Start by marking “Pandora's Legacy” as Want to Read:
Pandora's Legacy

Pandora's Legacy

The Panagakos family are descendents of Pandora, their family tasked with protecting Pandora’s box and capturing the monsters that have escaped over the years. When Charlie, Janet, and Trevor accidentally break the box, it’s up to the three of them to fix it before their family finds out...or worse...

What starts out as a typical family vacation to Grandma and G
Published December 4th 2018 by KaBOOM! (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Pandora's Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pandora's Legacy

Start your review of Pandora's Legacy
Cassie
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
this had siblings and a talking cat, who under circumstances turned out to be a titan, aka prometheus. like, if this doesn’t make you want to read it then idk what will.

also, this!! ending!!
my lifespan just expanded a few years. oh my, it was so adorable. i loved this graphic novel. it’s full of adventure, supernatural creatures, friendship, family, and lots of charm and sarcasm.

i laughed, i smiled, and i almost cried. please go read this because, honestly, i want to curl up and read it all
Jonathan Khan
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A delightful, adventurous story full of diverse characters and mythical creatures. Siblings; Charlie, Jan and Trevor stumble into a mysterious hidden grotto filled with ancient statues. Trevor, being the mischievous teen he is, accidentally breaks a jar that is held by one of the statues, which turns out to be the legendary Pandora’s Box. Set free from the box are all the monsters that have been contained by magic as well as the titan, Prometheus who now possesses the family cat and explains the ...more
Ian Roditi
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice art and fun characters ❤

I would read a second one if it comes someday.
The Carrion Librarian
Beautiful art.

The in media res/flashback structure might be too confusing for the intended audience as the delineation between the present and the past isn't very clear.

The volume should also probably have been a tad longer if it's going to be a standalone (especially if you're going to have such a large cast of characters).
Emma (Miss Print)
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bea
The Panagakos family are descendants of Pandora. For generations the family has worked to protect Pandora's box and guard against the dangerous monsters it contains.

Except no one ever told younger siblings Charlie, Janet, or Trevor about that. When the three of them find (and break) a mysterious jar in the wood near their grandparents' house, they have no idea what they've unleashed.

Lacking their older siblings' training, not to mention their weapons, Charlie, Janet, and
tony dillard jr
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Trevor and his sisters, twins Janet and Charlie, are just about to beginning summer vacation at their grandparents house when their beloved cat Po, escapes his carrier. Fleeing into the woods, the siblings chase after their cat and make an amazing discovery. In the middle of the woods is a derelict cottage filled with ancient looking statues. When Trevor breaks a vase that one of the statues is holding, the siblings unknowingly release an army of mythical creatures. For you see, that Grecian urn ...more
Sara I
Clearly it has been too long since I have read any middle-grade/juvenile fiction, I was blown away by this one! I knew after reading the synopsis and seeing the cover that I wanted to read it. However, now having gotten my hands on a copy and having read it, wow. I know that this is not only a graphic novel that I enjoyed as an adult but one I would have loved as a younger reader. I fully plan on trying to force my baby sister to read this, later. Pandora's Legacy is a book perfect for readers who lov ...more
Suzanne
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Three siblings follow their cat into the woods, and stumble onto a strange site full of classical statues. After knocking over a jar and breaking it, they discover that their cat is now possessed by Prometheus. They also learn that they are descendants of Pandora, and find themselves fighting off creatures such as chupacabras, homicidal mermaids, and a bankunawa - to name a few.

Imagine typical teens sorting out the powers of the various monsters and trying to get the backstory from Prometheus (
Bianca
Not for me but also not *for* me so ok I guess.

Extremely fast paced, very middle grade, cute illustrations, but barely establishes a platform for what the hell is going on (and why) before you're in the thick of it. I feel like it could benefit from at least a handful of clear cut panels that explain things more definitively. The pacing kind of reminds me of manga, which is another genre that usually ends up being hard for me to read.

Definitely see this being popular with
SuperSillySerra
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Silly, funny, and I legit learned a few things about Greek Gods.

