Start by marking “The Noble Heir (Princes of Valdoria #1)” as Want to Read:
The Noble Heir (Princes of Valdoria #1)

The Noble Heir (Princes of Valdoria #1)

What about the one that got away?

Prince Theo Kane has always known duty comes first. As crown prince of Valdoria, his priorities have been country and family above all. And that's always been easy for him--until duty and the queen demand that he find a wife. But he already tried proposing to the one woman he really wants, and she ran.

Alex Turner fought her way to the top
Published March 24th 2018 by Pickled Plum Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Noble Heir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Noble Heir

Start your review of The Noble Heir (Princes of Valdoria #1)
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I just love books that revolve around royalty? Why is that, I wonder? Princes and cowboys. Ha. Yup, sign me up.

Seriously though, there is just something about reading stories about princes and princesses, kings and queens that I just love. This book is the beginning of a new series about the royal family of Valdoria and I cannot tell you how excited I am about this! Prince Theo has a few brothers and I can tell by this story that it's going to be a fun ride with them.

Alex is a princess in hiding
Coco.V
Jan 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/30/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
What about the one that got away?

Donna Weaver
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WHAT IT'S ABOUT

Alex Turner fought her way to the top of the world's most prestigious photography course. As long as no one figures out who she really is, her dream of being a photographer on Jacque
Christina
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This book is a harder one to review for me. I absolutely loved the premise of the book and the way it began and started. Our two main characters, Alex and Theo, have great chemistry and depth, and I really enjoyed the romantic tension between them. I loved Alex’s drive to be the best based on her own merit, and Theo has such a drive to be and do the best for his family and country.

That being said, there was much I felt was rushed or left unsolved/untold in the story. One of the main re
Jennifer Dale
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars but rounded to 4

The story, characters were amazing. Amazing maybe a stronger word than needed but it was very good.
What I didn't like and its a strong dislike; enough to drop the story a star and half, was how the story was written. Third Person!
The story was told a lot by the characters interacting but it was also a lot in third person, Where the author was telling us everything. It was the balance between the two that kept me reading.

Dual POV.

Loving the princes had me going to book t
Avid
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute, predictable, and therefore sometimes really annoying. Nothing new but a HEA after decent relationship development. It was wrapped up a bit too neatly and quickly, but it’s written for a teenage audience.
Emock
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I can get behind a sweet, "Princess Diary- esque" book but so much about this novel felt too contrived and forced. ...more
Shana
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
Clean, wholesome, and sweet… but also a little boring.

Alex was the more interesting of the pair. She knew what she wanted and she went after it with every means at her disposal, even if those means meant masking her identity as a princess. She loved what she did, even if her reasons for starting it were a bit pat, and she was loyal to her dream. She was a bit dull personality-wise, being so hyper-focused on photography and, later, her newfound crush on Theo; it would’ve been nice to see her pers
Rosanne Lortz
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Alex Turner (AKA Princess Alexandra Torres) won the coveted internship with world-famous photographer Jacques Ledoux, she had no idea that her next photo assignment would take her to Valdoria to shadow Prince Theo for a month of candid shots. Now if only she can survive the month without blowing her cover or falling in love with the man she once rejected, she might get the success and acclaim she craves.

Theo, crown prince of Valdoria, has never quite gotten over the girl who turned him dow
Linda Walters
May 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Yes, this book was sweet and wholesome but it was also a bit disappointing for me. It just didn't meet it's potential. Some of it felt easy to predict. I had a hard time to connecting to this one.

Yes, I know Theo has been raised to fulfill his responsibilities and his duty. Still, after awhile I just began to feel like he was a wimp. A handsome one but still so wishy -washy, it was hard to hold onto the original sympathy that I had for him. But as the story comes towards the end he does find his
Heather Green
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm finding that I really like this author. This is the 3rd or 4th book I've read of hers. I really liked that Alex is Channing's sister from another book, so we got more of a look into Channing's story. I liked that it had a little mystery and suspense, romance, and it was clean. I really like Theo's character and I especially like Daniel's subtle/wry humor. The only reason I didn't give this one a 5 rating is because the first two pages of the book were really confusing. I couldn't tell who wa ...more
Patricia Kiyono
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Stories about princes and princesses are the original romances, and they continue to be popular in the sweet romance genre. The Noble Heir is the opening book to a series about a royal family in the fictional country of Valdoria. Prince Theo is Crown Prince, and his family is host to several photographers in preparation for a major event. The photographer assigned to him is a woman he’s known for years, and she’s princess of a neighboring country. But she’s in disguise, using a different name. W ...more
Frances Hernandez
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loving royalty

Julia Keanini is a new-to-me author and I’m so glad that I purchased this book. I loved the royalty theme and all that is required of the royals. Alex was an independent, feisty princess and refused to be side-tracked from her dream job of being a photographer. She denies the love hook-up of Prince Theo, but ends up working in his castle as his personal photographer. They develop a slow burn love for each other, but several complications occur, and their love gets slightly side-tra
Ljones
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great first book to a new series.

