Start by marking “You Complicate Me” as Want to Read:
You Complicate Me

You Complicate Me

(You Complicate Me Duet #1)

The road to happily ever after has never been more hilarious... or complicated...

Grace Montgomery has a very simple plan. Fly to her younger brother’s wedding, stop the wedding, go home, make partner at her law firm. Almost getting arrested by air marshal Nick O’Connor? Not part of the plan. Neither was puking on him. (Don’t ask.) Finding out he’s her soon-to-be
Published April 6th 2018 (first published March 28th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about You Complicate Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Complicate Me

Start your review of You Complicate Me
Dali
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Happy book birthday!
Amazon -> https://amzn.to/2Haieu5

Isabel Jordan continues to write stories that are hilarious, lighthearted and spark the reader’s interest from start to finish. This time though, she does it venturing into the contemporary romance genre.

When Grace Montgomery decided to get over her fear of flying to stop her little brother’s wedding, she never imagined the uber sexy, testosterone oozing douche canoe sitting next to her on the plane was not only an air marshal, but also
Syndi
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Grace and Nick. They have meet cute moment on the airplane when Grace is under panic attack. This is their rom com story. The story is predictable. The comedy is not so funny according to my taste. Their banter is standard. There is that insta lust/ love.

Character development is minimum. The sex is luke warm and in some parts even feel rushed and forced. The chemistry is standard.

Overall this book is OK read.

3 stars
Three Chicks
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Hilarious Glorious Stars!

This is my first read from Ms. Jordan. This chick can write funny. Snort coffee out your nose kind of funny.

Grace meets Nick when she's having a melt down over her fear of flying. He's the poor passenger next to her-the one she's falling all over. He has a job to do-that's why he's on that flight. Not to get puked on, not to witness Grace stripping off her clothes, but alas, if a gorgeous girl falling at his feet has to happen...it might as well be with him.

Turns
Minx
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I hands down adore You Complicate Me! Right from the start I latched onto the characters of Nick and Grace! I loved how the story unfolded. Grace was absolutely terrified of flying, so, in her attempts to help her through the journey she accidentally became inebriated and that led to disastrous results. If being taken into custody by a sexy air marshal was not enough to embarrass Grace then the fact that Nick was to be her future brother-in-law was almost too much to handle.

Once Grace sobered up
Dilek VT
That was both sweet and fun. I liked it and had a nice time reading it but I had a few problems with it, as well.

*********************************************

This is the first romance book this writer has written. Normally, she writes paranormal books. In my opinion, she has great potential to be a romance book writer, as well. Just my humble opinion, she should avoid repetitions because I read the first two books in this series and they were too similar. Also, in both books, the heroines put
Christy Bailey
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!

I was having a bad night and couldn't sleep when I started this book. I was thinking a good Rom com was just what I needed to get me in a better mood. So, I had this brilliant plan that I would read a few chapters then try my luck at getting some sleep. Well that was my first mistake. Needless to say I started and then I couldn't put it down! It was that Awesome! Some books take a little bit to get into but this was definitely not one of them. I was hooked from the very beginning! The
Mila Rossi
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another late night reading, but this book was so freaking hilarious, it was worth it. It was nice to read something that made me laugh out loud. I needed that. The reason I deducted a star was because it was a case of insta-love (never a fan of that), and I actually liked the side characters almost a bit more than the main couple. That's rare. I wanted the hero to be less insecure and the heroine to not sound so young. But there were such funny parts that I still gave it a high rating. I'd ...more
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is a case of "it's not you, it's me". I wouldn't say this is a bad story (although I skipped all the intimate scenes, which weren't very explicit I don't think, so I can't comment on the writing for those), per se, but it was too young for me. The tone was funny and light which made sense since it featured some pretty immature MCs. I liked that the h wasn't a doormat, but unfortunately she chose some not smart things to stick to her guns about. Ugh- those previous sentences' grammar was ...more
Brooklyn JoJo
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Another decent book, nothing earth shattering and nothing terrible. It was a little ridiculous at some parts and I didn’t like the way the H lost his temper twice in the story but it was still tolerable. And I’ll give the author extra credit for the Smirnoff smoothie idea! That was original!!
Kristina Tokosch
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Contemporary romance is not usually my go to genre but I loved the other books by this author so I gave it a shot. This book is fantastic with snarky main characters and a fabulous story line. I felt myself get pulled in and I couldn’t get out. I found myself laughing out loud at the relatable side characters. I think everyone should give this book a read you won’t regret it.
Jessica
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle, read-2018
Yes, there was instalove. Yes, the family shenanigans were a little campy. HOWEVER, this was a quick, fun, cute read, with very little angst and quite a bit of fun to get into!
Amy
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
“I like that we’re so different; it keeps us interesting. I want you to complicate me, and I want to complicate you.”

