Start by marking “The Immortal Hunter (Argeneau #11; Rogue Hunter #2)” as Want to Read:
The Immortal Hunter (Argeneau #11; Rogue Hunter #2)

The Immortal Hunter

(Argeneau #11)

Irresistible

Even vampires need a vacation. But Decker Argeneau's ends abruptly when he's asked to help hunt the group of rogue vampires targeting mortals - one that might include a defector in his own family. Before he can worry about that, though, he's got to rescue the latest victim. It's all part of the job, including taking a bullet for a beautiful doctor.

Insatiabl

Mass Market Paperback, 360 pages
Published March 31st 2009 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Immortal Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Immortal Hunter

Jilly
You all know how much I hate the "Alpha Asshole" man. There is nothing that will get my hackles raised quicker than some AA pushing a girl around "for her own good", or ignoring her when she say's no - but it's okay because "her body betrays her" and she really does want him. This guy, Decker, triggered me faster than a mansplainer.

Yeah, I'm gonna need a gun over here...

Decker treats his life-mate worse than any of the previous vamp guys ever have, and they are all a lot older than him, so he ca
DarienMoya
Apr 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010-reads, vampires
^^WILL KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE!^^

I really do I enjoy this series, it always like a little home coming for me. I know these characters and love them. Moreover, it’s like having vamps in my backyard, all these vampires on the streets of Toronto is never a bad thing. This book is the 2nd in the Rogue Hunter series and the 11th book in the Argeneau series, and why would I stop now.

Anything new and exciting to report not really. It’s the same whole concept, man finds life-mate she is human and onc
Megan
Mar 11, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampire-romance
This is book number 11 in Lyndsay Sand's Argeneau Vampire series. This series does not HAVE to be read in order, however, for this book, I at least recommend reading book #10 (The Rogue Hunter) because it continues some of the plot from that previous book. As for why this book only got 3 stars when Ms. Sands usually writes 4 or 5 star quality books...? There are a few reasons why. First, the book's plot is continued YET again. Yes, there is a satisfactory conclusion with the hero (Decker) and th ...more
CC
Nov 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, series, safe-for-me

This was a good addition to the series. Tons of action and the MCs were likable. I enjoyed it and thought that the suspense part was the best in the series. I was actually nervous and wondering how it would work out. Decker was a good hero and Dani handled the crazy pretty well.

These books are blurring together so I just do not have that much to say about them individually. But I am sticking with the series for now.
Mical
Feb 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
When I first began reading Lynsay Sands' Argeneau vampire series, I was a little put-off by the premise of the vampires. Seriously? Vampires as creations of science from mythical, long-lost Atlantis? C'mon...
But! I must add that once I got past the concept and into the plots themselves, I thoroughly enjoyed each book.
The author has a marvelous way of expressing the heady rush of passion and intensity of emotion that fires the onset of love, or at least lust. This book, introduces some new conce
Aberforth
Apr 06, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Apr 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Another Yummy book by Lynsay Sands. Unlike some of the other reviews I read about this book - I enjoy the fact that the book didn't wrap up all the plot lines in a neat little bow. It allows a little more complexity to the plot and room for other books to contain ties to previous books. I HATE having to wait until the next book comes out in October - but am anxious to find out what happens with some of the characters we were introduced to in this book.

