Start by marking “Vow of Retribution (Vow, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vow of Retribution (Vow, #1)

Vow of Retribution

(Vow #1)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  92 Ratings  ·  65 Reviews
She had everything stolen from her in a blink of an eye. He watched his mistakes turn him into a man he didn’t recognize.

Learning to fight was never on the top of Savannah’s list of things to do. Until learning to defend herself was the only option she had. To keep her focus she’s had to build walls around her heart. Trust isn’t a risk she can afford—especially when her pa
Published May 3rd 2018 by Just Read Books, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Vow of Retribution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vow of Retribution

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
I honestly don't have a lot to say about this one. I didn't love it and I didn't hate it. It was a pretty middle of the road read. On the positive side of things, I really enjoyed this author's writing style. It was easy and had a nice flow to it. The pace was quite good, and the story moved along at a nice clip. The plot was engaging and kept me turning the pages. That said, I never really warmed up to the heroine (more about that in my "heroine" section), and I thought
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Vow of Retribution Release Banner.jpg

⭐⭐⭐1/2 STARS
ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-3/5/18

So this was a tricky one to rate, while I did enjoy "Vow Of Retribution" I think the blurb was a teensy bit misleading in regards to what is contained within its pages.
This is not altogether a bad thing just an unexpected path direction that I wasn't quite expecting.
From the blurb, I thought we were gonna get thrown into some intense shit almost from the start where in reality this was so not the case.
So, this book is more about learning to trust aga
Corrie
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had me sitting up on the edge of my seat a couple times! Most definitely a MUST READ book for the romantic suspense reader!

Liam and Savannah were hot together but that really isn't what grabbed me in this book. It was truly all Savannah. I love me a good alpha male read but the stories that stick with me over time are the ones with strong female characters that literally rebuild themselves and rise up. That is what you are getting here. Sure, great. There's this hot guy...who is undeni
Brandy Roberts
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved Vow of retribution and can't wait to read more by Emma Renshaw , I fell for the characters and hope to see more of them in the future . Right from the the first page I wanted to know the couples pasts and what challenges they were faced with and how they got out of the darkness . The chemistry between the couple was off the charts HOT and the sex scenes were even HOTTER I loved the fact that the hero knew that the relationship was more then just sex and the swoon worthy dates he w ...more
Grahame Claire
Everyone has secrets. Sometimes they stay hidden. Sometimes they come to light. In Vow of Retribution, both Savannah and Liam have things from the past they'd rather leave behind. Emma Renshaw peels them back one layer at a time so that it's impossible to stop reading.

Savannah is sassy and sweet. She'll make you laugh, and her story will make you cry. Nothing better than a strong heroine, and that's exactly what she is.

And Liam... he'll suck you in from the start. Sexy and swoon worthy, he'll se
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Vow of Retribution by Emma Renshaw is the First book in the Vow Series. This is the story of Liam and Savannah.
Savannah had allot of mixed emotions that did keep you up and down with her feelings. Liam was a strong, sweet hero that you love to read about. Liam was out to help Savannah even though she seem mixed in her emotions.
Overall this was a really good read and I look forward to reading more books by Ms. Renshaw.

Catherine Cowles
First let me say, I freaking LOVED this book! VOW OF RETRIBUTION is perfect for fans of KC Lynn, which is high praise coming from this book nerd because the Men Of Honor series is one of my all time favorites. This is such a special book and I can’t wait for the whole world to be introduced to Savannah and Liam.

Emma Renshaw takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride with twists and turns that will have your heart racing and eyes straining to read faster. I loved reading about such a strong h
Alicia Harrietha
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that a good romantic suspense book always makes me a very happy girl. Vow of Retribution by Emma Renshaw made me a very happy girl. What made this book so good for me was the characters. I loved them all... Savannah, Liam, James, Harper, Olivia, etc!!! They made this story so engaging and unable to put down.

Savannah is a survivor and a fighter. She has endured something so horrific that many would never live to tell about or ever be able to move on from. Even though she was trying
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

I found myself pulled into this story with the synopsis. The catchy way that the author wrote it left me wondering what mysteries were waiting within the pages. It felt suspenseful with a dash of romance that would come unexpectedly. I’m a sucker for unexpected romances, so I dove right on it.

