Start by marking “Dying Truth (D.I. Kim Stone, #8)” as Want to Read:
Dying Truth (D.I. Kim Stone, #8)

Dying Truth

(D.I. Kim Stone #8)

How far would you go to protect your darkest secrets?

When teenager Sadie Winter jumps from the roof of her school, her death is ruled as suicide – a final devastating act from a troubled girl. But then the broken body of a young boy is discovered at the same school and it’s clear to Detective Kim Stone that these deaths are not tragic accidents.

As Kim and her team begi
Published May 18th 2018 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Dying Truth, please sign up.

Maureen
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Hands up, I've knelt down and worshipped at the altar of Angela Marsons for some years now, but with 'Dying Truth' she LITERALLY brought me to my knees, brought me down reeling in disbelief, and that's all I'm gonna say without giving anything away!

The setting this time around is an elite private boarding school for the children of the wealthy - the lawyers, the politicians, the successful businessmen. It begins with the death of pupil Sadie Winters, initially thought to be suicide, but nothing
Meredith
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Angela Marsons takes things to the next level in The Dying Truth, book eight in the D.I. Kim Stone series. This is a top-notch police procedural built around compelling characters, a fascinating mystery, dark twists, and a heartbreaking ending.

The mystery revolves an exclusive boarding school, Heathcrest, with underground elite societies (think the Skull and Bones). When 13-year-old girl commits suicide at the school, Kim and team are brought in to investigate. While this case should be cut a
Chelsea Humphrey
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Chelsea by: Noelle
I say this with every book that she publishes, but I truly feel this is Angie's best novel to date. Wow. Just wow. I feel at a loss for non-spoilery words, but in short, this is precisely what a crime fiction novel should read like. It's no easy feat to keep a series running so long that you are publishing your 8th installment to greedy readers (because honestly, we can't get enough), but I can't think of a single thing I would change in the writing or narrative. In short-this novel was perfecti ...more
BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
Oh Angela Marsons, how you have slain my heart! 💔

This book had me reading way after my bedtime with a quickened pulse, only to leave me feeling gutted. Dying Truth was without a doubt, a dynamic addition to Angela Marson's, Kim Stone series. As difficult as it is to say this, because I have genuinely loved each and every Kim Stone book, Dying Truth has firmly become my favorite book of the series to date!

The team's latest case brings them to Heathcrest, an elite boarding school where a 13 yea
Christine
5 Bloody Beautiful Stars!

How can I talk about this book when my heart is in my throat??? Angela Marsons again delivers and delivers hard in this novel, the 8th book in the phenomenal Kim Stone series. Every year since 2015 I have looked forward to my twice yearly gift of a Kim Stone book from Ms. Marsons’ pen. Why do I have such a high opinion of this series? Simple. These characters, these stories, these books make me FEEL. Every time. And that’s why I go into every book totally cold, never rea
Linda
Putting Jack back in the box.......

The world, as we know it, is not how we know it. Angela Marsons has loosened the bolts on this one and there is a death rattle happening beyond every corner. The build-up is in hyper-drive as D.I. Kim Stone reveals a gruesome pattern in this latest crimescape.

Heathcrest is a prestigious co-ed private school in which students with highly advantageous connections get all the perks. Even with all those enticing perks, Sadie Winters doesn't even feel her own heart
Liz
Shelves: netgalley

Another 5 Star winner from Angela Marsons. Kim Stone has been one of my favorite detective novels since book 1. And this book keeps the streak going.

The death of a 13 year old girl at a posh boarding school is initially thought a suicide, but the post mortem puts a lie to that. However, the powers that be want the truth brushed under the rug. “Aah, poor Sadie. She was a troubled lady, he said, shaking his head. Kim felt that if she heard that word used one more time to describe the child she mi
Paromjit
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Angela Marsons is on the top of her game in this harrowing and emotional heartbreaker of a case in this, the eighth addition to the incomparable DI Kim Stone series. Heathcrest is an exclusive private boarding school for the children of the powerful and privileged where something rotten to the core resides. 13 year old Sadie Winters is troubled and self harming, so when her body is discovered at the bottom of the belltower, it is assumed she has tragically committed suicide, but Kim does not agr ...more
Emma
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An easy, but devastating, 5 stars. Probably the best book Angela Marsons has written.

