Start by marking “Gent (#BitterSweetHeat, #1)” as Want to Read:
Gent (#BitterSweetHeat, #1)

Gent

(#BitterSweetHeat #1)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  1,142 Ratings  ·  229 Reviews
Raven Elliot blasts into town like a wrecking ball—striking and devastating.
With a few simple words, my reliable routine crumbles to dust.

“Is this seat taken?”

I could close my eyes and let her voice wrap around me like a lover’s caress.
But this isn’t that type of story.
And I’m sure as hell not that kind of man.

She hovers in my space, batting her lashes and smiling shyly.
T
Published May 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Gent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gent

Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
Not only is the cover smoking hot, but the content inside 100% flammable!! Gah, Trey's dirty mouth combined with Raven's adventurous spirit sure makes for some interesting sexy times! My kindle is still smoking from this one.

But putting aside the sexy content and a heroine who's DTF anywhere, this is Harloe Rae's best book to date! The writing, plot, and overall execution is superb. I enjoyed getting to know the main characters, but also got a kick out of the secondary characters. I'm shipping a
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
GENT Teaser 5
⭐⭐⭐⭐STARS
ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-30/5/18

Harloe Rae was a new author for me so wasn't quite sure what to expect; So pleased to report that "Gent" was a very enjoyable endeavour indeed.
So first the characters portrayed here were in their early twenties; And while I usually prefer an older Hero as my go-to age choice; I also do enjoy the occasional New Adult book.
So this is an enemies to lovers romance.
The H Trey is a complete tool; like a major obnoxious, rude, opinionated man-whore with a gin
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
Cover Heat Factor: HOT HOT HOT!
Leading Characters: Addicting!
Storyline: Intense/Dramatic/ Hot/Page Turner/Sexy
HEA? Wouldn't you want to know!
Book Title: Perfect for this story!

5 Wrenched Stars!!!!

Trey is a certified A*Hole. From the first time we are introduced to him, his a*holery ways were getting me addicted. Raven is golden. She is ready to move to a place that she can escape too. She may bring out the worse in Trey, but she just can not stay away. These two have the Hate/Love kind of rel
♡Tonya♡
May 25, 2018 marked it as not-happening
(view spoiler)
Sunniva Dee
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Freaking Refreshing!
Trey, a scorching mix of hot, grumpy, difficult and irresistible, ends up smack in the middle of Raven's life and he doesn't even want to be there.

Hell, he'd rather stay away from her sweet, kind, beautiful, and sexy-as-eff all-around awesomeness any day of the week. Raven SO isn't his type.

Because Trey's type is one-night-quickie bombshells he can get out of his bed first thing in the morning. And here Raven is, dancing around town making cupcakes?

Cupcakes as delicious as sh
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
ARC
5 Dirty Stars!!!!

I'm so incredibly happy to have read this book because holy moly, it was good and I'm usually not even the type to go for the a-holes, but let me tell you, Trey won me over from the first page.

I loved how straightforward he is with everything. He's not one to waste time with pleasantries or how you doings, but instead goes straight to the target. It was quite shocking at first, to have such a bear of a hero, after sweet Ryker and charming Rowen, but Trey certainly knew how to
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
I love love love Enemies to lovers, but this one just didn't had what I expected.. It's pretty damn hard to write someone who the h hates and you as a reader hate. Also the hate needs to feel real it needs to be like if it would've happened to you, you would feel angry too. That's so hard because hate/dislike is for everyone very different. Maybe I'm too hard on this one but it was just not what I expected.

This hate felt kind of forced? Like it wasn't really hate and actually it wasn't really..
Harloe Rae
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
GENT is an enemies-to-lovers, new adult romance. The seductive battle between Trey and Raven will be available May 30th!

★ Sign up for a release day notification ➔ http://bit.ly/GentLiveAlert

★ If you’re a blogger, sign-up to review here ➔ http://bit.ly/GENTRelease

description
S.L. Scott
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love discovering a new to me author and oh man am I glad I got to read this book.
This enemies to lovers story captures the reader from page one. From the lush descriptions of setting that make you feel like you’re in the story to the dynamic characters, I found myself feeling all of their ups and downs, emotions, and like I was right there taking this journey with them. Raven and Trey are captivating and the chemistry is scorching hot.
I loved Gent so much and made sure to purchase it on relea
Mandie
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was an amazingly hot enemies to lovers romance!! I couldn’t put it down!
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Trey is an arrogant arsehole. There is no point in beating around the bush, everyone in town knows it and he knows it. He is also a very attractive looking arsehole and he is very aware of that too. He works hard as a mechanic and rewards himself by indulging in the pleasures of female company. Only one night stands though.

