
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5stars-worthy
As with the first book I loved the story and every character (especially Lottie and Ellie).

The writing was intriguing and dragged me inmaking me want to listen more and more and more. The plot was a little bit slow and the plot overall felt like more of the first half to a book than a whole book itself (which it making me consider giving it 4 stars instead of 5)....but that has definitely made me want to read the 3rd book now and not have to wait for it. Which in my opinion is the sign of good w
Cameron
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: friends-books
It's just like the first book-cute and fun. Not to be taken too seriously. I have so far enjoyed both books but I do think that the series has some ways to go before it reaches it's peak, by which I mean in character development, but also plot. Connie's Writing is fun and easy to read, and I don't mind books that don't have a lot of description, But I think she needs to try and add more descriptive details.
I also think the book could be longer. I was comparing it to Harry Potter in my head whil
Anubha (BooksFullOfLife, LifeFullOfBooks)
I enjoyed this book immensely, it further divulged into finding the people and agenda behind Leviathan and Lottie finding her own family history. The lesbian element was quite a surprise to me but it was a pleasant one. I doubt there is a love triangle in process though but I can be totally wrong. Will find out with the third book.
Karen Barber
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to NetGalley for providing me with access to this.
A well-paced mystery, with thrills and adventure throughout. Lottie is still not sure about her role as undercover princess, but it becomes painfully obvious that she’s very necessary.
There are hints of Leviathan and their aims, and plenty of details hint at what’s to come next. Of course I’m keen to know who’s behind it, and I’m curious to know more about the plan.
gem
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I love this series, it’s so cute and fun!
Lottie and Ellie are back, and once again there is trouble and scandal afoot...
This series is perfect for fans of The School for Good and Evil, and also Robin Steven’s Murder Most Unladylike Books.
If you like your fairy tales twisted and full of drama, this is the perfect series for you!

Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for the chance to read this.
ForeverDay
I think I enjoyed this more than the first- now that everything has been set up the plot moved a bit faster, and there were a lot of tropes I enjoy in it. However, it still feels aimed at an audience younger than myself and was a bit middling. But, while I probably won't return to it, I would pick up the next book.
Lizzie Huxley-Jones
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the audiobooks of this series so much. Gay princesses!! All I ever want is to read about gay princesses and intrigue and secrets.
Dona van Eeden
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
VERY GAY. I LOVED IT. Ofc very easy to read, it was a great escape and weekend read.
Megan Mclean
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Actually 4.5, loved this book, the romance is spot on for me but there was a lot of waffling in the middle and some chapters that just didn’t need to be there !
Syd
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
4.5 stars. This book had a charming story with likable characters to adore. After reading the first page, I was instantly hooked. I personally really like how Jamie’s character developed throughout the book. I also like the representation of bisexuality in Lottie.
Summer
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Love this book! Does anyone else ship Jottie (Jamie + Lottie)?? I was writing J+L in a heart on the pages of this book 😂
Mullika Abdullatif
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
After reading Undercover Princess I literally could not wait for book 2 to be released! Princess in Practice met my expectations and more! Book 1 set the scene for book 2 so well allowing us to see the characters grow and watch the friendship bond between Ellie and Lottie become stronger. It’s even more pleasing as both characters are so different from each other yet they have a common ground of naturally wanting to protect one another. Even though the story has a magically essence to it I found ...more
Amy (Golden Books Girl)
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had mixed feelings on Undercover Princess last year, but for some reason I couldn`t resist picking this up soon after its release anyway and I definitely thought it was an improvement of book one. It follows a girl called Lottie Pumpkin, who acts as the Portman for Ellie, who is the princess of Maradova (this essentially means that she pretends she is the princess), and their Partizan Jamie (a very highly trained bodyguard to the princess) as they begin their second year at Rosewood after some ...more
Tiffany Heywood
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series is so cute. The Plot is so unique with their being adventure aswell as drama and friendship. I love that writing style, its easy to read and very descriptive which i felt is needed in some scenes just to describe the scenery. Lottie is staying strong to her role of being Ellies portman even if it means she having to lie in class. Lottie and Ellie both do a lot of self discovery in this book and learn things about themselves they never thought was possible. We see the characters worki ...more
Isabella
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was really awesome! I love all of the characters and love how this book was written. Definitely a new favorite of mine.
ailin lp
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
i don’t really know how to feel about this book...
i was really hoping that this book was going to be better then the first one, but it wasnt.
don’t get me wrong, i really enjoyed the first one
but this one i quite didn’t enjoy it as much. it wasn’t what i expected it to be. ☹️

first, this book felt flat for me. when i first started reading i was really “oh this easy to read” and your intrigued to know what it’ll be about. but the more i read i was more like “oh this is obvious”. the whole time i
Em
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Um diese Erinnerung festzuhalten, musst du sie zuerst zerstören. To capture this memory, you must destroy it first."

It's a new year at Rosewood Hall and Lottie Pumpkin is settling into her role as a pretend princess. She's mastered the etiquette and the rules and the formalities but the practical aspects of the job are taking a little more getting used to. Especially now that her fellow students are being poisoned left, right and centre. There's mischief at work and Lottie is determined to
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Library of Lemons
  • Romance
  • Olguța și un bunic de milioane
  • Happy Girl Lucky (The Valentines, #1)
  • Soleil Glacé
  • The Paper & Hearts Society (The Paper & Hearts Society #1)
  • Extincta
  • Nos âmes tourmentées
  • Glück und los! (Lina und die Sache mit den Wünschen #1)
  • Sur les traces du coupable (Dans les yeux de Lya, #2)
  • Celles Qui Restent
  • Das falsche Spiel der Meisterin (Die Duftapotheke #3)
  • The Darkest Bloom (Shadowscent, #1)
  • Recherche coloc : emmerdeurs, râleurs, lovers... s'abstenir
  • Death Sets Sail (Murder Most Unladylike Mysteries #9)
  • Villains in Venice (Taylor and Rose Secret Agents 3)
  • Unexpected Christmas
  • Cursed (Fairy Tale Reform School, #6)
Connie Glynn is an English author and YouTuber. Her debut novel Undercover Princess, the first in The Rosewood Chronicles, was published in 2017.
Glynn is also known for her YouTube videos on the channel Noodlerella. She provided the voice for the character Moxie Dewdrop in the UK cinema version of Dreamworks' Trolls.

The Rosewood Chronicles (3 books)
  • Undercover Princess (The Rosewood Chronicles, #1)
  • The Lost Princess (The Rosewood Chronicles #3)