As with all the books in these series (Arge
Cathy
I still like the series. She has a formula that she uses very effectively. I always like her characters and enjoy the adventure and romance, despite recognizing said formula, the books are consistently enjoyable and I look forward to more in the series. If you like humorous romance novels, you'll like these books.
Louisa
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic book, so enjoyable, and yeah, I wish I was able to read The Renegade Hunter, but I'm loving reading these 3 books back to back, because they are so close time wise and character proximity wise and yeah, it's so great!
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
The three Council Enforcers - Mortimer, Justin and Decker - are still at Decker's Muskoka cottage after finding the immortal they thought was snacking on mortal's necks in the area, only to find that he isn't responsible for all the snacking. Now they learn that the rogue Nicholas was seen in the area and rush to catch him. Decker and Justin find Nicholas surprisingly quickly: indeed, he's been waiting for them to help him flush out a nest of no-fanger rogues who've captured two human women. Lac ...more
Lover of Romance
After going hunting in search of a rogue vampire, who is also his cousin, Nicholas, one who has been on the run for over fifty years. Now they are following his very obvious trail, which leaves Decker worried. But then when they catch up to him, they join him in hunting down six dangerous vampires who have captured two innocent women, sisters. But after they take down five of them, one of them escapes with the youngest girl, and the one left behind with her rescuers are Decker and Justin. Nichol ...more
Kas
Jan 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
This book was a funny installment in the Argeneau series for me. I'm finding some books in this series are really good and some are really bad. This one was the first that was both.

The Immortal Hunter features Decker Argeneau, who is Martine, Jean-Claude's sister's son.

Decker is a rogue hunter for the Council. His current job is to find out who the rogue is that is biting people in a small town in Ontario. The book picks up directly from the last book in that Decker and Justin are on a hunt aft
Cindy
Apr 23, 2009 rated it liked it
Having various characters do occasionally stupid things just to move the plot forward doesn't do it for me. It also has somewhat of a cliffhanger ending, no doubt to ensure that the reader will buy the next book. I will buy it because yes, I want to know how the story arc works out and because I know how great Lynsay Sands vampire books usually are, but not because of this one.

Argeneau Family
1. A Quick Bite (2005)
2. Love Bites (2004)
3. Single White Vampire (2003)
4. Tall Dark and Hungry (2004)
Ivy Deluca
Feb 15, 2012 rated it did not like it
Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe)
Nov 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
I am just in love with the Argeneau Series, there isn't a book in this series that I just don't love. I think it's the humor, along with the passion that gets me. These books always give me a good laugh or two. This one though was different, it wasn't as funny as the others but it still made me smile a lot. And there's a difference with this book as to the other's... but you will have to read it to find out cause I'm not going to tell you and ruin the fun of finding out. Just take my word when I ...more
QiJia 치쟈
I like Decker and Dani 's story better than the previous one But not by much.

Still a cute read though I don't see much gripping moments

*Now they say MH370 is hijacked … *

** OMG the 'bomohs ' with coconuts and ratan basket and umbrella in penguin suit no less! I know it's not right to laugh at people's belief But honestly those four are obviously attention seekers*

***Feeling so embarrassed for being a Malaysian ***
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
A great second book, a continuation from the first book The Rogue Hunter, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The great thing is that it doesn't have to be read in order to understand the plot, love this series.
Amy
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed this book. I love Lynsay Sands books. She can draw u right into the story and the characters.
Two characters that were made for each other and love each other with all of their hearts can enjoy a long and happy life together as a couple for eternity.
Tilequa
Nov 11, 2010 rated it liked it
this one took me the longest to read but it was really good to not the best but good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i still dig decker who is sexy and i love how she was not turned vampire by him whick add to the goodness of the story!!!!!!!!1
Heila
Dani and her sister are captured by rogues, Dani is saved by Decker and the other rogue hunters, but she has to stick around for them to find the rogues who had escaped with her sister.

Rogues are vampires who break the laws of the Council (no feeding on humans, no killing humans, don’t let the humans know vampires exist, etc.). Rogue hunters hunt rogues. Decker Argeneau is a rogue hunter.

The Argeneaus are vampires due to science – nanos were introduced into their bloodstreams in Atlantis, repair
Elaine Kirby
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Decker Meets His Mate!, June 12, 2017

For some reason Amazon is mixing up my reviews of this series; because I distinctly remember posting the correct review for this book. However, I'm going to do it again (post a review about this book).

Decker Pimms Argeneau is a Enforcer for the Council & while trying to track down a Enforcer who went rogue he comes across his mate. She along with her sister was kidnapped by some rogue vampires.

Dr. Danielle "Dani" McGill & her sister Stephanie were com
Shyla
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Decker and Dani

Decker just wanted to have a vacation but he was not allowed even a short night of relaxation. Two women had been taken from the local shopping center and needed to be rescued.