The art is fun and I really liked the characters designs. This book has quite a few gods and creatures in it. My favorite was probably Arachne (although the mermaids were pretty cool too.). It is for young readers and I was able to read it within an hour or so. With it being under Kaboom, there isnt any adult themes really, but I still enjoyed the ride. It is short and I wished they would have had more time to focus on t
Alex

Gorgeous art, clearly a primary requirement for me to even consider reading a graphic novel. Excellently realistic middle grade characters, with variegated reactions to the drama between them, but also with varied reactions to things within a single character (like the fact that the cat can talk is way more bizarre to one of them than the idea of monsters prowling around town, but one just takes talking cat in stride while being unable to wrap their head around the concept of a family secret). ...more
Fairytaillover22
With a decent story and art, Pandora's Legacy offers an adventure story for younger teens that takes influence from classic Greek mythology. Although its reminiscent of Percy Jackson in some aspects, the plot and characters were surface-level deep and didn't display anything revolutionary with the whole 'descendants of heroes' cliche. I would only recommend this if you area middle-grade reader who would like an easily digestible introduction to Greek myths and legends.
By far, Po-metheus wa
Connie
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics-i-ve-read
Wasn't a fan of this one. It movies way too quickly, leaves no room for development of characters and plot to the point where I honestly didn't know what was going on. I felt no attachment to any of the characters just because of the issues in pacing. It really is a shame, because the art is beautiful, and I feel like with more time and development this could have been a great story with all the mythology links.
Aud
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Too much plot, not enough depth, so even the plot felt sketchy and rushed. Such a cool idea, but it needed more space to grow. We barely got to know ANY of the characters, so their fates didn’t seem that important. There was no time to build a rapport with them, and there was no time to settle into the world or the quest or any of it. I was actually pretty sad - I was looking forward to this, but it just plain needed more pages to develop in. Boo.
Charlie
A nice enough graphic novel and I enjoyed this new adaptation of Greek mythology. Some of the storytelling and layout of the graphic novel were a bit confusing, however, and I would have liked it to have a slightly slower pace to allow me time to adjust to the story. I can definitely see many of my students enjoying this graphic novel but it's not the best that I've read recently.
Ashley Kempkes
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gn, myths
I think I would have given this three stars if I hadn't read it so quickly - I was rushing, trying to finish it before my lunch break ended and so I don't think I was able to enjoy it fully. I love the idea behind this, and I liked the characters, but I feel like we didn't really get to know the characters- the story felt a little one dimensional in practice.
Ronnie
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was just an absolute blast to read and I loved it. It was so sweet, fast paced, and fun with absolutely gorgeous illustrations. I want this to continue on so badly. I wish more people knew about it!
Amanda
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun and clever update of Pandora's story with Prometheus turning into a cat. Love the artwork as well, Kelly and Nichole Matthews are some of my favorite illustrators and their style matches the tone very well.
Kathleen
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked the art and the coloring. It seems kind of irresponsible of the adults to have not told the kids anything before they're essentially abducted. There's a lot going on at the end, and I forgot to check: do they get their cat back? Like, as a cat?
Sesana
Dec 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Feels very much like the first volume in a series. Great, vibrant art, engaging characters, some good world building, and nice use of mythology. This will probably appeal to a lot of Rick Riordan fans.
Brianna
Beautiful art! A fun and fresh take on Greek mythology - I thought this made a lot of mythology really accessible for younger readers. Pretty well paced with no time wasted getting the action started.
Katie Lawrence
A really fun, modern take on Greek mythology! I hope there’s a second book as I have so many unanswered questions. Loved the art, the characters and the concept, I just found some aspects to be too underdeveloped.
Andréa
Jun 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
Note: I received a finished copy of this book from the publisher at ALA Annual 2019.
Halli
A fun adventure, which is hopefully the first in a series!
Diana
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Very appealing illustrations and fun story. Would be nice if there was a continuation. I was very disturbed about the cat though.
John
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Got a free copy of this at ALA.

Liked the art. Wasn't taken by the story. I could see kids liking it though.
Elizabeth
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this and look forward to reading more of this author. Also, the artwork was amazing.

And Po!!!! I loved Po and Po-methius.
B
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Good adventure style graphic. Full of Greek gods\goddesses and folklore.
Shylo
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Visuals are stunning. The story is definitely aimed at a younger audience.
Nicole Westen
A super fun magical romp a la Percy Jackson.

• Witches in Training (Hex Vet, #1)
  • The Avant-Guards, Vol. 1
  • Hotel Dare
  • Lumberjanes: The Infernal Compass
  • Stargazing
  • The Cobalt Prince (5 Worlds, #2)
  • The Black Bull of Norroway (Norroway, #1)
  • Hicotea (Nightlights #2)
  • Brave Chef Brianna
  • The Red Maze (5 Worlds, #3)
  • Pilu of the Woods