Start by marking “Reckoning (Vincent and Eve #2)” as Want to Read:
Reckoning (Vincent and Eve #2)

Reckoning

(Vincent and Eve #2)

Vincent: Forgetting about Eve was the plan. Finding her at a party on my college campus was the last thing I expected.

But letting her go again isn’t an option—not this time. Juggling the life I want with the one I was born into may be near impossible, but for her, it's a risk I'm willing to take.

My world has turned into a house of cards, where one wrong move can send it
Published June 8th 2018 by Jessica Ruben Books

To ask other readers questions about Reckoning, please sign up.

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“All I can process is how vulnerable I feel in this moment. When Vincent looks at me, it’s as if he can see within me. It’s exposure I both yearn and despise.”

Wow! Fantastic. Whilst I did love Rising (Vincent & Eve book 1), that was nothing compared to how I feel about Reckoning, I loved it so much more (if that’s even possible). Jessica Ruben has such a talent and a way with words; her storytelling draws me in and utterly consumes me from start to finish. I was taken on a thrilling jou
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 "This was Everything" Stars!

At the end of Rising, I was left dying for more. I felt like I had read the best book of the year. One that touched on all of my favorite tropes and feels, that felt as if it was written just for me. Reckoning quickly became my most anticipated book of the year, and my expectations were probably unfairly high. I wanted more, more gritty, more angst, more sex and intrigue and badassness and holy hell, did Jessica Ruben deliver! This was CONSUMING. It was a kick in th
Paige
3.5 “Duality” Stars

I am eager to see how this all plays out. The ending definitely leaves it open to lots of possibilities and I like that. This NA picked up a bit more than book 1 for me. I still have questions about the characters and their choices, but I’m anxious for the final book of the trilogy.

I voluntarily read an ARC of this book. A is for Alpha B is for Books.
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Ok, so full disclosure here: When I read the first book in the Vincent and Eve series, I went in expecting loads of angst and old school romance feels based on what others were saying about it. I enjoyed that first book very much but the giddy feels everyone else had felt somehow evaded me. I just wasn't swept away like they were. Still, I was SUPER anxious for book 2. Jessica Ruben knows how to keep a reader coming back for more because even though I wasn't quite as crazy in love with these cha ...more
Natalie The Biblioholic
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
After Eve put two and two together at the end of Rising, I had no idea where this story was going to lead me. She now knows that Vincent is the son of the most dangerous man in New York, a mafia prince, AND he happens to go to the same college as her. ANDDDDD he’s got a girlfriend. Getting over him is now next to impossible, with him virtually around every corner on campus, and the moment they meet again, Vincent has no intention of letting her get away again.

I could finally see what was real
Jemima
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS
ARC
I am going to keep this really simple. This girl is a happy girl!
Reckoning was DIVINE! I devoured RISING (book 1), so it's safe to say I was eagerly waiting for book 2. Jessica did not disappoint with Reckoning at all!
What a story! What an amazingly intense story between these two characters, Vincent and Eve.
Jessica has written a book where the chemistry is high, the drama is unnerving, the angst is frustrating and exciting and the passion is 'real'. hahahaha

There's just something about Vincent
Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mafia, v-card, ku
4 Stars

Reckoning is the second book in the Vincent and Eve series. I have a love and hate relationship with cliff-hanger endings. I don’t really mind it, but if I wait too long, I forget what happens and I’m fucked.

I like this series, although at times I feel like it can be a long, the beginning was a little slow. I stopped reading a few times, but once you get to the 40% mark everything happens pretty fast and it was exciting and addicting to read.

I love Vincent and I like that he has to stay w
Karen Mc
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing

What has Jessica Ruben, done to me?!? Jessica Ruben, Master Storyteller and Magician of Words, has made me her prisoner where I’m CAPTIVE to every word she brings to life. I was so HUNGRY for Reckoning that I DEVOURED this romance like the DELICIOUS DELIGHT it was. I could not and did not want to escape the Vincent and Eve World. RECKONING HAS IT ALL—a pulse-pounding plot full of paralyzing intensity and edge-of-your seat thrills, swoon-worthy characters, and an overarching toe-curling romance t
bookish_affair
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
“One foot in one world, one foot in another.”
This complicated Love story deserves its Happily Ever After, but Vincent & Eve were in a trial of unprecedented events that lead to either the destruction or the revival of their love..
"I once read that every passerby has a life as vivid and complex as my own."
When I started this book I had high hopes &had already gone through so many speculations & what I got,
Something even much much better & that damn cliffhanger made me want to
BookSmacked
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG first Book 1, Rising was a fantastic debut but Reckoning ahhhhhhh even better. I’m utterly consumed by Vincent and Eve.