The main character of this story, Savannah, is an independent, strong, and determined female lead. I like a female lead that can take charge and take care of herself, but still be strong enoug
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Reviewed by: Clare M.
Clare
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review. This is the first book I've read by Emma Renshaw. This was a good book. I really liked the hero and heroine. Their chemistry is off the charts. Savannah is a really strong heroine with a great group of friends who I liked right away. Liam is a perfect match for her. The suspense is really good too. It kept me guessing til the very end. I can't wait for the next one.
Reading with 2 book lovers
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
this is my first read by this author and wow what a great read. I devoured this book.
I highly recommend this read to everyone.
Cheri
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First-time author? That may have been the biggest surprise. What a great read. The story line was engrossing with heartbreaking emotions that tugged at my own feelings. Savannah's reactions were those of a survivor who was still fighting with expectations of a big battle to come. She wanted to live her a life of freedom but how could she.

Liam has his own baggage, yet he was strong and ready to take on life and reunite with the family he loved. They each had a strong example of love from their ow
Space Cowgirl
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
💘Love is a Battlefield💪👊

Savannah is on the bad date from hell, with a totally self centered man, when she gives up and takes her meal to go! Enough is enough. The middle finger flies on her way out the door!
Liam🐺🍆🌋 just moved back to his hometown of Austin, from Chicago. He was missing something in his life, and he just wasn't finding it in Chicago.

When he walks into Raise The Bar, a gym where his best friend volunteers, he sees the most beautiful girl in the world! It's Savannah💃💋! She sees him
Lauren
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in this series and it was well written and fast paced for me. The charcters are very likeable and pull you in. You wanna know all there struggles and how they over came them. Savannah had some many emotions they were all over but Liam was strong and and sweet to her all over. Its amazing to see all there friends all around them for support. I think you will be drawn into this story quickly.
Amy  Crull
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was so good! Liam and Savannah both have secrets. When they meet, sparks fly but Savannah is standoffish. I mean she has good reason to be. I was shocked to see how far she let's him go on the first date. I thought she'd be more shy and sheltered. She was a great character! Liam was great as well. He was a good fit for Savannah.
maureen
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This book was amazing!! This book was so much more then I was expecting!! I can’t tell you how fabulous this author is and it’s her first book!! This is a love story about Savannah and Liam. Although it’s a romance it’s truly about the struggles of surviving abuse and learning to live again. This is a great romantic thriller that was impossible to put down, must read!!
Molly O'Hare
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you want a story that will suck you in from page one? If the answer is yes, you have come to the right book. The fact this is Emma Renshaw's first books, blows me away. I really connected with Savannah, and Liam is the hero that everyone need and loves. This is a must read for anyone who like romantic suspense. I can't wait to see what else she comes up with.
Kim Whitehead
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Boy this one gave me anxiety!! Emotional and extremely edgy!! Definitely a page turner!! Great passionate read!!
Jacy Braegan
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Just feel the emotion!!

Emma Renshaw totally slayed me! She just opened up my soul and poured this book straight into it. The connection between Liam and Savannah was off the charts on fire and I could just feel it leaping off the page at me. The strength of Savannah to come through what she did was just truly amazing. I want to have that sort of inner strength and character that Savannah developed with that great support system of her friends.

This book is on my must-read list and is one I will l
Karen
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a story! When I first started this book I thought oh, this is going to be a good story. When I got into the book though I completely changed my mind. Holy Vow! This is a great story, I love the men and women in this book. They are all very strong and loyal. They stand with their friends and family no matter what the circumstances. Can I have James, please?

Liam is a young man who has just returned home to Austin, Texas after living in Chicago for several years for college and then a job
Brigitte
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vow of Retribution revolves around the difficult and delicate subject of abuse and the subsequent psychological and physical effects.

Savannah left her hometown after a traumatic experience which has left her with an aversion to the opposite sex.

Liam has just returned to his hometown to be near his family and friends. There are other reasons why he made this move.