When I first heard about You Complicate Me, I couldn’t wait to dive in. I mean this book is right up my alley. Romantic comedy: check. Stand-alone novel: check. Fun characters: Check Check! This is my first book by this author and it certainly won’t be my last.

You Complicate Me follows the story of Nick and Grace. Grace’s life is anything but simple. One might say it’s even
Tania Gray
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I have read all of Isabel’s pnr books and I was totally looking forward to her foray into contemporary. Isabel has such a style that you can’t put her books down, from the start to finish of this book I read it it one sitting. Snarkorgasims is definitely going to be a word!!!. I loved the chemistry between the main characters, the storyline was relatable and the humor had me laughing so hard I had tears. Isabel has left lots of room for spin off’s into the other characters and I ...more
L.E. Wilson
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love this author's PNR series. And even though this one is contemporary, I knew she'd hit it out of the park, and I was right. I loved Nick and Grace, the two main characters. Very relatable and the romance is HOT. And the side characters are a chaotic group that had me literally LOL'ing through the entire book.
I highly recommend, whether Contemporary is your normal gig or not. You won't be sorry!

Thank you for another great read!
Amazeballs Book Addicts
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author and it definitely won't be my last. I've become super choosy about reading new authors but something about this book just caught my attention. I was hooked from the very first page. Nick and Grace were hilarious. From the get go with Grace being terrified of flying and that whole scene had me in tears from laughing so hard. I must say Nick just grabbed my heart. He is super swoon worthy and had me rooting for him to win Grace's heart. I read this ...more
Lindsay C
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Virginia Hill
It had its moments. Moments that induced chuckling. Overall, I think the comedic moments were too forced.
Harry
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hilarious....
Full mad house
Really enjoyed it
Romance Rehab
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All reviews and other fun stuff original posted on the Romance Rehab blog: http://www.romancerehab.com/

*******Happy Book Birthday!!!!**********

I have a confession to make. I’m a grumpy old lady. (Shocking, right? You never would have guessed it, huh?) And in my capacity as a grumpy old lady, I get cranky when my favorite authors branch out into other genres or categories of romance. I want them to write what I want them to write, darn it! Is that too much to ask?

So, needless to say when I heard
Rye
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book advertises itself as 'hilarious' and full of 'snark'. It's a lot of hype to live up to and unfortunately the plot and characters fall sadly short.
There was stuff to really like here. The writing is good and the author clearly loves her world/characters, that shines through.
But... the set-up was predictable and no where near as funny as it was clearly supposed to be. The H falls fast for the h, and that was fine. But then he has these temper tantrum jealous rages that made him seem
Travis Peak
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
The family interaction is entertaining but another trash leading man

I have to write about it in basically every review I do but I will never understand why the authors in this genre insist on writing such absolute trash men as their heroes. Nick and Grace have a whirlwind romance during the week of their respective siblings marrying each other. Nick starts out okay. As long as he is getting his way he stays okay. Decent even. However, the moment Grace doesn't obey his orders he completely loses
Suzana
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Shelves: favorites, romance, humor
*Five "She's the one who holds your heart in her hands, and the idea doesn't even scare you because you trust her with it and know there's no one else on Earth you'd ever want to give it to, anyway. She makes you want to be better. She's...the balance. Sunlight to darkness." Stars*