Their story is full of complicated messiness but their bond is undeniable and you feel that throughout this book. I’ll tell you that as soon as I read the first few words I was immediately taken back to the ending of Rising. And just as my heart pounded at the end of that my heart raced at the beginning of Reckoning.

I’ll stop you here if you haven’t read Rising go now righ
Megpie
***SPOILERS***

Lord have mercy.

I’m about to rant.
You’ve been warned.

EVE KILLED ME!!!!!!

I have not read such a weak, pitiful, meek, spineless, cowardly, doormat, of a heroine in so freaking long that I have forgotten how enraged these kind of heroines make me feel.

Eve sits back while Vincent flaunts his fake girlfriend Daniela all over campus and around town, watches them make out, and then an hour later allows him to put his lips on her.

I understand it was necessary for Vincent to keep Dani
Andi Isack
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I swear to God my poor heart is bleeding now! Jess please quit playing with my heart. Or keep it on. Vincent and Eve. One more time. Their story gives and takes it all. No measures. No hesitation. No reserves. Everything. It will bring you to heaven and the Hell as well. And you will fell on that damn trap. So dangerous but so irresistible as well. Because this is who Vincent is. Alpha, demanding, attractive and so dangerous. She should stay away from him now that everything had gone down. But w ...more
Carla Bulian
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Adoro livros nesse contexto, com angst, amor e ação. Os personagens principais cresceram muito nesse livro. A autora foi genial com essa série.
Aguardando ansiosa a continuação.
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, jessica-ruben
This continuation of Vincent and Eve was utterly ridiculous. Eve was such a push over that I was embarrassed of her. I will still read book three because I wanna know what becomes of everything.
Moon Love
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

I'm so in love with Eve and Vincent! Their story just keeps getting better! Rising was unbelievably amazing, and Reckoning was fantastic! It was almost perfect for me!

While I loved how crazy Vincent was about Eve, it bothered me at how possessive he was of her but how he couldn't see how much it hurt Eve to see him be with someone else, even if he didn't want to be. I also would've loved more details. While I loved seeing them get together, it felt like more details of their relations
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
description

This book! OMG. I devoured it with my heart pounding and my ass on the edge of my seat. Reckoning is so. freaking. good. Vincent is absolutely amazing. I just want to climb onto his lap and hold him! I love him and Eve together, but I wish she was a little stronger. I feel like she’s getting there. I’m really hoping to see her stand up for herself more in the final book. I seriously can’t wait to see how this all plays out. I will be dying waiting for the conclusion of this awesome trilogy!!
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
3.5 Stars

Reckoning picks up right where the first book ends with Eve's revelation that Vincent is THE Vincent Borignone, a member of the largest crime family on the East Coast. His lack of honesty with her leaves her feeling betrayed and questioning if every moment with Vincent was fake or real.

The drama is hyped up as Vincent also appears to have a long term girlfriend at his side. They are the ultimate golden couple with a huge social media following and swimming in wealth. However, everything
Rebecca
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
In Book 1 of Jessica Ruben’s Vincent and Eve series, Eve rose above her mother’s constant neglect and verbal abuse, the Blue Houses’ violence, and her poor girl circumstances; she achieved her goal, making it out of the ghetto and giving herself every advantage to never return, which means that she’s not going to abuse this chance, even when things become a lot more complicated due to Vincent’s celebrity status and presence on campus as well as Eve’s struggle to differentiate between what’s real ...more
Bindi Boo
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it

Didn't enjoy this as much as the first, however the writing and plot line remained great.
I just wished the heroine had more spine, the was the ultimate doormat ( I was expecting more aggression and anger from her when she found about the hero and his side piece. Super disappointed she become completely pliant)

overall, need to read this for completion sake. Shall wait for the 3rd and final book coming out in September
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reckoning: Vincent & Eve #2 by Jessica Ruben
5 stars!!!

“Tell me this is real, Vincent.”
“This is never-ending.”