I love that Alex is trying to make a name for herself on her own merits. I love Theo. He immediately knows who Alex is, but he doesn't let her know that he knows. He is to be king and needs a proper queen by his side. He wanted it to be Alex, but she turned him down. He still has feelings for her. Can he love someone else or will his heart always belong to her? I loved Julia Keanini's Second Chance Fairytale Series. If you haven't read it, you will want to.
Kerrie A Summers
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Nobel Heir

Alexandra Torre of Litiana and Prince Theo wanted to date her, but turned him down . Later Alex went to America to school and changed her name, dyed her hair, and added black glasses. Her study was photography. Jacque was her teacher and Jacque had a contest for photographers to join him in photos of the family of Theo. Only 10 photographers would be chosen. Alexander was one those chosen and was assigned to photo and follow Prince Theo. A lot happens in the story. Theo is to marry
Allison Whittle
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another cute and clean book from Keanini! I loved the character development of Alex and Theo, they were both wonderful and clear in their thoughts and ambitions. There was a bit more describing of the physical attributes of the prince’s chest than I care for, but it wasn’t horrible. I loved that they really got to know each other. So many times in novels, they just fall in love, with no effort or backstory to get there. I thought their story was well developed and thus more believable. Overall, ...more
Margaret J Mickelson
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story about Alexandria, a princess, goes under cover to pursuit her passion of photography, and Theo, a prince, in line to become king, falling in love with her. Alex and with a few top students of her class, where asked to photograph the royal family. Alex goes in under cover and really gets to know Theo. She find her self falling in love with him. Alex is put in a spot that she has to choose her career and passion, or safe the man she love, by exposing her true self. Love the story.
Bibliophile
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Noble Heir

The Noble Heir - Alex is pursuing her dream under a false identity. She's actually a princess. Theo is a Crown Prince and she's the one he chose to make his queen. But she turned him down without explanation. Now, with a disguised look and foreign accent, she's responsible for taking photographs of him for a month. There's a connection between them whether either will admit it or not. Can she keep her heart intact and her identity safe?
Lilsizzy
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Theo & Alex

Oh my gosh.... I'm not gonna lie it took me 2 chapters to get interested i. The storyline and I was hooked from then on. I loved the witty banter, laughs and love that came into play between Alex and Theo! You could read between the pages that they were meant to be. Can't wait for the next book!
Wendy Ballard
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alex is trying to keep her real name a secret so she knows if she could get into photographing by herself and not because of her name
Prince Theo Kane has tried once to get Alex to marry him when they was younger and he has tried to get her out of his mind but when he find the one and only Alex he was trying to get over is back in his life what will he do
Ray Whitaker
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charming read..

These princes really are charming. I truly enjoyed this story. It was what a true romance should be, clean and with just the right amount of smart and sassy from both the men and women to keep you wanting more. Couldn't put it down and can't wait to pick up the next one!
Kristine
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Charming

This was a delightful book with fun characters and a good story. No dull moments in this book. The writing and editing were great. I love men who are not afraid to let women shine.
Pat Babcock
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Noble Heir

As very enjoyable story about a princess who became involved with photography to honor her dead sister. Her success as student of a famous photographer lead her to an old love.
Camille
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet

Finding yourself and being happy sometimes means that you break a heart and run away from powerful feelings. Throw in a jealous so-called friend and you have a recipe for a great storyline. Check out this sweet and sexy romance.
Amanda Ray
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it
3/5 stars. A cute, predictable story. Sometimes you just need a simple read. Alex is a princess in disguise at another royal court. If you’re a lover of Christmas Hallmark movies... this one is for you (but like, without the Christmas part)
Jennie
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Noble Heir

Alex is a princess in hiding while she pursues her passion of photography. She is in a contest and one of the judges is Crown Prince Theo. Theo recognizes her and has her assigned to be his photographer for one month.
Dorothy Zeason
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who is My Princess?

I loved the characters,but wanted both the prince and the princess to just own their feelings and get to the happily ever after. Of course, the book would not have had such a satisfying ending without all the problems in between. Well done.
Erica
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
A handsome Prince and an undercover Princess makes for a sweet, engrossing story. I enjoyed Theo and Alex as well as the secondary characters that were introduced in this, the first book in a 4 part series
Brandy
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

I enjoyed this book very much! This is my first book by this author and I am definitely looking forward to more. I have bought the rest of this series and will be starting book 2 right now!
Jane
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet HEA

The only reason I didn’t give it five stars is because, like all other HEA romances, it’s formulaic. Otherwise, it’s exactly what I want to read when I’m looking for something in the way of what I call “brain candy”. Everything is just enough.

• Saved by the Movie Star (Rich and Famous Romance, #2)
  • Her Boss (Braxton Brothers, #1)
  • Her Secret Billionaire Roommate (Clean Billionaire Romance, #6)
  • Blind Date with a Blue-Collar Billionaire (Blind Date Disasters, #1)
  • Dating the Prince  (Lindzee's Royal Secrets #2)
  • Saved by the Rockstar (Rich and Famous Romance, #1)
  • Her Quiet Billionaire Groom (Bachelor Second Chance Cowboy Romances #2)
  • How to Switch a Groom (Jepson Brothers #2)
  • The Captivating Warrior (Navy SEAL Romances)
  • Her Flyboy Billionaire Boss (Billionaire Bachelor Cove)
  • The Gentle Patriot (Quinn Family #3)
  • The Conflicted Warrior: Sutton's Security Romances (Quinn Family #2)
  • The Prince's Bewildered Bride (Blushing Brides)
  • Dancing With The Prince  (Royal Secrets #2)
  • The Tough Warrior (Quinn Family #4)
  • The Beast's Fake Marriage
  • Her Dream Date Boss (Steele Family #1)
  • Royal Service (Royals of Danovar #1)

News & Interviews