Start by marking “That Guy” as Want to Read:
That Guy

That Guy

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  3,831 Ratings  ·  703 Reviews
He’s That Guy.

You know, the hero in almost every romance novel.

Published June 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about That Guy, please sign up.

Colleen Hoover
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goats
I was asked to read this book by the author who paid me seven goats to blurb it. One of the goats died during shipment and the other six goats arrived as cats. I explained to Kim that she sent cats, not goats, but she said cats were what we agreed on and she can’t help it if I can’t spell “cats” right and spelled it g-o-a-t instead.
I kind of feel like I got cheated for the blurb on this book, but I read the book anyway and, while it was funny, I couldn’t help but be distracted by the thought of
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
Apr 22, 2018 marked it as to-read
Recommended to SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ by: Linda

IT’S LIVE!

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO |
Blurb:
He’s That Guy.
You know, the hero in almost every romance novel.
The super-rich, powerful CEO who is beyond sexy. Lives in a penthouse. Is wicked in bed. Has massive…feet. Is kind of a jerk, but really he’s not because he harbors some major secret that, once revealed, explains why he is the way he is—therefore completely redeeming himself and making all the readers who hated to love him swoon….
Yeah. That one.
Well, I found him.
Alex ♈
Jess☺️
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That Guy by Kim Jones is not your typical Kim Jones book there isn't one sexy biker in sight 😖 but we do get hot sin of a billionaire 😍.
It's a quick, easy, hilarious and exceptionally naughty read.
There are a few moments when you feel embarrassed for Penelope with her crazy actions and run away mouth but there are also plenty of giggles.
If you want a fun naughty read then this book is highly recommended.
Melanie A.
5+ STARS!!
"That mouth of yours, Penelope Hart, will be my demise."
Yeah, you read that right . . . 5+ STARS!! I'm not even going to pretend to be embarrassed that I LOVED this book so much.

Truly, this is a MUST READ for all lovers of romance and satire.

Why, you ask? Because it pokes fun at every cliché known to contemporary romance. It was a TOTAL RIOT. Then, add a pinch of depth and emotion to the humor and Voila! there was MAGIC.

So, any attempts to explain the plot would be pointless . .
Raine Miller
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kim Jones has written a hilariously funny Rom Com with a clever heroine quite unlike any I've ever encountered in a romance novel. Five Smart and Sassy Stars for Penelope and Jake in THAT GUY!

Raine Miller
NYT Bestselling Author
~ Cariad ~
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was EVERYTHING I hoped it would be...and then some!!!
description

I could gush for a thousand words about how much I LOVED it, but honestly, I just want to thank Kim for writing it and making me smile, laugh and swoon constantly during a week when, well... I really needed it, in RL.

Truly, she is the Queen of funny, snarky, quirky banter and an outstanding storyteller. I've read and loved every single one of her books - but for me, this one was the BEST.
LOL hope she's always blessed with that box
Trish
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not my kind of Heroine

I feel like I should write some kind of review because my rating is so much different than all the 5 stars. There may be some spoilers, but I don’t know how since nothing really happens in the book. It’s being kind to say it’s formulaic.

I just absolutely hated the main character. She’s useless, vapid, rude, & immature. What was with all the selfies meant to make her friend, who is struggling through a breakup, jealous? She wants to give a guy an ultimatum after about a
Josiane
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This is like my 5th or 6th really good book in row. I'm almost scared to pick my next read. This streak can't last.

I literally ate this book up. I could not put it down. It's funny and sexy and the perfect book for all of us romance readers as the author pokes fun at the concepts that we love of the genre. I loved it!
Viri
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pero qué tipo de historia es esta!????

En serio, todos los clichés cursis y tontos están aquí plasmados de una forma tan divertida y DISPARATADA que te hacen amarlos.

O al menos así me pasó a mí. La protagonista está loca. Loca de remate. No hay otra palabra para describirla hahaha y es su locura la esencia de este libro. Pues sin ella sería uno más de el montón.

No voy a decir que es el mejor libro del mundo. Ni siquiera estoy segura de que merezca las 4 estrellas.