I was blown away by the first book in this series, Rising. Jessica Ruben was a brand-new author and I am always a little hesitant, not knowing what to expect, but I needn’t have worried. Second worry is always that book two doesn’t live up to the first, but alas, she blew that one out the water too, in my opinion this one was even better! So, if you loved Rising, be prepared for R
Richelle Robinson
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book and I don’t even know how to process what I just read! I enjoyed the first book but this book blew me away! There is so much chemistry, tension and angst between Vincent and Eve and I wasn't sure how much my heart could take at times! It still blows my mind that this is Jessica Ruben’s second book!

This book picks up right where we left off and things are so tense and confusing! I felt deeply for both characters and I felt their emotions while reading and honestly I was
Shyralf
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Stars! Great 2nd book. Vincent and Eve’s story only gets better. Eve has had to work really hard to get to college, now she’s about to transfer to a new college for a brand new start. What’s going to happen now that the mafia prince has to put his life on hold? Hope the final book does their story justice. ...more
Anne Milne
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book I didn't want it to end I love them so much.

Our star crossed lovers are reunited unexpectedly but things are do complicated. Vincent is juggling his role in the family business with college and seeing Eve again is just a complication he doesn't need.Oh the angst and drama is off the charts so many secrets and manipulation with everyone conspiring against them.

I was not repared for that ending that leaves so many possibilities for book three I just h
nikkigracereads
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
GAH!!!!!!! Dare I say it...I loved RECKONING more than I loved RISING!! Dont hate me! Its not a bad thing, because i really enjoyed the first book, i just enjoyed this one WAY more. I really think Jessica Ruben got into her stride here, and you can already see her writing growing. This book was so packed with drama and angst, i felt constantly on edge, wondering what was going to happen. Not gonna lie, i was really angry with Vincent at the end of RISING and I hoped that EVE was going to make hi ...more
Daisy
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-for-review
4.5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫

I want to rewind time and re-read this book again for the first time. I devoured it, can’t get enough of Vincent & Eve, and after all that happened in Rising brace yourself for Reckoning because it’s an uphill battle for these two and that ending. O. M. G.

If you haven’t read Rising yet, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and start because Reckoning it’s almost here.

ARC provided by author for an honest review.
Jennifer Diaz
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow Wow WOWWWWWW!!!  I’m just left speechless with this series!!  It’s everything I love in reading! Angst, heartbreak, and forbidden love.  What more can a girl want??!!!  Jessica Ruben debut series is just blowing me away! I still cannot believe this is her debut series as it’s written like she’s been doing this for years! Well maybe she has and she’s just now sharing them with us the readers!  It doesn’t matter though, I JUST FLOVE IT! You need to go one click Reckoning today!

This is the seco
Sue Asterio
Ana (thestarslisten)
*ARC generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.*

Beautiful and heart-wrenching. I got my high for drama.

SPOILER FREE

I went through hell and back to be where I am, and I won’t let a man stop me from succeeding.

P L O T

Vincent and Eve in one school, his lies are catching up to him and his two lives are coming together. She’s been kept in the dark for so long but she’s clawing her way out from six feet under and playing a game she not equipped to take part in.

Part of m
Brittany Elliser
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Hell, I knew the consequences when I got into it with Eve, but I took the risk anyway. My day of reckoning has come.”

I have been sitting here for 30 minutes typing and retyping my thoughts. I can’t seem to pull myself together because my mind has just been blown! Apparently my jaw CAN drop further than it did in Rising because I am pretty sure it’s on the floor right now. I am addicted to this story- I’m calling it now Vincent and Eve are my drug of choice and I cannot get enough of them!

Book 2
Goodreads Librari...: Please merge 6 44 Jun 26, 2018 08:38AM

Vincent and Eve (3 books)
  • Rising (Vincent and Eve #1)
  • Redemption (Vincent and Eve #3)
“Eve,” I exhale, burrowing my nose behind her ear. “I want to take you to be my wife.” Kiss. “I want to have you and hold you.” Kiss. “From this day forward, for better, for worse.” Kiss. “For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health.” Kiss. “Until death do us part.” Kiss. “I’m so sorry for what I’m about to do. Forgive me, baby. I love you so fucking much.” I fall asleep with my face buried in her coconut-scented hair, wishing things could be different, but knowing that come morning, I’ll be shattering her life, and mine.” 5 likes