Start by marking “Astrology, Psychology, and the Four Elements: An Energy Approach to Astrology and Its Use in the Counseling Arts” as Want to Read:

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  320 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Astrology, Psychology and the Four Elements by Stephen Arroyo, a recognized classic in modern astrology, is truly a pioneering book in the field of astrology. It establishes a new science of astrological psychology. Arroyo presents a language of energy that has enabled astrology to be widely and reliably used in the helping professions as well as by the general public. As ...more
Published June 28th 1978 by CRCS Publications,U.S. (first published December 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Astrology, Psychology, and the Four Elements, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Astrology, Psychology, and the Four Elements

Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second part of the book is amazing. A must read for anyone who already has basis knowledge in astrology.
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an insightful read for anyone interested in the psychological implications and applications of astrology.

I found the writing style (more so in the second half of the book) very lucid and engaging, with a lot of information packed into the concise classifications and descriptions of energy types and their applications/manifestations.

I especially liked the bit about the houses and the elements. I think the keywords used by Arroyo are very efficient and meaningful.

What I was expecting more
Nov 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: astrology
Fascinating read on Astrology from an energetic perspective. Although the first part of the book makes a compelling argument on the relevance and importance of Astrology as an empirical, yet archetypal system to understand human psyche and the development of different personality types, it was on the second half of the book that I resonated most with Arroyo’s ideas.

To perceive the elements as much more than symbols or qualities and relate to them as ever-flowing and interactive energy patterns
Mar 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Elements Air, Earth, Fire and Water as viewed through the natal charts astrological composition. Especially interesting and gave me pause for thought was the idea the the Element of the Acendent is the strongest instinctual drive/balencer/opposition to the Sun element. I'm a Capricorn Sun element earth with a Librian Asc. element air. I have been struggling with a huge sense of ungroundedness all my life and quite simply went 'ahhh' when studying this book.
Aug 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Read in 2011
Alison Finlay
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Early part of book not so good but part on the elements is fantastic!
Apr 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
I like the idea of people favouring a certain element and this writer has impressed me.
Andrea Samayoa
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Súper bien explicado para alguien que recién esta aprendiendo, un libro que abre la mente en muchos niveles.
Jeannine Covan
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well written, clearly explains the concepts..... I enjoyed this book
Paula Savioli
Mar 17, 2015
Rick DiClemente
Mar 07, 2012
  • Saturn: A New Look at an Old Devil
  • Pluto, Volume I: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul (Llewellyn Modern Astrology Library)
  • Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living
  • Chiron and the Healing Journey: An Astrological and Psychological Perspective
  • The Twelve Houses: Introduction to the Houses in Astrological Interpretation
  • Karmic Astrology, Vol. 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation
  • Aspects in Astrology: A Guide to Understanding Planetary Relationships in the Horoscope
  • The Astrologer's Handbook
  • Astrology, a Cosmic Science-Op
  • The Only Way to Learn Astrology, Volume 1: Basic Principles
  • Asteroid Goddesses: The Mythology, Psychology and Astrology of the Re-Emerging Feminine
  • Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark
From Wikipedia:

Stephen Arroyo (born October 6, 1946 in Kansas City, Missouri) is an American author and astrologer.[1]

Arroyo has written seven books on psychologically oriented astrology which outline his theory that the individual’s experience of the Solar System’s impacts on their personal energy field, both psychological and physical. His works recast astrological concepts in psychological ter
More about Stephen Arroyo...

Nonfiction Deals