Start by marking “Girls With Dreams: Inspiring Girls to Code and Create in the New Generation” as Want to Read:
Girls With Dreams: Inspiring Girls to Code and Create in the New Generation

Girls With Dreams: Inspiring Girls to Code and Create in the New Generation

The turn of the twenty-first century has proven humankind’s genius. Technology is at its height – space exploration, stem cell research, and self-driving cars are all normal occurrences. However, there happens to be a problem of incredible magnitude rising quickly in the tech sector: only 29% of science or engineering workers are female, and even less are of minority races ...more
Published January 14th 2018 by Createspace Independent Pub

To ask other readers questions about Girls With Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girls With Dreams

Start your review of Girls With Dreams: Inspiring Girls to Code and Create in the New Generation
Isabel
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I recieved an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I found this book intriguing. I found the topic at hand engaging and I'd absolutely like to read more on this subject from this author. I think it's important to address biases, expand our ranges and do more and better. Natasha does a great job of showing that anyone can code. Not everyone has to of course, but we shouldn't limit it.
Tracy (The Pages In-Between)
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Smith Publicity #Partner for sending this free book, in exchange of an honest review. All opinions are my own.

First off, let me say I am impressed with Natasha Ravinand, she put together a statistic, and fact filled, entertaining book. She included pop culture as examples, which will appeal to kids her age, and hopefully it will encourage girls to follow their dreams, and realize with hard work and determination they can do any job a male can do. I like that she included her own per
Shelby
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*i received an e arc from netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I thought this was a really inspirational book from the first page. I feel as though any woman going into a STEM field would benefit from reading this.
Tahlia
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book not only outlines the need for gender equality in the world of technology and STEM, but also the wider world around us including the way children's toys are marketed greatly affect the subjects they undertake and topics they become interested in during their schooling life.

I especially liked how the author mentions pioneers in the tech field such as the ULTIMATE MVP, Grace Hopper.

Females (and overall diversity) in the world of technology is SO IMPORTANT. You cannot strive to achieve ad
Vanessa
Yana Semour
Apr 13, 2020

• Land of Wolves
  • A Sound of Thunder and Other Stories
  • Iron Orchid (Holly Barker, #5)
  • Beauty and the Beak: How Science, Technology, and a 3D-Printed Beak Rescued a Bald Eagle
  • Shut Up and Listen!: Hard Business Truths that Will Help You Succeed
  • Dubliners
  • The One and Only Ivan
  • Lost Creed (Ryder Creed, #4)
  • Lab Girl
  • Rachel Maddow: A Biography
  • Orchid Beach (Holly Barker, #1)
  • Pax (Pax #1)
  • Desperate Creed (Ryder Creed #5)

News & Interviews