Savannah has been taking self defence lessons in the likelyhood that her past comes back to haunt her. This time, she’ll be prepared t
Louise
3.5 - An enjoyable read

A girl both scared and scarred by her past and the man determined to break down her walls

This story leans more towards romantic suspense than contemporary, though only really in the last few chapters. I was drawn to the book both by the cover and the blurb and was excited to try what was a 'new-to-me' author.

Savannah is training in the gym when a newly returned to town Liam spots her. He is instantly intrigued by and attracted to her. Savannah has a past that still hau
Jennifer Pierson
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I cannot even believe that Vow of Retribution was Emma Renshaw's debut story, as it gripped me from the very beginning, not daring to let me go until the last word! It kept me on the edge of my seat throughout with my heart racing as Savannah is the heroine who went through something in her past that was so horrifying that she still hasn't told the people closest to her everything about it. So she works out a gym instead to ensure that she's never be vulnerable again. And that's where she m ...more
Andrea
May 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't really know hot to put this,I liked this book but for the most part i didn't liked it.
The story line was good,the plot was interesting and I wanted to read it but the heroine ruined this book for me.I can understand her attitude and insecurities after what happens to her but her hot and cold attitude toward Liam just drove me crazy.
Liam was nice guy and he put up a lot with her attitude,but at the end I felt like deserved someone better than her.
The book was not very "hot" either.There w
Shannon Caswell
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vows of Retribution was an absolute joy to read! First, you have the sexy alpha male, Liam, who you just cannot resist turning the pages to find out more. He moves back home and runs into Savannah. Second you have a strong female character, Savannah, who has her own demons and walls up but is not going to take anyone’s Sh&%t anymore. I could not wait to see why! Finally, third, (the best of this book) is that while I wanted to know her why, I always got swept up in the chemistry between thes ...more
Lauren
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received the ARC of Vow of Retribution in exchange for an honest review. This was a good romance with suspense that was well woven into the plot. The story is that of Savannah and Ian, who seem to have both an insta-love relationship but with secrets on both sides. Ian is pretty much the perfect book boyfriend and at times almost too perfect! To me the secrets were obvious, but the degree was more than I was expecting. Savannah is someone who is trying to come back from her tragic past and is ...more
Mile High KINK Book Club
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
STILL I RISE | My response after reading VOW TO RETRIBUTION was GASP!   This book is exactly how I validate my desire to read stories about family, intimacy, romance, survival and sex - like very hawt sex!!!  The sexy twist of phoenix rising is a beautiful crafted adventure filled with smoldering love scenes and a plot bursting with action and perilous danger.

==WE LOVE BEING FOLLOWED ==
YOU ARE FOLLOWING US RIGHT?
Blog: https://milehighkinkbookclub.wordpres...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mil
Melonie Fatchet
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I give this 500 stars!

This book is amazing. The suspense nearly killed me. The plot is so well written and just when you think you know what will happen, you are surprised. Savannah and Liam are an inferno! This book will have you fanning your face as you turn the pages fill with spice and a bit of sass. Savannah and Liam are the perfect mix of hard and soft, stubborn and vulnerable, and strong and weak. Liam is strong, supportive, patient and all alpha male. Savannah is his match all the way ar
Dawn Herrera
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow what a fantastic book, Vow of Retribution by Emma Renshaw. This was one great book it was suspenseful, dramatic, heartbreaking and heartwarming. This was a well written story with so much emotions you were crying at times and laughing out loud the next, biting your nails and sitting on the edge of your seat. I absolutely loved this book and highly recommend it. The characters were strong, fierce, loyal and independent with some scars. Savannah and Liam are some fabulous characters you are so ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Emma loves to write, just don't ask her to write about herself. If she isn't writing, you can find her lost in a book or trying to get her doggo to take a selfie with her. He usually refuses. At the end of the day, you can find Emma at the closest Mexican restaurant eating queso and sipping on a margarita. She lives in Texas with her husband and dog.

Vow (5 books)
  • Vow of Atonement (Vow, #2)
  • Vow of Honor (Vow, #3)
  • Vow of Devotion (Vow, #4)
  • Vow of Sacrifice (Vow, #5)