So we're at book 8 of this series and it's better than ever. I don't even know what kind of magic Marsons pulled out of her hat for this one but I didn't put to down except to eat. I always enjoy her books but this one I LOVED. Well, most of it. I have some serious emotional issues I need to work through with the author after WHAT SHE DID, but it'll take time and I'm not ready to talk about it yet. You'll see.
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: I lied.

I said yes.

How could I tell them how I really felt? How could I tell them that a piece of me dies every time I come home? How could I try and penetrate the perfect bubble around them? How could I reveal what I do to stay calm? How can I share the darkness that shadows every thought I have; the rage that heats my blood?

How could I tell them that I'm the broken child?

ABOUT THIS BOOK: How far would you go to protect your darkest secrets?

When teenager Sadie Winter jumps from the
Book Addict Shaun
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So I write my Goodreads reviews immediately after finishing a book, which is a problem here with Dying Truth because it has left me a broken man. I have just finished it with tears streaming down my face. This is by far the best book Angela Marsons has ever written, which when you consider the past seven amazing books, is one hell of an achievement. I’m not even sure I can put into words how or why I enjoyed this one so much but I’ll try. I have also been known to get carried away when talking a ...more
Barbara
May 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bayb-2018

In this eighth addition to the 'Kim Stone' series, Detective Inspector Kim Stone and her team, who work in the West Midlands region of England, investigate suspicious deaths at a prestigious boarding school. The book can be read as a standalone, but familiarity with the characters is advantageous.

*****

When DI Kim Stone and DS Bryant get a call in their car saying a girl is about to jump from the roof of the elite Heathcrest Academy, the detectives rush to the school. They're too late, though, a
Louise Wilson
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Detective Kim Stone Series:- Book 8

When teenager Sadie Winter jumps from the roof of her school, her death is ruled as a suicide. But when the broken body of a young boy is discovered at the same school, it's clear to Detective Kim Stone that the deaths are not tragic accidents. Could one of the teachers hold the key to the truth.? But then the teacher is found dead.

Kim Stone, writhing from pain from a broken leg, is shouting for her team to enter a building she knows could put them in danger. T
Jan
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG that ending!!

I am so behind on my reviews that as much as I want to go on and on about this book and the amazing series it's a part of, I'm going to keep it to short and sweet:

-This is one talented author who listens to her fans and keeps the plot lines interesting and relevant, and keeps the characters rich and full of life. Every book in this series I have rated 5 stars! I keep waiting for that one-you know, that one that just doesn't measure up, or falls short of what you have come to ex
Sarah Joint
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Angela Marsons continues to impress with her novels featuring Kim Stone. With each book, more layers are peeled back and we get to know Kim better. Her real vulnerability (though she would deny it, no doubt) shines though. Her determination to do what she feels is right, no matter who tries to dissuade her, makes her who she is. At the same time, she's never too perfect to relate to. She snaps sometimes, she's sarcastic, and she makes mistakes. All of these things make her a lovable character, a ...more
Carolyn
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Angela Marsons has delivered a cracker of a thriller with her eighth book in the Kim Stone series! Delving into the world of an exclusive private school and that of the privileged children who attend it, she explores the dark side of secret clubs, initiation rites and ritual bullying.

Kim is called out to the death of a young school girl. An unhappy, misfit of a child, thought to have taken her own life by jumping off the bell tower. But Kim feels that something is not right with the scene and af
Zoeytron
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Copy furnished by Net Galley for the price of a review.

The prestigious Heathcrest Academy, where the very air is redolent of exclusivity and superiority.  Even so, there is a pecking order maintained in the elite ranks of the privileged.  Within the hallowed halls of Heathcrest, some are following a different set of rules.  A reported suicide with ties to a secret club may shatter the glossy veneer of this esteemed establishment.

