Start by marking “Finding Lost: The Unofficial Guide” as Want to Read:
Finding Lost: The Unofficial Guide

Finding Lost: The Unofficial Guide

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  187 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
The perplexing plotlines and bewildering array of characters on the Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning television program "Lost" are analyzed and pieced together in this in-depth exploration.
Published September 1st 2006 by ECW Press

To ask other readers questions about Finding Lost, please sign up.

Dagny
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Loaded with extra goodies such as biographical information on cast and crew, translations of non-English spoken by characters, transcripts of the whispers, information on references to books, historical events and more. Stafford calls our attention to little things we might have missed. Great fun to read.
Francesca
Aug 18, 2016 marked it as to-read
As a huge LOST fan, this looks and sounds amazing! I can't believe I didn't know it existed!
Abigail
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A perfect companion to my Lost re-watch. Stafford has insightful thoughts about the show and a prefect blend of objectiveness and displaying her own preferences when writing about the episodes and characters.
Marina Dawson
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Several of my good friends had been at me for some time to watch LOST - somehow I had missed the show when it was originally broadcast. Since I trust these friends implicitly when it comes to movie and TV recommendations (we share a common interest in myth and pop culture), I knew I had to give LOST a try eventually. I nagged at my husband enough that he bought me season 1 last year for my birthday - and although he kept harping that we already had too much TV to watch, we popped it in the DVD p ...more
Tintinrulz
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Finding Lost: The Unofficial Guide" by Nikki Stafford is an entertaining, intriguing, comprehensive and well-written series that adds enormously to the reader's enjoyment of the hit TV series "LOST". There are a few spelling mistakes and some book summaries are exhaustive (covered expertly though). This book covers the first two seasons. All in all, "Finding LOST" is a brilliant series of books.

9/10
Lyle Penner
Mar 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Loved reading Nikki's reviews of each episode while watching the now iconic series about a bunch of complicated, deceiving individuals who get stranded on a South Pacific island after a plane crash. The connections she makes, including cross-references to other characters and to their respective flashbacks, is helpful in following along the various subplots. My only caveat is that she has a tendency to overemphasize the numerological dimension of Hurley's 'cursed' numbers. Now on to Season 3!
Phyllis
Oct 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
A wonderful aid in thinking about the series. I enjoy the articles about books the characters have read and the insightful character speculation. Stafford always presents interesting ideas to ponder and discuss.
I read the book once but return to it often for specific episodes or articles.
On the negative side, I would have appreciated more plot synopsis. Also, I thought the number business was basically trite.
Monique
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
The only down side to this guide is that it was written after the two seasons it covers aired, so while it gives a good insight into the fandom's experience of the show, many of the thought-provoking questions posed and some of the things pointed out and obsessed over are rendered obsolete by later seasons.
Matt
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pointed me to a few "Easter Eggs" located in the show, and I found it to be a nice companion on my third viewing of the first two seasons of the perhaps the most thought provoking TV show ever created.
Marissa Morrison
Nov 18, 2008 rated it liked it
This book has a lot of info on seasons one and two. However, it should be read while watching the shows because the synopses aren't detailed. I haven't watched those episodes for a couple of years, so some of the material here was hard for me to recall.
Candice Snow
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is much more than a simple guide to the show! Loved it :)
Jun 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Wow! Did the writers of the show really think of all these things?
Joanne
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Helped me understand why I fell in love with the show and significantly enhanced the experience
Gillian Whitfield
Oct 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent to have around if you are watching seasons one and two of Lost. Nikki Stafford is an excellent author. Like the season 3 book, I have read this book countless times.
Conny
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-books
Book 1,2 & 3 done.
Now book 4,5 & 6 ...
Child960801
May 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I've never read an episode guide before. I enjoyed it. I wasn't watching the series at the same time so I had to try and refresh my memory as I went. Some people are obsessed.
June Blakely
Oct 04, 2008
Darlene Young
Jul 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Lost Chronicles: The Official Companion Book with Bonus DVD Behind the Scenes of LOST
  • Lost Encyclopedia
  • Secret Identity (Lost, #2)
  • Signs of Life (Lost, #3)
  • The Sopranos: The Book: The Complete Deluxe Edition
  • Deadwood: Stories of the Black Hills
  • Lost and Philosophy: The Island Has Its Reasons
  • Scientific Wonders on Earth & in Space
  • Slayer Slang: A Buffy the Vampire Slayer Lexicon
  • Serial Killers: Being and Killing
  • MythBusters: The Explosive Truth Behind 30 of the Most Perplexing Urban Legends of All Time
  • How to Lose Your Ass and Regain Your Life: Reluctant Confessions of a Big-Butted Star
  • A Practical Guide to the Runes: Their Uses in Divination and Magic
  • Foreign Exchange (Glee, #2)
  • Ten Bad Dates with De Niro: A Book of Alternative Movie Lists
  • Steampunk: An Illustrated History of Fantastical Fiction, Fanciful Film and Other Victorian Visions
  • The Wet Engine: Exploring Mad Wild Miracle of Heart