Start by marking “Lance Armstrong” as Want to Read:
Lance Armstrong

Lance Armstrong

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  206 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Lance Armstrong's achievement (as vividly detailed in Daniel Coyle's Lance Armstrong: Tour de Force) has been one of the most astonishing in recent sporting history, not least for the reasons detailed in the book's strapline: tough guys, flawed heroes and one man's battle for ultimate supremacy. This is the remarkable story of a man who triumphed over all the odds -- a beh ...more
Hardcover
Published June 6th 2005 by Willow

To ask other readers questions about Lance Armstrong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lance Armstrong

Will
Feb 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
After reading this book i felt a greater appreciation for Lance Armstrong and anyone going through cancer. This autobiography talks about Lances childhhod (being raise by a single mum)and his story how he became such a famous bike rider.The book goes through his time with brain and testicular cancer and how he managed to survive through all the treatment.
Im not really interested in bike riding but I was told that the story behind Lance was amazing so I found this novel. I was sucked into his st
Ole Phillip
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, which I found to be an easy and catching read. Had it on my shelf to read for years, then the big cheat and admissions, or lack denials, came out, then I dropped it. Finally this summer I sped through it. Well written and researched, hats off for the author who has done his homework. As for all the cheaters out there in sport, shame on you!
Rachy
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
So he turned out to be a cheat. He was a fighter, that part surely was all him. The courage he displayed in his battle with cancer is still inspirational to me. This book also gives you insight of how intense the sport is!
Chetan
Oct 04, 2011 rated it liked it
I wanted to read the Lance armstrong story since a long time and got to know about this book.. Initially it was a good read, but once you cross 4-5 chapters, u feel that he is more talking about this freinds, team and competitors..U need to have a lot of patience to read it fully.
Amy Owen
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great read and an even better showing of grit and determination in never giving up.
Russell
Aug 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
Some good bits, esp. the sections covering the TDF stages.

But I didn't find it very engaging overall. So so.
Meredith
Mar 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Cyclists sure take a beating!
Theresa
Holy cow, I followed Lance's cycling career and read all his books, now, it just makes me sad , for he did accomplish so much and it is wasted, his legacy is ruined!
Pacyfa
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it

Need to re-read this one after the big news. Loved the setting of the big tour though... pity about the revelations
Oochie Tarbett
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Next Best Boo...: Is this now fiction? 6 55 Jan 24, 2013 10:15AM
South African Boo...: Fiction? 1 7 Jan 21, 2013 08:48AM
Awesome fiction! 1 3 Jan 21, 2013 08:00AM
  • 23 Days in July: Inside the Tour de France and Lance Armstrong's Record-Breaking Victory
  • The Death of Marco Pantani: A Biography
  • Lanced: the shaming of Lance Armstrong
  • Rough Ride: Behind the Wheel With a Pro Cyclist
  • Slaying the Badger: LeMond, Hinault and the Greatest Ever Tour de France
  • Put Me Back on My Bike: In Search of Tom Simpson
  • We Were Young and Carefree
  • Every Second Counts
  • Boy Racer: My Journey to Tour de France Record-Breaker
  • Tour de Lance: The Extraordinary Story of Lance Armstrong's Fight to Reclaim the Tour de France
  • Iron War: Dave Scott, Mark Allen, & the Greatest Race Ever Run
  • Winning!. Clive Woodward
  • Russell Rules: 711 Lessons on Leadership from the Twentieth Century's Greatest Winner
  • Chameleon (Stephanie Patrick #2)
  • Between Extremes