DI Kim Stone and her crew are back on task here doing what they d
Gary
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I have already read 8 books in this series. 'Dying Truth' is the latest episode in the DI Kim Stone series by the outstanding author Angela Marsons.
This series is full of excellent characters and well crafted plots with the added bonus for me of being familiar with many of the locations.
Teenager Sadie Winter jumps from the roof of her school and everything points to her death been suicide. But when the body of a young boy is discovered at the same school it sparks concerns for DI
Helga
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, crime, mystery, british
Angela Marsons did it again! I don’t know what adjectives to use to describe this book. Gripping, thrilling, chilling, heartrending, fast paced, unsettling…

13 year old Sadie Winters jumps to her death from the roof of a prestigious school.
She is known as a troubled and withdrawn student and naturally her death is assumed a suicide.
Then another teenage boy dies horrifically from peanut allergy. He is known to be careful of what he ingests. So why did the autopsy show peanuts stuck in his throat?
Alan Cotterell
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018, 6-stars
Not sure if I can do this book justice.

All the books in this series are incredibly well thought out, developed, funny, emotional, fast paced and powerfully emotive, but this book tops the lot. I write this with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes.
Even the prologue and epilogue could be published as individual short stories and get 5 stars.
Set in an elite private boarding school for the children of the wealthy. It begins with the death of 13 year old Sadie Winters that looks like sucide init
Brenda
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Some random thoughts to help me figure out this book:

There were three or four chapters with Kim as the main focus until a few paragraphs in when Bryant's presence is suddenly made known. That surprised me. Perhaps some chapters could have started out with Bryant? I now feel that Bryant was too often in the background and underused.

The banter between Kim and Bryant is a highlight in this series, but it didn’t seem as prevalent in this book. I missed their personal conversations.

One thing I found
Sue
DYING TRUTH is the eighth book in the D. I. Kim Stone series by Angela Marsons. And I didn’t miss reading one of her books in the series. This book is outstanding and probably the best book she has written yet! I devoured it! I don’t know how she continues to produce such high-quality writing.

“The past never stays in the past.”

When teenager Sadie Winter jumps from the roof of her school, her death is ruled as suicide. Sadie was a troubled girl who had been forced to see a school counsellor,
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I really am at a loss for words for what to say about Dying Truth. There is so much I want to say but I just don't know how to say it to do this fabulous book the justice it deserves.

The story centres around a boarding school. I'm not sure if it's because of the school setting or that some of the murder victims are children, but either way it had me totally hooked. I also think because there are children involved that you can really see how much it's affecting the team.

Dawson really stands out
Ginger
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-z-challenge, 2019
Best book in the series so far!
All the stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I’m shocked and feel like I’ve been punched in the gut with that ending.
Holy shit, what a book!

Dying Truth is the 8th book in the D.I. Kim Stone series. The book starts off with the suicide of a teenager, Sadie Winter and lots of unanswered questions about her death. Sadie went to a private wealthy school and once DI Kim Stone starts investigating the school, things get intense and suspenseful.
Kim Stone and the detective crew she leads are tryin
Amy
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy, I don’t even know if I can discuss the details of this one because I’m still an emotional wreck (yes, a crime novel has me shattered, I’ll get to that later) so I’m going to try something I’ve only ever done once before, and that is with my review of The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter. I’m going to tell you why Angie Marsons is at the very top of her game and all the reasons why this series should be on your immediate TBR.

She always comes up with fresh, unique premises that pull you in
The Cats’ Mother
Ah, school, the best days of your life, where you make life-long friendships with people who will stand by you no matter what... well, not in Angela Marsons’ world. This eighth book in the fabulous Kim Stone series explores the world of privileged private boarding schools with their institutionalised bullying, secret societies and long-lasting resentments. Somehow she manages to keep up the intensity of the previous books and still bring something new.