Pero es que me gustó mucho y lo d
Milica's Bookshelf
Najbolja romantična komedija koju sam pročitala ove godine! LOL
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: June 18, 2018
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Actual Rating: 5 stars

Recommended Read

This book is hysterical! I was laughing so hard that tears were streaming down my face. I nearly dropped my iPad in the pool from giggling so hard. Ah!!! Kim Jones has written a one of a kind, unrestrained, over the top, side splitting romance. I couldn't get enough of this book- Penelope is my "spirit animal". If you need a book to lighten your mood, one that will lift you up, make your sides hurt fro
Rebecca Woodward
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
4.5 Stars

What a fabulous, funny and sexy read. The banter between the characters are hilarious. "That Guy" was written so well and full of surprises. This is a perfect summer fun read. I can't wait to read Cam and Emms story. I enjoyed reading from Penelope's POV. Her thoughts were read aloud and she made herself laugh. As we follow her story I can visualize a movie. Nick Bateman and Margot Robbie is my pick.
The Book Bee
Mar 26, 2018 marked it as to-read
Well, ok....knowing Kim Jones and all her funniness (work with me here), I saw this book and HAD to add it to my shelf. This looks way too funny to pass up!!!
Naughty Mom Story Time
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2018
5++ Stars

If you’re looking for a light-hearted, laugh out load read to lighten your mood or get over a #bookhangover THIS is the book you NEED. I laughed from start to finish - literally!!!

“How the hell did you mistake Pah-nell-ah-pee Harr-ttt for Miss Sims?”
“It’s an alias! The name Miss Sims is an alias!” he shouts to the ceiling. “Mother of fuck, woman. You’re like a goddamn fungus!”
I smile. I can’t help it. “Because I’m growing on you?”

OMFG! This book was the FUNNIEST book I have read all y
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, funny
This has been on my tbr for quite some time now. I was just a bit scared to start also. Because I love comedy movies but in books it's just harder to like. But I loved every second of this!

Penelope meets Jake in a "bad" way but it's just so funny! It could be worse but when I was in that moment I had a run for it moment and Penelope has a different moment.

They are so much fun to read!

I would recommend this one so much!!
Judith Argüelles
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
De verdad no pude amar mas este libro. Va a mi lista de favoritos. Osea la mente de la protagonista era tan disparatada (algunas veces yo lo pensaba y después ella lo decía y era como en plan pensamos lo mismo) y dispersa en momentos clave y no podía parar de reírme.

Los momentos Ray Donovan conoce a Christian Grey😍, la habitación roja, el bote de coca-cola...😏

(Imaginaros a mi en la cama a las 3 am, riéndome como una loca intentando hacer el mínimo ruido para q mis padres no se despierten)😂

En se
Melanie♥
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny
Laughed from the first chapter to the last. Light-hearted funny read.
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
This was my first time reading a Kim Jones book. I don't think I went more than 5 pages without cracking up laughing. It was so funny. I'm looking forward to Cam and Emily's story. I can't wait for that one.
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
2 stars. Is there a such thing as an actual funny romantic comedy book with a heroine who isn’t an annoying airhead or am I asking for too much? Jesus this book was painful. Unfunny and try hard.

I hated the characters. Penelope isn’t someone I relate to at all. She had the mentality of a 16 year old girl experiencing her first crush and I hated that every time she even thought about Jake she pretty much went into heat. Even when he was treating her and talking to her like garbage she was was st
Jessica Alcazar
So, this book....I was super excited because the blurb just hooked me. And I was having a hell of a good time reading this until .... 78% And now I can't even open it to finish. And THAT also pisses me off to no end.

I'm only going to say this because I haven't seen a single review remarking on this and it just fucking makes me even more mad about it. In my opinion, there are certain things that should never be part of a comedy routine/book/conversation/anything. So yeah, a woman asking a man "Di
Michelle
DNF
Penelope annoyed me so bad I had to stop reading this one!
seton
Aug 18, 2018 added it
Shelves: d-n-f, over-rated
Genre: Rom-com

I'm That Reader.