Unfortunately, all Trey’s handsomeness and the amount of willing women in his life have gone to his head. He believes that every woman wants him. His theory is challenged whe
Auden Dar
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After loving “Watch Me Follow,” I was thrilled to receive an advance copy of “GENT.” This enemies to lovers story is one that has the right mix of humor, angst and awesome steamy moments.

Trey is my favorite kind of alpha male- hot, sexy, and an a**hole. He spends his days as a mechanic and his nights at the bar in search of a one-night stand. He’s unapologetic and that’s one of the things I love about him. He just doesn’t give a damn about what people think.

Raven’s the new girl in town, in sea
Grey
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
A very quick enemies to lovers book, which as all of you have probably guessed by now...is my favorite trope, I think. This one was a little quick on the insta-love trigger for my tastes, but different books for different appetites, right? however, it was written well and the playlist was very enjoyable. And yahoo for KU! 3 stars
Julia
I’m not quite sure why I decided to read this or why I thought it would be good.
It wasn’t. Truly atrocious writing and asinine characters. I thought I was going to get this great heroine who was truly indifferent to the shit bag hero and yet, I get stuttering and blushing in the first chapter. And a drunk moaning and grinding girl in the second chapter. Gag me.

Heros thought process was disgusting. He needed to be punched in the face...or the dick. Heroine was exciting as a potato.

Don’t waste
A.M. Hargrove
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Dirty Princess Stars
Holy Gent! And he certainly isn't one. What the hell did I just read? Harloe Rae has stepped it up 100 notches and taken her writing to a completely new level of H.O.T! Ladies ... get the ice, a fan, and the cold shower ready because you're going to need it for this one. I went in prepared for all the sweetness that Harloe usually delivers, but what I got was a healthy dose of habanero heat laced with extra spicy.
This book has all the feels, the delicious angst that I love
Tia Louise
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Harloe Rae delivers a sensual, red-hot enemies to lovers romance!

Trent is a sexy jerk with a dark past. Seriously, he has reasons to be the way he is. Raven is a fighter looking for a better life for herself.

When they cross paths... well, it's prickly at first, but once they kiss, it gets EXPLOSIVE! Raven is the first woman to make Trent want to change, and she is definitely a game changer for him.

The perfect blend of angst, sexy, and all the feels. Don't miss this fantastic, five-star read!
Anna Valsa
May 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Wow! What a cover. He is gorgeous!
The story? Not so much. Very disappointed. 😕
Jessica
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
I’ve been stalking this author’s Amazon page in anticipation of this book’s release. Redefining Us and Watch Me Follow are among my top ten romance novels of all time—what can I say? I love me a damaged hero... Sadly, this one really fell flat for me. I’m really puzzled at all the 5-star reviews, as there was really nothing setting this story apart from any other in the genre. The heroine’s dogged determination to pursue the hero in spite of his boorish behavior was not really my thing, and the ...more
♥️Fantasy Land Blog Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wow, what can you say about Trey that hasn't already been said? He is a true di*k. He knows how he comes across, and he doesn't care. He hates people and he is fine with that. If they don't like the way he is, they can all go screw themselves. That is until Raven walks into town.

Raven is beautiful inside and out. She draws Trey in with her light and she sees something in him that nobody else can see. She sees the good in him.

But Trey is determined to keep her at arm's length. But while he is do
Lori ~ BF Bookies
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well, holy grumpy and broody hottie alert! Trey is a not-so-gentlemanly crabby pants...all the time. Only acting halfway decent to the women he wants in his bed.

Enter gorgeous, new-to-town Raven. They meet at a bar, he’s a complete ass to her, and she stands her ground and sasses right back. I like her immediately. Beyond that tough exterior, she knows there’s more to him, she ‘sees’ him and doesn’t back down.