A lonely thirteen year old girl has jumped o
Brenda
When Detective Inspector Kim Stone and her partner DS Bryant were called to the apparent suicide of thirteen-year-old Sadie Winter, the elite school of Heathcrest was one they had only heard of; never visited. But that would change over the next days and weeks as the second death in a matter of days followed. The shock to Kim and Bryant was that these deaths weren’t accidents at all – someone was murdering children in the school.

Dark secrets; restricted, invitation only clubs; brutal initiation
Jean
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars for Angela Marsons’ newest Kim Stone thriller, Dying Truth. Am I basing that on my disappointment over the ending? Yes. In part. I can’t reveal it, of course. But I was stunned, and not in a good way. I realize that it is a good thing when an author elicits feelings powerful enough to cause leaky eyeballs, but boo-hoo-hoo...

There, I’ve got that out of the way. Dying Truth is set at an ultra-elite boarding school. DI Kim Stone and DS Bryant arrive on the scene of an apparent suicide. Sa
Holly
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
I started reading this series last year, and I'm actually quite surprised that I haven't binge read this entire series. Its that good! In the 8th book, we start with a young girl that is brutally beaten (not a spoiler, this happens within the first few pages) at a prestigious boarding school. Right away, Kim Stone knows that something is wrong about this "apparent" suicide. Since this school has wealthy clients she is being met with resistance at every step, even by the girl's parents. That does ...more
Eva
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!

I can’t. Sorry, just can’t. *blows nose* Please buy the book, read it for yourself, come back and talk to me or find yourself a good therapist.

What do you mean, this doesn’t constitute as a review? I’m not sure what else I can say. There are no words, people! I am writing this five minutes after finishing the book and I’m reeling! I’m not entirely sure I can string together a coherent sentence but I’ll try.

Have some tips first. Cancel all your plans. If you have kids
Saucy Wenches Boo...: Dying Truth [February 2019] 15 10 Apr 22, 2019 09:39AM

• Sleep Tight (Detective Ruby Preston, #2)
  • Deadly Secrets (Detective Erika Foster, #6)
  • In the Name of the Father (Knight & Culverhouse Book 6)
  • She Be Damned
  • The Silent Girls (Detective Anna Gwynne, #1)
  • The Puppet Show (Washington Poe, #1)
  • For Richer, For Poorer (Jessica Daniel, #10)
  • The Truth Will Out (DCI Helen Lavery #2)
  • The Photographer (Narey & Winter, #7)
  • Survivor (Lolly Bruce #1)
  • Quieter Than Killing (DI Marnie Rome, #4)
  • Haven (Lowtown, #1)
  • The Shrouded Path
  • All Lessons Learned (Cambridge Fellows, #8)
  • No Time to Cry (DC Constance Fairchild, #1)
  • After She's Gone (DI Matthew Adams, #1)
  • The Dead Past (Puddledown Mysteries, #1)
  • Her Final Hour (Detective Gina Harte, #2)
Angela is the author of the Kim Stone Crime series. She discovered a love of writing at Primary School when a short piece on the rocks and the sea gained her the only merit point she ever got.
Angela wrote the stories that burned inside and then stored them safely in a desk drawer.
After much urging from her partner she began to enter short story competitions in Writer's News resulting in a win and

D.I. Kim Stone (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Silent Scream (D.I. Kim Stone, #1)
  • Evil Games (D.I. Kim Stone, #2)
  • Lost Girls (D.I. Kim Stone, #3)
  • Play Dead (D.I. Kim Stone, #4)
  • Blood Lines (D.I. Kim Stone, #5)
  • Dead Souls (D.I. Kim Stone, #6)
  • Broken Bones (D.I. Kim Stone, #7)
  • Fatal Promise (D.I. Kim Stone, #9)
  • Dead Memories (D.I. Kim Stone, #10)
  • Child's Play (DI Kim Stone #11)
“Perfection isn’t real. It is only the top layer beneath which the ugliness lies.” 1 likes
“The need to belong is among the most fundamental of all personality processes.” 0 likes