Isabel Jordan is new author to me. The cover really got my intention and the the synopsis. I'm so glad I gave it a chance because it was such an amazing, hilarious, lighthearted story that captured me from the start.
Katie
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
This read was rather like a souffle gone wrong. It started off light & fluffy, with lots of potential sweetness, but ultimately it was deflated with no substance what so ever.
There was stuff to like here. The heroine was smart. The Hero was hot and kind. And I kind of bought into the insta-love premise, yet the extremes of the characters end up hurting my ability to connect with them in the end.
He was just too good looking, nice, and willing to surrender to this woman being the love of his
Loz
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh
I liked it, but I'm so sick of adult characters in contemporary romances letting their families dictate and control their lives! Grace's mother is a grade A bitch, and completely contradictory at the end...

First off we have a funny meet cute for our two MC.. Grace is plastered on a plane, popping pills with tequila to ease her fear of flying and Nick's the hottie sitting next to her. Also happens to be her future brother-in-law.

Mother moment number one is definitely interfering by having
Dahrose
Nov 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Found myself getting frustrated with this read the further I delved into it. Hyped as full of snark and hilarious - I found it predictable, all too often falling flat in the humour stakes and to be perfectly honest, this storyline felt 'been there done that.'
Grace, was a fully rounded, layered heroine... BUT... the author used the same repetitive device over and over again. Putting Grace in embarrassing/ditsy situation after situation to progress the story. Found myself resenting that on Grace's
Dippy (A book a day keeps reality away)

DNF @ 10%

Oh boy, this book was a hot mess.

By page two, I was feeling embarrassed on behalf of the heroine for the kind of situations the author put her in. For all the claims of hilarity and laugh-out moments, I found this book a total cringe-fest.

What's with adult, grown-up women in romance novels turning into mush-brained nincompoops the minute they meet the hero. I think I'm like an inch away from swearing off romance novels forever.

I am done with these silly heroines and Neanderhtals
Victoria Sturlini
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW WHAT A FABULOUS STORY!!!!!

I enjoyed this book immensely. I was blown away by it. It was so funny.... The humor was subtle at times and overt in others and I could not put it down it was so good. It was very sexy and romantic and I loved loved loved the storyline. That was unique and with never a dull moment!!! The family was so interestingly quirky and the grandmother a real hoot! Every part of the book was perfection and as I was approaching the end I kept thinking "I hope Isabel hurries up
Corina Powell
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Contemporary romance not being my genre but having read Isabel paranormal romance, without a doubt i knew i would love it and i was not wrong. The story line was very entertaining from start to finish i laughed out loud all the way through. Every character with their own unique wittiness humor, i especially loved Ruthie her comments were fantastic, she just speaks her mind really under that thick skin she just protecting her family. Nick and grace are perfect together, grace is a smart, witty ...more
Ann Marie
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aw Sweetie It’s A Great Book But You’re Misinformed

Let me say I read more than two books a week..more like two a day, I call my iPad my woobie, and I hate that the CW cancelled Vampire Diaries. You need to seriously study Ancestry.com. Grace and Nick would never have been brother an sister in laws even if Michael married. Sadie would be an in law to the Montgomery family and Michael would have been the in law to Nick and Lucille. You kept punching the in law storyline which I believed might have
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hero Boss: An Alpha Male Office Romance
  • Marrying My Billionaire Boss
  • Protecting What's Mine
  • A Billion Times No (Fake It Till You Make It #1)
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Love According to Science (Dirty Martini Running Club #2)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • I Dare You
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Waking Up Married
  • Accidental Shield (Marriage Mistake, #6)
  • Five Day Fiancé (Brewer Brothers #3)
  • The Drop Zone (Thrill Seekers, #1)
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Dare
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Starfish Method
  • Just For Now (Cataclysm, #4)
The normal:

Isabel Jordan writes because it’s the only profession that allows her to express her natural sarcasm and not be fired. She is a paranormal and contemporary romance author. Isabel lives in the US with her husband, 12-year-old son, a neurotic Shepherd mix and a ginormous Great Dane mix named Jerkface. (Don't feel bad for Jerkface. He really is a jerk.)

The weird:

Now that the normal stuff

You Complicate Me Duet (2 books)
  • You Wrecked Me