Dani and her sister, Stephanie were going back home from their family reunion when they were kidnapped by mean men. Dani realized the men were going to kill them but before they even got started, Dani was rescued.

However; Stephanie was not rescued, one of the men took her, Decker and Dani has to rescue her
Our_orders
This is another cookie-cutter book where a mortal woman is found to be the life mate of an immortal who must rescue her from dangerous situations and convince her that, although he is a hunk and she is not very good looking, she should give up her life and become his life mate. Sure she will have eternal youth, health, and hot sex, but she must also give up her family in 10 years. In this book Danny is deciding if she want to be Decker's life mate while looking for her sister, Stephanie, who has ...more
Danielle Urban
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Must Read...

The Immortal Hunter by Lynsay Sands is amazing! Vampires are the most intriguing paranormal beings. Their lives are complicated, messy, and emotional. Dark, dangerous, and charming...these vampires sucked me into their world. I laughed a lot with this one. There was a huge emphasis on family and love. Overall, it was a great read.

I received this copy from the publisher. This is my voluntary review.
Ellena deLeon
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was artfully crafted and uniquely designed to pull you into the pages of another world!

You're going to love reading about these amazing and wonderful characters and experience their adventures and experiences with them and be pulled into the storyline where fantastical things occur and change your perspective on life!

One of Your Greatest Fans,

Lena deLeon
lenadeleon2004.ld@gmail.com
Patricia
2.5

As expected this novel didn't convince me either. I'm not saying no one should read the series, but it's not my thing. Of course you could ask my why I'm reading the books, then. Well, for starters, because of a few challenges. But the real reason is: Because I can without paying for the books.

So, this book together with the 10th and 12th belongs to a little spin-off series inside of the Argeneau series, evolving around the Rogue Hunters. This time we also meet No-Fangers and their less luna
Leslie Strobel Madrzak
This book was just okay. I didn't dislike either h or h, but I also didn't really like them. I did like that we avoided the "oh no, how do I tell her I'm a vamp" part. This one was at least about the rogues, and had plenty of action, but I just didn't feel that involved. I look forward to hearing more about Nicholas in future books.
TinaMarie
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
June
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Argeneau fans
Maybe more of a 3.5, but I rounded this one up because the ending and plot held together for me more and I ordered the next in the series.

Decker ends up saving Dr. MacGill from a group of no-fangers, and it turns out she is his lifemate. She on the otherhand doesn't trust him(she trusts the rogue vampire he is hunting more), however, he is the best bet for saving her sister.
Debra McEathron
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series. The books are stand alone but connect the characters from other books as well. Decker realizes that the rogue he is hunting is leading them to 2 mortals that have been kidnapped by another immortal that is truly crazy and dangerous. He save one and realizes she is his life mate. But they keep getting tripped up by the stalker.

• Secret Life of a Vampire (Love at Stake, #6)
  • Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang (Dark Ones #7)
  • Highland Thirst (MacNachton Vampires, #4)
  • Because Your Vampire Said So (Broken Heart #3)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more

Argeneau (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)
  • Love Bites (Argeneau #2)
  • Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)
  • Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau #4)
  • A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5)
  • Bite Me If You Can (Argeneau #6)
  • The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau #7)
  • Vampires are Forever (Argeneau #8)
  • Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9)
  • The Rogue Hunter (Argeneau #10; Rogue Hunter #1)
“Dani," Decker said firmly. "Trust me, this is not a dream."
"Why is it you men always say trust me before spitting out something completely unpalatable?" she asked, irritation flickering through her. "Vampires aren't supposed to be real. And how come you had to be a cute vampire? You should be a dog. All evil, vile people should look as ugly as they are inside."
"We aren't ev--" Decker halted his denial, and then did something she hadn't yet seen him do and lifted his lips in a very rare-and in her opinion, totally inappropriate-grin as he asked, "You think I'm cute?”
44 likes
“What are you doing here "
"Hiding with you”