Start by marking “Modern Monarchy: The British Royal Family Today” as Want to Read:
Modern Monarchy: The British Royal Family Today

Modern Monarchy: The British Royal Family Today

Photographer Chris Jackson has been by the Royal family's side on domestic visits and overseas tours for the past fifteen years, resulting in an unparalleled photographic archive of the evolving British Royal family. Occupying a front-row seat to history, Jackson's assignments have taken him to the four corners of the Earth to document the extraordinary breadth and ...more
Published October 16th 2018 by Rizzoli International Publications

To ask other readers questions about Modern Monarchy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Modern Monarchy

Start your review of Modern Monarchy: The British Royal Family Today
Kristin Contino
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a gorgeous coffee table book filled with images by my favorite royal photographer, Chris Jackson. I enjoyed the behind-the-scenes tidbits and closeups of things I'd never noticed (like Prince Charles patches his shoes!). A perfect gift for any royal fan!
Justin
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'll admit, I'm a fan of the British royals. To be fair, I'm also a fan of the Spanish royals too. I'm not exclusive. In my defense, I'm not so much a fan of the individuals themselves but, rather, their history. It's almost like looking at a living museum. It fascinates me that the antiquated idea of a king has survived into our contemporary world. And the fact that they can trace their families back centuries and have survived the fall of kingdoms in other countries.

From a rhetorical sense,
Amy
An interesting look at the British Royal Family of today. For anyone who believes the role of the royal family is diminishing, you could not be further from the truth.

They are still the face of Great Britain and are often seen representing the country at sporting events, horse races & polo matches, in the military, at charity events, and more!

This book is full of photographs that well-illustrate the various roles where members of the royal family serve.

Brilliant!
Elma Voogdt
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Modern Monarchy is a stunning book which documents photos from big state occasions and overseas tours, Royal weddings and first days at school.
We can talk long about the book, but there’s no need to.. This book so beautiful , it is a must have if you are fan of the British Royal Family and seen through the Camera of Chris Jackson.
Amanda
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is a beautiful book, filled with many gorgeous photos of the modern royal family over the last two decades! My only (minor) complaint is that the year the photo was taken is often not included in the captions, but overall, a beautiful collection of photos for fans of the British Royal Family!!
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Gorgeous book by Getty photographer Chris Jackson, documenting the last ten or so years of the British Royal Family. My only quibble is that I’d like to have seen each photograph dated, for reference sake.
Hannah Degn
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fun
An amazing intimate look at the royal family with breathtaking images!
Sandy
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Even though this is a bigger book it is all photographs so it is a quick look thru. I could look at their pictures all the time. It is fun to see their different fashions and what they are doing.
Angela
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful pictures and the text was personal and interesting. If you like the British Royal family this is a must read.
Trish
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, nonfiction
This is a neat book.
Beth Anne
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Super fun, great photos, solid commentary.
Sarah M

• Young Elizabeth: The Making of the Queen
  • The Other Windsor Girl: A Novel of Princess Margaret, Royal Rebel
  • Together: Our Community Cookbook
  • Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • The Crown: The Official Companion, Volume 1: Elizabeth II, Winston Churchill, and the Making of a Young Queen (1947-1955)
  • The Cat Who Came for Christmas (Compleat Cat #1)
  • The Matriarch: Barbara Bush and the Making of an American Dynasty
  • The Royal Runaway
  • William & Harry
  • Touched by the Sun: My Friendship with Jackie
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • The Crown: The Official Companion, Volume 2: Political Scandal, Personal Struggle, and the Years That Defined Elizabeth II (1956-1977)
  • Untold Story
  • The Adventure Zone: Murder on the Rockport Limited!