You know, there is something beautiful about a simple Boy-Meets-Girl story done well.

And this book is not It.

I just want a heroine that is appealing, relatable, and um . . . . SANE. Is this too much to ask?

Instead, I get a first person narrator who has a personality order at best, or is bat-shit cray at worst. I find personality disorders neither funny nor cute and since I could not get out of her narcisstic, delusional, manipulative, pathological, lying, trespassin
Tania  Desired Reads Bookblog
That Guy was fantastic!! I loved every moment of this book. It was soooo funny, I went from snickering to full blown laughing.
I became a fan of Kim Jones after I read Cutslut, so you can imagine my delight when I saw this book.

Penelope Hart decides to take her friend Emily's broken heart into her own hands. By plotting a revenge plan she goes to Chicago to set a pile of dog shit on fire. Things from there get very interesting. Her initial encounter with Jake is Hilarious. I swear Penelope is wel
Camila Matuella
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
3,7 * RINDO ETERNAMENTE* estrelas

Fazia séculos que eu estava atrás de algum livro que me fizesse rir, mas rir de doer a barriga, de gargalha, de quase acordar a casa inteira de tão HILÁRIO que o livro é. E graças ao bom menino Jesus eu achei ESSE livro que foi tudo isso pra mim. Se tu não rir nesse livro deixa te dizer uma coisa: tu tem zero senso de humor.

"I believe it was Christian Grey who taught us that coming on a full bladder was better than coming on an empty one. Damn if he wasn't righ
Amanda
First, confession...between reviewing ARCs and reading Kindle freebies it's not often that I pay for ebooks. But I read some early reviews on this one and purchased it on release day. So glad I did! It was sweet, steamy, and laugh out loud funny.

Second, I love RomComs but sometimes struggle to find stories that aren't too over the top in the humor department. You know, that make me roll my eyes and shake my head instead of laugh? Well, I can assure you that This Guy is not one of those. Ok, mayb
Jamie
Omg, this book was seriously funny! Like, laugh out loud and snort funny. It was fun being in Penelope's head. She may just be my favorite "quirky heroine".
And that epilogue has me chomping at the bit to see what happens after the epilogue.
Shayna
“Breathe, sweet girl.”

That Guy by Kim Jones made every single romantic bone in my body come alive! I can’t even with this book, with these characters! This is my very first Kim Jones’ romance and I can’t stop thinking…WHERE HAS SHE BEEN ALL MY LIFE? Jake and Penelope are LIFE! Their story was made for the romance community to go crazy! Hilarious, sexy, and oh so entertaining, That Guy has got to be one of my favorite ROM-COM’S of the year! This side-splitting romantic comedy was recommended to
Melinda
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That Guy by Kim Jones

Oh my God! This book was soooooo much fun! I stupidly downloaded the sample right before bed last night and then ‘accidentally’ woke up a few hours later so I could continue reading. From start to end, That Guy was a delight to read and even though I just finished 3 minutes ago, I’m already looking forward to a reread.

Penelope with her hilariously unfiltered thoughts and Jake with his grumpiness and outright sex appeal were just perfection. That Guy was funny. It was sexy.
Moon Love
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kim Jones wasn't lying when she said this book was funny. It's laugh out loud funny. Not just laugh but chuckle, giggle, and snort funny too. If you've ever seen one of Kim's live videos, you know she's funny and that definitely translates into her writing.

That Guy is a wonderful romantic comedy. Kim walks the fine line between a rom-com and satire, poking fun of tropes and commonalities often found in romance novels, but without going too far or being insulting. You can't help but like Penelope
Fallen Into Tijan...: That Guy by Kim Jones [July] - (UTM™: Maraya) 3 16 Jun 30, 2018 09:19PM
Kim Jones is just a girl who writes books, has a box fan and laughs at her own jokes.
“That’s one of the perks of being a writer. You get to put mean people in a book. And then you get to kill them.” 1 likes
“one. “Valentino.” 0 likes