And guess what? They can’t get out of each other’s heads. Once they’re able to be civ
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

I was in the mood for an enemy to lovers, asshole hero kind of book. And man did I find what I was looking for in Gent. I couldn’t put this down, from the very beginning I was hooked. I had been in a dark romance mood for a while and Gent was a nice distraction from the dark romance kick I had been on.

To say Trey was a massive ass to Raven is an understatement but I couldn’t help but love him still. Raven and him
Linda
Jun 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Please, for the love of all that is holy, not another book like this one ...

1) Asshole hero who is a manwhore and who knows "how to show a girl a good time" and is chased after by every woman who sees him - Check
2) Damaged heroine with a past who is starting over in a new town - Check
3) Annoying best friend who somehow picks up on the slightest clues that heroine is lying (usually about an interaction with the hero) and will get IN HER FACE and ask endless questions until she gets her answers (w
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

Harloe has released her best book yet! Gent is filled with an enemies to lovers romance that sizzles and a host of secondary characters that will make you want to stay in this small town forever.

Trey is the epitome of an a***hole. From the moment readers meet him, he spews vitriolic insults meant to harm. He has zero care for the feelings of others unless they are a part of his very small circle. What will happen, though, is that, like the heroine, readers will s
Andrea Britton
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gent by Harloe Rae

Raven is moving across the state to an entire new town, Garden Grove. She is starting a job as a baker for her friends Coffee shop Jitters. Being the newbie in town Raven has no clue who or what she’s getting into.

Trey, surly and broody and a bad attitude. He is one of the biggest pricks(putting that nicely) in Garden Grove. He has a past that has made him that way but everyone just lets him be until Raven meets him.

Raven can see the good deep down in Trey even though it’s re
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-love
Gent is surprisingly sweet considering how abrasive Trey is. I truly enjoyed the story, but it felt a bit superficial - I think delving more into the grief of each character and capitalizing on the deeper bond that could forge between Trey and Raven would have given the book more depth and dimension. That being said, the chemistry and connection between Raven and Trey was palpable from the beginning, the sex scenes were hot, and the while the big bump in their road to HEA was resolved rather qui ...more
Tricia Davis
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read and reviewed an ARC copy for an honest review on behalf of Everything Marie http://everythingmarie.com

This one stuck with me for days before I could write a review! My head just kept reeling and I could
Not even put my thoughts into words right away! That being said Gent is absolutely fabulous! I loved it!
Raven moves to find a better life for herself! All she has left is her mom, and to put it kindly she is not the greatest role model! She moves with her best friend and brings her baking sk
Jos
Sep 26, 2018 added it
No rating it was a DNF for me:(

I just couldn't warm up to either character. I didn't care for the storytelling/writing aspect either so called it a day unfortunately:(
Nicole
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fan-Girl Here

I'm totally in love with the writing of one Harlow Rae. Trey and Raven were just so adorable together. His bad boy ways mixed so well with her sweet, yet, naughty side. I enjoyed their story and can't wait for the next book by this author.
Jennifer S
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by the talented Harloe Rae. This is the 4th book released by this author and you will not be disappointed.
Raven has moved to a town where her best friend lives to start working in her coffee shop making delicious cupcakes to sell to the local people living in this small town. When Raven goes to the local pub to meet up with her friend, that is where she stumbles upon the towns hot bad boy Trey. Its instant chemistry not only for Raven but for Trey as well. Trey has lost so
Diary Of Book Fiend
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
My three star review is due to personal preference and does not reflect the author's writing style.

I am not a fan of insta-love, or women who chase men. Those are just not my favorite books.

I felt like Raven did all the chasing and Trey did all the orgasms and as wonderful as that is, it's not my cup of tea.

She gets upset and leaves town but then comes back the next day because a friend called saying Trey was at the bar talking about her non stop. I'm sorry, but if you were being a prick and i
I love getting swept away by a good book and would consider myself a romance junkie. I've had several stories building in my mind for years so I've decided to try writing them!

I'm married to an amazing man and we have an adorable little boy. They are what makes life worth living. I'm also passionate about horses, reading, blogging, and having fun!

#BitterSweetHeat (2 books)
  • Miss (#BitterSweetHeat, #2)